REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-30-2014, 04:01 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Cheapest Insurance?

I just got a Mazda 6 and was able to take advantage of the 0% lease interest rate.

now... here is an extra cost arise from that...

I usually buy the car instead of leasing and financing, and I do not believe in insurance on my own car, i.e. insurance to fix your car when you are at fault. So I usually would just take the ICBC insurance that is required to get on the road.

However, now because I am leasing the car, I have to buy insurance to cover the car, and the insurance deductable can't be over 2000 CAD.

I am wondering which insurance company do you guys go for cheapest insurance? I don't mind paying high deductable (but <2000CAD). I just want the lowest cost possible...

Thanks in advance!!
Advertisement
iambeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Old 10-30-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Why don't you just ride a bicycle instead? Fuck insurance. Shit is mainstream and overrated.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2014, 04:11 PM   #4
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
why dont you just drive with no insurance like you like to according to this thread

http://www.revscene.net/forums/61908...rohibited.html

Or why doesnt someone ban this fucking idiot
Old 10-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #5
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
this is epic.
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #6
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
iambeetle = bcrdukes
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:58 PM   #7
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
what's a few extra dollars a month on insurance since you are leasing a car anyways?

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:02 PM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

if you have less than 10 years of driving experience and have less than 43% discount with ICBC then you are pretty much hooped. Private insurance charges an arm and a leg if you don't have experience and bad driving history. Though try calling CDI or going to their website to get a quote. they are usually the cheapest.

so wait, you wanted a new car and thought insurnace will be cheap?!

my crapbucket

*ding* *ding* *ding* ...breast milk...you make my day-ee-yay!
evil_jigglypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:07 PM   #9
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
what's a few extra dollars a month on insurance since you are leasing a car anyways?
Cause every penny counts.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:29 PM   #10

Thanks evil_jigglypuff for your suggestion! I will give it a try.

And to those whom troll without any contribution, I hope you had fun. Althought I don't understand why you want to waste your time on this matter.

And for those who doesn't know why I would want to do that, let me give you my example. Just my opinion though, I could be wrong:

First of all let me give some background info, I have almost 10 years driving experience, no accident from day 1. And I believe I am one step away from maximum discount.

And I had insurance to cover my car before (maybe about 6 years ago), I had an Audi A4, bought used. With insurance to cover the car, I would need to pay around 3000 annually. And without insurance to cover the car, I would need to pay only 1000. So for one year that I don't get into accident, I basically save 2000 dollar. Now, with 9 years of driving without accident, if I hadn't purchase insurance to cover the car, I would have saved 18000 dollar. I think "every penny counts" is an under-estimation.

Hypothetically speaking, if I get into an accident at fault. I would not want to claim ICBC either. Because with the increased premium I would need to pay, it works like a payment plan, with interest. The future money that you don't save, is the money you lose. So I would fix the car at my own cost, because I do not need to "finance" a repair, which is what ICBC insurance is anyways.

I didn't want to lease the car, I wanted to buy it out. But since there is 0% of interest, I could utilize it to invest before I need to put down more to own the car. I can benefit from the Time Value of the Money. If I need to pay a very high insurance, then it kinda defeats the purpose.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am looking for help here. Any contribution would be greatly appreciated! I am nowhere near rich, and I don't think anyone should spend anything more than it should cost. That's fair, right?

Last edited by iambeetle; 10-30-2014 at 05:38 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2014, 05:42 PM   #11
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
You don't really have a choice in insurance policies unless you want optional coverage (ie: collision, comprehensive, etc). And even then you're looking at very little difference regardless of if you go with Coast Capital or BCAA.

However, if you get into an accident, it doesn't really matter if you claim or not. The other party likely will and your premiums will go up anyway, unless you opt to pay for repairs out of your own pocket. Most leasing companies require full coverage of your car, though. If you cheap out and they find out about it, you may not be covered for an incident even if it wasn't your fault.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2014, 06:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambeetle View Post
First of all let me give some background info, I have almost 10 years driving experience, no accident from day 1. And I believe I am one step away from maximum discount.

And I had insurance to cover my car before (maybe about 6 years ago), I had an Audi A4, bought used. With insurance to cover the car, I would need to pay around 3000 annually. And without insurance to cover the car, I would need to pay only 1000. So for one year that I don't get into accident, I basically save 2000 dollar. Now, with 9 years of driving without accident, if I hadn't purchase insurance to cover the car, I would have saved 18000 dollar. I think "every penny counts" is an under-estimation.

Hypothetically speaking, if I get into an accident at fault. I would not want to claim ICBC either. Because with the increased premium I would need to pay, it works like a payment plan, with interest. The future money that you don't save, is the money you lose. So I would fix the car at my own cost, because I do not need to "finance" a repair, which is what ICBC insurance is anyways.
1. At 9 years accident free, you're 11 years from max discount.

