REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2015, 03:21 AM   #9101
Say! Say! Say!
 
Razor Ramon HG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Japan
Posts: 13,423
Thanked 2,019 Times in 770 Posts
Can anyone please explain the Mayray comment?
Advertisement
__________________
Quote:
Owner of Vansterdam's 420th thanks. OH YEAUHHH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now  
Old 04-18-2015, 04:01 AM   #9102
I want to be a person and not an icon.
 
Vale46Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mugello
Posts: 4,173
Thanked 5,283 Times in 892 Posts
Interesting game,

I was at the game.... Calgary fans are complete ruthless assholes, the 4 behind me got kicked out.... They called the security on me for not sitting back and leaning forward (They poured beer on my seat) They were also extremely rude and when I was on my phone sending a message called me a fucking asshole and other stuff... also they were kicking our seats and ended up kicking my girlfriend in the back...

I explained to security that after, and they told me because they dont have evidence, but will be watching.... and if anything happens again they are gone in 3 seconds.... Within 5 minutes of that, they pour a whole cup of beer on my girlfriends back and police came and escorted them out...


Also watched a calgary fan start a fight with a bunch of canucks fan after the game and he ended up getting cracked in the face and a guy got his nose broken... Got pictures will post those later :P
Vale46Rossi is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2015, 04:34 AM   #9103
RS controls my life!
 
xeryusx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 787
Thanked 433 Times in 109 Posts
pics now.
xeryusx is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2015, 05:25 AM   #9104
GO FLAMES GO
 
Tegra_Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kamloops
Posts: 4,293
Thanked 2,051 Times in 610 Posts
id honestly be surprised if there were any suspensions handed out at the end of the game.

funny how dorsett needed backup/rescue...couldn't handle a real tough guy lol

In the end, the flames played flat all game, with minor spurts here and there, not enough to win that game. canucks played much better, they will regroup.

Overall, I call it a success, we stole home advantage, now it works in our favour for. Stealing one of the first 2 was pivitol.






And every team has bad apples, flames fans and nucks fans.
__________________
2013 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Offroad *CURRENT*
2005 Nissan Xterra SE *SOLD*
1991 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-X Widebody *SOLD*
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter

Last edited by Tegra_Devil; 04-18-2015 at 05:32 AM.
Tegra_Devil is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 05:45 AM   #9105
(╯□)╯聽不到 ╮(□╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 16,810
Thanked 10,861 Times in 2,126 Posts
what a great fucking game bwhahahaha
Sunday gonna be good...

anyone see the Patrick Kane goal? Obvious too many men on the ice..even the celly had 6 people... LOL


*edit* skycam reply of the Bo Horvat move out of our zone


Last edited by Tim Budong; 04-18-2015 at 05:50 AM.
Tim Budong is online now  
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2015, 09:36 AM   #9106
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Langley
Posts: 2,014
Thanked 380 Times in 230 Posts
Did anyone see the cross check on bonino from Russel! It was pretty much they same shit that bufyglen did to get suspended! I dont have the video but saw it on twitter and man it was pretty much they same thing as bufylglens...knowing the NHL nothing will happen tho...
Nabatron is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 09:53 AM   #9107
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,369
Thanked 833 Times in 391 Posts
The Bonino thing was more accidental. Bonino skated into Russell's legs and he fell forward on top.
highfive is online now  
Old 04-18-2015, 09:54 AM   #9108
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Jmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Duncan, BC
Posts: 8,165
Thanked 3,840 Times in 1,435 Posts
Engelland the real tough guy who jumps Dorsett from behind because Hartley sent the goons out to start shit?

That was a gutless event by the Flames and yet the Flames and their fans are crying foul because Stajan got rocked by Richardson and Engelland had to "defend himself" against 2 guys not even throwing punches.

Why do you think Engelland got 3 game misconducts and an instigator on that play? Oh, let me guess, it's not because your coach is a gutless piece of shit and your players, especially Engelland, are gutless pieces of shit.

Oh, and after the game, nothing but excuses, victim cards, and crying. Real winners in Cow Town. Monahan could be in juniors, Gaudreau could still be in college. Richardson gouged my eyes with his forearm. Wah, wah, wah. Cry some more.

How Stajan thinks the fight ended (NSFW):
Spoiler!
Jmac is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 09:57 AM   #9109
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,491
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,198 Posts
makaveli highlights for those who missed the game (wtf were you doing to miss the game?!)


watch it before NHL shuts it down
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2015, 09:59 AM   #9110
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,008
Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale46Rossi View Post
Interesting game,

I was at the game.... Calgary fans are complete ruthless assholes, the 4 behind me got kicked out.... They called the security on me for not sitting back and leaning forward (They poured beer on my seat) They were also extremely rude and when I was on my phone sending a message called me a fucking asshole and other stuff... also they were kicking our seats and ended up kicking my girlfriend in the back...

I explained to security that after, and they told me because they dont have evidence, but will be watching.... and if anything happens again they are gone in 3 seconds.... Within 5 minutes of that, they pour a whole cup of beer on my girlfriends back and police came and escorted them out...


Also watched a calgary fan start a fight with a bunch of canucks fan after the game and he ended up getting cracked in the face and a guy got his nose broken... Got pictures will post those later :P
I've seen that kind of behaviour in literally every Calgary game I've been to... It's even worse when they win.

People like to make fun of Edmonton fans, but I swear there's nothing worse than a Flames fan in all of sports.
SkinnyPupp is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2015, 09:59 AM   #9111
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,725
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,087 Posts
Neat video on how the lottery is determined

__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #9112
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Abbotsford
Posts: 2,539
Thanked 1,214 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil View Post
id honestly be surprised if there were any suspensions handed out at the end of the game.

funny how dorsett needed backup/rescue...couldn't handle a real tough guy lol

In the end, the flames played flat all game, with minor spurts here and there, not enough to win that game. canucks played much better, they will regroup.

Overall, I call it a success, we stole home advantage, now it works in our favour for. Stealing one of the first 2 was pivitol.






And every team has bad apples, flames fans and nucks fans.
You do realize Dorsett fought guys like Reaves and Scott this year right? Pretty sure he didn't "need" the help.
cdizzle_996 is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #9113
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,296
Thanked 4,194 Times in 1,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Engelland the real tough guy who jumps Dorsett from behind because Hartley sent the goons out to start shit?

That was a gutless event by the Flames and yet the Flames and their fans are crying foul because Stajan got rocked by Richardson and Engelland had to "defend himself" against 2 guys not even throwing punches.

Why do you think Engelland got 3 game misconducts and an instigator on that play? Oh, let me guess, it's not because your coach is a gutless piece of shit and your players, especially Engelland, are gutless pieces of shit.

Oh, and after the game, nothing but excuses, victim cards, and crying. Real winners in Cow Town. Monahan could be in juniors, Gaudreau could still be in college. Richardson gouged my eyes with his forearm. Wah, wah, wah. Cry some more.


Are the McDavid sweepstakes live on CBC or TSN at 4:30 today? I think it's CBC.. he'll be there to see which team gets him as well. Should be cool to see.
__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.
punkwax is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2015, 10:02 AM   #9114
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tres Ciudades
Posts: 5,406
Thanked 3,689 Times in 1,526 Posts
Lol gold.





bitches gon' bitch...as long as the Canucks ignore the noise and just keep playin like they did in game 2, everything's gonna be fun.

Someone needs to keep Edler pumped. That was his best game in years.
6o4__boi is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2015, 10:03 AM   #9115
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,725
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post


Are the McDavid sweepstakes live on CBC or TSN at 4:30 today? I think it's CBC.. he'll be there to see which team gets him as well. Should be cool to see.
edit: It'll be on CBC at 4:30
__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #9116
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,296
Thanked 4,194 Times in 1,317 Posts
Really? I thought it was said on TV last night that they would have McDavid in studio at 430 to see who won the lottery... I was switching channels back and forth so often I can't remember which channel it was.

Edit: thanks jeedee. I would've figured it out at 430, but RS needs this info beforehand
__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.
punkwax is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2015, 10:09 AM   #9117
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,050
Thanked 77 Times in 49 Posts
2015 NHL Draft Lottery to determine team that gets No. 1 pick, first shot at Connor McDavid - 2015 NHL Draft

Quote:
There's a significant jackpot awaiting the winner of the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery on Saturday (8 p.m. ET; NBC, CBC, TVA Sports).
looks like its being aired.
Simulated is online now  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:09 AM   #9118
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,725
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Really? I thought it was said on TV last night that they would have McDavid in studio at 430 to see who won the lottery... I was switching channels back and forth so often I can't remember which channel it was.
Edited my post. It will be televised on CBC at 4:30PM. Had to double check my TV listing and you were right

Got it confused with something else I read online:

NHL will make video of draft lottery available | The Hockey News
__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #9119
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Can anyone please explain the Mayray comment?
Because MayRay is MayRay and he will just fall over at any opportunity to do so?
CRS is online now  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #9120
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tres Ciudades
Posts: 5,406
Thanked 3,689 Times in 1,526 Posts
i want the Yotes to win the lottery...that'd be awesome, though Eichel wouldn't be bad
i grew up in Phoenix...didn't even know hockey existed there until i moved here.
If the yotes play their cards right with or without McDavid, they could become a powerhouse in the West
That and tix will be dirt cheap to watch McDavid whenever i visit family

The east is overrated. As if the media isn't already eastern-centric when it comes to individual stars.
6o4__boi is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:31 AM   #9121
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
RiceIntegraRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,241
Thanked 625 Times in 246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Can anyone please explain the Mayray comment?
Bieksas implying that someone from the flames should be suspended next game and in theory MayRay is next in line to get into the lineup, thats why he made that comment about him
RiceIntegraRS is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:32 AM   #9122
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,296
Thanked 4,194 Times in 1,317 Posts
I think I'd burn something down if Boston or LA somehow landed the 1st pick...
__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.
punkwax is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2015, 10:34 AM   #9123
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tres Ciudades
Posts: 5,406
Thanked 3,689 Times in 1,526 Posts
^ its ok...Gregory Campbell isn't with the Bruins anymore
Maybe we should sign him next season to get some calls going our way
6o4__boi is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:37 AM   #9124
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB
 
mb_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 6,859
Thanked 5,993 Times in 1,590 Posts
Won't help. Because Canucks.
__________________
FEEDBACK (9-0-0)
SPOTTED
:: FLICKR :: JOURNAL :: INSTAGRAM

2015 Scion FRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #9125
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Langley
Posts: 2,014
Thanked 380 Times in 230 Posts
Gregory campbell is a useless as vey!
Nabatron is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net