REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:03 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
1 million job openings in BC by 2022

Is this real?
I'm sure you've seen this commercial or heard it somewhere.

With this shit economy, BC Government is saying that there will be a million job openings in BC by 2022, which is 7 years away.

Here are some news articles:
A million jobs are expected to open up in B.C. ? and here are the five most in demand
B.C. Labour Market Outlook forecasts one million job openings by 2022 | BC Newsroom

pamphlet made by BC Government:
http://www.workbc.ca/WorkBC/files/5f...75ca7448b7.pdf
Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:15 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Fucking YouTube ads for this bullshit at the gym last night before every fucking video I watched.

Seen the beginning like 15 times. Fuck that shit
Old 02-19-2015, 12:24 PM   #3

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Christy Crunch and her minions are trying to mislead voters about her government's work in "improving the BC economy".

Are politicians like her putting all their hopes on LNG in creating a majority of those jobs?
Old 02-19-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Fucking YouTube ads for this bullshit at the gym last night before every fucking video I watched.

Seen the beginning like 15 times. Fuck that shit
did you also know, that canada's only customer for oil is the united states, so they get to buy our oil for a discount?

also mike chang says you don't have to eat boring salads all day to get a 6 pack.

that being said.

142,857.14 jobs per year over 7 years or however it will be distributed in real life doesn't sound that appealing at all.

maybe if it were 3-5million lol.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:58 PM   #5

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post

also mike chang says you don't have to eat boring salads all day to get a 6 pack.
Thank god! Good bye tuna and cottage cheese, hello Krispy Kreme diet!
Old 02-19-2015, 04:04 PM   #6
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
million job openings because by 7 years everyones going to move elsewhere since its so expensive to live here... ha ha ha.... ugh

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 04:04 PM   #7
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
To be filled by foreign labour at below market prices! Because fuck training the locales and normal/high wages! we'll train some foreigners how to do the job and speak English poorly instead!
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 05:06 PM   #8

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
did you also know, that canada's only customer for oil is the united states, so they get to buy our oil for a discount?

that being said.

142,857.14 jobs per year over 7 years or however it will be distributed in real life doesn't sound that appealing at all.

maybe if it were 3-5million lol.
If there's a 1 million job openings in 2022 in BC, that would be amazing. Only if that's a true story.

3-5 million? Are you crazy?

You do realize the population of BC is 4.61 million including infants, children, youth, adults and seniors? I would say majority of them would already have a job or not in the age range to work, so 1 million is plenty.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:41 PM   #9
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised since the baby boomers will be long retired by that time.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:50 PM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

more unskilled labour positions..and they say the numbers don't lie.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:40 AM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Well then. I better not see any bums in the DTES by 2024
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2015, 07:56 AM   #12
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
To be filled by foreign labour at below market prices! Because fuck training the locales and normal/high wages! we'll train some foreigners how to do the job and speak English poorly instead!
Can an economic policy pronoted to "raise all boats" also lower those boats?
LilRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:44 AM   #13
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Already happening is call TFW.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #14
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,298 Times in 2,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I wouldn't be surprised since the baby boomers will be long retired by that time.
I did some quick fact checking, and it seems like BC has roughly 800k persons in the 50-65 yrs old age group. It is completely unsurprising to see the majority of these people retire / pull out from the work force within the next 7 years. Of course there are details that may or may cause the jobs to be replaced, but assuming a simplistic approach that the jobs will be replaced, Crusty can claim that the province has created 1M "new job openings" under her "leadership"!

Would someone please tell me how I can become a politician? I'd love to get paid for grandstanding and not doing shxt, and still claim credit for producing positive results.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2015, 12:30 PM   #15
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
If there's a 1 million job openings in 2022 in BC, that would be amazing. Only if that's a true story.

3-5 million? Are you crazy?

You do realize the population of BC is 4.61 million including infants, children, youth, adults and seniors? I would say majority of them would already have a job or not in the age range to work, so 1 million is plenty.
yes i am crazy.

but u gotta think. even if a buncha seniors retire. there's already a line of students and other people behind them waiting for their jobs. the jobs they give up, AREN'T opening any new spaces.

it's like saying 100 million people will die to free up space. but yeah 100 million people are being born as well.

1million isn't plenty.

unless it's 1 million SUDDENLY, NOW.

but if it's people retiring and people lining up for those jobs... it won't make a difference.

the population is growing in vancouver. there are little kids being born everyday. and kids graduating everyday.

they're piling into our system, along with everyone else that can't get decent jobs.

yeah 3-4million is excessive, but that would be a booming economy lol.

the ability to switch jobs every 6 month with ease, and no consequences.

that plus in 7 years there will be some jobs that are semi taken over by automation.

i'm pretty sure in 7 years, people will still be struggling to get jobs.

ideally, there should be more jobs available than there are people. always. period. or like cracks in a stream, the water will fill em up in a blink of an eye.

that being said i don't really care lol. i went over the list of jobs. whatevers. all these outskirt cities are expanding like mad. i just seriously don't think 1 million jobs over 7 years is significant enough to make an impact, if everything else continues to expand at current rate. seems almost... like expected.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:20 PM   #16

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
I don't know if it is true or not. The new generation prefers to work in a safe or office environment, skilled trades and technical occupations will be demanding. I heard people retire from construction are far more than people enter. 1 million is crazy, if that's BC alone, for sure every major city in Canada will be worse.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:04 PM   #17
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
They took our jobs!
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 02:21 PM   #18
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
million job openings because by 7 years everyones going to move elsewhere since its so expensive to live here... ha ha ha.... ugh
It's not that expensive in most parts of B.C.

4 bed 4 bath 475K in Nanaimo.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:29 PM   #19
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
I don't know if it is true or not. The new generation prefers to work in a safe or office environment, skilled trades and technical occupations will be demanding. I heard people retire from construction are far more than people enter. 1 million is crazy, if that's BC alone, for sure every major city in Canada will be worse.
This might be true. I've only worked in construction for a little while but I do notice a lot of the trades (dry wallers, carps, general conctracts, etc) are quite old. Actually noticed most of the younger guys are usually plumbers or electricians. Not sure if this is true. Its just something i've observed at my work sites.
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote