REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2015, 11:49 PM   #51
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch
 
fliptuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 20,336
Thanked 13,194 Times in 3,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goaleR View Post
I would like to also mention before purchasing a new sofa, to measure measure MEASURE! I have a brand new Stylus sofa I just purchased but does not fit into my apartment. I have it listed for sale now but...don't make the same mistake I did...
Have you tried this:

Spoiler!
Advertisement
__________________
feedback

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad


RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2015, 07:53 AM   #52
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
a90a93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lower Mainland
Posts: 526
Thanked 92 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goaleR View Post
I would like to also mention before purchasing a new sofa, to measure measure MEASURE! I have a brand new Stylus sofa I just purchased but does not fit into my apartment. I have it listed for sale now but...don't make the same mistake I did...
I have a part-time job delivering furniture and this happens more often than you'd imagine. I can't count the number of times that we've had to deliver a couch by lifting it up to a second story balcony to bring in through the patio door because the interior stairs were too tight. Extra fun when it's a queen sofabed!
a90a93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:32 AM   #53
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
goaleR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 207
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
Have you tried this:

Spoiler!
Ya that was us last night...my neighbours weren't too impressed haha
goaleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #54
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 770
Thanked 75 Times in 43 Posts
pivot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subscribed. great thread as I will be shopping for a sofa soon.

also laughed at the casting couch comment hahaha
josel_atr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:22 PM   #55
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,397
Thanked 1,248 Times in 419 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone have any experience with EQ3 sofas?

My wife and I really like the Remi sofa https://eq3.com/ca/en/productdetail/...---fabric.html but we're not too sure about the quality of EQ3 and how well they'll hold out.

We also like the Gus Jane Sectional: https://gusmodern.com/collections/se...onal-wood-base

Anyone have experience with either of these? We also went to check out united boulevard but nothing really stood out at us like the two above. We're hoping to find something in that style
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:41 PM   #56
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,386
Thanked 4,998 Times in 1,580 Posts
Try article.com

Good reviews and experiences from what I've heard firsthand from friends who have bought from them.

Local Vancouver business.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2017, 10:01 PM   #57
【=◈‿◈=】
 
Vansterdam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Above&Beyond
Posts: 22,498
Thanked 8,881 Times in 2,011 Posts


looking for this style as well
__________________
do_ob

Vansterdam is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2017, 10:20 PM   #58
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts
 
jing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: tha C-O-Q
Posts: 5,393
Thanked 2,168 Times in 565 Posts
Highly recommend the Urban Barn outlet in Poco. Bought a new one sectional there at an incredible discount (~45% off list) as it was a custom order (probably from Stylus) that the original purchaser had a change of heart on. New stock arrives every Thursday!
__________________
my feedback

Last edited by jing; 04-02-2017 at 10:28 PM.
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:28 PM   #59
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,397
Thanked 1,248 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Try article.com

Good reviews and experiences from what I've heard firsthand from friends who have bought from them.

Local Vancouver business.
Dang it's too bad they don't have a showroom. I don't want to go in completely blind but they do have that 30 day return policy.
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:37 PM   #60
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
ilovebacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,641
Thanked 1,354 Times in 351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
came in here looking for this couch lol
ilovebacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:59 PM   #61
Need my Daily Fix of RS
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 260
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone have any experience with EQ3 sofas?

My wife and I really like the Remi sofa https://eq3.com/ca/en/productdetail/...---fabric.html but we're not too sure about the quality of EQ3 and how well they'll hold out.

We also like the Gus Jane Sectional: https://gusmodern.com/collections/se...onal-wood-base

Anyone have experience with either of these? We also went to check out united boulevard but nothing really stood out at us like the two above. We're hoping to find something in that style

Eq3 is decent, but expect to wait a really long time. It took me 6 months to get my kitchen table from them after 4 delays. If you don't need your furniture right away, and don't mind being lied to.. the quality is not bad. I'm not the only one i know who's had this experience with EQ3.

I have the Jane sectional and its great. Great quality, and fabric is industrial grade so its meant to be sat on more then your average couch. It was a bit stiff when it was new but its all good now.
henry604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:58 PM   #62
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
donk.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 192
Thanked 250 Times in 62 Posts
How do you know if a salesman is lying?

If his lips are moving.
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:09 PM   #63
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,611
Thanked 16,830 Times in 3,952 Posts
picked up a wicked deal on a couch at Urban Barn outlet in Poco before xmas. If you are looking for one thats a place to check out for sure.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:37 AM   #64
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,397
Thanked 1,248 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry604 View Post
Eq3 is decent, but expect to wait a really long time. It took me 6 months to get my kitchen table from them after 4 delays. If you don't need your furniture right away, and don't mind being lied to.. the quality is not bad. I'm not the only one i know who's had this experience with EQ3.

I have the Jane sectional and its great. Great quality, and fabric is industrial grade so its meant to be sat on more then your average couch. It was a bit stiff when it was new but its all good now.
I wouldn't mind waiting for the dining table but would rather have the sofa as soon as possible which seems to be 4-6 weeks depending on who we go with.

Did you get your Jane sectional from Full House Modern?
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #65
Need my Daily Fix of RS
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 260
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
I wouldn't mind waiting for the dining table but would rather have the sofa as soon as possible which seems to be 4-6 weeks depending on who we go with.

Did you get your Jane sectional from Full House Modern?
I got it at Style Garage that closed down recently. I think Full house Modern is the only place in Vancouver to get the Jane sectional. There might be a place in North Van as well.

CB2 has a version of the Jane designed by GUS you may want to check out.
https://www.cb2.com/ditto-ii-grey-se...l-sofa/s540667

Its not the loft version though.
henry604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:57 PM   #66
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: burnaby
Posts: 313
Thanked 109 Times in 51 Posts
Just got delivery of my Harmony couch from west elm.

literally sat on hundreds of couches, this has to be the softest and most comfortable couch ever. HEAVEN ON EARTH!

My friends who bought couches and tried in store when it was delivered was hard as a rock. Not just leather but fabric as well
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:51 PM   #67
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,397
Thanked 1,248 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry604 View Post
I got it at Style Garage that closed down recently. I think Full house Modern is the only place in Vancouver to get the Jane sectional. There might be a place in North Van as well.

CB2 has a version of the Jane designed by GUS you may want to check out.
https://www.cb2.com/ditto-ii-grey-se...l-sofa/s540667

Its not the loft version though.
Checked out the CB2 ditto today and liked the style but I think i'd rather go with the Gus. The CB2 one is all made in China as opposed to Gus being made in Canada and the warranty on the Gus is better.

Never thought it would take this long to find the "perfect" sofa that we would keep for a while. Ikea made it easy as there wasn't too many options when we knew we weren't going to stay for more than 2years.
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:21 AM   #68
MiX iT Up!
 
tiger_handheld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,692
Thanked 1,908 Times in 771 Posts
i was recently shopping for a sofa:

- had to have storage
- had to be sectional
- had to have a pull out bed or convert to bed
- had to be less than $1000 tax in
- had to be free delivery
- had to be fabric (non-leather)
- had to be customer colour or light grey color

winner: Dora sectional from JR Furniture $700 with taxes & free delivery.

pro tip: most of these furniture shops you can negotiate, never pay sticker price.
__________________

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.


Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #69
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,397
Thanked 1,248 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
i was recently shopping for a sofa:

- had to have storage
- had to be sectional
- had to have a pull out bed or convert to bed
- had to be less than $1000 tax in
- had to be free delivery
- had to be fabric (non-leather)
- had to be customer colour or light grey color

winner: Dora sectional from JR Furniture $700 with taxes & free delivery.

pro tip: most of these furniture shops you can negotiate, never pay sticker price.
Tried negotiating yesterday at full house modern but they didn't budge. Probably the wrong type of store to try and bargain at lol, sales person just kept saying they'll sell it anyways at full price so no point in giving the discount since it was a popular sectional. Unfortunate this sofa is only sold by 2 stores here Y_Y.
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #70
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: burnaby
Posts: 313
Thanked 109 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
Tried negotiating yesterday at full house modern but they didn't budge. Probably the wrong type of store to try and bargain at lol, sales person just kept saying they'll sell it anyways at full price so no point in giving the discount since it was a popular sectional. Unfortunate this sofa is only sold by 2 stores here Y_Y.
negotiating only works in the shitty furniture stores with crazy markups. Any modern store will literally tell you to GTFO
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2017, 01:55 PM   #71
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,397
Thanked 1,248 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyTan3 View Post
negotiating only works in the shitty furniture stores with crazy markups. Any modern store will literally tell you to GTFO
Yea, luckily they have a 20% off sale coming up in June and they said the sofa we want is usually an in stock item. Meaning we would get the sofa in about 8 weeks. We're not in that much of a rush and would rather save a bit and wait.

A bit longer than if we had gotten it from EQ3 the timeline they were giving us was 4-6 weeks with no guarantees. And after reading more it seems like it would take longer anyways.
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX

Last edited by ForbiddenX; 04-10-2017 at 02:01 PM.
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:20 PM   #72
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
EmperorIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: home
Posts: 2,695
Thanked 3,676 Times in 808 Posts
Anyone have a good list of big furniture stores I can go and check out? Doesn't necessary need to be best price or bargain, just want to check out and get inspired.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #73
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,547
Thanked 394 Times in 169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
Anyone have a good list of big furniture stores I can go and check out? Doesn't necessary need to be best price or bargain, just want to check out and get inspired.
Just goto united boulevard and spend the next 8 hours walking from each place there is like 20 different stores side by side
VR6GTI is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2017, 06:20 PM   #74
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,397
Thanked 1,248 Times in 419 Posts
We found united boulevard good to see what kind of furniture you could get but it wasn't really too inspiring.

We much preferred the stores on Granville to get inspiration we wanted something more mid modern
EQ3
West Elm
Structube
Full House Modern on 4th
Crate and Barrel in Oakridge.
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net