2. In the 9 years that your discount has been going up, your premiums would've dropped annually - so no, you haven't saved $18k.

3. If you got into an at-fault accident, you're premiums would increase, regardless of if you have collision coverage because insurance would still have to pay for the other party(s) damage. Of course, you could avoid the increase if you pay for it out of pocket but writing off any newer car is going to cost at least $20k - and that's just property - add an injury claim and there's no way you're paying it back.

And hypothetically speaking, as you put it, you don't have to get collision/comprehensive on your lease. You get into an at-fault accident tomorrow and your new car gets written off. You're saying you'd rather pay the >$25k+tax, out of pocket and still have your premiums go up?

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 10-30-2014 at 06:18 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #13
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
again just LOL
Old 10-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #14
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Thanked 1,127 Times in 134 Posts
bicboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #15

I'm curious as to how much 3rd party coverage OP would get if he had the choice.

RSUV #7
Old 10-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #16
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,819 Times in 2,505 Posts
i'm reminded of that episode of the simpsons where there was a hurricane and ned flanders didn't buy home insurance because he considered it a form of gambling and his home got destroyed.

now that i got the 'troll' comment out of the way, here's the 'contribution'. can't you walk in to any third party insurance place like johnston meier and get them to go through their list of insurance companies to find the cheapest third party insurance? that's what place like that do for home insurance so I don't see why private vehicle insurance be any different.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #17
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Insurance is a lie and a waste of my time
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #18
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Insurance is a lie and a waste of my time
Spoken like a true hipster.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #19
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight604 View Post
again just LOL
Could you grow the fuck up? You sound 12 in every post of yours.
c4@urdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
I'm curious as to how much 3rd party coverage OP would get if he had the choice.
I am not cheap on 3rd party, I got 3 million for that.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
1. At 9 years accident free, you're 11 years from max discount.

2. In the 9 years that your discount has been going up, your premiums would've dropped annually - so no, you haven't saved $18k.

3. If you got into an at-fault accident, you're premiums would increase, regardless of if you have collision coverage because insurance would still have to pay for the other party(s) damage. Of course, you could avoid the increase if you pay for it out of pocket but writing off any newer car is going to cost at least $20k - and that's just property - add an injury claim and there's no way you're paying it back.

And hypothetically speaking, as you put it, you don't have to get collision/comprehensive on your lease. You get into an at-fault accident tomorrow and your new car gets written off. You're saying you'd rather pay the >$25k+tax, out of pocket and still have your premiums go up?
Thanks a lot for correcting me. There are some good points you are making.

I guess I used a wrong example, I should give the example of my car went into a ditch or something. If my car is written-off and I pay out of my pocket, it does not affect my premium I assume? Also other things like scratched my car and stuff. Please correct me if I am wrong.

My premium should be dropping annually, but would it be that far off though? There is still quite a bit of saving, if you ask me. If I think I drive safe and therefore can reduce the chance, why should I pay at average premium for insurance?

I am sorry that I get kinda off-topic on this. The reality is, I didn't expect to pay insurance, and now I have to, so I am just looking for the cheapest option that covers the minimum requirement, with $2000 deductible.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #22
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,823 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4@urdoor View Post
Could you grow the fuck up? You sound 12 in every post of yours.

http://www.dolcegabbana.com/dgfamily/

Spoiler!
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:43 PM   #23
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iambeetle View Post
I am sorry that I get kinda off-topic on this. The reality is, I didn't expect to pay insurance, and now I have to, so I am just looking for the cheapest option that covers the minimum requirement, with $2000 deductible.
Either you're trolling us or you're asking the question incorrectly.

Are you talking about car insurance that you buy through ICBC in order to legally drive the car on the road, or are you trying to ask about another type of insurance coverage?
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Either you're trolling us or you're asking the question incorrectly.

Are you talking about car insurance that you buy through ICBC in order to legally drive the car on the road, or are you trying to ask about another type of insurance coverage?
I don't think I can get use another insurance other than ICBC for liability insurance, i.e. the one for legally driving on the road.

I am only asking about the insurance to cover damage to the car, the lease company requires that. However, if I buy the car out with cash, it is not required.

I don't know what do you mean by I am trolling, I am not... I am seriously asking for suggestions.

(I was apologizing for being off-topic because I was writing in length about why I don't believe in insurance.)
Old 10-31-2014, 12:03 AM   #25
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
IIRC most of the cost of insurance comes from covering you against hitting other people, so reducing the coverage that covers you if you have a single vehicle accident won't change the cost much if at all.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote