REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-12-2015, 07:39 PM   #26
I don't get it

Since icbc made a mistake, make them up the payout a little and buy this non t-bone/salvaged TL for 3.6k.

2000 Acura TL-REDUCED
Advertisement
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:41 PM   #27
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
My bad looks like touringteg is correct.

Fucking ICBC and the confusion they create.

I'm with the others though, push their price up and just get a different car. You don't want something that has a rebuilt title.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2015, 11:23 PM   #28
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
biggest mistake was putting collision on a 3200 car
In this case if op Didn't have collision they wouldn't be getting shit.

No mistake imo

You think anyone actually puts aside the money they save when removing collision for shit like this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2015, 11:35 PM   #29
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
In this case if op Didn't have collision they wouldn't be getting shit.

No mistake imo

You think anyone actually puts aside the money they save when removing collision for shit like this?
IMO I wouldn't put collision on a $3200 car either.

In order for you to use collision, it's like what? $300 or $500 deductible?
On top of that, you would have to pay $250-$500/year for your collision coverage when you add collision on your insurance depending on what you drive and where you live, your driving history, etc.
And when you use your collision, I believe your insurance goes up.

So, say you drive for 3 years, you have already paid $750 or $1,500 on your coverage, plus $300 for your deductible, and your insurance will go up.

If you don't get into an accident for several years it's not really worth it, also the accident you're getting into may not be at-fault, in which case your collision coverage wouldn't matter anyways.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:54 PM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Off-topic. But hey OP, its a 98 Acura TL. In the next year or sometime in the future, its likely the transmission is going to explode if its an automatic and the cash offer wouldn't even be 1/3rd of what ICBC will give you. In my opinion, just show them the dozens of overpriced TLs you can find on craigslist with higher KMs and worse condition and you could be getting paid out maybe around the 3500-4000 area.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:59 PM   #31
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I don't think his main concern is getting paid by ICBC but having a car to DRIVE back home. Would be shitty to have to buy a car in and insure it in Ontario then go through the hassle of getting an out-of province inspection to insure it in BC.
KDMofo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:17 AM   #32
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Stop wasting ICBC's time. Take the $3K offer and let them write-off your car. Based on their rules, it is a write-off and ICBC doesn't want to be legally responsible if it is involved in another collision. Your car should never have been repaired in the first place so you shouldn't even consider that as an option. ICBC isn't screwing you over.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:24 AM   #33
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

So it only took the shop less than 9 days to repair your vehicle (granted they started work on the day of and they were open on Christmas and New Years)?

The lawyer doesn't know because they don't care. There's no money in this deal.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 02-13-2015 at 01:43 AM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:52 AM   #34
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Stop wasting ICBC's time. Take the $3K offer and let them write-off your car. Based on their rules, it is a write-off and ICBC doesn't want to be legally responsible if it is involved in another collision. Your car should never have been repaired in the first place so you shouldn't even consider that as an option. ICBC isn't screwing you over.
I think in this case ICBC is the one who is wasting OP's time.
Typically ICBC's goal is to process the claim cheaply and quickly as possible.
I have no clue why they are offering him another $3200 when they already spent $3700 to fix the car. It's much cheaper to give OP a fixed car especially when OP wants his car back despite the Salvage or Rebuilt title.
Maybe the person(adjuster or estimator) who is handling this case is just being stubborn or something and trying to do it "right" but hey, mistake is already done so the cheap fix is to give OP a fixed car.

Also, $3700 repair isn't THAT bad, go look at around and what kind of cars are out there, you see cars with $10,000 or even $25,000+ repair history all the time.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-13-2015, 07:08 AM   #35
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
If its salvageable, and they want to writ it off even after the repairs, tell them you want to buy it back. You have first choice on buying it back.
That being said, seeing as they salvaged the car, you should get it back for far less and be able to get the car back in repaired condition for nothing more than it would cost to buy it back as salvage.

Get some money, get your car back and its already repaired. Seems like an ok deal to me if they will let it happen.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:37 AM   #36
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
If its salvageable, and they want to writ it off even after the repairs, tell them you want to buy it back. You have first choice on buying it back.
That being said, seeing as they salvaged the car, you should get it back for far less and be able to get the car back in repaired condition for nothing more than it would cost to buy it back as salvage.

Get some money, get your car back and its already repaired. Seems like an ok deal to me if they will let it happen.
This.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:54 AM   #37
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakiceluk View Post
driver door was pretty banged up and the windshield cracked but no frame or engine damage. the repairs cost $3700.
slightly off topic but do you have pics of the damage? $3700 seems like a lot for just a door and a windshield with no frame damage on a 17 year old car, no matter how nice condition it's in. because of this i'm also leaning towards the argument of just taking the money and getting another car that is not potentially still bent with a big accident claim on record.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:39 PM   #38
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,432 Times in 5,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post

OP should clarify, but I'm pretty sure if ICBC is saying he can't have the car back it's because they are making it DISMANTLE ONLY or for PARTS... not for rebuild... he should still be allowed to buy it back, but it won't be able to be licensed for road use ever again if that is in fact the case.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2015, 02:14 PM   #39
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDMofo View Post
I don't think his main concern is getting paid by ICBC but having a car to DRIVE back home. Would be shitty to have to buy a car in and insure it in Ontario then go through the hassle of getting an out-of province inspection to insure it in BC.
They have these neat things called planes and buses that can also transport people across the country.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:41 AM   #40
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

ICBC originally owed you the market value of the car. That hasn't changed because they repaired it in error. If you've incurred extra travel expenses during the delay I would ask for reimbursement of those.
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote