REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #26
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I want to know how much the pan handlers at hastings and cassiar make.. when the traffic is at its peak I see them walking up and down the highway onramp towards the 2nd narrows.
Advertisement
pengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:36 PM   #27
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
I think the guy is called Ricky. He hangs out on Commercial drive too. I think he runs some kind of underground electronic music rave thing on the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengu View Post
I want to know how much the pan handlers at hastings and cassiar make.. when the traffic is at its peak I see them walking up and down the highway onramp towards the 2nd narrows.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:43 PM   #28
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
I think the guy is called Ricky. He hangs out on Commercial drive too. I think he runs some kind of underground electronic music rave thing on the side.
The tall skinny guy? I saw him in mcdoughs scamming a refill once too. Whenever I pass him he gives me the peace sign and a nod, he said he used to own a KTM 125 or something.
pengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:07 PM   #29
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
Whenever I drive past intersections where there are beggars in my rusty and paint-faded AE86, they ask for change from everyone except me...

Not sure if I should feel ashamed or happy I dodged a bullet
ok so in your theory,

Begger Proof

Begger Magnet
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:14 PM   #30

They are all skinny

Dyed blond.. you see him sometimes on Commercial drive.

I don't think typical beggars think in terms of daily income. Quite a few have some mental difficencies, pretty sure they don't want to be beggars if they can.. They are human beings too. Talk to them once a while. If you are a hipster go to Save on meat and buy a token.

Our gov is not equipped now to treat them.. that was what Riverview etc were for. However I think the provincial gov knows if they reopen Riverview and clean up DTES, it will be a huge real estate boon for the government.

Quote:
The tall skinny guy? I saw him in mcdoughs scamming a refill once too. Whenever I pass him he gives me the peace sign and a nod, he said he used to own a KTM 125 or something.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:15 PM   #31

No more like whether you row down your window or not (or have your top down).

Also places like Boundary and #1 etc their residences are just around the corner at the motel place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
ok so in your theory,

Begger Proof
Begger Magnet
Old 05-17-2015, 03:44 PM   #32
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
So many beggars are full of shit. I never give them money. Not even if they have a dog.

If you do feel the need to give, give food. A real homeless person will take it. The ones that are full of shit or need it for drugs will demand money.

Also, real homeless people probably won't talk to you. The ones with stories are most likely lying to you. I flat out ignore anyone that approaches me.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2015, 06:15 PM   #33
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
5+ years ago, I used to love seeing Jerry there. He never asked for money and always had something witty or nice to say. RIP

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:40 PM   #34
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I have a keen eye and feel bad for the suckers who actually think these homeless people are in trouble.

Beggars at main intersection works in shifts like a company.
Watch out cause their very territorial...you'll get shopping cart to death by them and their crew if you try working their corner.

They make quite a bit and even have cell phones so they can pick up their crack every couple hours. Nothing goes to food...cause theres a daily location for that
Everything goes to supporting their drug addiction.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:24 PM   #35
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
If you ever do feel the need to help, give your money to an organization like Union Gospel Mission or any of the others helping the less fortunate. They'll do way more good with your money than a random crack head. Not only will they utilize your donation better but it will be worth more since I'm sure they get breaks from the government.

Then those of you that feel guilt or whatever won't anymore...and you won't binge give money to scammers. Like not going to the grocery store hungry.

Make decisions logically, not emotionally.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:01 PM   #36
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i live in china now & i see a shit load of scams/beggers

rumor has it that some ppl drive S-class mercs at night going to KTV & clubs, while begging in day time in china

not gonna lie, i been scammed by this before here in china & i dont really mind giving a bit my spare change

ppl have told me that u shouldnt give them food, as if anything happens they can sue u back if they get sick or what not over here (yes if happens)

i remember back in canada i use to know a homeless guy that just liked being homeless, he love being carefree in the world & thats just the way he is walking around begging for change/food

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote