REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #126
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
The 'IDIOT' was in jest, no actual offense intended towards jasonturbo
Advertisement
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #127
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Considering the way he talks, more like Surrey
on an unrelated note. Why does Surrey smell funny? like when I dont' floss my teeth for a month, that's the smell in the air. really disturbing
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #128
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
RS Car Trading Club??
OT but every so often I wonder if others would be interested in something like this. Definitly only people who respect other people's property.

My thoughts are not a whole month but a long weekend or something. There are several cars I'd love to see what it feels like to drive/own for a day or two. I think it could work as long as there is a written agreement between the two parties as to what is/isn't allowed and what each party is liable for with respect to damage or the worst case scenario. For example, I'd put a "No launching, Motorsport use or driving in Richmond" clause.

I'd only be willing to do it with adults who outright own their car to begin with and you know they're not going to go speeding around town/S2S etc. Basically treat it like you are literally baby sitting someone else's 1st born.

Sure their are many complications that always make me say Nahh...but it still comes to mind every now and again.
R. Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #129
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

A couple years ago I had a 88 Camry Wagon with electronic seat belts and all! (Some of you may know what I'm talking about) 366xxx km and still running strong.
Strong enough to do this
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128435...2/15441051216/

I really hope this video link works!

Quick edit: +1 for shitty cars being awesome!
MikeHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #130
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Mutt View Post
OT but every so often I wonder if others would be interested in something like this. Definitly only people who respect other people's property.

My thoughts are not a whole month but a long weekend or something. There are several cars I'd love to see what it feels like to drive/own for a day or two. I think it could work as long as there is a written agreement between the two parties as to what is/isn't allowed and what each party is liable for with respect to damage or the worst case scenario. For example, I'd put a "No launching, Motorsport use or driving in Richmond" clause.

I'd only be willing to do it with adults who outright own their car to begin with and you know they're not going to go speeding around town/S2S etc. Basically treat it like you are literally baby sitting someone else's 1st born.

Sure their are many complications that always make me say Nahh...but it still comes to mind every now and again.

Would be incredible until you get the one jackass who spends the entire week with your car WOT from a cold start and doing 200 down the sea to sky, all while drunk.

It would be inevitable SOMETHING bad would happen...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #131
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,796 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Mutt View Post

It's definitely a long shot, but you could always try to put something together!
Criteria would be a problem.. would probably have to have a referral from 3 existing members to join or something like that..
Old 10-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #132
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
This thread is def stepping into the realm of retardation, no doubt about that lol.

Comments about BC being a shitty place to drive… ughh so wrong, it's barely policed compared to other parts of the US and Canada. Edmonton is easily the most policed city for traffic violations I have ever experienced, add to that the abundance of photo radar and red light/speed camera's… it's terrible. BC has beautiful roads and to get the cops attention you really need to be driving like a complete idiot or have terrible luck.

Comments about being a pussy for not being able to drive the GT3 hard or that it's obviously only well tailored to a race track.. well… tell that to Paul Walker who was killed on the street in a CGT by a professional race car driver.

Shark Tank… you need a reality check.

JD13, you hurt my feeling

Edit: This thread has had a significant positive impact on my thanks/fail ratio with the exception of slowguy who failed my original post. Slowguy; sleep with one eye open brah, fails are srs business in these parts.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #133
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
It's definitely a long shot, but you could always try to put something together!
Criteria would be a problem.. would probably have to have a referral from 3 existing members to join or something like that..
Hey freakshow, I most certainly feel that trading you my 2014 Toyota Corolla S is only fair for a weekend in your NSX.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #134
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
I'll trade you cars for a day dukes. Seriously though. I just want to see you reminisce about your e36 and cry though.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #135
RS Veteran

On a more serious note - All you little bitches need to shut the fuck up and just drive your cars. Who cares if it has 1200hp or 90hp? Shut up, start that car up and go get your stupid groceries from Whole Foods or Superstore and drive your mom to the doctor. Cars are meant to be driven, smashed up and then rebuilt and/or sold to the next chump who had dreamed about owning what you just destroyed.

What's worse? Taking the bus, riding a fixie in the rain or having a GT3 365 days a year? I drive my piece of shit Corolla day in and day out, I ride my bike more than it's been driven. God damn, you people make me sick.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #136
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
^

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2014, 05:49 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
On a more serious note - All you little bitches need to shut the fuck up and just drive your cars. Who cares if it has 1200hp or 90hp? Shut up, start that car up and go get your stupid groceries from Whole Foods or Superstore and drive your mom to the doctor. Cars are meant to be driven, smashed up and then rebuilt and/or sold to the next chump who had dreamed about owning what you just destroyed.

What's worse? Taking the bus, riding a fixie in the rain or having a GT3 365 days a year? I drive my piece of shit Corolla day in and day out, I ride my bike more than it's been driven. God damn, you people make me sick.
I don't expect you to understand, my issues are far to basic in comparison to the complex hipster problems you face on the reg.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #138
RS Veteran

haha you got me there jasonturbo

Corollas FTW!

Old 10-06-2014, 05:57 PM   #139
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Hipsterproblems ask dukes
Old 10-06-2014, 05:58 PM   #140

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
just curious though, what is your purpose with all these cars? are they all just daily point A - B fun or autox / drift / track / rally / time attack / race? you have a neat little review under each car which is really cool for someone who's in the market for any of them for daily, but no reviews of how they did at the track after mods vs stock and so on
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:03 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by duy- View Post
just curious though, what is your purpose with all these cars? are they all just daily point A - B fun or autox / drift / track / rally / time attack / race? you have a neat little review under each car which is really cool for someone who's in the market for any of them for daily, but no reviews of how they did at the track after mods vs stock and so on
I use them solely for hooning, pure, unadulterated hooning.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #142

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
sounds like you just picked up a car for the wrong purpose then, not a big deal. i wore jeans and dress shoes to do the grouse grind once... didnt enjoy it.

for "hooning" anything RWD is awesome lol, off the top of my head
ae86
s13
s14
mustang fox body
cressida
supra
etc...
but im biased to having fun. at the stock form all those cars are way more fun because their handling limit is so low, like someone already stated... its more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. try some of the cars youve owned on the track at least once, it'll really make you appreciate them. otherwise it seems like you get caught up in hype because of car reviews and fall into the typical spiral.
1. buy car
2. more loar
3. more parts
4. take pictures
5. fun....??????
6. sell car
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #143
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,402 Times in 858 Posts
Hey westopher, I'll trade cars with you for a day. Srs. Always wanted an E36 M3 and I know you like them aircools...
Old 10-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #144
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
the "lets trade our rides for a day thread"

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:11 PM   #145

Thanked 1,859 Times in 254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'll trade you cars for a day dukes. Seriously though. I just want to see you reminisce about your e36 and cry though.
RS Car trade club? We could all swap and go for a cruise together lol, I know a bunch of mainlanders who swap exotics n sports car all the time. Pretty fun, almost as good as girl swapping
JoshuaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #146
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Not to mention the roads [in Vancouver] aren't beat to shit.
True.

In Calgary for example, POT HOLES, and this is in the Downtown core and around Downtown.

I think the winter temperatures and snow in Central and Eastern Canada really puts a toll on the roads.

But, Vancouver, it is nice weather for the majority of the months, so the roads are much better.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
Hey westopher, I'll trade cars with you for a day. Srs. Always wanted an E36 M3 and I know you like them aircools...
If your serious name a day and lets do it! We can take the cars up cypress, swap out and get some photos in the process.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #148
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
Lets be real, you don't own a car, and you have not really driven one I am assuming. You are also unaware of the decent roads BC offers it seems like. There are loads of decent roads and drives within an hour and less out of Vancouver. Get out of Richmond often...
Fixed
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #149
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
wtf west , i dont get an invite.

fkuguy
Old 10-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #150

Lol someone linked this thread to TCL to presumably have a bunch of bitter 35 year olds talk about how either "jasonturbo isnt a real car enthusiast because he doesn't like gt3s" or "Jason is too much of a pussy to drive a gt3" or how their leased 2015 civic is "more geared to car enthusiasts than a gt3"
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by: