REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2015, 09:32 PM   #26
I help report spam so I got this! <--
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,505
Thanked 909 Times in 417 Posts
80 year old lady. Cut your loss and move on my friend.
Advertisement
Nlkko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:33 PM   #27
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,603
Thanked 16,829 Times in 3,951 Posts
this is true, have your parents pay her to leave maybe?
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:47 PM   #28
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
SSM_DC5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,576
Thanked 386 Times in 156 Posts
Have you read this thread yet? http://www.revscene.net/forums/68903...-landlord.html

some useful info:
"Basic things to remember/know:
-Payment of rent is due on the 1st of the month…every month regardless of Sundays, weekends, holidays, bank holidays, or any other excuse a tenant will use. It rent is not paid by 12:01am on the 2nd, it is late. You can issue this notice that will give the tenant 5 days to pay: http://www.rto.gov.bc.ca/documents/RTB-30.pdf. If they have not paid or filed to fight the notice within those 5 day, they will be forced to move.
-If a tenant is late 3 times within a short period of time (12 months), that tenant can be evicted without warning by using this form: http://www.rto.gov.bc.ca/documents/RTB-33.pdf. This RTB-33 form can also be used to evict a tenant for cause.
- Read these notices, understand these notices, and make sure these notices are issued as they should to avoid them being thrown out in court.
-Documenting everything is imperative should your case go to court. You have the burden of proof.
-Arbitration is a complicated process, but if you know what you are doing, you will be successful.
-Sometimes, no matter how well you vet a tenant, how great their references are, and how great they present themselves, we have all been screwed at one point. A few of them always slip through and you shouldn’t feel bad about it. "
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2015, 09:53 PM   #29
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 192
Thanked 365 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Just a little more information please:

1) What was the tenancy period? Month to month? A year? 6 months?

2) Have you documented the written notices that you've given them? Notice to pay or vacate, notice to vacate, etc.

You need to get on with a dispute resolution as soon as possible. The sooner you do it, the sooner you will be able to get your Order of Possession.

The key for you with this dispute resolution will be to ensure that you've given proper notice and have given them the statutory time frame to act on the notice.

You might want to use the Proof of Service form found on the BC Residential Tenancy website.
1) The tenancy period is month to month

2) The appropriate notices from the RTA has been filled out and given to the scammer. Good statutory time frame was provided also.

I am curious to know how the Order of Possession is obtained? I know I need to go file forms and go up the chain, but who are which agency do I go through with?
Gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:03 PM   #30
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 192
Thanked 365 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
Have you read this thread yet? http://www.revscene.net/forums/68903...-landlord.html

some useful info:
"Basic things to remember/know:
-Payment of rent is due on the 1st of the month…every month regardless of Sundays, weekends, holidays, bank holidays, or any other excuse a tenant will use. It rent is not paid by 12:01am on the 2nd, it is late. You can issue this notice that will give the tenant 5 days to pay: http://www.rto.gov.bc.ca/documents/RTB-30.pdf. If they have not paid or filed to fight the notice within those 5 day, they will be forced to move.
-If a tenant is late 3 times within a short period of time (12 months), that tenant can be evicted without warning by using this form: http://www.rto.gov.bc.ca/documents/RTB-33.pdf. This RTB-33 form can also be used to evict a tenant for cause.
- Read these notices, understand these notices, and make sure these notices are issued as they should to avoid them being thrown out in court.
-Documenting everything is imperative should your case go to court. You have the burden of proof.
-Arbitration is a complicated process, but if you know what you are doing, you will be successful.
-Sometimes, no matter how well you vet a tenant, how great their references are, and how great they present themselves, we have all been screwed at one point. A few of them always slip through and you shouldn’t feel bad about it. "

Thanks for the link, yup I have. Really facepalmed myself after reading the info in that thread..

Btw, does anyone know what happened to Dinosaur and GridLock? they seemed to have vanished for a long long time..
Gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:12 PM   #31
Wanna have a threesome?
 
MindBomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Squamish
Posts: 4,886
Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Dino and Grid were banned from Revscene.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:13 PM   #32
The RS Freebie guru
 
InvisibleSoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: East Vancouver
Posts: 22,029
Thanked 2,489 Times in 859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo View Post
Btw, does anyone know what happened to Dinosaur and GridLock? they seemed to have vanished for a long long time..
They had a major falling out with other RevScene members.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:18 PM   #33
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,488
Thanked 1,499 Times in 415 Posts
uh, if the tenancy was month to month, end the tenancy at the end of this month. give her notice that you will not be renewing tenancy.

an alternative method, but more work needed, the landlord can claim personal use and give 2 months notice and end the tenancy. this however will lose you rental income.

Two Month Notice - Landlord Notice

these 2 routes will definitely be shorter than anything else that has been mentioned.
__________________
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:20 PM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
parm104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,779
Thanked 2,599 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
80 year old lady. Cut your loss and move on my friend.
Cut your loss and move on?

Like he should sell his house and move? Or just pretend like she's not there even though she's living in the house?
__________________
Clicky Clicky For my Feedback
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2015, 10:24 PM   #35
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 16,338
Thanked 5,611 Times in 2,300 Posts
when she's not home do unspeakable things to her food, pillow, toothbrush...that should get her going fast.

80 years old or not she sounds experienced given that the moving company also got a bounced cheque.

If it was a legitimate sob story she would've communicated with your parents first.
__________________
My BST Feedback
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:31 PM   #36
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 192
Thanked 365 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
uh, if the tenancy was month to month, end the tenancy at the end of this month. give her notice that you will not be renewing tenancy.

an alternative method, but more work needed, the landlord can claim personal use and give 2 months notice and end the tenancy. this however will lose you rental income.

Two Month Notice - Landlord Notice

these 2 routes will definitely be shorter than anything else that has been mentioned.
Great advice, me and my parents are doing everything we can to kick her out.

The 2 Month Notice to end the notice wouldn't work I think, because the cheques for 2 month's rent and the deposit payment all bounced and didn't go through.
Gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:35 PM   #37
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 192
Thanked 365 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
when she's not home do unspeakable things to her food, pillow, toothbrush...that should get her going fast.

80 years old or not she sounds experienced given that the moving company also got a bounced cheque.

If it was a legitimate sob story she would've communicated with your parents first.
Ideally, anyone in this situation would want to grab a car and mow her over... but to mess with her and make her life like hell would give her excuse to btch and complain and drag the whole ordeal longer..

Yea, I think the scammer lady is well prepared and anticipating the actions that we will take against her
Gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:37 PM   #38
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,488
Thanked 1,499 Times in 415 Posts
slap her with every notice possible. late rent and ending tenancy after next month. however though, it sounds like you have to give her until end of next month since its too late into the month. either way, thats plenty of notice given her tenancy is month to month.

then if she doesn't leave after next month, you have every ground to evict her asap. there shouldn't be the need to dispute since you have it all documented.

and to be a pain in the ass, slap her with inspection notices once a week. start documenting for damages in case she fucks shit up.
__________________
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2015, 10:39 PM   #39
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,613
Thanked 220 Times in 60 Posts
If she leaves the unit and you change the locks so she can't get in, what happens in that case? She would have to pay to have the locks changed? I would just keep doing that over and over again until she's broke. I would also call every door to door salesperson and religious group possible and tell them to come by all the time. That would drive me bonkers and I can't see how that's illegal.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:49 PM   #40
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 192
Thanked 365 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
slap her with every notice possible. late rent and ending tenancy after next month. however though, it sounds like you have to give her until end of next month since its too late into the month. either way, thats plenty of notice given her tenancy is month to month.

then if she doesn't leave after next month, you have every ground to evict her asap. there shouldn't be the need to dispute since you have it all documented.

and to be a pain in the ass, slap her with inspection notices once a week. start documenting for damages in case she fucks shit up.
Thank you for the input, documenting everything along the way. The frequent inspection on the house would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslater View Post
If she leaves the unit and you change the locks so she can't get in, what happens in that case? She would have to pay to have the locks changed? I would just keep doing that over and over again until she's broke. I would also call every door to door salesperson and religious group possible and tell them to come by all the time. That would drive me bonkers and I can't see how that's illegal.
Thanks for your support, but changing the locks on the door may run into legal issues as well. But technically, since NONE of the payments came through for my parents from the Scammer, the signed tenancy contract then is garbage. I am tempted to lock that btch out too.

Oh, she's really shady now, wouldn't answer telephone calls or answer the door. My dad waited near the house, spotted her open the garage door and zip out in her car. Dad intercepted her and slapped her with the eviction notice.
Gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:06 PM   #41
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WEST VAN
Posts: 521
Thanked 704 Times in 136 Posts
Jesus I didn't know there was such cunts in the world.
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:19 PM   #42
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,488
Thanked 1,499 Times in 415 Posts
whatever you do, do not change the locks. that does more harm to yourself than good. it sucks to be the landlord in this situation, but it will just cause you more problems.

i stand corrected. you can only inspect the unit once a month. but you can pretend that you are selling the house privately and bring some friends along and enter as long as you give proper notice.

good way to keep an eye on the place.

Quote:
Enforcing Possession

The landlord must serve a proper notice to end a tenancy if there’s cause for doing so – like not paying rent on time or causing damage or interference with the landlord’s rights. If the notice is not disputed, the landlord must follow the legal process to have the tenant removed from the property. If not, the process may have to be restarted and the tenant can seek compensation.
A tenant can follow the dispute resolution process to request an Order of Possession if the landlord locks them out, refuses to give them the keys to the property, or otherwise prevents their lawful access.

Housing - Residents


site is full of info. good to give it a read over to see what tools you have and can use against her.
__________________
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2015, 11:29 PM   #43
Performance Moderator
 
68style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,804
Thanked 3,376 Times in 955 Posts
Man, so many horror stories for renters here... I don't think I would ever own a rental property here. I know someone who owns a bunch in Arizona and the moment he gets even a hint of someone being a dickhead, his caretaker down there shows up with his carry conceal permit sidearm and tosses them out LOL... wild wild west style...

California is just as bad as B.C. for landlords... no rights at all...
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2015, 12:04 AM   #44
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancity
Posts: 465
Thanked 526 Times in 136 Posts
Reading about landlords and renters always pisses me off. Why the fuck are there so many shit for brains hippies running Canada.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:24 AM   #45
2 Wheelin' Mod
 
Jas29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Surrey
Posts: 790
Thanked 410 Times in 166 Posts
Whenever I rent out a basement suite or a house. I ask for the first months rent and security deposit in cash, buy a receipt book from the dollar store so you can provide a receipt if they want it. I had one guy say he didn't have that much cash in the bank...
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2015, 12:45 AM   #46
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: .
Posts: 322
Thanked 55 Times in 24 Posts
property manager here. i deal with people like this every single day, this year alone i've already kicked out 4-5 tenants. i evicted someone on friday! lol

i've probably evicted 20+ tenants in the last year. there's a lot of things you can do that aren't listed but i do it all the time to evict tenants.

PM if you are in serious need of help, i'll try and respond quickly

btw, the police won't remove her for you as someone stated in a previous post. you'll need to hire a bailiff, after you have your court order of possession

Last edited by frost91; 04-20-2015 at 12:52 AM.
frost91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:51 AM   #47
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frost91 View Post
property manager here. i deal with people like this every single day, this year alone i've already kicked out 4-5 tenants. i evicted someone on friday! lol

i've probably evicted 20+ tenants in the last year. there's a lot of things you can do that aren't listed but i do it all the time to evict tenants.

PM if you are in serious need of help, i'll try and respond quickly
Why not post here for future reference?
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2015, 01:57 AM   #48
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,371
Thanked 3,811 Times in 1,740 Posts
Always take a cash deposit. Did the contract say who was paying for hydro?
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:05 AM   #49
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,143 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas29 View Post
I had one guy say he didn't have that much cash in the bank...
Which means his deposit check would have bounced....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:15 AM   #50
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,727
Thanked 7,281 Times in 2,573 Posts
Since she's 80 it probably wouldn't be overly effective, but for a younger person Id probably just tell them that I'm going to do everything in my power to run your name into the fucking ground.

After taking pics of the person just build a website displaying their picture telling the story, go on all avenues like Craigslist etc post the same thing. Wouldn't be opposed to start posting posters around the neighborhood even so they see them.
__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net