REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Miscellaneous Tech & Tools

Miscellaneous Tech & Tools THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Got an ATV or snowmobile you need to fix? Or are you wondering what the hell a crowfoot socket is for? Come on in and ask away!

Old 01-19-2015, 08:18 AM   #51
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
Wurth is really good for ratchets too comparable to snap on and cheaper... I gave one to a customer by accident by leaving it in their van
Advertisement
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:26 PM   #52
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Any good deals on a cordless impact? Looking for one to loosen the lug nuts only.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #53
RS controls my life!

Best bang for the buck with quality IMO.

Milwaukee, M18 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 1/2 in. Cordless High Torque Impact Wrench, 2662-22 at The Home Depot - Tablet
hopalong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2015, 03:05 AM   #54
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
I've got the Fuel version of that (brushless motor) and damn, it is so powerful. 1100 ft-lbs of nut busting torque in reverse.

Home depot will match and beat the price by 10%. On-line, as well. Visit milwaukee canada's website and look up the tool you want. Click on buy on-line and look for the best deal. Go to Home Depot and they will beat that price by 10%.

I purchased my impact wrench when Jean Claude Cayer, an on-line dealer. They made a huge mistake in their pricing a few months ago. I bought the full kit at close to the "Tool Only" price. The kit came with case, tool, charger, and two 4.0 mAH batteries. They've since corrected the price, BTW. The impact wrench is overkill for me, but the price was too good to pass up. So much for air tools - they are now collecting dust, as I've gone cordless. All Milwaukee - total fan boy.

I've noticed Milwaukee non-fuel cordless tools going on sale a lot these days. Get ads from places like KMS Tools, Summit, BC Fasteners, HD Supply Brafasco, etc. and look for the best price and then take it to Home Depot for the price match.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2015, 05:03 PM   #55
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I found KMS tools are great if you say you are a student and are looking to get multiple things or are buying multiple with friends.. They usually sell it at a loss
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:12 PM   #56
MG1

Don't think at a loss........ their price match policy is, if it's below cost, they won't do it. They will make it sound like it's below their cost, but unless it is a clearance item, they won't go below their actual cost. I've got an account there and I get a pretty good discount, but cost? Never. Home Depot on the other hand, they don't give a flying fig. Mind you, Home Depot's cost is way lower than what KMS gets stuff for.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:26 PM   #57
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Don't think at a loss........ their price match policy is, if it's below cost, they won't do it. They will make it sound like it's below their cost, but unless it is a clearance item, they won't go below their actual cost. I've got an account there and I get a pretty good discount, but cost? Never. Home Depot on the other hand, they don't give a flying fig. Mind you, Home Depot's cost is way lower than what KMS gets stuff for.
I actually work at KMS Tools, and I have to agree with you on this one, because Home Depot is more of a "big box" store, they can order in higher quantities which ultimately drops their price. Mind you, when we do our three day sales every month, the items that are on special can get very very close to cost, and are often better than home depot's sale prices.
Gregboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #58

Also, you said you have the Milwaukee Fuel, so first off, Good on you!
Second, be warned that their have been a lot of issues with the electronics inside them (they have a computer as opposed to being a simple switch like the brushed ones) and we have seen a lot come in (I work in the service department). Milwaukee doesnt put enough conformal coating on the circuit boards from the factory, so either getting it wet or having it out in highly humid conditions can cause it to fail. If you have any issues you've got a 5 year warranty so dont hesitate to bring it to us, we will replace teh electronics and spray an extra layer of coating on the circuit board. The first signs of failure are a delay when pulling the trigger, or having just the LED light turn on.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #59
MG1

Wow, good to know. thanks again

This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2015, 06:25 PM   #60

No problem man, any issues with tools feel free to come by. And if you have any questions about quality or common issues feel free to pm me.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2015, 09:02 AM   #61

https://www.kmstools.com/eflyer/

Hey guys, this month is powertools month, so the deals are pretty good.

Especially today because its the last day of this months 3 day sale!

If you guys are looking for new tools or just want to question some of the Reps from the major brands (Makita, Bosch, Milwaukee...etc.) todays the day to swing by

If any of you make it in swing by the Service department and say your from Revscene!
Old 03-14-2015, 09:57 AM   #62
MG1

Yup, I must admit, there are some good deals to be had. Picked up the M-12 rotary tool and ordered the 18 volt Hackzall, since you guys were out of stock.

This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2015, 08:02 PM   #63
RS controls my life!

Thanked 4,186 Times in 392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregboat View Post
Also, you said you have the Milwaukee Fuel, so first off, Good on you!
Second, be warned that their have been a lot of issues with the electronics inside them (they have a computer as opposed to being a simple switch like the brushed ones) and we have seen a lot come in (I work in the service department). Milwaukee doesnt put enough conformal coating on the circuit boards from the factory, so either getting it wet or having it out in highly humid conditions can cause it to fail. If you have any issues you've got a 5 year warranty so dont hesitate to bring it to us, we will replace teh electronics and spray an extra layer of coating on the circuit board. The first signs of failure are a delay when pulling the trigger, or having just the LED light turn on.
Wait there's a 5year warranty on milwaukee power tool? mine just recently failed on me. Bought it from kms tool 2-3years ago

1989Toyota Supra-Garage Queen
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs- R.I.P
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX wagon- work in progess
tee-tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:18 PM   #64
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Looking for the Milwaukee 3/8 electric ratchet to go on sale.. $150 for a bare tool is a little more than i would like to pay
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:54 PM   #65
MG1

^ $99.99 at a few places for tool only. A kit with tool, battery, charger, and soft case goes for $160.00 range. Go to Milwaukee website and go to where to buy on-line link.

Then show Home Depot the price to get extra 10% off of that price.

This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2015, 06:52 PM   #66

Thank you, this is a first i've seen a 'find online/local' link actually be useful . I read the guidelines for price matching on home depot-- it says online price matching is not allowed (Im assuming pricematching has to be done in the store since I dont see a section anywhere online)? If i have time this week i'll probably print out one of the websites and try walking in.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:42 PM   #67
MG1

Yes, the store will price match as long as competitor website is up, legit, and item is in stock. Go during the day when it is busy. The last price match I got was so low, the manager refused to honour the 10% off policy. She told me it was below their cost and that ****** was famous for not having items in stock (she was right with this particular item). Anyway, she was obviously banking on the fact that I would just crumble and accept the matching of the price. She then said, "Is ****** open? If they are and they have it in stock I can give you the 10% off." Yeah, right. Woman, you is talking to a frugal asian! I went back to another location the next day. Guess what? No questions asked.

Another time, one of the managers said, "Where's BC Fasteners? Never heard of them." LOL. The locations are listed on the website.

Milwaukee Hole Saw Kit was $159.00 at Home Depot. By the time I pulled out the Amex card, I paid $79.00 after taxes.

This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2015, 07:45 PM   #68
MG1

One more thing I forgot to menton, most Home Depots are poorly stocked. I find the Terminal Avenue branch in Vancouver has the best selection. There were a couple of items that were supposed to be "on-line only" on their website, but saw them at this location.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:28 PM   #69

I went in and try my luck and got denied. The item is only available for online sale and said they are not able to match it since it's not physically in their store.. Damn. I'll likely purchase it from another online store listed by Milwaukee
Old 03-25-2015, 09:19 AM   #70
MG1

^you talking about this one?

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004...450_em_1p_0_lm

Old 03-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #71

M12? Cordless 3/8" Lithium-Ion Ratchet Kit | Milwaukee Tool

Nope this guy here
Old 03-26-2015, 12:00 PM   #72
MG1

Milwaukee 2457-21 M12? Cordless 3/8" Lithium-Ion Ratchet Kit - JCCayer.com

$129.00 - damn good price for the kit. With shipping and taxes, it comes out to $157.93 CAD

I got my Milwaukee 18 volt 1/2 inch Fuel heavy duty impact gun kit from these guys - they are legit. 1100 ft/lbs of torque madness.

If you can find the ratchet kit at a home depot, you're good to go. Get that 10% off, plus save shipping!

Another RS member told me that the Port Coquitlam location has a good selection of Milwaukee tools.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #73
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Milwaukee 2457-21 M12? Cordless 3/8" Lithium-Ion Ratchet Kit - JCCayer.com

$129.00 - damn good price for the kit. With shipping and taxes, it comes out to $157.93 CAD

I got my Milwaukee 18 volt 1/2 inch Fuel heavy duty impact gun kit from these guys - they are legit. 1100 ft/lbs of torque madness.

If you can find the ratchet kit at a home depot, you're good to go. Get that 10% off, plus save shipping!

Another RS member told me that the Port Coquitlam location has a good selection of Milwaukee tools.

I saw the Milwaukee set at the Bridgeport Home depot incase anyone wants to know
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:33 PM   #74
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
I have that M12 3/8 ratchet and use it all the time. Picked it up for $119USD from Milwaukee Tools | Milwaukee Power Tools | CPOMilwaukee.com when they had a sale - Free shipping and free second battery.

Now that I have 2 M12 batteries, I'm looking at getting the M12 Fuel 3/8 impact tool only, just haven't been able to find a deal yet.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:49 PM   #75

Was putting it on the backburner for awhile since I just bought myself a new vehicle but then..

Was at the Lordco tradeshow and ended up spotting that ratchet for $120 bare tool.. my coworkers knew i've been looking for one forever so they decided to buy me it for as an early birthday present

already have some batteries so im real happy. I have some great friends