REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 05:53 AM   #8876
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Plus Miller is still injured ... Dressed, but not close to 100%
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2015, 06:06 AM   #8877
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Plus Miller is still injured ... Dressed, but not close to 100%
Typical Vancouver goalie graveyard mentality. He didn't save every shot, it must be his fault!
Old 04-16-2015, 06:24 AM   #8878
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Lack was more than fine, Id prefer to just roll with lack unless he gets absolutely lit up than try miller
Old 04-16-2015, 06:53 AM   #8879
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Team scores 1 goal......blame goalie.

Welcome to Vancouver.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 04-16-2015, 07:08 AM   #8880
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Lack played fantastic end of story. If he wasn't for him the game would of been 5-1...
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2015, 07:37 AM   #8881
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
The guys need to score on the powerplay. Plain and simple.
We need more traffic in front of Hiller. More shots from the slot from Bonino and Vrbata. Those guys must step up their game big time. Shooters need to shoot!

When the Flames forwards try to block shots like last night, our d-men need to adjust by faking the shot and pass the puck to the open man for the shot.

Last edited by pastarocket; 04-16-2015 at 07:50 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2015, 08:15 AM   #8882
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
If danny (or hank?) scored on that point blank shot from the slot it's a different game...Canucks need to kno that Flames are god-tier in the 3rd. The lack of finish hurts.

Make no mistake about it, game 2 is a must win. If Flames take game 2 I doubt this is even gonna go 7 games. It'll be like LA and SJ all over again. That doubt that the core is old and stale will pretty much be amped if they lose in game 2 and then gg. This team just doesn't have the confidence to lose 2 in a row.

I dunno but it seems like they were pretty tentative defensively too...Bennett is legit but he shouldn't be allowed to walk into the slot and in front of the net whenever he feels like it. Canucks need to take the page out of the Sens book. I said it earlier, they might tied in a lot of stats but Calgary has youth and the strong desire to win. They want it more. And that trumps 1000 games of playoff experience.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:23 AM   #8883
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
If danny (or hank?) scored on that point blank shot from the slot it's a different game...Canucks need to kno that Flames are god-tier in the 3rd. The lack of finish hurts.

Make no mistake about it, game 2 is a must win. If Flames take game 2 I doubt this is even gonna go 7 games. It'll be like LA and SJ all over again. That doubt that the core is old and stale will pretty much be amped if they lose in game 2 and then gg. This team just doesn't have the confidence to lose 2 in a row.

I dunno but it seems like they were pretty tentative defensively too...Bennett is legit but he shouldn't be allowed to walk into the slot and in front of the net whenever he feels like it. Canucks need to take the page out of the Sens book. I said it earlier, they might tied in a lot of stats but Calgary has youth and the strong desire to win. They want it more. And that trumps 1000 games of playoff experience.
How cool is that!?

But on a serious note- I was actually in awe with what Bennett did in his first game. I'm not going to get all high-and-mighty and say he's the second coming of Gilmour/Toews/take your pick, but for someone who can't do a pull-up he looked pretty strong on the puck for me.

My takeaway from the game was that the Canucks played their game in the first half, and proceeded to play the Flames game in the second half. They stopped being aggressive on the forecheck and basically sat back on that lead (UGH). Judging by the amount of back and forth in the 2nd and third periods, it's obvious to me that the Canucks don't have the personnel (read: finish) to play a run/gun transition game. If the Canucks can get back to slowing down the Flames' first line speed, they'll be just fine.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:31 AM   #8884
My homepage has been set to RS

I think it was Henrik that was point blank, but passed it to Daniel as well. He should have shot.

on a different note...

Sens need to change to Craig Anderson. Those goals the hamburglar let in...were momentum killers.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:28 AM   #8885
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
We need more guys in front of the net especially on the powerplay. Hiller will make the first save, we need someone to bang in the rebound. Kinda like Horvat's goal, shot - save - rebound on his own shot.

Hope Kassian comes back soon. He would be good in this series.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:43 AM   #8886
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Lack should play game 2.
Who were weak? Weber, and the pairing of Sbisa and Bieksa.

I just closely watched the replay on the GWG.
Seriously, with 1:30 left in the game, and the 4th line playing before that, get the Sedins on the ice. Why were Kenins, Sbisa, and Bieksa on the ice? They had serious trouble clearing pucks and both dmen were screening lack on the GWG!. Kenins is not who you want in the defensive zone when the Flames are pushing in the final minute.

Maybe WD was saving the Sedin line for the shift after the Horvat line, but with 1:30 left?!

Sbisa and Bieksa should be playing less minutes and Edler and Tanev should be in the high 20's range.

WD needs to have better line deployment especially in the playoffs, and he better learn fast on how to match lines. I have a feeling the coaching staff won't change much.

BTW, Henrik was dominating on the faceoffs last night. 79%
I'm not sure of the exact record but something like 15-4
Bonino was 22% and had horrible puck possession compared to the Sedins. So why was Bonino getting more EV minutes compared to Daniel? This was even brought up by the media.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:45 AM   #8887

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
We need more guys in front of the net especially on the powerplay. Hiller will make the first save, we need someone to bang in the rebound. Kinda like Horvat's goal, shot - save - rebound on his own shot.

Hope Kassian comes back soon. He would be good in this series.
We need Kassian to play with controlled aggression. -finish his bodychecks hard. Make life a living nightmare for Hiller by being in front of that goalie on every shift. Bring the puck hard to the net.

As long as he doesn't take any dumbass penalties, WD should consider putting Kassian in for game 2 assuming that Zack is healthy.

We need the Hulk, to play with control, instead of going into uncontrollable rage mode.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:50 AM   #8888
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Well Zack has a back injury. Hopefully he can come back and replace Kenins or Higgins.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #8889
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
So much disappoint.

