REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 10-28-2015, 12:18 AM   #176
2 Wheelin' Mod

Both parties were at fault just one broke a rule that was in the rule book and the other didn't.
Advertisement
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:06 AM   #177
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC8 View Post
send it to race direction

let me clarify about "being pushed out" it was about Rossi pushing him wide which he admitted to that is all.

You even admitted in your previous post "LAST RACE WAS AMAZING? TRY THIS ONE.... I AM HAVING A HEART ATTACK WATCHING RIGHT NOW." Why didn't you mention Marques that dirty basdard then? I just enjoyed the "battle" too but it was sad after the incident mainly for Rossi
There are no rules that governs against Rossi running Marquez wide, although there are no rules against Marquez diving Rossi non stop, there is an issue behind it is that, this is not Marquez's fight, he has no chance of winning the championship and he is sabotaging someone elses because he is a little kid and a crying one.

I stated that I am having a heart attack watching right now because of what had happened, Marquez ate shit after trying to cause someone else a championship he deserved it. Him eating shit was not my problem and I did not expect it all that Rossi would get a penalty because at the end of the day Marquez made initial contact making him the protagonist in this fight.

It all come down to this, would Marquez have crashed if he didn't make initial contact? From the many videos and gifs I have came across at every possible angle, the answer is no.

So there you go.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2015, 10:37 PM   #178
2 Wheelin' Mod

How is Marquez a crying kid? wasn't it Rossi that was whining on Thursday?

Nobody complained about PI till Rossi accused Marquez of sandbagging on Thursday if he really wanted to screw Rossi he would have let Lorenzo win at PI

Last edited by Jas29; 10-28-2015 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:19 AM   #179
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I think David Emmett sums up everything about what happened best in this article, https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...oes_who_h.html
60 years later, I think people are still going to disagree on what they saw.
But for now, we know that

-Lin Jarvis can't defend Rossi. #SepangClash: Jarvis reacts

-Jeremy Burgess can't defend Rossi. Soup :: Burgess: Not The Valentino Rossi I know :: 10-27-2015

-Most other riders seem to believe that they both share part of the fault. Rossi/Marquez clash: Reaction from riders on social media

So at the end of the day, why do people believe to have some kind of expert insight over the people who have been in the MotoGP paddock for years and have dedicated their life to the highest pinnacle of motorcycle racing and see this kind of ruthlessness regularly every race weekend? Would they not have the better perspective to judge an incident such as this, without having to resort to a streamable video online? Although I have my own opinions about the penalty, I respect the conclusion that Race Direction has come to.
DSHDSH is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2015, 10:55 AM   #180
2-Wheelin' Mod

KTM signs Mika Kallio as test rider for 2017 MotoGP bike - MotoGP news - AUTOSPORT.com
Old 10-29-2015, 11:05 AM   #181
2-Wheelin' Mod

DSHDSH - that David Emmett article is terrific. I encouraging everybody to read his sobering narrative of the events leading up to and following the crash.

I agree - I did initially feel like the crash was caused by Marquez being forced to guess when Rossi was going to turn. He guessed wrong and plowed into the side of Rossi.

I, like millions of others, wanted desperately to see an aging Rossi win one last championship. This incident was inconvenient as it trampled on this glorious and romantic notion of Rossi winning a final title... many people are overlooking fact or simply not being objective because they were overtaken by emotion. Indeed, I was originally as well.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:41 PM   #182
2 Wheelin' Mod

Quote:
[According to the leading Spanish newspaper El Pais, after Aragon, Rossi went to find Dani Pedrosa to ask him why he had put up such a fight.
- From the David Emmett article

I read a different article that basically said the same thing I wonder if their is any truth to this rumour.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:30 AM   #183
2-Wheelin' Mod

Valentino Rossi appeals FIM Stewards? decision
Old 10-30-2015, 08:49 PM   #184
2 Wheelin' Mod

Valencia completely sold out!

Venue capacity = 120,000
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2015, 08:59 PM   #185
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, you race if you can race. Championship contention or not, you still race. Would you sit back and let the two guys topping the points standing battle it out?
Old 10-31-2015, 09:28 AM   #186
2 Wheelin' Mod

Marquez involved in brawl as journalists break into home
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #187
2-Wheelin' Mod

It's getting crazy.....

The entire 2015 MotoGP field has been summoned to an extraordinary meeting with series chiefs at Valencia amid the controversy over Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez's Sepang clash.

With tensions between Honda and Yamaha still high, and fans and the paddock polarised, all riders and team managers will meet with Carmelo Ezpeleta, chief executive of MotoGP commercial body Dorna Sports, and FIM president Vito Ippolito on Thursday afternoon.

An FIM statement said the gathering had been called "following the events that occurred at the Malaysian Grand Prix and further developments over the following week and given the exceptional circumstances."

The traditional pre-race press conference that takes place at every grand prix has been cancelled for Valencia.

Last week Ippolito issued an opening letter in which he called on the factions involved in the row to stop 'poisoning' MotoGP and causing 'anarchy'.

Rossi and Marquez's Sepang collision was the culmination of growing bitterness following previous incidents between the pair this season, and amid the Italian's accusations that Marquez was actively trying to hamper his championship bid in the preceding race at Phillip Island.

Race direction gave Rossi three penalty points on his licence for taking Marquez out in Malaysia, triggering a back of the grid start for the Valencia title decider, which Rossi goes into with a seven-point lead over Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:00 AM   #188
2-Wheelin' Mod

British MotoGP at Silverstone moves to September in calendar change - MotoGP news - AUTOSPORT.com

A little 2016 news!
Old 11-02-2015, 12:42 PM   #189

You think that's bad?

Read the reports on Rossi kicking Marquez break levers.... I didn't know Honda didn't have break guards......
Old 11-02-2015, 10:03 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale46Rossi View Post
You think that's bad?

Read the reports on Rossi kicking Marquez break levers.... I didn't know Honda didn't have break guards......
It seems to me that a lever guard would provide the most protection to forces that lie in the same plane as the lever. Hypothetically, if a bike was leaned over, it would still be exposed to forces coming from above.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:15 AM   #191
2-Wheelin' Mod

F1's Vettel says Rossi did "the right thing..." Mass says, "To be honest, I am a big fan of Valentino, but he made a mistake...."

F1's Vettel says Rossi did "the right thing" in Marquez MotoGP spat - MotoGP news - AUTOSPORT.com

Last edited by Sunfighter; 11-04-2015 at 09:29 AM.
Sunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:14 PM   #192
I subscribe to Revscene

Lorenzo being a little bitch?
Trying to mess with Rossi's appeal.
akira112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:21 AM   #193
The Speed Syndicate

Thanked 3,077 Times in 522 Posts
MM not making a move on lorenzo throughout the whole race totally ruined it for me

TSS x Revscene Track Day Organizer

1991 Formula Red NSX - 3.2L ITB
kchan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2015, 05:48 AM   #194

Argh, I was really really frustrated the whole race to be honest.

I don't have an issue with Lorenzo winning if it was a fair race and Rossi was able to give it all he got.

But the race was dictated right from the start as Lorenzo rides his pole and just calmly rode the laps till the end.

The biggest problem was that Marquez did not even bother passing Lorenzo and just rode with him along the way.

By doing that Rossi had NO chance right from the start of the race as Marquez was basically Lorenzo's insurance. Really shitty way to end such an amazing season.......

How can I enjoy a sport where the contenders of the championship could not even contend for the win?
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2015, 09:51 PM   #195

chemotherapy

https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...nd_up_how.html

>Sepang: why did Marc have to fight for position in the race?
>Valencia: why didn't Marc fight for position in the race?

top fucking kek
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2015, 11:39 PM   #196
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
marquez defending lorenzo like he's his fucking mother

edit: wsbk next year? i want nicky to do well but he's on a shit bike lol. the honda won't be competitive until they come out with a cbr1000 replacement.
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #197
2 Wheelin' Mod

I agree with dshdsh

Marc has waited in the past to pass in the last few laps. People complain when he rides recklessly and when he doesn't.

Lap time graph

http://i.imgur.com/3PWSVmf.jpg
Old 11-11-2015, 10:45 AM   #198
2-Wheelin' Mod

Hi everybody - I apologize for not rushing in here to make the final update on the season.

For context - I am a HUGE sports fan. I have been watching F1 for over 25 years, I am a huge baseball fan, a basketball fan and a big soccer fan. I started watching MotoGP in 2013 and was hooked immediately. The Faster/Fastest documentaries provided a ton of terrific context for the contemporary era and I watched every race in 2014 and 2015 on the edge of my seat.

The 2015 season was unbelievable for so many reasons ... until the "incident." Never have I witnessed such a fantastic season of sport so quickly and unnecessarily derailed as was this one.

I'm disappointed because I was one of the many that was hoping and cheering for the 36 year old Rossi to win ... that's the narrative that had me hooked! The aging Rossi running past a field of younger more agile racers that grew up emulating him.

However - as the season progressed, Lorenzo creeped closer and closer in the points race and I felt that Rossi, using his elevated platform as the MotoGP media darling, began pressing his own (possibly paranoid) agenda that the elite (Spanish) riders had constructed a plan to block Rossi from the championship. People can breakdown footage and review race analytics until the end of time and will be able to find "evidence" that supports their own theory that this did or did not happen. Regardless - Lorenzo won the title. If MotoGP was "rigged" would it not have been "rigged" in such a way as to deliver a championship to the most popular riding in the history of the sport rather than taking it away from him?

Again - I wanted Rossi to win the title desperately. I liked the narrative of the 36 year old winning ... it was like a movie that we got to watch throughout the entire year. But unfortunately we lost our "reward" which was to see him win the title. That's fine - it's sport. But it's the circumstances around this that bother me ... the media jabs, the in-fighting (within Yamaha, amongst the riders), and the fact that Rossi continued to use the media to drive an agenda that was ultimately damaging to the credibility of the sport itself.

It's a shame because Rossi had a terrific season and his performance in the final race was nothing less than epic. It's a shame that all of this will be overshadowed because of the "incident" and the media confrontations that proceeded and followed it.

I'm just very disappointed in the outcome. Partly because Rossi didn't win but also because of the circumstances.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-11-2015, 10:47 AM   #199
2-Wheelin' Mod

I'll add as well that I still don't believe Rossi kicked Marquez. I also don't think Marquez "head-butted" Rossi. I believe that Marquez was anticipating that Rossi was going to dive in and begin making the corner. When Rossi didn't do this Marquez simply made contact and went down. End of story.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:52 AM   #200
2-Wheelin' Mod

Race Finish

1 - Lorenzo
2 - Marquez
3 - Pedrosa
4 - Rossi
5 - Espargaro, Pol

Final Standings

1 - Jorge Lorenzo - 330 pts
1 - Valentino Rossi - 325 pts
3 - Marc Marquez - 242 pts