REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:37 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

BC 50 Million Lotto Max Mystery...

Picked up my morning Province newspaper and lotto tickets before work for this Friday's 50 Million draw. On the cover of the newspaper I saw the headlines of a BC lotto winner who won 50 Million last year and waited a year to claim the winnings. Damn, if I won I would claim the winnings ASAP and be at the Ferrari dealer putting in an order for a 458 Speciale!!!

They have changed the Lotto Max Jackpot to 60 Million starting this summer. Jesus, what does 60 Million buy you that 50 Million cannot??? They really should start capping these to like 20-25 Million and the carryover money into maxmillions 1 Million so more people win. I would kill for even 1 Million thats more than enough for me

Should big lottery winners be allowed to remain anonymous?
Advertisement
NotRevSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I would want to stay anonymous, but it says right there on the ticket and the terms that in order to claim the prize they have to publicize your name. Of course I wouldn't that get between me and 50 million!

If anything by waiting a year...starting this whole fight to remain anonymous, this person is going to generate more heat than if they just claimed it a year ago and went on with their lives (assuming they get revealed in the end).
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2015, 03:55 PM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post
I would want to stay anonymous, but it says right there on the ticket and the terms that in order to claim the prize they have to publicize your name. Of course I wouldn't that get between me and 50 million!

If anything by waiting a year...starting this whole fight to remain anonymous, this person is going to generate more heat than if they just claimed it a year ago and went on with their lives (assuming they get revealed in the end).
Exactly, did not care who this person was before now I'm interested to see. I don't know why, just am.

I can understand why people want to remain anonymous though, if I won money like that I would pack up my family and leave the Country for a year and go see the world just so I didn't have to deal with the bullshit.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2015, 03:58 PM   #4
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
wth even knows who the last winner was?

rumour has it this latest prize claimer hired a lawyer to try and fight being announced

they must really hate their friends and family
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2015, 03:59 PM   #5
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Obviously there's some sort of problem or legal issue because rarely is it even a week until the winner is announced, it's been like 2 months now and nothing has been said
Old 04-27-2015, 04:13 PM   #6
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Exactly, did not care who this person was before now I'm interested to see. I don't know why, just am.
Streisand effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2015, 04:16 PM   #7
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

It may be to late to do this now for the winner but... could your make your lawyer a trustee (like they have in the Group Play guidelines) and have your lawyer pick up your prize and smile for the photos at BCLC's head office?

After your lawyer receives the money, it's then paid out to you away from all the publicity?
ancient_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:20 PM   #8
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I would wanna stay anonymous.
Just give the winners location and age.

Whatever happens...the winner is losing hella interest if this doesnt get resolved fast.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:20 PM   #9

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Personally, I'd suggest changing the rule that winner can remain anonymous, by forfeiting half their jackpot (proceeds go back into the pot).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2015, 04:49 PM   #10
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
I wouldn't sat nothing to my family. I would build a nice house with out anyone knowing and then I would invite everyone over for a house party and let them know then.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post

rumour has it this latest prize claimer hired a lawyer to try and fight being announced

its not really a rumour its right in the article that was posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient_510 View Post
It may be to late to do this now for the winner but... could your make your lawyer a trustee (like they have in the Group Play guidelines) and have your lawyer pick up your prize and smile for the photos at BCLC's head office?

After your lawyer receives the money, it's then paid out to you away from all the publicity?
thats right in the article too
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2015, 05:48 PM   #12

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post

Well it's not that, you should just google search lottery winners aftermath.

Lottery will not make you happy. You will not trust your friends anymore.
The new people, new coworkers, new girls you meet, you would wonder if they want to hang out with you because you got muti-million $.

They even have lottery winners' club(or association) where lottery winners become friend with other lottery winners. So that you know they are not approaching you for cash. Lottery winners have serious problem trusting people and making new friends.

Nobody remembers last lottery winner because you probably didn't know them, if you did, you would remember them. You win a lottery and buy your P1 and Veyron, people are gonna look at you like a loser.

Whereas if you're CEO of something and earned your money, well that would be different.

People will look down upon lottery winners, it's just a fact. I believe AMEX won't even let lottery winners have their Black Card since they lack social status.

And internet will remember you forever so new people you meet can search your name and find out too.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:59 PM   #13
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
thats right in the article too
ancient_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #14
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient_510 View Post
thats a nice suit
dragondragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:45 PM   #15
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
It's a $60 million jackpot this summer for the Lotto Max?

Forget the 458 Speciale, I would use that money to get the new 488 GTB, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, the F12, Porsche 918 Spyder, McLaren P1, a Bentley, and maybe an Aventador.

UBC's baller students would have nothing compared to my car collection.

Last edited by pastarocket; 04-27-2015 at 07:28 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:06 PM   #16
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Well it's not that, you should just google search lottery winners aftermath.

Lottery will not make you happy. You will not trust your friends anymore.
The new people, new coworkers, new girls you meet, you would wonder if they want to hang out with you because you got muti-million $.
If you could remain anonymous, this problem wouldn't be as common. There are very few people I trust, but those that I do trust are absolute. If I won this kind of lottery (anonymous or not) I would share the resulting lifestyle with them without question. That'd be my circle, and thanks to how I choose friends, I wouldn't have to find any others. You shouldn't have an issue dealing with random people if you're good at hiding your wealth, not living outside of your means (from an outsider looking in). Spend some of the money to score a good education and get yourself a decent job, live your life like everyone else, careers are excellent covers.

Women shouldn't be an issue if you have any capacity for self control.

Quote:
People will look down upon lottery winners, it's just a fact. I believe AMEX won't even let lottery winners have their Black Card since they lack social status.
That's assuming that people (outside of corps) know you are a lottery winner, see above.

Quote:
And internet will remember you forever so new people you meet can search your name and find out too.
My first thought when I meet someone new is not googling them, if people are, you aren't flying low enough.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 04-27-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #17
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRevSeen View Post
I would kill for even 1 Million thats more than enough for me

ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:50 PM   #18
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
^^^ Not true. He can start a new life as a slumlord.

https://www.locatehomes.ca/bc-real-e...3?id=261651982

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:59 PM   #19
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Lotteries are cursed. I wouldn't want to win!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2015, 10:20 PM   #20

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
If you could remain anonymous, this problem wouldn't be as common. There are very few people I trust, but those that I do trust are absolute. If I won this kind of lottery (anonymous or not) I would share the resulting lifestyle with them without question. That'd be my circle, and thanks to how I choose friends, I wouldn't have to find any others. You shouldn't have an issue dealing with random people if you're good at hiding your wealth, not living outside of your means (from an outsider looking in). Spend some of the money to score a good education and get yourself a decent job, live your life like everyone else, careers are excellent covers.

Women shouldn't be an issue if you have any capacity for self control.

That's assuming that people (outside of corps) know you are a lottery winner, see above.

My first thought when I meet someone new is not googling them, if people are, you aren't flying low enough.
yeah everybody says that and think they have control over their life and friends, but you really don't know until you actually win $50 million and make it public.
as I said, there are average joes winning lottery and ruining their lives.
even they don't completely ruin their life, winning lottery will still be a life changing event and often not in a good way.
don't take my word for it, just google search it. (if you're curious)
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2015, 12:08 AM   #21
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Personally, as Soundy said above... I would have no problem forfeiting half my jackpot (whatever it is) in order to stay anonymous.

Maybe I am just a pessimist, but I personally wouldn't trust anyone out of my immediate family and my current GF to know that I had won. IMO it is hard to trust people when you know that they know you have $50 mil sitting in the bank, especially in Vancouver's dating scene where I feel that a significant amount of women just want to find a rich guy and "be done with it". Not to mention all the friends who would secretly expect favours and lavish gifts because they would know I'm loaded. Or coworkers who talk shit behind your back when you get (and take) overtime or extra hours even though you're already loaded. Or people from your past (post-sec, high school, old flames, old friends) who "randomly" start talking to you again, etc. etc.

$25 mil is a small price to pay to be left alone.... just ask all the people who got addicted to drugs, alcohol, or even killed themselves because of fame.

EDIT: Just saw Mr. Specter's post below... forgot to mention the possible consequences of all your haters coming out of the woodwork trying to get a piece of the pie...

Last edited by Tone Loc; 04-28-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2015, 12:11 AM   #22
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Isn't this the same ticket which is been disputed?

Quote:

A Shoppers Drug Mart employee is accusing her co-worker of hiding an unclaimed $50-million winning Lotto Max Quick Pick ticket she claims he bought with workplace pool money in March.

$50 million Lotto Max ticket still unclaimed in B.C.

In a notice of civil claim filed in B.C. Supreme Court, Gayleen Elliott of Burnaby is suing Dalbir Sidhu for breach of contract, fraud and $52 million, plus interest.

"At all material times, the defendant has been in fraudulent possession of, and has knowingly converted, the March 14, 2014 tickets, one of which is the winning Quick Pick lottery ticket, for his own benefit and without the pool's permission," Elliott's claim reads.

Elliott says she, Sidhu and fellow Shoppers Drug Mart employees entered into an informal weekly lottery pool in 2012.

Sidhu regularly collected $5 from each co-worker, bought the tickets — some based on numbers chosen by the pool and others chosen randomly through so-called quick picks — and distributed any winnings, says Elliot.

After learning of the $50 million-draw, Elliott claims she asked Sidhu about the March 14 tickets, which he allegedly said he bought at a gas station in Surrey.

But when Elliott asked to see the validated tickets, she says Sidhu couldn't provide them.

She claims she and other pool members approached B.C. Lottery Corp. (BCLC) and were told their chosen numbers were never sold.

Sidhu allegedly then sent an email last week, claiming he actually forgot to buy the March 14 tickets because of family engagements around the date of the draw.

BCLC says the winning ticket was bought in Langley, and remains unclaimed. The winning numbers were 3, 4, 5, 7, 31, 33, 40 and the bonus number was 49.

In her lawsuit, Elliott claims Sidhu has been in possession of the winning ticket all this time and has "converted" the ticket for his own benefit.

Elliott's lawyer declined comment.

None of the charges has been proven in court, and Sidhu has not yet to file a statement of defence.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:34 AM   #23
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
yeah everybody says that and think they have control over their life and friends, but you really don't know until you actually win $50 million and make it public.
as I said, there are average joes winning lottery and ruining their lives.
even they don't completely ruin their life, winning lottery will still be a life changing event and often not in a good way.
don't take my word for it, just google search it. (if you're curious)
I'll take my chances, give me the 50 million for better or worse.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2015, 06:41 AM   #24
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Go buy a penthouse somewhere where no one can get to you, make it your home base then take off for a few years.

I'd give money through my family and tell them if you ever ask me for more, you're gone.

although at that rate id probably be going to jail for murder or arranging a murder down the road lol
Old 04-28-2015, 08:58 AM   #25
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
Personally, as Soundy said above... I would have no problem forfeiting half my jackpot (whatever it is) in order to stay anonymous.

Maybe I am just a pessimist, but I personally wouldn't trust anyone out of my immediate family and my current GF to know that I had won.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote