REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:32 PM   #26
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
80 year old lady. Cut your loss and move on my friend.
Advertisement
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:33 PM   #27
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,577 Times in 4,294 Posts
this is true, have your parents pay her to leave maybe?
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:47 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,166 Times in 473 Posts
Have you read this thread yet? http://www.revscene.net/forums/68903...-landlord.html

some useful info:
"Basic things to remember/know:
-Payment of rent is due on the 1st of the month…every month regardless of Sundays, weekends, holidays, bank holidays, or any other excuse a tenant will use. It rent is not paid by 12:01am on the 2nd, it is late. You can issue this notice that will give the tenant 5 days to pay: http://www.rto.gov.bc.ca/documents/RTB-30.pdf. If they have not paid or filed to fight the notice within those 5 day, they will be forced to move.
-If a tenant is late 3 times within a short period of time (12 months), that tenant can be evicted without warning by using this form: http://www.rto.gov.bc.ca/documents/RTB-33.pdf. This RTB-33 form can also be used to evict a tenant for cause.
- Read these notices, understand these notices, and make sure these notices are issued as they should to avoid them being thrown out in court.
-Documenting everything is imperative should your case go to court. You have the burden of proof.
-Arbitration is a complicated process, but if you know what you are doing, you will be successful.
-Sometimes, no matter how well you vet a tenant, how great their references are, and how great they present themselves, we have all been screwed at one point. A few of them always slip through and you shouldn’t feel bad about it. "
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2015, 08:53 PM   #29
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Just a little more information please:

1) What was the tenancy period? Month to month? A year? 6 months?

2) Have you documented the written notices that you've given them? Notice to pay or vacate, notice to vacate, etc.

You need to get on with a dispute resolution as soon as possible. The sooner you do it, the sooner you will be able to get your Order of Possession.

The key for you with this dispute resolution will be to ensure that you've given proper notice and have given them the statutory time frame to act on the notice.

You might want to use the Proof of Service form found on the BC Residential Tenancy website.
1) The tenancy period is month to month

2) The appropriate notices from the RTA has been filled out and given to the scammer. Good statutory time frame was provided also.

I am curious to know how the Order of Possession is obtained? I know I need to go file forms and go up the chain, but who are which agency do I go through with?
Gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:03 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
Have you read this thread yet? http://www.revscene.net/forums/68903...-landlord.html

some useful info:
"Basic things to remember/know:
-Payment of rent is due on the 1st of the month…every month regardless of Sundays, weekends, holidays, bank holidays, or any other excuse a tenant will use. It rent is not paid by 12:01am on the 2nd, it is late. You can issue this notice that will give the tenant 5 days to pay: http://www.rto.gov.bc.ca/documents/RTB-30.pdf. If they have not paid or filed to fight the notice within those 5 day, they will be forced to move.
-If a tenant is late 3 times within a short period of time (12 months), that tenant can be evicted without warning by using this form: http://www.rto.gov.bc.ca/documents/RTB-33.pdf. This RTB-33 form can also be used to evict a tenant for cause.
- Read these notices, understand these notices, and make sure these notices are issued as they should to avoid them being thrown out in court.
-Documenting everything is imperative should your case go to court. You have the burden of proof.
-Arbitration is a complicated process, but if you know what you are doing, you will be successful.
-Sometimes, no matter how well you vet a tenant, how great their references are, and how great they present themselves, we have all been screwed at one point. A few of them always slip through and you shouldn’t feel bad about it. "

Thanks for the link, yup I have. Really facepalmed myself after reading the info in that thread..

Btw, does anyone know what happened to Dinosaur and GridLock? they seemed to have vanished for a long long time..
Old 04-19-2015, 09:12 PM   #31
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Dino and Grid were banned from Revscene.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:13 PM   #32
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo View Post
Btw, does anyone know what happened to Dinosaur and GridLock? they seemed to have vanished for a long long time..
They had a major falling out with other RevScene members.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:18 PM   #33
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
uh, if the tenancy was month to month, end the tenancy at the end of this month. give her notice that you will not be renewing tenancy.

an alternative method, but more work needed, the landlord can claim personal use and give 2 months notice and end the tenancy. this however will lose you rental income.

Two Month Notice - Landlord Notice

these 2 routes will definitely be shorter than anything else that has been mentioned.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:20 PM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
80 year old lady. Cut your loss and move on my friend.
Cut your loss and move on?

Like he should sell his house and move? Or just pretend like she's not there even though she's living in the house?
Old 04-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #35
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
when she's not home do unspeakable things to her food, pillow, toothbrush...that should get her going fast.

80 years old or not she sounds experienced given that the moving company also got a bounced cheque.

If it was a legitimate sob story she would've communicated with your parents first.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
uh, if the tenancy was month to month, end the tenancy at the end of this month. give her notice that you will not be renewing tenancy.

an alternative method, but more work needed, the landlord can claim personal use and give 2 months notice and end the tenancy. this however will lose you rental income.

Two Month Notice - Landlord Notice

these 2 routes will definitely be shorter than anything else that has been mentioned.
Great advice, me and my parents are doing everything we can to kick her out.

The 2 Month Notice to end the notice wouldn't work I think, because the cheques for 2 month's rent and the deposit payment all bounced and didn't go through.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:35 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
when she's not home do unspeakable things to her food, pillow, toothbrush...that should get her going fast.

80 years old or not she sounds experienced given that the moving company also got a bounced cheque.

