REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-23-2015, 02:16 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I Just Got Snubbed By Subaru Dealership!!!

So I'm fucking pissed off right now what just happened earlier on. Been in the market for an Rx-8 R3 for quite some time just can't find the right one. Unfortunately I have altogether abandoned the idea of buying an Rx8.

Now I have decided on a 06-07 STi. Hoping to get into one before RS Spring Meet. I pull up to the dealership and feel unwelcome right from the get go. A few salesman were outside and they had their hands in their pockets playing pocket pool. All the while just huddled together talking to themselves. No hi, no friendly approach to ask me if I needed help.

Then I walk into the dealership and talk to the receptionist and automatically get the stink eye ignoring treatment by the girl. Now I'm feeling infuriated. Finally ask in a non confrontational tone if I could get some help. The girl passive-aggressively just treats me like gnat, like I'm not worth her time...

After that I left. Had cheque in hand if all went well with successful test drive and we could negotiate a final price. Not going to name the dealership yet, I've already e-mailed Linda Steel @ CTV "Steel on your side". Hoping to expose this second rate bargain bin dealership.

What a fucking shitty Monday
Advertisement
NotRevSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
I know the feeling bro, I went to Starbucks today, the same one I've always been to for the last 4 years and they didn't know my order.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:24 PM   #3
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRevSeen View Post
So I'm fucking pissed off right now what just happened earlier on. Been in the market for an Rx-8 R3 for quite some time just can't find the right one. Unfortunately I have altogether abandoned the idea of buying an Rx8.

Now I have decided on a 06-07 STi. Hoping to get into one before RS Spring Meet. I pull up to the dealership and feel unwelcome right from the get go. A few salesman were outside and they had their hands in their pockets playing pocket pool. All the while just huddled together talking to themselves. No hi, no friendly approach to ask me if I needed help.

Then I walk into the dealership and talk to the receptionist and automatically get the stink eye ignoring treatment by the girl. Now I'm feeling infuriated. Finally ask in a non confrontational tone if I could get some help. The girl passive-aggressively just treats me like gnat, like I'm not worth her time...

After that I left. Had cheque in hand if all went well with successful test drive and we could negotiate a final price. Not going to name the dealership yet, I've already e-mailed Linda Steel @ CTV "Steel on your side". Hoping to expose this second rate bargain bin dealership.

Maybe you should've confronted the salesman who were huddled talking to each other... Be a dick to them, tell em you have a check written for the right car, wave it under their noses a bit. That'll get em scrambling over each other to help you.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #4
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:

You didn't get ripped off.. just got real shitty service. Don't expect much of a response from Linda Steele... especially if you spelled her name wrong in your email

Take your business elsewhere.

/thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
Xul
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

If they're going passive aggressive, do the same. Start trying to open car doors on the lot and set off the panic alarms until someone comes up an says "Can I help you?"

BOOM! Service.
Xul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:28 PM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
wow, everyone must have already exceeded their February numbers..
Old 02-23-2015, 02:35 PM   #7
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Is it because maybe you stink?
rufCTR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #8
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

You know how many people go dick around at a car dealership? If you want to be taken seriously, call and make an appointment with someone before you show up, watch how much better the service is then.

Its probably my fault.
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:41 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Kids nowadays need to grow thicker skin.

McDonalds skimps on my napkins all the time. Should I go to the internet/social media to share my experience? No, I go grab another fucking napkin.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:00 PM   #10
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

what were you hoping for linda to help you with?
ree666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:01 PM   #11
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Go to the sales person direct. That's why they stand there. Say something assertive like "'Scuse me, I want to test drive this sti, if I like it, I have a check in hand for the purchase today." If they still mope around hearing you say that, move on.

They have so many lookiloos coming in and out of the dealer everyday and unless you show them some sign of seriousness, they won't bother. The receptionist won't do much more than call a sales guy over for you, they don't have a sales quota so they won't care. Why waste your own time?

Steele on your side is when you, as a consumer, get ripped off, not for tattling on some bad customer service.

By not outting the name of the dealer what is the point of posting here? Just to vent and rant? Is it Richmond Subaru? 'Cause the last guy who truly got messed with by a dealer posted Richmond subaru that messed up and that did the community a favor.

Don't turn into this lady:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29498350/n...ver-mcnuggets/
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2015, 03:02 PM   #12
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Quote:
I've already e-mailed Linda Steel @ CTV "Steel on your side". Hoping to expose this second rate bargain bin dealership.
lol
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #13
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Kids nowadays need to grow thicker skin.

McDonalds skimps on my napkins all the time. Should I go to the internet/social media to share my experience? No, I go grab another fucking napkin.
or how what about when they forget to put your straw in the bag at the drive through...

Spoiler!

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2015, 03:12 PM   #14
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
By not outting the name of the dealer what is the point of posting here? Just to vent and rant? Is it Richmond Subaru? 'Cause the last guy who truly got messed with by a dealer posted Richmond subaru that messed up and that did the community a favor.
We don't have any 06-07 STI's

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #15
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
POST THE DEALERNAME

THEN EMAIL THE SALES MANAGER

THEN NEXT TIME DO IT WITHOUT MAKING A THREAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2015, 03:24 PM   #16
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Hi OP,

I've taken the pleasure of helping you write a letter to get extensive coverage in regards to your experience.

Quote:
Dear Ms. On Your Side,

I recently visited a Subaru dealership in hopes to buy a car. I must point out that I require a car before an internet meet so I had a blank cheque in hand, hoping to walk away with a car that same day. It was critical that service was provided.

When I walked in, nobody acknowledged me. Not even a glance. The salesmen had their hands down their pants, playing pocket pool. The receptionist was even worse. She gave me a glare when I asked for help.

I left the dealership, with a blank cheque in hand, and no car for my internet meet.

Please help a fellow Vancouverite out this dealership for your next story! I suggest the headline "Subaru dealership doesn't provide service to man! Man has to go to another dealership!".

I hope you can help me out, I've heard you've been able to help lots of fellow unfortunate Vancouverites!

I've already warned my fellow internet car enthusiasts of this dealership however I am asking for your help and expertise!

Sincerely,

No Service
rufCTR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:28 PM   #17
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
I've already e-mailed Linda Steel @ CTV "Steel on your side". Hoping to expose this second rate bargain bin dealership.
Please post email so that we can make fun of you some more.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:32 PM   #18
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
customers arnt just first come first serve, dealerships work in an order, if sales person A got the last customer, sales person B gets the next.. so unless B was standing there C,D,E, and F arnt going to rush to help you. i agree they should have said hi, but 95% of people who go to dealerships arnt there to buy and will waste hours of a sales persons day just out of curiosity not realizing that sales person could have made real sales throughout the time some people are willing to waste

you also need to realize many sales people work on an appointment basis. a few of them standing outside could have been waiting for their appointments or customers to return from test drives.. its kinda your fault for not approaching a sales person.

and.. if you cared that much about buying an STI.. nothing should have stopped you.. just saying, someone shouldnt have to talk me into buying a car i really want. hell the sales person would have to try to stop me from purchasing an STI if i was in the financial position to buy one

Last edited by snails; 02-23-2015 at 03:58 PM.
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2015, 03:42 PM   #19
I don't get it

so just because of this, you didn't buy a hawkeye sti? i wouldve done the opposite to surprise those snobs.

BAM! ive got money! come and get it! sometimes you might even get a better deal that way
a00755836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:48 PM   #20
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Your fly was probably open so they ignored you
Old 02-23-2015, 03:54 PM   #21

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
^Peepee stank
Spoiler!

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:56 PM   #22
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
rmb to tell the dean too
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2015, 04:10 PM   #23
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I'm going to start paying some Taiwanese 3D News company to render some of the threads in here

OP SEE SAA SHU SEE MO SA DAS SEEE CHUI JUU

(OP goes to Subaru to buy a RX-8 R3 and gets disrespected)
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2015, 05:46 PM   #24
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,099 Times in 168 Posts
When I pull into a dealership, leave me alone. If I need help, I will ask for it. Nothing turns me off more than sales men slithering around spewing specs that they the read of the sheet which they are wrong most of the time.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #25

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
We need Tofu to chime in, only he can explain the inner workings of a car salesman.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: