REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #4051
x_x

There is already so much blue incorporated into many NHL jerseys i would be disappointed if they went that route.
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #4052
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Remember when teams were going with black and red in the late 90's early 2000's. I'd have to go back and check but I think one year all four teams in the conference finals wore black and red.

Update: It was the 2006 Eastern Conference Semi Finals where all 4 teams wore black, red, and white: Senators, Sabres, Devils, Canes. Vissually, it was just aweful to watch.

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 12-01-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #4053
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
BK jerseys might be back for LA SJ stadium series
Old 12-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #4054
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
BK jerseys might be back for LA SJ stadium series
where did u read that

anyways..
dat saveeee

Old 12-01-2014, 08:06 PM   #4055

Old 12-02-2014, 04:46 AM   #4056
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts

not sure if its to consult..or actually play...
Old 12-02-2014, 06:01 AM   #4057
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
In case you forgot what those things looked like

This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2014, 06:13 AM   #4058
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2014, 06:53 AM   #4059
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
lol i thought they put those jerseys in a capsule and blasted em off to the sun

goalie fights...so good. i was watching some espn classic games from the mid 2000s, hard to believe the game has changed so much since then, shit was so much rougher and physical back then

Now it seems like every big hit is scrutinized and frowned upon.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:19 AM   #4060

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Eddie Lack....

Old 12-02-2014, 09:04 AM   #4061

looks like its official
Marty is now with the St Louis Blues on a one year contract.

gonna be so weird seeing him in non-devil colours

one year 700k + bonuses, apparently $10k for every point he gets
Old 12-02-2014, 09:17 AM   #4062
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
It's sad when great players stick around too long
Old 12-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #4063
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
watch him win another cup now and then retire lol
Old 12-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #4064

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Not sad seeing jagr still around, still dominating puck possession
Old 12-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #4065

lol Jagr, the guy doesn't age...same with Selanne, pretty sure he still had at least a season left in him.

It's different though, Marty is one of the best and has always been a Devil. Seeing him be a third string goalie with a different organization is just weird.

It'd be like seeing Roy extend his career to play for the Panthers or something. Same with Sundin, the novelty was nice but he probably should have retired a leaf.

But with all that said, i'd laugh so hard if he proves me and the haters/doubters all wrong and lead the Blues to a cup. I would buy a Brodeur Blues jersey and wear it for a year straight if that happens.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #4066
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
But with all that said, i'd laugh so hard if he proves me and the haters/doubters all wrong and lead the Blues to a cup. I would buy a Brodeur Blues jersey and wear it for a year straight if that happens.
and quoted
Old 12-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #4067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Not sad seeing jagr still around, still dominating puck possession
Well by stick around too long I mean staying to the point where you become a backup, or sent to the minors.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #4068
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Why do you have to retire when you're at your peak? Marty isn't allowed to continue playing hockey at a lower level than one of the top 5 in the league?

Its not like hes making $8million a year. He can still contribute to a team at essentially an entry level salary.

Hes not sticking around too long. Sticking around too long is to insist on being a superstar when you've got nothing left. Marty is taking a massive step down and he can still contribute as a backup and mentor.

edit: you could make a real good argument that Trevor Linden stuck around too long. The Canucks would never force him to retire, so it was up to him how long he played. And he didn't contribute much in the last couple of years. And Im a huge linden fan

Last edited by RRxtar; 12-02-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #4069

Thanked 7,189 Times in 2,411 Posts
Kings fined $100k for letting Voynov practice with the team. Did they not know or were they trying to get away with it?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 12-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #4070

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Why do you have to retire when you're at your peak? Marty isn't allowed to continue playing hockey at a lower level than one of the top 5 in the league?

Its not like hes making $8million a year. He can still contribute to a team at essentially an entry level salary.

Hes not sticking around too long. Sticking around too long is to insist on being a superstar when you've got nothing left. Marty is taking a massive step down and he can still contribute as a backup and mentor.

edit: you could make a real good argument that Trevor Linden stuck around too long. The Canucks would never force him to retire, so it was up to him how long he played. And he didn't contribute much in the last couple of years. And Im a huge linden fan
You're right you don't have to retire at your peak, but to me it's sad watching a hall of famer sticking around until no teams decide they want you and you're forced into it. Just my opinion. I don't consider Linden to be the same caliber of player so his back seat grinder years didn't bother me so much.

It's like watching a great UFC fighter who was once the best get knocked out over and over until they have no choice but to hang them up. Not the same obviously but same idea.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #4071
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,341 Times in 5,649 Posts
Marty ain't in the top 15 anymore. Maybe even deeper
Old 12-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #4072
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #4073
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Today?s Featured Recipe: A Quick and Easy Stanley Cup Championship «

Stanley Cup Recipe

Quote:
Winning a Stanley Cup doesn’t have to be difficult! By following the steps of this simple recipe, anyone can make an impressive run to a championship.

1. Start with several large spoonfuls of SMART DRAFTING. Continue until your prospect cupboard is full, then allow to bake slowly. Be patient — you can’t rush this part.

(Hint: You may want to try adding one tsp of TANKING to help the process along, assuming you can stand the smell.)

2. While you wait for your PROSPECTS to finish baking, assemble your other key ingredients. You will need:

• One FRANCHISE-PLAYER FORWARD, drafted with a top-five pick

• One NORRIS TROPHY–CALIBER DEFENSEMAN

• One GOOD GOALTENDER (If you don’t have a good goaltender available, an ADEQUATE GOALTENDER WHO PEOPLE THINK IS GOOD can also work.)

Mix together to form a CHAMPIONSHIP CORE, then allow to simmer.

3. When your PROSPECTS are ready, begin slowly adding them to the CHAMPIONSHIP CORE. Go slowly — dumping them all in at once may ruin the dish.

4. Mix in a few dollops of SMART TRADING.

5. Carefully add one or two helpings of FREE-AGENCY VALUE.

6. Sprinkle liberally with CHEAP DEPTH GUYS.

7. Cook together until you reach the SALARY-CAP CEILING.

8. Top with one SMART COACH, a dash of GRIT, and a heaping helping of GOOD LUCK, and serve while hot. Suggested drink pairing: champagne.

TOTAL PREPARATION TIME: three to five years.
This is the best part.

Quote:
33 Reader Comments on “Quick and Easy Stanley Cup Championship”

Chicago Blackhawks: I followed all the directions, and I have to say it really was super easy. In fact, I’ve already made this multiple times. Just wish I’d found this recipe earlier!

Boston Bruins: Same here: This was fantastic! Careful with the salary-cap part, though. If you’re not watching, it can overflow.

Los Angeles Kings: Fantastic recipe. I’m not a huge fan of free agents, so I usually substitute lopsided trade with Columbus, which works just as well.

Washington Capitals: Wait, are you sure there isn’t a step missing or something? I swear I followed all the directions, and it didn’t work at all.

Florida Panthers: Yeah, I’ve been trying this for years, and I never even seem to get past Step 1.

Columbus Blue Jackets: Same here.

Anaheim Ducks: Good recipe, but I’d recommend doubling up on the Norris defenseman. Makes everything so much easier.

Detroit Red Wings: I’ve made this one often, and it always turns out great. Tip: If you’ve run out of top-five-pick franchise players, just swap in a few you have lying around from the sixth or seventh round instead.

Edmonton Oilers: Three to five years? Uh, don’t think so. I’ve had this in the oven for six and it’s not even close to being done.

Philadelphia Flyers: I have a severe allergy to goaltending. Does anyone know of a way to make this dish without it?

Vancouver Canucks: I’ve never been able to get this one to work. Everything always seems fine, but at the very end when I go to serve it, everything crumbles. Then there’s usually a fire.

Pittsburgh Penguins: Not bad, but honestly this makes it sound more complicated than it needs to be. If you just toss in a lucky Ping-Pong ball, you can skip most of these other steps.

St. Louis Blues: This sounds delicious. I might try it someday. Does anyone have a version of this recipe that uses a slow-cooker?

New York Rangers: Wait, where are you getting all of this free-agency value from? It’s never available at any store I’ve ever shopped at.

Edmonton Oilers: Me again. Now it’s been seven years, and still nothing. Something’s wrong with this recipe.

Montreal Canadiens: I’ve made this recipe way more than any of you. I could easily do it again if I wanted to, but I just haven’t felt like it recently. Still, it was really great when I used to make it all the time a few decades ago. Would you like me to tell you about it? Let me tell you about it … [Click to expand comment. 72,000 more words.]

Tampa Bay Lightning: I’m pretty sure I made this once, although nobody seems to remember.

Calgary Flames: I remember.

Ottawa Senators: Hey, does anyone have a version of this recipe that doesn’t call for the salary-cap ceiling? Uh, I mean, I could totally use that if I wanted to. I just like the challenge of cooking without it. Yeah, that’s it.

Buffalo Sabres: Whoops. When it came to the tanking, I misread “tsp” as “gallon.” Hope it still works out!

Colorado Avalanche: I followed this recipe a few times and it worked great. I figured I’d try it again recently, but this time I skipped a few steps, and it still worked out just as well so I’m not sure why you’d bother with … oh wait, my kitchen just flooded.

Dallas Stars: I made this once and it turned out just right. I didn’t follow all the directions exactly, but that’s no big deal. It’s not like anyone’s going to care about one errant step.

Minnesota Wild: You know when you try to sprinkle in just the right amount of an ingredient and it won’t come out of the container so you tap the bottom a few times and then suddenly all of it falls out right into the middle of your dish? That happened to me at the free-agency step.

Winnipeg Jets: I was really excited to try this until I got to the part about trading. Didn’t know it was going to be one of those fancy-pants recipes with complicated steps that are impossible to do. No thanks!

New Jersey Devils: Great recipe. I used to make it all the time and was really happy with the results. One word of advice: Be sure to check the expiration date on your goaltender, because they’ll eventually go bad on you.

New York Islanders: I made this recipe a few times in the 1980s and don’t really see any reason to ever make it again.

Edmonton Oilers: Now up to eight years and counting. Not sure why it’s working for everyone else and not me, but it’s definitely not my fault. I think I know a thing or two about cooking!

Carolina Hurricanes: Wait, did that say grit? I thought it said grits. Never mind, my version turned out way better.

Arizona Coyotes: I’d love to try making this, but all of my cooking supplies are permanently packed away in moving boxes that I never end up using.

Nashville Predators: Ugh, my annoying neighbor from Philadelphia keeps coming over and trying to borrow my Norris defenseman.

Toronto Maple Leafs: Not sure what everyone’s raving about, since I tried this recently and wasn’t impressed. Although I should mention that I didn’t have enough prospects, so I substituted compete level. Also, I couldn’t find the defenseman, so I substituted compete level. And instead of the trading, cheap depth, and free-agency value, I went with compete level. Anyway, the results were terrible. I guess I didn’t use enough compete level.

San Jose Sharks: I‘ve been trying to make this recipe for years, but I always end up choking on it.

Edmonton Oilers: I just realized my oven was unplugged this whole time.
I larfed.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #4074

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
you guys are idiots, why do you even care if marty or other players play 1 more year of NHL?? I wouldn't mind if I was making 700k-$1million and then retiring. I can rest assure you that sundin/martin wouldn't give two fucks about your opinions.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #4075

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
sad from a fans perspective they are making another mill ball?

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Closed Thread