If it was a legitimate sob story she would've communicated with your parents first.
Ideally, anyone in this situation would want to grab a car and mow her over... but to mess with her and make her life like hell would give her excuse to btch and complain and drag the whole ordeal longer..

Yea, I think the scammer lady is well prepared and anticipating the actions that we will take against her
Old 04-19-2015, 09:37 PM   #38

slap her with every notice possible. late rent and ending tenancy after next month. however though, it sounds like you have to give her until end of next month since its too late into the month. either way, thats plenty of notice given her tenancy is month to month.

then if she doesn't leave after next month, you have every ground to evict her asap. there shouldn't be the need to dispute since you have it all documented.

and to be a pain in the ass, slap her with inspection notices once a week. start documenting for damages in case she fucks shit up.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2015, 09:39 PM   #39
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

If she leaves the unit and you change the locks so she can't get in, what happens in that case? She would have to pay to have the locks changed? I would just keep doing that over and over again until she's broke. I would also call every door to door salesperson and religious group possible and tell them to come by all the time. That would drive me bonkers and I can't see how that's illegal.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:49 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
slap her with every notice possible. late rent and ending tenancy after next month. however though, it sounds like you have to give her until end of next month since its too late into the month. either way, thats plenty of notice given her tenancy is month to month.

then if she doesn't leave after next month, you have every ground to evict her asap. there shouldn't be the need to dispute since you have it all documented.

and to be a pain in the ass, slap her with inspection notices once a week. start documenting for damages in case she fucks shit up.
Thank you for the input, documenting everything along the way. The frequent inspection on the house would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslater View Post
If she leaves the unit and you change the locks so she can't get in, what happens in that case? She would have to pay to have the locks changed? I would just keep doing that over and over again until she's broke. I would also call every door to door salesperson and religious group possible and tell them to come by all the time. That would drive me bonkers and I can't see how that's illegal.
Thanks for your support, but changing the locks on the door may run into legal issues as well. But technically, since NONE of the payments came through for my parents from the Scammer, the signed tenancy contract then is garbage. I am tempted to lock that btch out too.

Oh, she's really shady now, wouldn't answer telephone calls or answer the door. My dad waited near the house, spotted her open the garage door and zip out in her car. Dad intercepted her and slapped her with the eviction notice.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:06 PM   #41
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Jesus I didn't know there was such cunts in the world.
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:19 PM   #42

whatever you do, do not change the locks. that does more harm to yourself than good. it sucks to be the landlord in this situation, but it will just cause you more problems.

i stand corrected. you can only inspect the unit once a month. but you can pretend that you are selling the house privately and bring some friends along and enter as long as you give proper notice.

good way to keep an eye on the place.

Quote:
Enforcing Possession

The landlord must serve a proper notice to end a tenancy if there’s cause for doing so – like not paying rent on time or causing damage or interference with the landlord’s rights. If the notice is not disputed, the landlord must follow the legal process to have the tenant removed from the property. If not, the process may have to be restarted and the tenant can seek compensation.
A tenant can follow the dispute resolution process to request an Order of Possession if the landlord locks them out, refuses to give them the keys to the property, or otherwise prevents their lawful access.

Housing - Residents

site is full of info. good to give it a read over to see what tools you have and can use against her.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2015, 10:29 PM   #43
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,108 Times in 5,002 Posts
Man, so many horror stories for renters here... I don't think I would ever own a rental property here. I know someone who owns a bunch in Arizona and the moment he gets even a hint of someone being a dickhead, his caretaker down there shows up with his carry conceal permit sidearm and tosses them out LOL... wild wild west style...

California is just as bad as B.C. for landlords... no rights at all...
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2015, 11:04 PM   #44
I STILL don't get it

Reading about landlords and renters always pisses me off. Why the fuck are there so many shit for brains hippies running Canada.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:24 PM   #45
2 Wheelin' Mod

Whenever I rent out a basement suite or a house. I ask for the first months rent and security deposit in cash, buy a receipt book from the dollar store so you can provide a receipt if they want it. I had one guy say he didn't have that much cash in the bank...
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2015, 11:45 PM   #46
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

property manager here. i deal with people like this every single day, this year alone i've already kicked out 4-5 tenants. i evicted someone on friday! lol

i've probably evicted 20+ tenants in the last year. there's a lot of things you can do that aren't listed but i do it all the time to evict tenants.

PM if you are in serious need of help, i'll try and respond quickly

btw, the police won't remove her for you as someone stated in a previous post. you'll need to hire a bailiff, after you have your court order of possession

Last edited by frost91; 04-19-2015 at 11:52 PM.
frost91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:51 PM   #47
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frost91 View Post
property manager here. i deal with people like this every single day, this year alone i've already kicked out 4-5 tenants. i evicted someone on friday! lol

i've probably evicted 20+ tenants in the last year. there's a lot of things you can do that aren't listed but i do it all the time to evict tenants.

PM if you are in serious need of help, i'll try and respond quickly
Why not post here for future reference?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2015, 12:57 AM   #48
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Always take a cash deposit. Did the contract say who was paying for hydro?
Old 04-20-2015, 08:05 AM   #49
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas29 View Post
I had one guy say he didn't have that much cash in the bank...
Which means his deposit check would have bounced....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:15 AM   #50
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
Since she's 80 it probably wouldn't be overly effective, but for a younger person Id probably just tell them that I'm going to do everything in my power to run your name into the fucking ground.

After taking pics of the person just build a website displaying their picture telling the story, go on all avenues like Craigslist etc post the same thing. Wouldn't be opposed to start posting posters around the neighborhood even so they see them.