REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 09-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
2014, so my stockers are just fine although the scorpions suck. I'm getting some 18s to replace the 20's so I'm thinking of 285/65/18 KO2's at the moment
Ooooh them 2014's are sexy. Yours have the appearance package as well?

Yeah the scorpions are pretty useless. They're a great on road tire for the most part, they're decent in the rain and help with fuel economy. Mine have 60k on them now and the rears slip quite badly when it's wet out. I personally love my stock 20's and have no desire to change them out. I'm also looking for a similar size tire you are 285/65/20. I'm just hoping these ko2's get a decent review because I've heard mixed things about the ko. Some people swear by them and others say they wear out quick and aren't that great in the rain and snow.
Advertisement
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:14 AM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_KB View Post
Ooooh them 2014's are sexy. Yours have the appearance package as well?

Yeah the scorpions are pretty useless. They're a great on road tire for the most part, they're decent in the rain and help with fuel economy. Mine have 60k on them now and the rears slip quite badly when it's wet out. I personally love my stock 20's and have no desire to change them out. I'm also looking for a similar size tire you are 285/65/20. I'm just hoping these ko2's get a decent review because I've heard mixed things about the ko. Some people swear by them and others say they wear out quick and aren't that great in the rain and snow.
No appearance package but pretty much every other option. I couldn't really warm up to the red piping on the seats or the decals on the side. The Black wheels were nice though!

Yeah the original KO's seem to have pretty all over the place reviews. The reason I never considered the original KO was because the snow reviews were pretty crappy and i'd like a tire I can rock all year and have it be decent in all conditions. They claim 19% better snow traction for the KO2 but that remains to be seen. I had Duratracs on my Tacoma that I used to have and they were great, and i'd definitely consider them again it's too bad they don't make a 285 size that I want.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:45 AM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Like I said, if it HAS the mountain/snowflake designation, it will almost certainly list it. May also be called a winter tire, ice tire, or snow tire (studded snows will be listed as such, too).

M+S is not a winter tire, it's an all-season.

http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/...jsp?techid=125
I've seen snowflake'd tires listed as all seasons online, so it's been a pain to have to look at high-res shots of tires to see if it's on there or not.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #29

Updating this, I ended up picking up a set of Duratracs from Canadian Tire as they've got them on sale atm, for cheaper than anywhere I could find online. For my size they were $222/tire online and $174/tire at CT, all in they would've been $970 delivered from PMC and I got them for $780 from CT.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2014, 09:51 AM   #30

Holy crap, the deal that Canadian Tire has right now on the Duratracs is amazing!!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #31

That it is, I couldn't believe I found them so cheap. I called up the local CT and they had 2 sets of my size in stock so I burned down and grabbed them right away. The deal is on til the 23rd IIRC.

Pay attention when you buy from CT though as they charged for a protection plan and a nitrogen fill by default. I left the PP since the tires were such a good deal but the nitrogen is a ripoff so I got it taken off the invoice.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
That it is, I couldn't believe I found them so cheap. I called up the local CT and they had 2 sets of my size in stock so I burned down and grabbed them right away. The deal is on til the 23rd IIRC.

Pay attention when you buy from CT though as they charged for a protection plan and a nitrogen fill by default. I left the PP since the tires were such a good deal but the nitrogen is a ripoff so I got it taken off the invoice.
Ugh. This is why I would much rather buy from Costco. Costco only charges $15/tire for installation and nitrogen fill is free along with free repair if you get a nail in or something in the tire.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #33

Normally I would too but they didn't carry the Duratrac, at least not in my size. I wonder if they'll mount my tires even though I bought them elsewhere?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-21-2014, 01:44 PM   #34

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Wow, that's an insane deal on Duratracs. I'm kinda stuck on the BFG KO2's but shit, for that price I could be tempted
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:30 PM   #35
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,577 Times in 4,294 Posts
What size is that price? I could use a spare 33 just cause..
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #36
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
my are listed as 383$ on sale lol
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:18 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
What size is that price? I could use a spare 33 just cause..
Mine are 235/75R15 but another guy was getting bigger ones that were cheaper for whatever reason (more popular size I guess). Check on the site to find out for sure, either way I think all sizes are ~$50 off.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-22-2014, 12:37 PM   #38

Quote:
Normally I would too but they didn't carry the Duratrac, at least not in my size. I wonder if they'll mount my tires even though I bought them elsewhere?
Costco might, but they're picky about that kind of thing.

So I called Cambodian Tire about the Duratracs in a 285/60/20, they don't keep them in stock. They have to special order them in and that takes X amount of time, blah blah blah. Fuck them. Called Costco and they wont have the KO2 in stock till November 1st even though the tire was made available in Canada October 1st. Also, the chick that answered the phone was a fucking ditz and had no idea what she was even talking about, fuck them as well.

Called Dales alignment in Langley, they've got a bunch of local suppliers and were able to make the 285/65/20 BFG KO2 available for me tomorrow. So now I've got the truck booked in to get the tires installed, get my 1.5" leveling kit put in and get an alignment done. They're also going to give me a courtesy car for the day because they wont have it done in time before I start work tomorrow. OH and they also offer free flat repair with the package.

+1 for Dale's alignment in Langley. Don't think I'm ever going to go anywhere else for tires again locally.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #39

Of course CT and Costco won't know or stock much, they aren't tire shops. If you want the best deals you have to do the research yourself and be willing to wait, if you just show up and want them immediately you're gonna pay a premium. How much were the KO2's in that size if you don't mind me asking?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-22-2014, 01:53 PM   #40

Quote:
Of course CT and Costco won't know or stock much, they aren't tire shops. If you want the best deals you have to do the research yourself and be willing to wait, if you just show up and want them immediately you're gonna pay a premium. How much were the KO2's in that size if you don't mind me asking?
$1800 + tax.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #41

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I was quoted $286 per tire for the KO2's at Volco Tire for 285/75/16. That is mounted and balanced. They can get them right away. I called CT and was quoted $218.99 per tire for the Duratracs. Not in stock but they can order them for me. No mounting or balancing. I can get that done next door to me for free since they will be working on my T4R anyway so I'm not concerned. It looks like there is also a mail in rebate on the Duratracs as well for $60. I think I will go for the Duratracs.

Last edited by white rocket; 10-22-2014 at 02:59 PM.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:23 PM   #42
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
To be honest I'm most excited about the new Toyo C/T. It somewhat fits the niche of the old M55 so my hope is that next year it's available in a 255/85 and it'll replace my KM2's as the everyday tire. As it stands right now sizing (forgivable as it's the first run of the tires) and most likely price (like all other toyo's) are the only downsides I can see to it. Hopefully a little more rugged than the Duratrac, doesn't look retarded like the KO2, studdable, has mountain snowflake... It hits all the checkboxes for me except for tall skinny availability.

Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:21 PM   #43

The KO2 looks retarded? lol..
Old 10-23-2014, 03:43 AM   #44
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Obviously subjective but I personally don't like the new sidewall pattern on the KO2 at all. Aesthetically not a fan and to be honest I feel like the design is still a little too desert biased to be the best option in our terrain here offroad at least. I think the KO2 is going to be quite improved in the muck over the KO's that I ran on several rigs but even still I think that the tire is a little too much of a compromise for me over the KM2's that I currently run on the 4Runner.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:20 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_KB View Post
$1800 + tax.
Duratracs on the CT sale would've been $1400 and there's a $100 MIR, that said I probably would've gone for the KO2 over the Duratrac if they bothered to offer them in my size. I'm not sure why they wouldn't as from what I can tell 235/75R15 is a really common size.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #46
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,615 Times in 574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
To be honest I'm most excited about the new Toyo C/T. It somewhat fits the niche of the old M55 so my hope is that next year it's available in a 255/85 and it'll replace my KM2's as the everyday tire. As it stands right now sizing (forgivable as it's the first run of the tires) and most likely price (like all other toyo's) are the only downsides I can see to it. Hopefully a little more rugged than the Duratrac, doesn't look retarded like the KO2, studdable, has mountain snowflake... It hits all the checkboxes for me except for tall skinny availability.

those look pretty damn good. i'll probably swap to those toyo opencountry ct's once i've burned through these goodyears.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:54 PM   #47

Quote:
Duratracs on the CT sale would've been $1400 and there's a $100 MIR, that said I probably would've gone for the KO2 over the Duratrac if they bothered to offer them in my size. I'm not sure why they wouldn't as from what I can tell 235/75R15 is a really common size.
The KO2 hasn't been rolled out in all sizes yet. From what I've been told and have read on the web, BFG is trying to get rid of whatever KO's they've got left before they start selling all the different size combo's. The KO2 is supposed to cover a very wide range of sizes, more than they have ever offered in the past.

Yes the Duratrac's with CT might have been cheaper but I really wanted to get a tire with a 65 aspect ratio. Love dat sidewall.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:00 AM   #48

Canadian Tire tests the BFG KO2 in snow and ice and gives it a rating of 100 on the ice.

http://video.canadiantire.ca/v/12707...rich-90-light/
Old 10-31-2014, 08:22 AM   #49

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,214 Posts
Let's see some pics of those KO2's on your truck!
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:39 AM   #50

http://www.revscene.net/forums/68467...ml#post8548058

in pics it looks a little stockish lol. but i dont care, i wanted to go with something not too big that didnt require too much of a lift. looks much beefier in person.

Last edited by Gucci Mane; 10-31-2014 at 10:45 AM.
This post thanked by: