REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
kickhopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 37
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Ran a red light but kinda different

Hello, so I was driving along knight street and 33rd and I was driving North going towards kingsways. I saw that the light turned yellow and I couldn't slow down in time to stop and ended up crossing the red light maybe 2 seconds after it changed from yellow to red. The reason why I couldn't stop is because my rear brake pad are completely warn out and didn't want to slam on the brakes and damage them more. I was already planning on changing them on friday (tmr) but I didn't have time before that cause we ordered the parts and it would take a week. Is there a way to prove this? as I am changing the pads and rotor tmr will pictures help if I dispute? Also I was reading up older post and they said that if you get a red light ticket they don't give you points but I just called in and they said you do [129(1)]. I recall that before they didn't give you points because they don't if the owner or someone that is authorize, is driving. I am asking this because I am not the person that insured the car (parents )but I was driving it
Advertisement
kickhopper is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BC
Posts: 159
Thanked 225 Times in 42 Posts
Preventive maintenance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preventive_maintenance
MikeHB is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB
 
mb_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 6,859
Thanked 5,993 Times in 1,590 Posts
As the driver, it's your responsiblity to make sure the vehicle is road worthy so if that was your argument for dispute, it wouldn't stick.
__________________
FEEDBACK (9-0-0)
SPOTTED
:: FLICKR :: JOURNAL :: INSTAGRAM

2015 Scion FRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now  
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
nsx042003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 665
Thanked 612 Times in 221 Posts
try telling the judge you'd rather run the risk of t-boning someone/killing a pedestrian than to use your rear brake that you were going to be replacing anyway.

jesus..
nsx042003 is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #5
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,969
Thanked 4,954 Times in 2,166 Posts
I see a lot of "I didn't" in your post. YOU messed up, YOU made the mistake, YOU should pay the fine. And next time, fix your brakes before they're fried or stop driving it when they get too bad.

On second thought, go ahead and tell the judge what you told us, I want to see you get a VI on top of your red light ticket.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now  
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Gumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,261
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts
__________________
Do Not Put Aftershave on Your Balls. -604CEFIRO
Looks like I'm gonna have some hot sex again tonight...OOPS i got the 6 pack. that wont last me the night, I better go back and get the 24 pack! -Turbo E
kinda off topic but obama is a dilf - miss_crayon
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 03:21 PM   #7
The Brown Reason
 
BrRsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Whalley
Posts: 4,594
Thanked 5,847 Times in 1,521 Posts
Did you get a letter in the mail, or did you just see the flash? I have had this happen to me a few times where I was actually in the wrong -- I ran a red light, I saw the flashes, but got no ticket. Wait it out before you try and use the fact that you didn't maintain a safety device as a defense lol


But uhhh ... if you ordered pads and rotors, what exactly were you going to damage that you weren't going to replace anyways?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
fuck this shit, i'm out
BrRsn is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #8
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickhopper View Post
Hello, so I was driving along knight street and 33rd and I was driving North going towards kingsways. I saw that the light turned yellow and I couldn't slow down in time to stop and ended up crossing the red light maybe 2 seconds after it changed from yellow to red. The reason why I couldn't stop is because my rear brake pad are completely warn out and didn't want to slam on the brakes and damage them more. I was already planning on changing them on friday (tmr) but I didn't have time before that cause we ordered the parts and it would take a week. Is there a way to prove this? as I am changing the pads and rotor tmr will pictures help if I dispute? Also I was reading up older post and they said that if you get a red light ticket they don't give you points but I just called in and they said you do [129(1)]. I recall that before they didn't give you points because they don't if the owner or someone that is authorize, is driving. I am asking this because I am not the person that insured the car (parents )but I was driving it
so you ran a red light? The way I read that is that you crossed the intersection seconds after it had already turned red.... regardless of whether you ran the red or not, you do realize there is an offence under the MVA for failing to stop at a yellow, although the red light cameras don't activate for yellow runners.

Red light camera tickets go to the registered owner. There are no points associated. Your parents will find out since it will be mailed to them. If your brakes are in such poor condition that you cannot even safely brake in an emergency situation, get that car off the frikken road!
Spidey is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2014, 04:10 PM   #9
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,625
Thanked 7,175 Times in 2,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickhopper View Post
I was already planning on changing them on friday (tmr) but I didn't have time before that cause we ordered the parts and it would take a week.
Then you shouldn't have driven the car.

People like you are the exact reason I will welcome, with open arms, vehicle inspections. No brakes, burnt out bulbs, bald tires, leaking oil, bumpers half hanging on, broken mirrors...The list goes on and on.

Why would you even wait until the last week before getting new pads? It's not like brakes are good on one day then worn out the next, if you even look around your vehicle or pay attention to the maintenance needs once a month you would know 3 months in advance that you would need new brakes...
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 4,985
Thanked 7,916 Times in 2,059 Posts
OP is a tard.
320icar is online now  
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2014, 04:29 PM   #11
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Fafine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 3,243
Thanked 1,254 Times in 394 Posts
HAHAHA
Fafine is online now  
Old 07-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #12
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PR
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 250 Times in 128 Posts
If you had the time to see the light turn yellow and entered the intersection a second or two after it turned red, you had time to gentally apply the brakes and come to a safe stop, using next to no rear brake at all to stop (majority of your braking is handled by the front brakes). Unless you were speeding, in which case i would ask why you would knowingly speed with such little confidence in your ability to stop?

As said above, if you were planning on changing your pads and rotors tomorrow anyways, there was no need to worry about damaging either of them. Had you hit someone knowing your brakes were in such disrepair, you could be charge with a much more serious offence than a red light ticket.
__________________
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #13
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
kickhopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 37
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
I'll take full responsibility my decisions were bad and I'll make preventive checks from now on. You're all right I am a fool and should have not even driven the car. Thanks the comments good or bad. I'll close this thread, mod can delete it I am lucky to have not hurt anybody

Last edited by kickhopper; 07-17-2014 at 06:26 PM.
kickhopper is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #14
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
For a moment there I thought we had a new nomination for King Troll in the Police Forum.
zulutango is offline  
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net