REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-13-2015, 11:40 AM   #1
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Rich kid crashes Benz, and almost dies. We try to figure out the model.

So, what kind of Benz is it?

Quote:
VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – A teenager is in intensive care after a high-speed crash in Vancouver early yesterday morning.

Police say a car may have been upwards of 150 km/h on Southwest Marine and 57th Avenue before it slammed into a yard.

Constable Brian Montague says the driver is okay, but the 17-year-old passenger has serious injuries.

“Facial fractures, broken arm, head trauma, brain swelling,” he lists. “And I think they’re concerned about potential damage to one or both of his eyes.”

“Our investigators have obtained evidence to show that he was travelling at least double the speed limit. We’re continuing to work on the investigation to corroborate some other evidence that we have that would suggest that he was travelling in excess of three times the speed limit.”

There’s no word yet on charges against the 18-year-old novice driver.

From the CBC.
Quote:
Two teens were pulled from their crumpled Mercedes AMG Sunday morning by firefighters after they lost control, went airborne, and crashed into a tree two metres above ground.
The 18 year old driver of the Mercedes is seriously injured but conscious, while the 17-year-old male passenger is in critical condition, said Vancouver Fire and Rescue Acting Battalion Chief Bob Hollier.

“It was apparent that it was airborne when it struck the trees,” Hollier said. “They were taken to hospital. They were conscious at the time of the extraction.”

The speedometer of the Mercedes was stuck at 180 km/h – a sign of how fast the car may have been going along Southwest Marine drive.

The Mercedes crashed into a tree two metres above ground off of Southwest Marine Drive. Police evidence markers showed how while the road curved right at 57th Avenue, the car kept going straight. The car hit a copse of trees to the west of the roadway at around 4:20 in the morning. Pieces of the car could be seen spread out over the roadway. There wasn’t a lot of traffic at the time, and police speculated no one called for help right away.

“Sounds like they may have been there for some time before being discovered,” Vancouver Police Const. Brian Montague said.
On the other side of Kerrisdale, a Ford Mustang flipped at 41st Avenue and Angus Drive at 5:45 am.

The driver and his female passenger weren’t seriously hurt, though the driver can be seen crumpling to the ground after being told something by police.
He was taken away on a stretcher.

Resident Carolyn MacFarlane said she’s seen too many crashes on that stretch of road.
“We tend to see a lot of accidents because people come screaming down 41st,” she said.
She said that includes an SUV carrying 7 high school aged teens that spun out and hit her property in 2005.
“It’s obviously not safe. We have [traffic] rules for a reason,” said MacFarlane.
About 35 people under 21 are killed each year in car crashes in BC. Some 6,900 are injured, and 70 per cent are male. They crash at more than twice the rate of other adults.

Advertisement

Last edited by originalhypa; 04-13-2015 at 11:53 AM.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #2
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

C63 Edition 507

http://www.revscene.net/forums/65475...hread-488.html
capt_slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:48 AM   #3
they call me the snowman

Okay, I feel a bit stupid now. But in my defense there were no pics in that thread.

So what is an Edition 507?

Quote:
Available in saloon and estate versions too, in coupe form as tested the Edition 507 could be considered a Black Series lite, with nearly the same power and pace but lacking the more wild mods such as the 40mm/79mm increase in front/rear track, flared body, fully adjustable coilover suspension and standard limited-slip diff.
All of the more powerful C63s - Performance Pack, DR520, Black and 507 alike - get the SLS-donated engine upgrades, meaning forged pistons and con-rods and a lightweight crank. Losing three kilos from these components not only increases the tuning headroom, it also increases response and means the big V8 revs up faster and more cleanly. So, yes, you want your C63 to have that box ticked, basically.

We got a ticking off for saying the C63 Coupe was like a traditional muscle car last time we tested it but ... it is. OK, it's not built by rednecks and you don't need to wear a stars'n'stripes bandana to drive it. But the influence is clear, even if it's got a somewhat broader operating window. You know, one that includes going round corners as well as blitzing quarter miles.
ugh, such a waste.....
Old 04-13-2015, 11:48 AM   #4
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
poor passengers.. always get it the worse.
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:51 AM   #5

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts

Kids these days still show off by speeding?

Hope the passenger is recovers quickly...
Old 04-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #6
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
Bad Mercedes Crashes in Kerrisdale, Teens badly hurt

Teen badly hurt when car crashes in Kerrisdale, sits unnoticed for nearly an hour

Quote:
VANCOUVER - A 17-year-old boy is in intensive care after the car that he was riding in crashed into a front yard in Kerrisdale early Sunday morning.

It took nearly an hour after the 3 a.m. collision before anyone noticed the vehicle on the property on SW Marine Drive near 57th Avenue and called for help.

The driver of the vehicle has been treated in hospital and released, but the teenage passenger remains in serious condition with head trauma, broken bones in his face, brain swelling, a broken arm and possible eye damage.

"This kid was just a passenger in the car, but he ended up with very serious injuries," Vancouver police spokesman Const. Brian Montague said in a news release.

"Drivers need to remember that they are responsible not only for themselves, but for their passengers and everyone else on the road."

Police believe the vehicle was speeding at the time of the crash. No charges have been laid and the investigation is ongoing.
So many things I want to say about this, but I will just keep my mouth shut and stick to what has been reported so far. According to a local Chinese newspaper (Ming Pao), the Mercedes was reportedly "airborne" and slammed against some trees. The speedometer has also been shown to remain stuck at almost 180km/h. This is the link from Ming Pao:

撞樹反肚 溫西兩炮彈飛車
司機均年輕 17歲乘客危殆 - Ming Pao Canada Vancouver Chinese Newspaper

There are pictures in both the Vancouver Sun and Ming Pao link, and they aren't pretty.

Last edited by Traum; 04-13-2015 at 12:02 PM.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:56 AM   #7
they call me the snowman

So true...
The CBC says that the passenger was female and is in critical condition. That is a pair of families who are going through hell right now. But that said, who the fuck is paying for this car?

Give any of us at 18, a 507 hp car that is known for cooking rear tires, and RS would be a much smaller place right now.

RIP to a limited edition. Hope that is all that is lost in this crash.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:58 AM   #8
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
well i guess ill be the first to say it. they're lucky they aren't dead. they may have crashed at 180 but they were going faster before losing control. i see this almost all the time with young kids driving these new fast ass car. they don't drive them responsibly and at the end of they day, their parents will buy them another M or AMG car.

i remember my first car having 280 ish hp and i wrecked that in two months. the day i tasted 700+hp was the day i learned to drive safe. 17/18 is too damn young for cars like these. they're not mature enough

blame the parents
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:00 PM   #9
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Parents are 100% to blame. Fucking irresponsible. For fucks sake man. No words to explain how hearing shit like this makes me feel
Old 04-13-2015, 12:02 PM   #10
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
I recognize that 507.....

The kid tailed me.. proceeds to pull up right beside my evo and peels it at the stop light... well over 100km/h hitting north bound from marine all the way to 49th...

maybe its the same kid

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:03 PM   #11
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
bmw and merc still amaze me.

you'll live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2015, 12:04 PM   #12
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
I recognize that 507.....

The kid tailed me.. proceeds to pull up right beside my evo and peels it at the stop light... well over 100km/h hitting north bound from marine all the way to 49th...

maybe its the same kid
i had the same thing happen to me. i feel like its the same kid.
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2015, 12:05 PM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post

Kids these days still show off by speeding?

Hope the passenger is recovers quickly...
kids? i have a cousin who drives like a complete lunatic in his type s TL and he's 28. guy thinks he owns the fucking road or something..
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #14
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
how many threads do we need about this?
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-13-2015, 12:08 PM   #15
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
i hear all the time "driver never dies"

there are exceptions, but damn, their poor families
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:10 PM   #16
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,186 Times in 7,166 Posts
The thing that sucks most of all, is when one of these fucks hit anyone who's not in a 100k new car with top of the line safety features, they live, and the dude in his civic heading to work driving the speed limit is splattered on their hood while his car is in 2 pieces 150 meters away. I REALLY believe that there should be special programs and licensing for cars that have over 300hp (or somewhere around there, someone who does research can determine what is safe.) These cars take such an insanely short time before a stupid decision can go from fender bender to gruesome multiple fatality territory. A time far too short for an uneducated brain to process the consequences.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #17
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
bmw and merc still amaze me.

you'll live.
I agree. After reading the news report and seeing that pile of scrap metal, it just boggles my mind that these 2 kids are not dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
how many threads do we need about this?
Was there another thread already? I did a quick check before posting, but I didn't see it.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:17 PM   #18
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

They were not noticed for an hour? I thought the once the airbag deploys, the car automatically sends an SOS to emergency services?

Also, kids shouldn't be driving such powerful cars in the first place. I don't think "the kid was just a passenger" either. Often times it's the passengers that egg the driver on to do such reckless stunts.
Gee.Tee.Ar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2015, 12:18 PM   #19

Quote:
The thing that sucks most of all, is when one of these fucks hit anyone who's not in a 100k new car with top of the line safety features, they live, and the dude in his civic heading to work driving the speed limit is splattered on their hood while his car is in 2 pieces 150 meters away. I REALLY believe that there should be special programs and licensing for cars that have over 300hp (or somewhere around there, someone who does research can determine what is safe.) These cars take such an insanely short time before a stupid decision can go from fender bender to gruesome multiple fatality territory. A time far too short for an uneducated brain to process the consequences.
phew. my car is rated at "280ps" from the factory

On a serious note, anyone behind the wheel of no matter how many horsepowers, two or four wheels is basically driving a death machine in the wrong hands. I think it would call for stricter licensing tests and practices.

This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2015, 12:18 PM   #20
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
That's what they used to think in Japan.

They had 280hp restriction due to saferty concern. Interesting enough, that rule only applied to Japanese domestic vehicles. So American/European car got away with it.

After extensive research, they found out that horsepower had NOTHING to do with accident rate.

Just because you drive a 250hp Silvia or MR2, doesn't mean you are safer than 450hp Maserati or Aston Martin.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2015, 12:18 PM   #21
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Didn't that happen a year or so ago? It definitely local, and was also a Mercedes who was ripping it on a bridge and rear ended an older Honda who was doing the speed limit (I believe it was a Del Sol or similar)...

...needless to say, the Honda occupant(s?) died and the Mercedes driver walked away with minor injuries.

Unfortunately there's no stopping things like this, even if the gov't somehow banned the registration of high-powered cars to people without special licensing/GLP requirements, there will still be the problem of 1-2 ton lifted pickups driven by the same demographics (that is, young, male, and stupid) of people who IMO pose an even greater threat.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it (http://bc.ctvnews.ca/1-dead-1-detain...rash-1.1940121)
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2015, 12:25 PM   #22
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Just because you drive a 250hp Silvia or MR2, doesn't mean you are safer than 450hp Maserati or Aston Martin.
Unfortunately that is true.
I knew a guy who would buy POS hondas back in the day because he knew he was going to crash them at some point in time. I rode with him once, and that was the last time. Weaving through traffic, 110km in a 50 zone, etc. Idiots will crash regardless of what they drive. But buddy in the Civic never killed anyone, because he could never go 180kmh in his cars.

The thing that hp gives the unskilled driver is the ability to move far faster than they should be moving, in a very short amount of time.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2015, 12:27 PM   #23

Yeah that was the example I was alluding to, without using it directly. The difference is, with the truck argument, a brodozer truck is nowhere near as catastrophic as the impact caused by speed, nor is it as common as the high powered luxury cars. The high school physics is escaping me, but when we are talking about applied force, speed is a greater factor. Also, although many dumb fucks drive those trucks, those few extra seconds that it takes to get to a ridiculous rate of speed is sometimes enough time for the brain to play out a scenario in the persons mind of the consequences.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2015, 12:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post

The thing that hp gives the unskilled driver is the ability to move far faster than they should be moving, in a very short amount of time.
Thats the biggest point in my argument. Shit can go sideways so much faster than the brain can process in these high horsepower cars. Ever ridden in a GTR, or a turbo S or any of these other acceleration monsters? You literally blink and you are going 100. Sneeze and all of a sudden you are going 180. Its fucking insanity.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2015, 12:32 PM   #25

The 507 is no slouch. just has problems putting the power down. that 6.2 is a gem.