REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #51
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
^ I luv it when you feel the need to take a personal shot than go on a mega rant lol!

No shit Sherlock there are allot smart and successful people from any class. Let's get back to talking about rich asian kids from china. Obviously there are a lot of smart successful kids from china, no doubt. I am talking about the ones who come here from china, take one course from some college and all they do is spend their parents money. If these parents really cared about their kids becoming good respectful citizens, they would move here and actually raised their kids vs buying material shit. I know probably 10 guys I described above.
So are we talking about kids who are rich and lazy, or parents who spoil their kids? Seems like you're just throwing two topics together.

If you noticed, geeknerd actually was talking about the individual who graduated from Boston U and now is doing grad school, so I'm not sure why did you bring up
Quote:
I am talking about the ones who come here from china, take one course from some college and all they do is spend their parents money.
Advertisement
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #52
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reamemiya View Post
So are we talking about kids who are rich and lazy, or parents who spoil their kids? Seems like you're just throwing two topics together.

If you noticed, geeknerd actually was talking about the individual who graduated from Boston U and now is doing grad school, so I'm not sure why did you bring up
Yes I am merging two related topics, thanks for clarifying.

Did you read my post? Of course there are allot of smart successful well adjusted kids from wealthy chinese families. no dispute here
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #53
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Well then you would most likely have a small dick too then.
But dat money doe.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #54
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
I think the igorance starts with you. You ever heard of the saying' give someone a fish, he can eat for a day, teach someone how to fish, he can eat forever". Same with life, I worked my ass off to get ahead financially ahead, especially when I was a poor ass student in University working 2 jobs and going to school.
As I said, you can give someone a fish everyday AND teach him how to fish. Isn't funny how you boast about working your ass off the get financially ahead and here we are discussing hate for those who were born financially ahead. Definition of jealousy fueled by self entitlement.

Quote:
Getting older, you really appreciate the journey more so than the end goal. A large part of my personal happiness is because I did it myself Vs getting it handed to me. 4444, would you agree? When my son turns 16, he's not getting some fancy car, he's getting whatever he can save for and I will double it (same thing my dad did to me). I love watching my son taking out the garbage, raking leaves, and generally working hard to get a car in the distant future .
It's great that you achieved your personal goal and enjoyed doing it. It seems that you realize the importance of learning good core values and ethics through experience but you fail to realize that people can learn it through many ways.

I'm far away from being a parent but if you are a good parent, you should know that handing your son a fancy car isn't going to make a big difference if he has already learned the value of money and working towards a goal. At 18, I graduated highschool a term early and was working at a gas station. I drove to work in a 70k car and had a place of my own. Because of these handouts, it made me realize the value of money and how hard they must've worked to buy me these things.

Quote:
^ I luv it when you feel the need to take a personal shot than go on a mega rant lol!

No shit Sherlock there are allot smart and successful people from any class. Let's get back to talking about rich asian kids from china. Obviously there are a lot of smart successful kids from china, no doubt. I am talking about the ones who come here from china, take one course from some college and all they do is spend their parents money. If these parents really cared about their kids becoming good respectful citizens, they would move here and actually raised their kids vs buying material shit. I know probably 10 guys I described above.
The point of my posts is that a fancy car doesnt make someone a bad unrespectful citizen. Even when you've narrowed it down to a rich kid from china who come here for one course and spend their parents money, which by the way wasnt even what i was talking about nor mentioned at all, it doesnt mean they are not good respectful citizens. They've probably contributed to the economy and hence society more than most. Also, who the hell moves to raises their college attending kid.

Quote:
^ haha! please pick my post apart! I wanna be entertained with your warped opinion
Your pretentiousness and sarcastic smiley faces are reflective of your ignorance.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2014, 06:32 PM   #55
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
I think the igorance starts with you. You ever heard of the saying' give someone a fish, he can eat for a day, teach someone how to fish, he can eat forever". Same with life, I worked my ass off to get ahead financially ahead, especially when I was a poor ass student in University working 2 jobs and going to school. Getting older, you really appreciate the journey more so than the end goal. A large part of my personal happiness is because I did it myself Vs getting it handed to me. 4444, would you agree? When my son turns 16, he's not getting some fancy car, he's getting whatever he can save for and I will double it (same thing my dad did to me). I love watching my son taking out the garbage, raking leaves, and generally working hard to get a car in the distant future .
That is great that yuo enjoy the journey, and to your life that is how you live. For you to say that these rich kids are hopeless in life and won't be prepared is pure jealousy on your behalf. You see things from your own two eyes and that makes you jaded. You believe things you do are correct while others who do not do the same way as you are incorrect. You are like a fish in a fish bowl feeding off algae from the sides while getting mad at fish in a big aquarium being fed delicious fish food.

To you, working hard and doing everything yourself is great. Do you do grow your own vegetables and did you build your own house with your bare hands as well? These guys are rich, their level is way above yours. That doesn't make them any less of a person than you. Are you less of a person than someone who makes $1 an hour by selling trash from garbage bins? To them, you look like the rich asshole giving your son double his savings for a car at AGE 16!. Does that meanthat your son will be half a bitch?

You make so many assumptions of these kids being useless in society, having no future beyond their parents money, being their parents bitch and wont be able to survive. How do you know? Do you know anyone who was that rich at that age and then became broke and useless in life? You make it sound like by working hard, you will be successful and enjoy life more than being rich and spoiled. There are poor people who work hard and become rich, and then there are rich people who are spoiled yet can still have life satisfaction and make even more money. They can also go broke just as easy as the poor guy, but who knows. One is not better than the other, they just live their lives at different levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback

Last edited by RFlush; 11-26-2014 at 06:46 PM.
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-27-2014, 07:13 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
As I said, you can give someone a fish everyday AND teach him how to fish. Isn't funny how you boast about working your ass off the get financially ahead and here we are discussing hate for those who were born financially ahead. Definition of jealousy fueled by self entitlement.

It's great that you achieved your personal goal and enjoyed doing it. It seems that you realize the importance of learning good core values and ethics through experience but you fail to realize that people can learn it through many ways.

I'm far away from being a parent but if you are a good parent, you should know that handing your son a fancy car isn't going to make a big difference if he has already learned the value of money and working towards a goal. At 18, I graduated highschool a term early and was working at a gas station. I drove to work in a 70k car and had a place of my own. Because of these handouts, it made me realize the value of money and how hard they must've worked to buy me these things.

The point of my posts is that a fancy car doesnt make someone a bad unrespectful citizen. Even when you've narrowed it down to a rich kid from china who come here for one course and spend their parents money, which by the way wasnt even what i was talking about nor mentioned at all, it doesnt mean they are not good respectful citizens. They've probably contributed to the economy and hence society more than most. Also, who the hell moves to raises their college attending kid.

Your pretentiousness and sarcastic smiley faces are reflective of your ignorance.
haha, pretty good response geekhard. My parents have done well for themselves, My grandparents did well for themselves in HK. I am not hating on anyone who comes from a privledged background. Heck, I went to private school. However, my parents have always instilled in me that if you want something in life, you have to work for it....i.e. wash cars and mow lawns for first bike, etc. I love it when you criticize someone who is spending parents money, the first response is "are you jelly" lol!

Geekhard, do you actually support yourself or run to mommy when you need something?
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
That is great that yuo enjoy the journey, and to your life that is how you live. For you to say that these rich kids are hopeless in life and won't be prepared is pure jealousy on your behalf. You see things from your own two eyes and that makes you jaded. You believe things you do are correct while others who do not do the same way as you are incorrect. You are like a fish in a fish bowl feeding off algae from the sides while getting mad at fish in a big aquarium being fed delicious fish food.

To you, working hard and doing everything yourself is great. Do you do grow your own vegetables and did you build your own house with your bare hands as well? These guys are rich, their level is way above yours. That doesn't make them any less of a person than you. Are you less of a person than someone who makes $1 an hour by selling trash from garbage bins? To them, you look like the rich asshole giving your son double his savings for a car at AGE 16!. Does that meanthat your son will be half a bitch?

You make so many assumptions of these kids being useless in society, having no future beyond their parents money, being their parents bitch and wont be able to survive. How do you know? Do you know anyone who was that rich at that age and then became broke and useless in life? You make it sound like by working hard, you will be successful and enjoy life more than being rich and spoiled. There are poor people who work hard and become rich, and then there are rich people who are spoiled yet can still have life satisfaction and make even more money. They can also go broke just as easy as the poor guy, but who knows. One is not better than the other, they just live their lives at different levels.
do you comprehend any of posts??? I am not talking about most well adjusted kids from privledged backgrounds. That is awesome, no issues. I am talking about stupid kids from China who drive around in fancy cars that think their shit dont stink and are really spending parents money.
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Old 11-27-2014, 07:23 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post

