REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 10-31-2014, 10:50 AM   #51
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Yeah pics make it hard to show how the tires actually look

I wish I had some beefier tires when I took the logging road to bamfield a few weeks ago. Those stock rims got some pretty big ass rock chips on there with the stock tires, they don't seem to take abuse very well.

What leveling kit did you go with? I'm thinking of doing the autospring 1.5" after I get new wheels.
Advertisement
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:07 AM   #52
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Yeah pics make it hard to show how the tires actually look

I wish I had some beefier tires when I took the logging road to bamfield a few weeks ago. Those stock rims got some pretty big ass rock chips on there with the stock tires, they don't seem to take abuse very well.

What leveling kit did you go with? I'm thinking of doing the autospring 1.5" after I get new wheels.
i went with the same one you're thinking of going with. autospring 1.5" lol. everyone on f150forum always recommends that one first because its made in murrica.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:13 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_KB View Post
i went with the same one you're thinking of going with. autospring 1.5" lol. everyone on f150forum always recommends that one first because its made in murrica.
What does dales charge for the install/alignment?
Old 10-31-2014, 11:18 AM   #54

they charged me about $200 i believe.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2014, 11:36 AM   #55
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Duratracs are now on, before I swapped them I gave the KO's a bit of a farewell beating, even with very low tread on the back they still grip very well so for anyone looking at a new set of those I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Driving on the Duratracs I'm not sure where the noise concerns come from, the Cherokee does make a bit of wind noise on the highway but the new tires are either as quiet or quieter than the old ones because I didn't hear a peep from them.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2014, 12:54 PM   #56

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
^^that's great to hear. I'm uber stoked to get my Duratracs installed. :giggity:
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:35 PM   #57
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Duratracs are now on, before I swapped them I gave the KO's a bit of a farewell beating, even with very low tread on the back they still grip very well so for anyone looking at a new set of those I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Driving on the Duratracs I'm not sure where the noise concerns come from, the Cherokee does make a bit of wind noise on the highway but the new tires are either as quiet or quieter than the old ones because I didn't hear a peep from them.
I have no idea who the people are who think Duratracs are noisy tires and what they've driven previously. I can only imagine that they have only ever driven Prii before and this is their first SUV tire. I dunno. Maybe I'm just deaf because I don't think any of the all terrain tires make much noise. My KM2's have some hum to them but there isn't a speed that my 4Runner is capable of that would make them loud enough to even start to interfere with casual conversation. 39.5 inch IROKs on a Blazer. That, is a noisy tire.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:42 AM   #58

Yeah I had Duratracs on my old Tacoma and I never once thought they were loud at all
Old 11-01-2014, 09:49 AM   #59

The weird part is from all the reviews I read about half said they were noisy as hell and half didn't say anything, I never came across anyone saying there were just a bit noisy which strikes me as odd. If I had to make a guess it might be people with smaller SUV's that normally ran on car/van tires (and are generally quieter than a truck) going to all terrains that found them to be loud and the people putting them on vehicles that are always equipped with A/T's that didn't notice anything.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 11-04-2014, 05:48 AM   #60

Knight KB have you noticed any significant gas mileage decrease since the new tires, or it feeling more sluggish now? Seems like a lot of people complaining on the forums after putting on E load tires. How's the ride comfort on them?
Old 11-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #61

Quote:
Knight KB have you noticed any significant gas mileage decrease since the new tires, or it feeling more sluggish now? Seems like a lot of people complaining on the forums after putting on E load tires. How's the ride comfort on them?
significant mileage decrease? no. i lost about 1L/100km in gas mileage. before level and tires i was getting about 16L/100km now im getting about 17.4L/100km. i've got a bit of a heavy foot also, so that doesn't help things much.

as for it being sluggish? also no. my trucks got the 3.73 rear end so i didnt really notice any loss of power like those guys on the forum like to say. it does however like to stay in 5th gear more often now though..

ride comfort is the only shitty part of this new setup. i really feel the big bumps and humps etc in the road now. but i think that has more to do with the hockey puck lift then it does with the tires.

overall though, im quite happy. i've got great tires on my truck now and i can finally go bomb around on the snow covered highways and empty fields etc in the interior. cant wait for snow fall!

one thing to add, dont forget that most of those guys on the f150 forums are old fucks. seriously. they complain about anything and everything. really have to weed out which guys are idiots and which ones actually know what they're talking about. we do drive trucks after all and they were never really meant to ride smooth like a german sedan..

Last edited by Gucci Mane; 11-04-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #62

Yeah there are a lot of whiners on there lol

The only real annoying issue I've had with mine so far is this ticking sound that seems to be coming from the rear doors now and then when I go over some bumps. I've taken both my door panels off twice now and tried some things that other people on the forums have tried but nothing that has fully fixed it. Not sure what else is back there that I haven't secured yet
Old 11-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #63

Quote:
Yeah there are a lot of whiners on there lol

The only real annoying issue I've had with mine so far is this ticking sound that seems to be coming from the rear doors now and then when I go over some bumps. I've taken both my door panels off twice now and tried some things that other people on the forums have tried but nothing that has fully fixed it. Not sure what else is back there that I haven't secured yet
mines got a few weird random creeks and rattles. they come and go.. the only major problem i've had with my truck is water leaking into the cab. the rear window had to be replaced..
Old 11-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #64

Yeah I hear the third brake like seal is still a problem for leaking as well, you'd think they'd have a better fix by now
Old 12-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #65

One last update on these, drove the Coq twice these weekend and gave no fucks with these tires, I left the Jeep in 2WD the whole time without a hitch (seriously, fuck 4WD/AWD on roads). The one time they did slip a tad was my own fault for trying to accelerate to hard up a hill, and even then it was the most controlled loss of grip I've ever had.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #66

I had Duratracs on my old tacoma and while they did fine in snow in 2WD the stability in 4WD was still leaps and bounds ahead of not using it especially with no weight in the bed
Old 12-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #67

Any truck with no weight in the rear will have problems in 2WD, hell they will in 4WD too just not quite so bad, IMO that's why it seems like trucks are always the ones in the ditch.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #68

It's pretty stable in 4WD granted you don't drive like an idiot. The people in the ditches are the ones who think 4x4 means you'll stop better too, and get to drive like it's dry out.

Either way I like to throw it in 4WD when I can just to stretch it's legs out since I'll rarely use it any other time of the year.