Apparently the Canucks have lost their last seven home playoff games.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:34 AM   #8890
HELP ME PLS!!!

What worries me also is that there was a drop in intensity after the 1st period. The Canucks stopped pushing as hard and were not as hungry around the net compared to the Flames. That's inexcusable.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:38 AM   #8891
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Kassian needs to do to Hiller what Byfuglien did to Luongo.

Alas Kassian is injured...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 04-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #8892
In RS I Trust

Kass plays one shift, takes out Hiller and with him being injured already so what if he gets suspended lol
Old 04-16-2015, 11:22 AM   #8893
In RS I Trust

Vancouver Canucks: Why they'll win the Stanley Cup - Canucks vs Flames - 2015 SCP First Round

Quote:
The Vancouver Canucks are poised and ready to make a run for the ages in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Making it certain that the first Canadian team in 21 seasons wins the Stanley Cup will be those twin-engines up front in Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin, who have each topped 70 points this season.

There's the emergence of Bo Horvat, and the dependability of forwards Nick Bonino, Chris Higgins, Alexandre Burrows and Jannik Hansen.

The Canucks played meaningful games down the stretch and got it done with goaltender Eddie Lack filling in for an injured Ryan Miller.

"We were never in this position before," Henrik Sedin said. "There were a few years where we made the playoffs a few weeks before the season was over, and last year we were done a few weeks before the playoffs so it's exciting because every night every game meant something."

At the core of the jump and enthusiasm in the Sedin twins this year has been perhaps the most underrated free-agent signing of the 2014 class, right wing Radim Vrbata.

Vrbata, signed to a two-year, $10 million contract on July 3, 2014, believes the secret to being a dependable linemate for the Sedin twins is just staying out of their way.

"For a half season, I've seen [the Sedin twins] in certain situations on the ice where you would think a play would be impossible to make and they make it happen," Vrbata said. "It has to be something bigger than regular chemistry."

Whatever it is, Vrbata has been a perfect fit in the midst of his best season in three years. He's not only flourished with the Sedin twins but without them, earning a trip to his first NHL All-Star Game and eclipsing the 30-goal mark for the second time in his career.

The Canucks were ninth in the League on the power play, led by Vrbata's career-high 12 goals on the man advantage, and were second in penalty-killing efficiency (85.7 percent).

Defensemen Yannick Weber and Christopher Tanev have provided a lot more than originally anticipated at the start of the season. Whenever the Canucks needed some offense from their defense, it usually came from Alexander Edler, Dan Hamhuis, Weber or Tanev. Weber had career-highs in goals and points.

The voice of reason providing the motivation this season is coach Willie Desjardins. It didn't take him very long to earn the respect and confidence of each player following the firing of John Tortorella at the end of last season.

Desjardins has allowed his players to play to their strengths while he consistently runs four lines and three defense pairs. Defenseman Kevin Bieksa said that there was a lot more freedom to play with speed and creativity. The Canucks had 12 players with 10 or more goals this season. They had eight last season and nine when they reached the 2011 Stanley Cup Final.

Not to be forgotten has been the play of Lack since Miller's knee injury in late February. Lack made major strides this season with career highs in wins (18) and save percentage (.921).

"He's been great," Henrik Sedin said of Lack. "We've played a lot of hockey and whenever he had a tough game he came back and got it done. He's been really good for us."
Old 04-16-2015, 11:51 AM   #8894
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
So much disappoint.

Apparently the Canucks have lost their last seven home playoff games.
Beleive it's the last 7 home games and 9 of the last 12 games total
Old 04-16-2015, 12:18 PM   #8895
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

@17:16

whole line fucked up.... not just the D

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 04-16-2015, 12:21 PM   #8896

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Canucks lost 7th in a row playoff games at home dating back from the LA and San Jose series lol

I forgot we even played san jose and got swept
Old 04-16-2015, 12:22 PM   #8897
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Just like in recent past years, when the canucks made playoff, they didn't really have to play that hard to make it in.
Then in the 1st round, they get owned by teams who really had to turn it on to make it into the final spots.

Canucks may get past calgary with some luck and if they can really step up their game.

Their issue is that they play well overall, over 82 games.
Canucks aren't a team that can play intense- fire outta hell intense, for the final ~28 games or so.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:02 PM   #8898
In RS I Trust

Old 04-16-2015, 01:24 PM   #8899
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
@17:16

whole line fucked up.... not just the D
Problem is that Canucks stopped playing after the first period. They stopped skating and they got outworked by Calgary.

Just count the times where Calgary skaters had the space going into our zone and not only that but crash towards the net. I think Bennett had 4-5 chances of bringing the puck to the net.

They need to really take Higgins off the second PP. Give it to Matthias or Dorsett, someone who will create traffic in front of the net.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #8900
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
lol even the comets know how to playoff hockey.
old and stale is coming to mind real quick...that's the playoff reality unless they can got off their asses and play the full 60.

i hate how this team never plays a full 60 minutes...the first period was awesome, then the retirement hotel call and everyone checked in.
i honestly wouldn't have minded losing if we played like the Habs and Sens did in their game 1. Couple whacks here and there, big hits, scrums after whistle, getting in the goalies kitchen, frustration boiling out, you know, play-off setting plays. That was good. Sens fan should be happy, even with the loss, the statement's out that it's not gonna be an easy series.

Canucks pretty much stated that if the Flames can survive the first 20, you win, and we'll be nice about it too. We'll even let your rookie prance wherever he feels like.

This series needs some hatorade. Let the power of the dark side flow through everyone...lulz.

As it stands now on a scale of PK Subban to Edler, this series has less emotions than Edler. And i don't even know how that's possible, because Edler is like the 0 degree Kelvin of emotional temperature.
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread