REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:03 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

WHERE TO BUY: decent boxing gloves

hi
im looking for decent boxing gloves 16 oz sparring or 16 oz training gloves. i would prefer mid level brands to higher end brands. eg. title, ringside, fighting sport, ive been looking around trying to find a local store that might have a selection i can try on but the only one that i knew of, xtreme fight shop has been closed. any suggestions plz? not really into rival gear as much. ive tried all the big box stores looking for gloves, and went to makido and bushido.ca to look at gear but nothing so far, any help is appreciated!
thanks
Advertisement
bbcbrbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:01 PM   #2
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Options for local is very limited, so your best bet is to order from Titleboxing/TitleMMA.com. They have a huge selection and I found their prices were really good
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2015, 08:07 PM   #3
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

What are you using it for? Straight boxing? Muay thai? Title is good, but with the exchange rate its hardly worth it anymore, even if you pick it down at point roberts. And if you ship it up here you will get raped on brokerage and customs.

Check craigslist occasionally theres people selling mint or brand new gloves at a good price. beats anything local that the big box stores sell like sportchek with the hayabusa
und3f3at3d is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2015, 10:46 PM   #4
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

using for straight boxing, im considering buying of titleboxing but i heard the customs and brokerage fees are around 60$ so im still a bit hesitant, if there really isnt anything local ill probably end up buying off ebay or amazon but i was hoping to be able to try them first before committing
bbcbrbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:56 PM   #5
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Ship to a broker in blaine and go pick them up yourself if you are worried about duty and taxes
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2015, 11:31 PM   #6
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcbrbe View Post
using for straight boxing, im considering buying of titleboxing but i heard the customs and brokerage fees are around 60$ so im still a bit hesitant, if there really isnt anything local ill probably end up buying off ebay or amazon but i was hoping to be able to try them first before committing
Pick something up from Title Boxing. I know the exchange rate isn't the greatest right now, but whatever they sell there will be much better then what is sold locally. If you buy anything that is worth a damn then it's going to cost $$$ locally anyways. Make sure to pick up some hand wraps if you haven't done so already.

Refer to this thread for having your gloves shipped to Point Roberts and picking it up from there

http://www.revscene.net/forums/54328...oberts-40.html
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2015, 09:04 AM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

get some from bjjdepot.ca and let them know you're a local, then you can just pick it up from their warehouse in richmond. I ordered a pair of fairtex ones from there and they're really good
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2015, 11:21 AM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Definitely don't get Title to ship to you, cost me 60 in fees to get my gloves