jealousy is for kids, you get to a certain pt in life and realize be happy with what you got, you obviously still like to compare & measure your life to everyone else. have fun with that haha! I do like making fun of stupid fucktards though haha!
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Old 11-27-2014, 07:43 AM   #59
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
do you comprehend any of posts??? I am not talking about most well adjusted kids from privledged backgrounds. That is awesome, no issues. I am talking about stupid kids from China who drive around in fancy cars that think their shit dont stink and are really spending parents money.
Quote:
jealousy is for kids, you get to a certain pt in life and realize be happy with what you got, you obviously still like to compare & measure your life to everyone else. have fun with that haha! I do like making fun of stupid fucktards though haha!
The fact that those stupid kids from China who drive around in higher end cars and spend their parents money is enough for you to get upset at shows your jealousy. And when you are trying to insult people about them being useless and having no future, it's best to at least show you are educated by having some decent spelling and grammar within your writing, otherwise it really does show you are typing out of anger.

And like I said in my previous post, you might think that they are spending all their parents money, which is probably true, but that makes them no less person than you. As you said, your daddy gave you half your first car, so to someone who paid for their first car in full, you are the one spending half your parents money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:45 AM   #60

^ because i don't spell check and pay too much attn to my grammer on RS I am angry? haha you caught me man......I am totally jelly! I am want to cry in my cornflakes.
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Old 11-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #61
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
If you're poor, everyone knows you're a loser

If you're rich, everyone suspects you're a winner until you prove yourself otherwise

When you have money, this is easy to create:

Instagram
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:33 AM   #62
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
If you're poor, everyone knows you're a loser

If you're rich, everyone suspects you're a winner until you prove yourself otherwise

When you have money, this is easy to create:

you have such a warped perspective on wealth. you seem like the kind of guy that thinks money is everything and all girls only care about is guys with money. its very sad.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:53 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
you have such a warped perspective on wealth. you seem like the kind of guy that thinks money is everything and all girls only care about is guys with money. its very sad.
unfortunately multicural comments are right. If you can find the 10% of attractive women who don't care about wealth, you are lucky and a fortunate person.
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2014, 09:02 AM   #64
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
Quote:
unfortunately multicural comments are right. If you can find the 10% of attractive women who don't care about wealth, you are lucky and a fortunate person.
it doesn't mean that everyone else is a loser for not being a millionaire
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #65

^ you are right, I was focused on his second comment......
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #66
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
it doesn't mean that everyone else is a loser for not being a millionaire

The poorer you are the lower the caste you belong to
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #67
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
haha, pretty good response geekhard. My parents have done well for themselves, My grandparents did well for themselves in HK. I am not hating on anyone who comes from a privledged background. Heck, I went to private school. However, my parents have always instilled in me that if you want something in life, you have to work for it....i.e. wash cars and mow lawns for first bike, etc. I love it when you criticize someone who is spending parents money, the first response is "are you jelly" lol!

Geekhard, do you actually support yourself or run to mommy when you need something?
The money I have made myself secures me for the next couple years while I finish school(got "lucky" in stocks). Inheritance/parents wise, I don't need to work a day in my life. However, I've worked various jobs including manual factory labour which I believe is the epitome of your so praised hardwork. What is the point of your question?

"Are you jelly" was not my first response. It was based on reading your posts and the manner you speak.

Your condescending view of "run to mommy"
Your ultimatum view of happiness, "A large part of my personal happiness is because I did it myself Vs getting it handed to me."
Your general lack of considering other perspectives.
Your lack of proper responses to your points that has been refuted or been attempted to.
Your sarcasm and immature remarks.
And mostly, your continuous preaching of hardwork, which is nothing bad but the pride and belief you have in it blinds you. It's commendable and its worth just that; Good job. But it doesn't give you the right to judge and hate others for not following a similar path.

Quote:
If you bring up the way you grew up and then use it as a basis to talk about and judge others, I don't understand how that is not "compare & measure your life to everyone else".
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #68
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
LOL @ people raging about some kids who have money, just be happy with whatever the fuck you have and stop judging people you don't know.

If you're judging people you don't know, all it comes down to is jealousy or at least it sure looks that way.

You honestly think these chinese kids give a fuck what you say? Who the fuck do you think you are? You think they are going to lose sleep?
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2014, 08:50 PM   #69
RS controls my life!

These rich fob's have some of the shittiest fashion senses on the planet. Bet he spent 500$ on those glittery ass shoes.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-30-2014, 11:42 PM   #70
I don't get it

so who will out the kids and trace them back to their government official parents?
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote