REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:23 AM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Lol, prob Jehovah's witnesses. They don't celebrate Christmas or their own birthday.
Advertisement
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2014, 07:24 AM   #27
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
What about hanuka? light up some candles, see if they are against that..

+ on what religion are they ?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #28
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
My guess is Roman Catholic. My step mother converted to Catholicism when I was about 7 or 8 and I remember we weren't allowed to take part in Halloween that year. She created some sort of "Jesus Day" I think is what she called it so we still got candy but couldn't dress up or go outside.
No way. We Roman Catholics celebrate all these pagan holidays with glee.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #29

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I'm with murd0c, I can't fucking stand people like that. We're in Canada, we like Christmas, it is very socially accepted in this country. The message is togetherness, family, loved ones, and spending time with them. It's one thing to not participate due to religion or beliefs, but it's another thing entirely to frown upon others for celebrating the holiday. You don't like it? Stay in your fucking house until January 2nd. Fuckers.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #30
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
No way. We Roman Catholics celebrate all these pagan holidays with glee.
Hmm, maybe it was just the church we were part of then. They were VERY against any of the congregation participating in Halloween. This was in a small town though, so that's probably why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:37 PM   #31
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Hmm, maybe it was just the church we were part of then. They were VERY against any of the congregation participating in Halloween. This was in a small town though, so that's probably why.
Really? This reminded me of a honor movie where the town's people basically kill anyone that tries to do something that's not their custom.......
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:46 PM   #32
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Reminded me of this basement suite for rent ad:

Worst Apartment Rental Ad Ever ? Consumerist

Spoiler!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #33
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Was this the town?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #34

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post

haha. I think I'd rather commit a crime and go to prison for free. Looser rules there. lol!
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #35
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post

holy hell that's got to be a fake. Who in their right mind thinks any of that is acceptable. Although I have seen a few advertisements that have had restrictions on visitors, so maybe they're just over the top Christians.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #36
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
I got a question, and a quick browse through I didn't see anyone else ask.

Is this a legal basement suite?

Doesn't necessarily matter, but depending on the guys approach to the scenario, it could level the playing field a bit in your favor to go tell buddy to pound sand. Last thing he needs is the city up his ass about his illegal suite, he'll never rent it ever again after you leave the place.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #37
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I got a question, and a quick browse through I didn't see anyone else ask.

Is this a legal basement suite?

Doesn't necessarily matter, but depending on the guys approach to the scenario, it could level the playing field a bit in your favor to go tell buddy to pound sand. Last thing he needs is the city up his ass about his illegal suite, he'll never rent it ever again after you leave the place.
Yes, they are Johovas Witnesses. Its quite ironic that you said that ^^ We got served a 2 month eviction notice this evening. I have asked 3 times (just to make sure) that our suit was legal. Turns out its not! City bylaw was here for a parking infraction because my driveway does not have a permit and towed my vehicle for being parked in a wrongful spot. (landlord built the driveway on a easement, and removed the citys boulevard) Long story short after arguing about wrongfull towing, he served my landlords with a notice to tear down the suit. Turns out a load bearing wall was removed without a permit, improper duct routing, furnace room is not up to fire code, windows too small to jump out of incase of fire, non of the wiring had a permit. etc, the list goes on. So... We've got 2 months to vacate.
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
girlcrazy_420 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #38
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlcrazy_420 View Post
Yes, they are Johovas Witnesses. Its quite ironic that you said that ^^ We got served a 2 month eviction notice this evening. I have asked 3 times (just to make sure) that our suit was legal. Turns out its not! City bylaw was here for a parking infraction because my driveway does not have a permit and towed my vehicle for being parked in a wrongful spot. Long story short, he served my landlords with a notice to tear down the suit. Turns out a load bearing wall was removed without a permit, improper duct routing, furnace room is not up to fire code, windows too small to jump out of incase of fire. etc, the list goes on. So... We've got 2 months to vacate.
Then it is safe to say have fun decorating the shit out of your house for Christmas. Maybe throw a mistletoe just above buddies front door for good measure.

Maybe once christmas is up you can celebrate halloween your last month there just to piss off this dickhead.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2014, 09:45 PM   #39
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Sounds like you dodged a bullet getting out of that sketchy place.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2014, 09:48 PM   #40
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Turns out a load bearing wall was removed without a permit, improper duct routing, furnace room is not up to fire code, windows too small to jump out of incase of fire, non of the wiring had a permit.

Sounds like a blessing in disguise, really. One of the easiest ways to tell if a suite is legal or not is to check the window sizes, the bedroom one in particular.

Regardless, go balls out with decorating then!
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #41

It really is quite nice, honestly one of the nicest places i've rented in the past 6 years. Everything is new and updated (1970's house) Laminate dark hardwood floor, nicely updated kitchen, if anything breaks the landlords are there to fix it the next day. Its a piss off for sure, we've been here for 7 months and we're already packing.
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:15 AM   #42
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
It really is quite nice, honestly one of the nicest places i've rented in the past 6 years. Everything is new and updated (1970's house) Laminate dark hardwood floor, nicely updated kitchen, if anything breaks the landlords are there to fix it the next day. Its a piss off for sure, we've been here for 7 months and we're already packing.
building code is there for a reason, though. it may look nice superficially, but none of that matters if a slight tremor or earthquake makes the place collapse on you bc of the remove load bearing wall, or a fire kills you as you can't get out.

i imagine you've just saved yourself 2 months of rent, though, right? surely your lease agreement is void as its not a legal suite and your safety is questionable there. i know i wouldn't pay and would happily say so, calmly, and with reason, to the landlord.

there are plenty of places for rent in vancouver - you'll find somewhere legal in no time.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2014, 01:16 AM   #43
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
so maybe they're just over the top Christians.
it's got nothing to do with being christian, these ppl are just whack jobs.

i'm not christian (i'm a devil child, no belief), but i'm sure Christianity, when it was made up (sorry religious ppl), was not envisioned to go this way!!!
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:08 AM   #44
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post

Sounds like a blessing in disguise, really. One of the easiest ways to tell if a suite is legal or not is to check the window sizes, the bedroom one in particular.

just for shits and giggles, throw in a few halloween decorations here and there...

and while you're at it, ask them a few of these questions if you get the chance to!

questions jehova witnesses hate to be asked
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2014, 05:41 AM   #45
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Sorry to hear that moving sucks.
You'll find something great though and you won't have to be hesitant about doing any decorating for Halloween, Christmas, Easter, national steak and bj day or any holiday for that matter. just think of this as a positive
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #46

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you have to vacate.

Onto the bright things:
-Decorate the fuck out of everything. If they want to stop you, tell them to fuck themselves because you're already out in 60 days.
-Atleast they get karma for being dicks, they're rental will be torn out, and if they want to rebuild, they are in for headaches as the city now knows that they tried to have an illegal suite. Inspectors will probably give them a hard time for trying to cheat out the system.

Good and bad to take from this. I'd stick to the good.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2014, 08:34 AM   #47
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Fucking Joho's... always door knocking and driving people crazy with their pressure tactics and won't let people express there own belief's.. I have always respected all religions but that one right there is one I don't and will never have respect for.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
i imagine you've just saved yourself 2 months of rent, though, right? surely your lease agreement is void as its not a legal suite and your safety is questionable there. i know i wouldn't pay and would happily say so, calmly, and with reason, to the landlord.

there are plenty of places for rent in vancouver - you'll find somewhere legal in no time.
Its a 2month notice to vacate. We need to pay next months rent, but the month after is free, or we can leave 1 month early and they pay us 1 month rent out of their own pocket.

Thanks for the input guys. I suppose its good to get out of this place, but we are already having a tough time making ends meet, and we've got a small dog which will make finding a new place impossible. We're just pissed that we have to move on no reason of our own. Yay for good christmas news!

edit: I jokingly told the girlfriend that we can move out 1 month early, take the cash and move into our 27ft 5th wheel in the walmart parking lot BUHAHAHAHA Just about got my ass kicked for thinking that.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #49
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post

Even easier way to tell: a legal suite will have its own address.

But yes, definitely a blessing in disguise. And I just love karma!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi

Last edited by Gumby; 12-17-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: