REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 03-06-2015, 03:41 PM   #51
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Nice type S wing. I still have your mugen wing...sanded down...in the house...
LOL..are you serious..didnt you buy it from me like 2 years ago??
Advertisement
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:42 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by european View Post
^^
hah! I remember those photos from old VPC.com days
I fear that no one will buy mine as well.

Nice Prelude
Yep I use to be the Post king on VPC..lol. That was many moons ago. I'm going to keep my current lude till my two sons are old enough to drive. which is like 14 years from now..haha.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Same fears here, nobody seems to want Preludes anymore so selling ours might be tricky. 138k, mint interior, stock aside from a CAI, paint is a little faded and the clear is going on the roof but I'm doubting we'll get anyone serious for $6k. If we can't get at least 6 for it I'll just chuck new suspension on it and DD it til the end of time.
2004-2006 TLs are going for 8gs..if your lude is in good condition than your better off keeping it
Old 03-06-2015, 03:44 PM   #54

and yes i dont know how to use the multi qoute button thing..lol
Old 03-06-2015, 06:05 PM   #55
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
2004-2006 TLs are going for 8gs..if your lude is in good condition than your better off keeping it
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, gf bought it as an auto with 90k in '09 from a dealer in Richmond, back when car prices were really high for $10k. She doesn't want to take a huge loss on it even though it's been 6 years and the only issue outside of regular maintenance was the trans. I mean even with the cost of the swap we're into it for $12k, if it sold for $5k it's only cost us a bit over a grand a year for depreciation and repairs, that's pretty damn good imo.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:59 PM   #56
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
All this Prelude talk makes me want to keep mine and mod again, haha..

I like this photo

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2015, 07:16 AM   #57
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregboat View Post
Is yours the black one on the grey rims? That was for sale on Craigslist in Surrey?
Not in Surrey I dont think. Langley/Abby/Chilliwack. But yes, black on 5 spoke gun metal rims with polished lip.

Took 3 years for the build. Over 16k in parts under the hood and countless hours of labour to get it done. Pics of all the parts, receipts, pics of the build and the best I have got for an offer is 5k.
Its helping to fund the wedding so I will be getting rid of it in the next month or so at whatever I can get for it but it sucks that these cars are so devalued yet such great cars.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:42 AM   #58
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
Not in Surrey I dont think. Langley/Abby/Chilliwack. But yes, black on 5 spoke gun metal rims with polished lip.

Took 3 years for the build. Over 16k in parts under the hood and countless hours of labour to get it done. Pics of all the parts, receipts, pics of the build and the best I have got for an offer is 5k.
Its helping to fund the wedding so I will be getting rid of it in the next month or so at whatever I can get for it but it sucks that these cars are so devalued yet such great cars.
Wow. That's brutal...
You've built such an awesome car. Congrats on the wedding btw!
Gregboat is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2015, 07:55 AM   #59
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Wow. That's brutal...
You've built such an awesome car. Congrats on the wedding btw!
Thanks and thanks haha.

Yeah. Since my first car (88 2.0 S) I wanted a 5th gen. I remember meeting up with a few VPC members back in the day and going for a rip in a 5th gen back when they were rather new. I knew then I wanted one so when I go one I kind of went nuts building it hahaha.
But now I have 2 kids, house, job and no more time for the car. Just does not fit in with the lifestyle any more.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #60

Quote:
Thanks and thanks haha.

Yeah. Since my first car (88 2.0 S) I wanted a 5th gen. I remember meeting up with a few VPC members back in the day and going for a rip in a 5th gen back when they were rather new. I knew then I wanted one so when I go one I kind of went nuts building it hahaha.
But now I have 2 kids, house, job and no more time for the car. Just does not fit in with the lifestyle any more.
Haha That's awesome. When I was 10, my neighbor who was like 25 had bought one that was few years old, and I thought it was the best car I had ever seen. Since that day I knew I wanted one, and after working for 2 years part time through grade 11 and 12, I bought one. It was pretty funny when all my peers were going nuts about DX Civics and 2.0l Jettas/Golfs and how low they could get them all I cared about was getting a Prelude then making it faster and faster lol, I guess its just different mindsets.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:49 AM   #61
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

This thread makes me miss my 99 Crystal Metallic Blue Type SH. I went to one of the VPC meets 2 years ago in White Rock. That was pretty fun.

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
This thread makes me miss my 99 Crystal Metallic Blue Type SH. I went to one of the VPC meets 2 years ago in White Rock. That was pretty fun.
What are you driving now? and how does it compare to the Prelude?
Old 03-07-2015, 09:12 AM   #63
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
What are you driving now? and how does it compare to the Prelude?
I drive a 07 mazdaspeed 3 now. I like the speed a lot better than the prelude, it's a lot faster, way more spacious and just in general a better car(imo). But i'm a little bias, i didn't really like the 5gen preludes that much, i just bought the car because i needed something to DD for a while.

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:19 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
I drive a 07 mazdaspeed 3 now. I like the speed a lot better than the prelude, it's a lot faster, way more spacious and just in general a better car(imo). But i'm a little bias, i didn't really like the 5gen preludes that much, i just bought the car because i needed something to DD for a while.
I drove a one of those Mazda's a dew months ago, they certainly are quick. I love the way the turbo comes on. A little too much torque steer for my liking, but I guess that's what happens when you feed that much torque through a FWD car.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #65
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:

I think I remember seeing yours! Black with a wing that I couldn't identify, and a set of beautiful racing hart wheels?!

EDIT: didn't even read your post properly and then literally 2 minutes later I came across your post...definitely not the car I was thinking regardless, the car looks amazing

Last edited by aj94; 03-07-2015 at 12:54 PM.
aj94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #66

You guys should really come to the meet at Ironwood plaza tomorrow night starting at 7. I'm gonna be taking me car there and would love to meet some other Prelude owners.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:55 PM   #67
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
You guys should really come to the meet at Ironwood plaza tomorrow night starting at 7. I'm gonna be taking me car there and would love to meet some other Prelude owners.
I would but my car is in the worst possible condition right now. No back seats, no trunk lining, and dirty as hell. I might attempt to spend the morning cleaning and putting it back together, so if that works out I'll definitely consider it
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2015, 01:07 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj94 View Post
I would but my car is in the worst possible condition right now. No back seats, no trunk lining, and dirty as hell. I might attempt to spend the morning cleaning and putting it back together, so if that works out I'll definitely consider it
With weather like this we don't have any excuses for not doing work on our cars!

It would definitely be nice to get a small Prelude community up and running again. Even if its a simple thread on Revscene or pirating off of one of the already existing weekly meets. Just because VPC is basically dead doesn't mean that the whole Prelude community must die with it.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2015, 03:06 PM   #69
I LIKE JDM!!

I totally want a forth gen now. hah

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2015, 03:11 PM   #70

That top picture is an actual BC car isn't it?
Old 03-07-2015, 05:52 PM   #71
I LIKE JDM!!

^
Yup! Most of the parts from that vehicle where sold to this guy who is now selling his car, hah.

1992 Prelude SRV

If I remember correctly, he bought the shell along with some parts and transferred over parts from his older lude. Looks almost identical.

I just washed my 5th gen then started it for a bit. Damn it looks so good after a wash, hah. I'm starting to regret selling it but oh well, I kind of want a forth gen.... or a tesla! leaning towards the tesla

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2015, 06:43 PM   #72
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Good god that looks good!
DGN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:29 PM   #73
I LIKE JDM!!

Yea, Preludes can be really nice when done up right.

Spoiler!

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2015, 10:37 PM   #74
I am Hook'd on RS

Mesh design wheels on a prelude
Old 03-07-2015, 10:48 PM   #75
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts
Quote:
^
Yup! Most of the parts from that vehicle where sold to this guy who is now selling his car, hah.

1992 Prelude SRV

If I remember correctly, he bought the shell along with some parts and transferred over parts from his older lude. Looks almost identical.

I just washed my 5th gen then started it for a bit. Damn it looks so good after a wash, hah. I'm starting to regret selling it but oh well, I kind of want a forth gen.... or a tesla! leaning towards the tesla

So Im starting school in April, and am looking to either TRADE OR SELL my beloved prelude! This car has never broken down on me or never let me down! The engine is still a verry strong engine. Always turning heads wherever I go. Looking to trade for something like a 2008 civic si, or a mazda speed3 or anything along those lines. Nothing like asking me for a trade though worst I could say is no! willing to ad cash on my end

I love how sellers say they need to sell the car for school yet mention they're willing to trade plus cash on their side....