REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Speaking of rustled jimmies...

Never let the facts get in the way of a good Sebberry anti-establishment rant!
Advertisement
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #27
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,973
Thanked 4,960 Times in 2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Seriously? Doesn't he/she have anything better to do?
I absofuckinglutely hate it when people say this. There's a lot of different laws with a lot of different severities and they all need to be upheld. The police aren't going to drop everything and only focus on one law for the worst thing you could be doing and ignore everything else.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,417
Thanked 1,468 Times in 560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I absofuckinglutely hate it when people say this. There's a lot of different laws with a lot of different severities and they all need to be upheld. The police aren't going to drop everything and only focus on one law for the worst thing you could be doing and ignore everything else.
Except that this is such a grey area it's not even a definite that it would hold up in court. Just like that letter from them on the last page, they pretty much said they knew it was a bullshit ticket but "please try and lock your car".

So why not spend more time on tickets that are more cut and dry instead of trolling someone with a ticket that won't even hold up.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #29
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Maybe that cop really didn't have anything better to do just then?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,417
Thanked 1,468 Times in 560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Maybe that cop really didn't have anything better to do just then?
Perhaps, but it says a lot about him when questionable tickets is the idea that pop's into his head at that point.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #31
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Oh, please do give us your psychoanalysis of this cop, Dr. Jung.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,417
Thanked 1,468 Times in 560 Posts
You're right the cops always right we shouldn't call them on anything they do. As long as it doesn't happen to you right, that's usually how it goes.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #33
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Nice cop-out there, sport.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #34
I subscribe to Revscene
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Victoria
Posts: 1,977
Thanked 185 Times in 129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
A warning doesn't go on your record, sir. Also, it isn't j walking unless you obstruct vehicles.
Any interaction with the police is recorded in PRIME. I'm not just talking about driving records.

Jaywalking might be permitted in the BCMVA, but it's outlawed in many municipal traffic bylaws, including Nanaimo.
__________________
Consider reading the research before commenting on photo enforcement: http://thenewspaper.com/

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #35
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,417
Thanked 1,468 Times in 560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Nice cop-out there, sport.
What cop out? You said yourself maybe he didn't have anything better to do at the time. Tell me, what does that even mean? "Well there doesn't seem to be any legit infractions going on here, what can I come up with in the meantime" ?
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #36
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
What cop out?
Well, you imply that you have this guy's mindset all figured out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Perhaps, but it says a lot about him when questionable tickets is the idea that pop's into his head at that point.
So, what exactly DOES it say about him? Do enlighten us, and feel free to use big words.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #37
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,417
Thanked 1,468 Times in 560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Well, you imply that you have this guy's mindset all figured out...


So, what exactly DOES it say about him? Do enlighten us, and feel free to use big words.
Well I'd say when you're the only person to hand out a ticket like that on the force, and it's a very debatable one at that, they're either not as informed about the law as they think, or they're the type of cop to give you a ticket for going 2km over the limit and one of your tires being 3psi below the manufacturers specifications.

Now how about you tell me what "had nothing better to do at that time" actually means...I really am curious. Was he on his coffee break or something?
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #38
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,973
Thanked 4,960 Times in 2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Except that this is such a grey area it's not even a definite that it would hold up in court. Just like that letter from them on the last page, they pretty much said they knew it was a bullshit ticket but "please try and lock your car".

So why not spend more time on tickets that are more cut and dry instead of trolling someone with a ticket that won't even hold up.
Just because he started with a ticket doesn't mean he always intended to issue a ticket, there are a bunch of reasons why he couldn't started with a ticket before the warning.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:43 PM   #39
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,417
Thanked 1,468 Times in 560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Just because he started with a ticket doesn't mean he always intended to issue a ticket, there are a bunch of reasons why he couldn't started with a ticket before the warning.
Well regardless of what his intentions were, I just find it odd that he chose to write that particular ticket, when they said themselves that they aren't issuing tickets for that. Did he just think it up on his own and decide to interpret the law in his own way?
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #40
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Well regardless of what his intentions were, I just find it odd that he chose to write that particular ticket, when they said themselves that they aren't issuing tickets for that. Did he just think it up on his own and decide to interpret the law in his own way?
why are you asking us? You're the one inside his head...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #41
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,417
Thanked 1,468 Times in 560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
why are you asking us? You're the one inside his head...
Shouldn't you be writing the answer to my last question, what does "maybe that cop really didn't have anything better to do just then" mean? If you're not busy it's a pass to write a bogus ticket?
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #42
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Shouldn't you be writing the answer to my last question, what does "maybe that cop really didn't have anything better to do just then" mean?
Well alright, if the English language is that difficult for you...

Maybe | Define Maybe at Dictionary.com
That | Define That at Dictionary.com
Cop | Define Cop at Dictionary.com
Really | Define Really at Dictionary.com
Didn't | Define Didn't at Dictionary.com
Have | Define Have at Dictionary.com
Anything | Define Anything at Dictionary.com
Better | Define Better at Dictionary.com
To | Define To at Dictionary.com
Do | Define Do at Dictionary.com

Let me know when you've absorbed all that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #43
all day, everyday
 
mk1freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 19th hole
Posts: 2,010
Thanked 1,944 Times in 523 Posts
never has a thread title been more pertinent to thread content in RS ....ever.

Spoiler!
__________________
My Feedback
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:36 PM   #44
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
Any interaction with the police is recorded in PRIME. I'm not just talking about driving records.

Jaywalking might be permitted in the BCMVA, but it's outlawed in many municipal traffic bylaws, including Nanaimo.

Nope...not permitted..in MV Act

Crossing at other than crosswalk
180 When a pedestrian is crossing a highway at a point not in a crosswalk, the pedestrian must yield the right of way to a vehicle.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #45
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,417
Thanked 1,468 Times in 560 Posts
And you mentioned copping out earlier pretty ironic. If you spent as much time explaining yourself rather than trying to pretend like you're some superior being in here maybe you'd make more sense.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2014, 11:29 PM   #46
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
And you mentioned copping out earlier pretty ironic. If you spent as much time explaining yourself rather than trying to pretend like you're some superior being in here maybe you'd make more sense.
I just don't see what there is to explain about such a simple phrase. It's not expressing a complex concept. I'm sorry that comprehension of English eludes you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:38 AM   #47
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,417
Thanked 1,468 Times in 560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
I just don't see what there is to explain about such a simple phrase. It's not expressing a complex concept. I'm sorry that comprehension of English eludes you.
Sure spin it however you want to try and avoid explaining yourself, you try a bit too hard to come off as intelligent without actually saying something of value.

I won't bother you anymore your majesty try talking down to someone else
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #48
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Nope...not permitted..in MV Act

Crossing at other than crosswalk
180 When a pedestrian is crossing a highway at a point not in a crosswalk, the pedestrian must yield the right of way to a vehicle.
Zulu is right. Jay walking is - cross or walk in the street or road unlawfully or without regard for approaching traffic. So MVA does prohibit jay walking.

Crossing a street not in a crosswalk, where there are no cars to impede is not considered "jay walking". There are some jurisdictions with bylaws that prohibit people from crossing a street except in crosswalk, but you must be impeding traffic to be "jaywalking".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
Any interaction with the police is recorded in PRIME. I'm not just talking about driving records.

Jaywalking might be permitted in the BCMVA, but it's outlawed in many municipal traffic bylaws, including Nanaimo.
lol you think every traffic stop, and every time the police has a conversation with a person, it is recorded on PRIME? You are very misinformed.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:51 PM   #49
I subscribe to Revscene
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Victoria
Posts: 1,977
Thanked 185 Times in 129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
Zulu is right. Jay walking is - cross or walk in the street or road unlawfully or without regard for approaching traffic. So MVA does prohibit jay walking.

Crossing a street not in a crosswalk, where there are no cars to impede is not considered "jay walking". There are some jurisdictions with bylaws that prohibit people from crossing a street except in crosswalk, but you must be impeding traffic to be "jaywalking".
I think the generally accepted layman's interpretation of "jaywalking" is to cross at a point in the road other than at a crosswalk, regardless of whether you're impeding traffic.

So as long as there is no traffic which you are impeding, "jaywalking" is legal.
__________________
Consider reading the research before commenting on photo enforcement: http://thenewspaper.com/

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:08 PM   #50
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
I think the generally accepted layman's interpretation of "jaywalking" is to cross at a point in the road other than at a crosswalk, regardless of whether you're impeding traffic.

So as long as there is no traffic which you are impeding, "jaywalking" is legal.
too bad the "accepted layman's" term isn't the definition of jaywalking
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net