REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2014, 12:13 AM   #26
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,452
Thanked 2,665 Times in 960 Posts
RS is like a drunk wearing a tank top picking fights with people in bars
Advertisement
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 04:53 PM   #27
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene
 
$_$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Space
Posts: 1,919
Thanked 560 Times in 172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
I think for anyone who has to make their own fortune, the lifestyle of these kids live looks unbelievable. However, although their lifestyles are luxurious, they are always going to be their parent's bitch. Would you like someone telling you what to study? Who your gf/wife should be? Who your buddies should be? Asian parents give their kids tons of money to control them and to show off. Always pros and cons
You are always going to be someone's bitch though - aren't you your boss' bitch? Aren't you your landlord's bitch? Aren't you your governments bitch? Aren't you (in some ways) your wife's/husband's bitch? Everyone is life's bitch. Human experience is a relative. They go through happiness and pain just the same as you. When something happens in their life that does not go their way they experience suffering just the same. Whatever pain they are suffering, it might seem trivial to you, but from their perspective that is the worst suffering that they have to experience - can you say that their suffering is less than yours?

That's why I don't get all the haters. The parent's of these kids just want what's best for their kids, just like any parents. You buy the most organic milk and cereal for your kids, send them to sport teams and camps, Chinese parents buy them the highest end sports car to see that smile on their faces. Where's the fault in that? Just enjoy the cars and stop hating.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 05:13 PM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS
 
trancehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,362
Thanked 742 Times in 363 Posts
jesus christ

if they are rich, they are rich

just another path in life. and u can transcend or descend paths at any given moment
__________________
Quote:

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,210
Thanked 1,410 Times in 521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
You are always going to be someone's bitch though - aren't you your boss' bitch? Aren't you your landlord's bitch? Aren't you your governments bitch? Aren't you (in some ways) your wife's/husband's bitch? Everyone is life's bitch. Human experience is a relative. They go through happiness and pain just the same as you. When something happens in their life that does not go their way they experience suffering just the same. Whatever pain they are suffering, it might seem trivial to you, but from their perspective that is the worst suffering that they have to experience - can you say that their suffering is less than yours?

That's why I don't get all the haters. The parent's of these kids just want what's best for their kids, just like any parents. You buy the most organic milk and cereal for your kids, send them to sport teams and camps, Chinese parents buy them the highest end sports car to see that smile on their faces. Where's the fault in that? Just enjoy the cars and stop hating.
Who's jelly? I am my wife's and son's bitch, because I want to be. I actually feel bad for these kids because they are going to be so unprepared for life. If their parents really cared for them instead of controlling them, maybe they would want to live as a family and actually play a role in their kids life vs giving them money out of guilt?
__________________
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #30
F**K YOUR HEAD
 
ilvtofu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,693
Thanked 7,968 Times in 1,234 Posts
I'm not a native mandarin speaker but man the 'translation' of the caption at 1:55 is not even close to what the guy/interviewer said...
__________________
Miata
Fiesta
Feedback

FOR SALE
Miata Shock Tower Brace
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:50 PM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: not vancouver
Posts: 2,647
Thanked 1,938 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
Who's jelly? I am my wife's and son's bitch, because I want to be. I actually feel bad for these kids because they are going to be so unprepared for life. If their parents really cared for them instead of controlling them, maybe they would want to live as a family and actually play a role in their kids life vs giving them money out of guilt?
First ever posT of urs I've agreed with.

I don't envy these ppl at all. They desire what I think are the wrong things in life, and associate with what I see as an undesirable crowd (there are plenty of these fake ppl in Van, too)

I find as one grows up, one's car becomes much less important, it's great as a hobby, but these guys aren't hobbyists, they're showing off.

And, no, not jelly. I am so happy with my money/career situation.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 10:50 PM   #32
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene
 
$_$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Space
Posts: 1,919
Thanked 560 Times in 172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
Who's jelly? I am my wife's and son's bitch, because I want to be. I actually feel bad for these kids because they are going to be so unprepared for life. If their parents really cared for them instead of controlling them, maybe they would want to live as a family and actually play a role in their kids life vs giving them money out of guilt?
I don't understand what you are saying - they are their parent's bitch by choice too. They can go out and get a normal job, but they choose not to. So why or who are you to judge that's not okay? And how do you know that their parent's don't care about them or that they don't play a role in their kid's lives and just giving them money out of guilt? Where are you getting this information from? How are you making these inferences? Again, it seems to me like a lot of you guys just like to make assumptions out of your ass because you see these guys driving around on the streets or know a friend who knows a friend who knows a friend. Every single family is different.

Maybe them and their family hang out and eat every day. Maybe they take week long vacations 4 times a year in different countries and just bond together? How would you know just because they drive ferraris and lambos?

So seriously, stop hating just because they are young and rich.

Let's just be happy that they seem to be happy. And if you are happy with your current life, I'm happy for you too. Wouldn't that be a much harmonious way to think?

Sometimes, I find the people in our society tend to live vicariously through finding the negativity of every situation in order to make their own lives seem more fulfilling. I feel that for a lot of people by doing that, they can justify where they are at in their lives even if there are things they think they can do better but are putting off doing. By "hating", it gives them a chance to say "well my life is better because of x". This can be found throughout our news and entertainment, where people tend to have huge responses and reactions to things they don't like. The only reason I'm responding to you guys is because I wish maybe one day we don't have to live that way anymore. Where we can just be happy for each other and appreciate everyone's position and encourage people to be better versions of themselves, instead of trying to put others down for your own self advancement.

Last edited by $_$; 11-22-2014 at 10:59 PM.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-23-2014, 12:15 AM   #33
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene
 
$_$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Space
Posts: 1,919
Thanked 560 Times in 172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
First ever posT of urs I've agreed with.

I don't envy these ppl at all. They desire what I think are the wrong things in life, and associate with what I see as an undesirable crowd (there are plenty of these fake ppl in Van, too)

I find as one grows up, one's car becomes much less important, it's great as a hobby, but these guys aren't hobbyists, they're showing off.

And, no, not jelly. I am so happy with my money/career situation.
Again, how do you know? How do you know that these guys don't enjoy the car the same way you do when you step into one of these things? How do you know that when they fire up that engine or drive down the highway they don't appreciate the car the same you would have? The video is literally about kids hanging out together because they like the same thing - and your trying to say that "they aren't hobbyists, but you are? The truth of the matter is you have no idea about who these kids are or how they think - you assume and you hate and you talk down towards them because it makes you feel better to have a negative attitude towards them, because inside you don't think they deserve those cars. But why you gotta judge them like that? Why you gotta be that way? They like cars. You like cars. Smile and feel happy for them because they are having a good time with their hobby, instead of just hating.

Last edited by $_$; 11-23-2014 at 12:35 AM.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-23-2014, 07:42 AM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: not vancouver
Posts: 2,647
Thanked 1,938 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
Again, how do you know? How do you know that these guys don't enjoy the car the same way you do when you step into one of these things? How do you know that when they fire up that engine or drive down the highway they don't appreciate the car the same you would have? The video is literally about kids hanging out together because they like the same thing - and your trying to say that "they aren't hobbyists, but you are? The truth of the matter is you have no idea about who these kids are or how they think - you assume and you hate and you talk down towards them because it makes you feel better to have a negative attitude towards them, because inside you don't think they deserve those cars. But why you gotta judge them like that? Why you gotta be that way? They like cars. You like cars. Smile and feel happy for them because they are having a good time with their hobby, instead of just hating.
I swear I didn't say any of what u think I said. I don't even think I said I like cars (I kinda do, I appreciate a nice Porsche here and there, but life has moved on for me)

Why u gotta butt hump and defend these kids to the death?
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #35
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,210
Thanked 1,410 Times in 521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
Again, how do you know? How do you know that these guys don't enjoy the car the same way you do when you step into one of these things? How do you know that when they fire up that engine or drive down the highway they don't appreciate the car the same you would have? The video is literally about kids hanging out together because they like the same thing - and your trying to say that "they aren't hobbyists, but you are? The truth of the matter is you have no idea about who these kids are or how they think - you assume and you hate and you talk down towards them because it makes you feel better to have a negative attitude towards them, because inside you don't think they deserve those cars. But why you gotta judge them like that? Why you gotta be that way? They like cars. You like cars. Smile and feel happy for them because they are having a good time with their hobby, instead of just hating.
You are a knob man that just doesn't get it. There is no pt debating anymore with you.
__________________
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #36
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene
 
$_$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Space
Posts: 1,919
Thanked 560 Times in 172 Posts
Lol okay. Just trying to promote positive thinking and attitudes. That's all.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #37
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: YYZ / YUL
Posts: 24,828
Thanked 6,596 Times in 2,598 Posts
I'm not sure I would liken your posts as "positive thinking" but more so along the lines of acceptance and tolerance.

We're all born into this world into all sorts of different circumstances so I don't feel that it's necessary to really judge against.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy
Fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #38
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
bicboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Above&Beyond
Posts: 357
Thanked 1,127 Times in 134 Posts
The values of the cars they post is way off. $188k for a 2014 Bentley CGT? More like north of $250 000 and Aventador is not $390k.....
bicboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #39
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 479
Thanked 18 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicboi View Post
The values of the cars they post is way off. $188k for a 2014 Bentley CGT? More like north of $250 000 and Aventador is not $390k.....
It's probably cheaper in the states
SilverT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #40
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
hud 91gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,649
Thanked 2,048 Times in 812 Posts
Haha. Good for them. Maybe they don't know the real value of a dollar, so they may be silly enough to let me drive one one day I'm pretty happy that i'm content with me <10k beaters. ha
__________________
Crush - 1971 Datsun 240z - Build Thread
The Daily - A Boring Honda
hud 91gt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:05 PM   #41
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
geeknerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,055
Thanked 388 Times in 166 Posts
The ignorance in this thread is amazing.

Having unlimited funds at a young age does not make them unprepared for life.

That one guy said he graduated Boston U and is now going to gradschool and a revscener is dissing him on the basis that he might end up in McDonalds? yeah right.

Maybe they don't know how to enjoy hunting, fishing, snowmobiling but you know what they can do? europe, hawaii, mexico, vacations, beaches, charter flights, helicopters, every break or even just on a weekend whenever they want to. I bet driving a lambo can produce as much enjoyment as a snowmobile. Go to China or even in Vancouver and see how many non-rich people enjoy hunting, fishing, etc, does that make them any less?

Regardless, I know plenty of rich people who know how to enjoy nature and other experiences especially in Vancouver.

Their parents bitch? Yeah some are but at least they aren't society's bitch. How many non rich kids are in school cuz they need a degree to get a job vs. doing something that they are really passionate about. At least these guys have the money to pursue their hobbies alongside with being parents bitch.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #42
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 79
Thanked 289 Times in 36 Posts
drunkhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2014, 08:55 AM   #43
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: work
Posts: 1,408
Thanked 929 Times in 329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by riff raff View Post
Wish I was a child of a corrupt Chinese politician...
Well then you would most likely have a small dick too then.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #44
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,452
Thanked 2,665 Times in 960 Posts
It is harder to get laid as a nerd with money than as a broke cool guy, women will also shit test you a lot more when you have more to lose
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #45
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,210
Thanked 1,410 Times in 521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
The ignorance in this thread is amazing.

Having unlimited funds at a young age does not make them unprepared for life.

That one guy said he graduated Boston U and is now going to gradschool and a revscener is dissing him on the basis that he might end up in McDonalds? yeah right.

Maybe they don't know how to enjoy hunting, fishing, snowmobiling but you know what they can do? europe, hawaii, mexico, vacations, beaches, charter flights, helicopters, every break or even just on a weekend whenever they want to. I bet driving a lambo can produce as much enjoyment as a snowmobile. Go to China or even in Vancouver and see how many non-rich people enjoy hunting, fishing, etc, does that make them any less?

Regardless, I know plenty of rich people who know how to enjoy nature and other experiences especially in Vancouver.

Their parents bitch? Yeah some are but at least they aren't society's bitch. How many non rich kids are in school cuz they need a degree to get a job vs. doing something that they are really passionate about. At least these guys have the money to pursue their hobbies alongside with being parents bitch.
I think the igorance starts with you. You ever heard of the saying' give someone a fish, he can eat for a day, teach someone how to fish, he can eat forever". Same with life, I worked my ass off to get ahead financially ahead, especially when I was a poor ass student in University working 2 jobs and going to school. Getting older, you really appreciate the journey more so than the end goal. A large part of my personal happiness is because I did it myself Vs getting it handed to me. 4444, would you agree? When my son turns 16, he's not getting some fancy car, he's getting whatever he can save for and I will double it (same thing my dad did to me). I love watching my son taking out the garbage, raking leaves, and generally working hard to get a car in the distant future .
__________________
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2014, 12:13 PM   #46
RS controls my life!
 
Godzira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Victoria
Posts: 770
Thanked 1,244 Times in 274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
ws6ta grew up silver spoon

I was homeless as a teenager

I always say people can't shit talk people financially or socially above them because the standard reply is: "jealousy much?"

The fact that someone who shows off wealth had his shit stolen is funny as fuck, I hope those crackheads got a few good ear ringers from the rock they smoked from selling the gaudy 500k engagement ring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
If you knew that there was no way you could ever be poor, how would you live?


It feels amazing. It is why I think in Canada we should have a minimum national income!


Having the time and money to do what you want pretty much when you want is an amazing way to live, I know from experience! It feels incredible to not have any set schedule, where you have no fears of your rent coming up, or car payment, or that you have to be at work at a certain time. You just live and money comes to you, you might have to do a little work for 5 mins a day, then still get like 10k a month. It is a crazy fucking experience and until you've had that level of freedom, it is hard to understand.

Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #47
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,361
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
I think the igorance starts with you. You ever heard of the saying' give someone a fish, he can eat for a day, teach someone how to fish, he can eat forever". Same with life, I worked my ass off to get ahead financially ahead, especially when I was a poor ass student in University working 2 jobs and going to school. Getting older, you really appreciate the journey more so than the end goal. A large part of my personal happiness is because I did it myself Vs getting it handed to me. 4444, would you agree? When my son turns 16, he's not getting some fancy car, he's getting whatever he can save for and I will double it (same thing my dad did to me). I love watching my son taking out the garbage, raking leaves, and generally working hard to get a car in the distant future .
you're just speaking from ego. you're just constantly trying to justify your "working your ass off" as somehow making you better.

but in reality it doesn't matter.

i know plenty of rich kids i thought were just gonna grow up to be retards that just only know how to spend money. but people grow up, they get old and have kids, and they take over companies and all that other crap... and i also know plenty of "hardworking people" that come from a lower class, and they've always worked hard. and still do, but they're still going no where. so really? what's it matter.

maybe instead of working hard to get a measly fucking car, their parents will double down on their purchase of a home (because that's the level they play at, a car is too fucking negligible to even care about). or double down to buyout a company or start a new department for them to lead.

you never know.

if all rich kids were stupid, you really think those rich families with companies that last generations really would still exist?

does paris hilton actually have to "work as hard as you"? no. but she makes more and does more than you. you don't think she knows how to do shit on her own? you don't think she knows how to start a whole brand, market it, then sell it? HELL, she's a fucking DJ now and she makes more just DJing than you did for the past 10 years of your life.

you spawned a level 1 rpg character, killing rabbits with a stick you found on the ground. you'll be lucky if you ever see level 70, let alone 99. and if you do you can attribute it to all your hard work and whatever other shit you come up with.

some other people spawn as level 90's. if they reach level 99 they'll be lucky, but at the very least they're level 90, and perhaps if they don't try, they'll drop to level 70. they don't need to attribute their level 90 to hard work, they were born into it. if they get to level 99 (which they are MUCH closer to than you), they can attribute those 9 levels to hard work as well. and even if they become losers, they'll still be ahead of 99% of the people).

it doesn't fucking matter what you think or what you do. you're just in another class of existence. another world. you don't matter to them. they're in their own world of existence where things operate very differently.

all you guys can keep fueling your own ego and self righteousness with excuses like im not spoiled, or knowing the meaning of hard work. but really, that's all you're doing.

lots of people work fucking hard. you see it everyday everywhere. just walk through a mall. look at all the service people. walk by a construction site. walk by any work place. TONS of people work their asses off... good for them...

working hard does not equate to money. it only equates to working hard.
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #48
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,210
Thanked 1,410 Times in 521 Posts
^ I luv it when you feel the need to take a personal shot than go on a mega rant lol!

No shit Sherlock there are allot smart and successful people from any class. Let's get back to talking about rich asian kids from china. Obviously there are a lot of smart successful kids from china, no doubt. I am talking about the ones who come here from china, take one course from some college and all they do is spend their parents money. If these parents really cared about their kids becoming good respectful citizens, they would move here and actually raised their kids vs buying material shit. I know probably 10 guys I described above.
__________________
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #49
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
geeknerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,055
Thanked 388 Times in 166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
I think the igorance starts with you. You ever heard of the saying' give someone a fish, he can eat for a day, teach someone how to fish, he can eat forever".

Same with life, I worked my ass off to get ahead financially ahead, especially when I was a poor ass student in University working 2 jobs and going to school. Getting older, you really appreciate the journey more so than the end goal. A large part of my personal happiness is because I did it myself Vs getting it handed to me. 4444, would you agree? When my son turns 16, he's not getting some fancy car, he's getting whatever he can save for and I will double it (same thing my dad did to me). I love watching my son taking out the garbage, raking leaves, and generally working hard to get a car in the distant future .
What if i told you that a man can be given a fish everyday AND be taught how to fish.

I could pick apart your post but I think Ulic has said enough.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:06 PM   #50
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,210
Thanked 1,410 Times in 521 Posts
^ haha! please pick my post apart! I wanna be entertained with your warped opinion
__________________
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net