REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-24-2015, 07:43 PM   #51
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

OP, you must be crushed when person after person walks past you on the street without acknowledging your presence. And heaven forbid someone make eye contact and not smile.
Advertisement
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2015, 08:32 PM   #52
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
We need Tic Tac to chime in, only he can explain the inner workings of a car salesman.
Fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2015, 08:46 PM   #53
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

OPs anger made me chuckle.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2015, 11:25 AM   #54
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
and.. if you cared that much about buying an STI.. nothing should have stopped you.. just saying, someone shouldnt have to talk me into buying a car i really want. hell the sales person would have to try to stop me from purchasing an STI if i was in the financial position to buy one
No friendly greeting
No hint of satisfactory customer service (not talking fast food joints)
Rude behavior from front desk service employee

I'm still in the market for an STi but sure as hell ain't buying it from that dealership. Doubt if you were treated like shit from dealership you would too..

And sorry if I sounded like a crazy mofo. I was extremely pissed off and hadn't yet calmed down when I wrote my initial rant. Though it won't stop me from putting a negative light to the dealership in question. Already left a Yelp review and have written a letter to the Subaru head office about the incident.

More to come.. Haven't heard back from CTV's Linda Steele
NotRevSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-25-2015, 11:56 AM   #55
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRevSeen View Post
No friendly greeting
No hint of satisfactory customer service (not talking fast food joints)
Rude behavior from front desk service employee

I'm still in the market for an STi but sure as hell ain't buying it from that dealership. Doubt if you were treated like shit from dealership you would too..

And sorry if I sounded like a crazy mofo. I was extremely pissed off and hadn't yet calmed down when I wrote my initial rant. Though it won't stop me from putting a negative light to the dealership in question. Already left a Yelp review and have written a letter to the Subaru head office about the incident.

More to come.. Haven't heard back from CTV's Linda Steele

Im more than happy to bring one in for you and sell you one through my dealer.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2015, 01:09 PM   #56
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Thank you for your generous offer. I've have received some nice offers from a few members here since explaining my situation that I'm mulling over. Right now I'm at the point to basically say F-off to STEALERships and going to go the private sale route.

This is what is kickass about car forums. We're all here to look out for one another and we all have one passion: Cars.

Will have an STi before RS meet godwilling. Thats my goal, I didn't create my user name Revseen for nothing. I love this forum and I love cars.
NotRevSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-25-2015, 01:25 PM   #57
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Well there is only ONE dealership in western Canada with a 2006-2007 STi for sale and that's Willowbrook Chrysler in Langley. World Rally Blue with with gold wheels with only like 43k on it clean title local car....If you are serious you should be buying this. Probably one of the best ones around if you like WRB
brrrz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2015, 02:35 PM   #58
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
06s are the best dont get an 07
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:39 PM   #59
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
WTB: 2004-2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI

this isnt you right? looking for an 04-07 STI and will only pay $20k? lol
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #60
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,282 Times in 489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrz View Post
Well there is only ONE dealership in western Canada with a 2006-2007 STi for sale and that's Willowbrook Chrysler in Langley. World Rally Blue with with gold wheels with only like 43k on it clean title local car....If you are serious you should be buying this. Probably one of the best ones around if you like WRB
hahaha regarding this one....So I saw it when I was driving by and decided to pop in a check it out since I'm always curious as many of us on here are. Just wanted to see price and kms and if stock etc for curiosity and to pass on info to anyone looking for one. I pull in, in my 2010 sti hatch and guy immediately comes out to to ask if I'm interested, I say how I was just curious for possibly a family member and how its priced very high ($39,999 with 47k kms) especially considering Wolfe has a virtually stock '07 with 85k kms for $28,995. He says how it's an insanely fast car and no lot kids or test drives are allowed, which I say is fine since I own the same car and don't need to drive it, which he doesn't understand that the car I'm in has the same motor plus mods. I asked how many kms so he goes inside, new guy comes out in hoodie and jeans (~35-40yrs). He says that this one was the "race" version of my car and, and I quote, "This thing is faaaaast, I drove it around the other day and it would blow the doors off my 04 Ferrari, I have a Ferrari and it's nuts"....I try to hold in laughter and humor him with, "yea man, that awd will really sneak up on ya" and proceed to leave quite content with my visit to Willowbrook Chrysler.....
bcuzracecarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #61
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
So it looks like the only subaru dealership with a 07 STI is Wolfe Subaru in Langley.

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
So it looks like the only subaru dealership with a 07 STI is Wolfe Subaru in Langley.
sold last week
Old 02-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #63
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Quote:
sold last week
So where the hell did this guy see one then

None of any subaru dealers have any 06-07 STIs so this guy must have got snubbed by a chrysler dealership.

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:58 PM   #64
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
The one with a SALVAGE title on it?

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:03 PM   #65
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Op probably waits for a girl to ask him out then he gets mad when they don't , blames girl for being materialistic and then send their picture to thedirty.Com
ree666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:21 PM   #66
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
What's the point of this thread? the OP's later response (on this page) makes no sense.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:11 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
The one with a SALVAGE title on it?
Didn't have a salvage title. One of the employees had it up there as a typo and I guess never took it down. Was a US car (California) bought for the owners son. He then did not want the car anymore so it was sold at the dealership. 5 months same guy sells the car back to Wolfe. He only drove it 2,000kms in his time of ownership so he didnt have a need for it. Wolfe then now sold the same car two times in seven months...for the same price...lol....
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2015, 04:01 AM   #68
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcuzracecarz View Post
hahaha regarding this one....So I saw it when I was driving by and decided to pop in a check it out since I'm always curious as many of us on here are. Just wanted to see price and kms and if stock etc for curiosity and to pass on info to anyone looking for one. I pull in, in my 2010 sti hatch and guy immediately comes out to to ask if I'm interested, I say how I was just curious for possibly a family member and how its priced very high ($39,999 with 47k kms) especially considering Wolfe has a virtually stock '07 with 85k kms for $28,995. He says how it's an insanely fast car and no lot kids or test drives are allowed, which I say is fine since I own the same car and don't need to drive it, which he doesn't understand that the car I'm in has the same motor plus mods. I asked how many kms so he goes inside, new guy comes out in hoodie and jeans (~35-40yrs). He says that this one was the "race" version of my car and, and I quote, "This thing is faaaaast, I drove it around the other day and it would blow the doors off my 04 Ferrari, I have a Ferrari and it's nuts"....I try to hold in laughter and humor him with, "yea man, that awd will really sneak up on ya" and proceed to leave quite content with my visit to Willowbrook Chrysler.....
Geez you guys are hella fast. I've also inquired about this car, but over the phone. Saw the ad in the morning and called first thing when they opened. Car was traded in 2 days ago for a new viper. The guy I talked to wasn't very knowledgeable and full of sh*t. When asked about mods, it's "chipped, I got the box for it here and everything". When asked what brand? "I don't know" "It's also got brembos"

I made the same comment about it being too high. It's a $50k car new and you think it only depreciates 10k? I also brought up that 05 that sold really fast to build my case for their car being so ridiculously priced. I'm paraphrasing, but the guy said that he didn't see the 05, but I guarantee you that the one we have here is better. It's been in car shows!

I gave my offer to them. We shall see what they say.

To bcuzracecarz: what mods were you able to see on it?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:31 AM   #69
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
edit: nvm, its early

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?

Last edited by punkwax; 02-26-2015 at 05:40 AM.
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:10 AM   #70
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,282 Times in 489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
I only looked visually from the outside and not very closely but looked fairly stock minus the rims which are black enkeis. Also asked the unless salesman if it was stock underneath and he said he thinks it had a blowoff valve but that was it.... So from what you've said, they have no &$#@'in idea what the hell is going on
bcuzracecarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:19 AM   #71
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
I only looked visually from the outside and not very closely but looked fairly stock minus the rims which are black enkeis. Also asked the unless salesman if it was stock underneath and he said he thinks it had a blowoff valve but that was it.... So from what you've said, they have no &$#@'in idea what the hell is going on
can't expect everyone to know what they're selling. I'll have to be diligent. I'd go see for myself if langley wasn't so far away. I'll wait for pics to see if i want to pursue based on the mods i can see.

The enkei's make sense for show car worthy now
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:16 AM   #72
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
Geez you guys are hella fast. I've also inquired about this car, but over the phone. Saw the ad in the morning and called first thing when they opened. Car was traded in 2 days ago for a new viper. The guy I talked to wasn't very knowledgeable and full of sh*t. When asked about mods, it's "chipped, I got the box for it here and everything". When asked what brand? "I don't know" "It's also got brembos"

I made the same comment about it being too high. It's a $50k car new and you think it only depreciates 10k? I also brought up that 05 that sold really fast to build my case for their car being so ridiculously priced. I'm paraphrasing, but the guy said that he didn't see the 05, but I guarantee you that the one we have here is better. It's been in car shows!

I gave my offer to them. We shall see what they say.

Dealerships just make me cringe. Do these sales guys actually think these techniques sell cars? Over the phone I can forgive a little bit, but the Ferrari comments in person? What a tool.

-Dave
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2015, 10:38 AM   #73
nma
#RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA-Dave View Post
Dealerships just make me cringe. Do these sales guys actually think these techniques sell cars? Over the phone I can forgive a little bit, but the Ferrari comments in person? What a tool.

-Dave
You'd be surprised how many stupid people there are... It just sounds really dumb because most of us here know a fair bit about cars, unlike the general population...
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2015, 11:14 AM   #74
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA-Dave View Post

-Dave
How to make money selling cars;

1) Actually know what the fuck you're talking about
2) If you don't know the answer to a question, admit it. We're all human.
3) Be reasonable about following up. Not twice a day...
4) ?????
5) Literally profit... Quite a lot...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2015, 12:11 PM   #75
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nma View Post
You'd be surprised how many stupid people there are... It just sounds really dumb because most of us here know a fair bit about cars, unlike the general population...
Exactly, they just to find one stupid fanboy for any sports car and they'll sell it.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote