REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:07 PM   #26
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
let me know when ever you find it!!
Advertisement
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:51 AM   #27
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

i have the one where it's manual pump. (genesis?) and you barely taste it/feel fizziness. its kinda good if you leave it as plain soda though...
CaptainSigFig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:38 AM   #28
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
I just got an email from The Bay advertising the BonneO system which is only $169.99

It's a Canadian company and supposedly it Carbonates better/more

Quote:
How is Bonne O different from Sodastream™?
There are a number of innovations enabled by Bonne O technology.

First, the Bonne O system carbonates all ingredients in the bottle. As a result, you can produce sparkling infusions, custom sodas and bubbly cocktails with intense pressure-infused flavor from real ingredients like oranges, watermelons, cinnamon, basil, etc.

Second, your complete, fully carbonated beverage is sealed in a bottle. This means that you can store your sealed, carbonated beverage in your refrigerator until you are ready to open it. This is like store bought beverages in cans and bottles, except that you didn’t have to carry it home and it contains the good ingredients from your kitchen.

Third, the Bonne O system does not require a CO2 tank so you do not need to handle the tank nor return it when empty.

Finally, the Bonne O carbonation system is an automatic system that operates with the touch of a single button. No need to manually pump, push or shake.
BONNE O | Hudson's Bay

their science to back it up https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D...FTeTNORkE/view

Last edited by StylinRed; 05-04-2015 at 04:21 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:40 AM   #29
I am grateful grapefruit

looks like you'll still need to buy carbonators for the CO2 generator.

Doesn't say how many litres you can fill up with the carbonators...

Carbonators | Hudson's Bay
Old 05-04-2015, 03:09 PM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
I picked up the Sodastream SOURCE for $59.99. So far I've made a root beer and an orange and the orange was identical to Orange Crush IMO.

I've tried carbonated water too but I think I'm going to try it again with fridge cold water rather than just tap temperature. I'll be using the Aquafina water flavourings for a bit and see if I like them.

My only gripe so far is that I wish they had a bottle smaller than a 1L for this machine.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:48 PM   #31
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
looks like you'll still need to buy carbonators for the CO2 generator.

Doesn't say how many litres you can fill up with the carbonators...

Carbonators | Hudson's Bay
Ahh so that's how they do it, according to bonneo's site it's 1disc per bottle oO seems a bit much, but $6 for a case of 10 isn't too bad... I guess

Carbonators | Bonne O Canada
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:55 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Ahh so that's how they do it, according to bonneo's site it's 1disc per bottle oO seems a bit much, but $6 for a case of 10 isn't too bad... I guess

Carbonators | Bonne O Canada
However, when you compare the math between the two machines, Bonne O simply doesn't compete.

One case of 10 carbonators will amount to 7.5L of product for ($6).

For $12, the CO2 canister can be refilled at an authorized store and you get 60L of product. This is the price comparison before we even explore any of the CO2 hacks for the Sodastream.

This is just the pricing comparison for refills. I obviously cannot speak on the difference in quality between the product(soda) these two brands make.

Last edited by parm104; 05-04-2015 at 07:08 PM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2015, 07:47 PM   #33
I am grateful grapefruit

I think you pay a premium for the Bonne O machines because they make it easy to carbonate any liquid. The sodastream - you can only carbonate water, and then add flavouring; you won't be able to carbonate infused water, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
My only gripe so far is that I wish they had a bottle smaller than a 1L for this machine.
You can get 500ml bottles as well. I'm almost tempted to get a set of them myself.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:45 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
I think you pay a premium for the Bonne O machines because they make it easy to carbonate any liquid. The sodastream - you can only carbonate water, and then add flavouring; you won't be able to carbonate infused water, etc.

You can get 500ml bottles as well. I'm almost tempted to get a set of them myself.
Unfortunately with the model I purchased, I can only do 1L bottles. I think it has to do with the quick lock mechanism.

Also, I was thinking of that same thing, the benefit of being able to carbonate premixed drinks. In theory, wouldn't you be able to carbonate flat pop if you had it? I wonder what the harm would be if I did try to carbonate pre-mix with my sodastream.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:02 AM   #35
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,496 Times in 555 Posts
I tried it at my cousin's place. It's a novelty but I don't see myself owning one.

Better off with Perrier or S. Pellegrino
8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023

'99 SAAB 9-3 (3DR) (5MT) (sold)
'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT)
27th Sept 2015 - 17th Sept 2017

'03 Corolla (4AT)
2009-2020

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:31 AM   #36
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Also, I was thinking of that same thing, the benefit of being able to carbonate premixed drinks. In theory, wouldn't you be able to carbonate flat pop if you had it? I wonder what the harm would be if I did try to carbonate pre-mix with my sodastream.
There are tons of really bad videos of the sodastream exploding when people try to carbonate anything other than water. I think it's possible if you let the carbonation settle and you slowly release the pressure but I personally don't want to try....