REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-04-2015, 08:42 PM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

ICBC screwing me over

I am extremely pissed off with ICBC.. bought and insured a new mazda a few days ago. while paying for my insurance I was told that my insurance had dropped from 43percent savings to 30percent due to an accident back from 2006. I have always had a clean record and never had this issue in all the years iv insured cars..

This 2006 accident involved a woman from the US running a stop sign. All said and done ICBC found that it was her fault.

So I called ICBC to figure out what was going on.. only to have me transferred 3 times because the first 2 couldn't "find my file" finaly the Burnaby location found it and said " I don't know what exactly going on with that claim.. il get my manager to call you back"
Iv called again and again with no answer from any managers..
Im paying an extra 13% premium and have to pay 500+$ because of their "lost" claim. ... Have any of you had this issue?

Im so f'n frustrated..
Advertisement
mr2mr2mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2015, 08:46 PM   #2
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Appeal how you were treated

Escalate it through the channels listed. Keep going up until you get timely responses and information on your case...but DO go through each step in the process. The process is aimed at people who feel their claims weren't handled correctly, which is sort of the case in your situation...but you can probably read the list and sort out your own protocol.

-Dave
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:25 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2mr2mr2 View Post
Im paying an extra 13% premium and have to pay 500+$ because of their "lost" claim. ... Have any of you had this issue?

Im so f'n frustrated..

Yes many years ago a bus driver opened his door and hit the back of a 5 ton truck I was driving. Witnesses all were on my side, etc etc. Nothing happened for like 10 years. Then one day when renewing my insurance this old accident came up and I had to call ICBC multiple times and fight them to take it off my record. They "lost" and then "found" it again and conveniently "lost" it for awhile. Anyways for a few hours I was stranded at the autoplan until finally someone I was transferred to admitted it was their error.

Sounds like you're getting bent over! Call and fight it tomorrow!!!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:59 PM   #4
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
ICBC rant:

When my GTI got hijacked and crashed last summer they said the claim centre "lost the paperwork" for my car so it sat there for weeks unattended without being assessed.

Once they finally got to it they said "Sorry we don't do estimations on a special car." What the fuck is special about my VW hatchback? Sent it to the bodyshop, 5 minute walk around "Obvious total loss".

/end ICBC rant

Last edited by swfk; 03-04-2015 at 10:46 PM.
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2015, 10:14 PM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swfk View Post
ICBC rant:

When my GTI got hijacked and crashed last summer they said the claim centre "lost the paper" work for my car so it sat there for weeks unattended without being assessed.

Once they finally got to it they said "Sorry we don't do estimations on a special car." What the fuck is special about my VW hatchback? Sent it to the bodyshop, 5 minute walk around "Obvious total loss".

/end ICBC rant
Your GTI was special though...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2015, 11:36 PM   #6
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Your GTI was special though...
the driver was special
Old 03-04-2015, 11:41 PM   #7
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
Cho
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2015, 07:51 AM   #8
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
A buddy had a Grand Cherokee SRT-8 that was written off, and he was deemed 0% at fault. About a month later he picks up an STi and goes to insure it, he has an at fault accident on record.

Took something like six months to get that mess sorted out...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:23 AM   #9
I bringith the lowerballerith

Patience, ICBC sucks but it sounds like you have a strong case. They have made multiple clerical errors with me over the years and it sometimes takes longer than 3 days to figure out.
jaretron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:38 AM   #10
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
why is ICBC keep having these issues? It makes me wonder if it has anything to do with this?

Anonymous (group) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:24 AM   #11
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

A client tried to tell me that this above mentioned 'Anonymous' group is why the ICBC system went down all of last night. Really, it was just ICBC's network provider had a server outage.

Anyways, as CCA-Dave mentioned, escalate through the appropriate channels until you've got it straightened out. Sorry to hear about your issues.
jdmfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:48 PM   #12
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Post your issue up on the Icbc twitter page. Do it respectfully and you will get a response back quick. Usually within 24hrs.

I was getting nowhere with calling in to the 1800 number. Got passed along from CSR to CSR and got fed up. Posted up the lack of help I got on their twitter page and got a response back the following day.

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:25 PM   #13
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmfemme View Post
A client tried to tell me that this above mentioned 'Anonymous' group is why the ICBC system went down all of last night. Really, it was just ICBC's network provider had a server outage.
Interesting...what kind of client was he/she? Was it a reliable source? I'm just curious if that's really what happened because clearly people are thinking Anonymous was the reason why ICBC is having a glitch.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-06-2015, 12:56 PM   #14
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

On a related note to ICBC, my sister in law received a mail from ICBC, claiming she was involved in a Hit and Run incident last month and found her 100% at fault. The letter never mentioned what vehicle was involved, and at what time.

1. She was never in any accident or hit and runs.
2. She called ICBC back to clarify wtf is going on.
3. ICBC said it was reported she was involved in Hit and Run at Richmond Centre
4. She asked when, they said February 15th.
5. She said she was at work and has proof and evidence of that.
6. ICBC then wanted to clarify her vehicle and asked "You were driving a Red Ford Focus correct?"

7. She doesn't even have a RED ford focus, she drives a SILVER Honda Civic.
8. ICBC then said the onus is on you to prove you don't drive a RED ford focus, and prove you were at work during that incident.

My assumption is that whoever reported the Hit and Run, notated an incorrect license plate number and it came back to her.

How difficult is it for ICBC to check the license plate numbers and match which vehicles were registered to which owners??
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:46 PM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
If thats true than its total incompetence on ICBC's part. Why would I have to prove what car I own when you look up my drivers license number it tells you what vehicle I have registered under my name. If ICBC is really this incompetent then I could make up a license plate 123-ABC and say that person hit and ran me. but from my personal experience, ICBC asks the owner of the vehicle to go to a bodyshop and match up damages. Its only if you ignore their calls they deem you 100% at fault

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:10 PM   #16
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

This sounds like a computer glitch. ICBC is migrating to a new system. I wonder if it's related.
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:59 PM   #17
I don't get it

Not everyone at ICBC is incompetent and i would assume the person who sent that letter is either new or has a seriously low IQ. It boils down to common sense and training... It's a serious nightmare right now in the claims division.

A simple, "send me a photo of your car with the plate on the front and also the VIN number" would confirm it isn't the car.