REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2015, 01:20 PM   #26
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Akinari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,217
Thanked 5,018 Times in 1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I've only ever seen one Murano convertible in person, and it was the most god-awful atrocity i've ever had the dis-pleasure of laying my eyes on.

The lady driving it I can only assume truly felt like a bumbling idiot for purchasing such a terribly ugly vehicle.

Hilarious that Nissan Motor company won't build the Q50 eau rouge cause they are afraid it won't sell, yet they were perfectly content putting out the Murano Convertible.

As for what Akinari said, if you are dumb enough to buy an X5m or X6m over the comparable lesser counterpart, when you don't care about performance or cars, you really are only hurting yourself. Cause you're overpaying for complicated shit you have no interest in, and your car is gonna be hungrier on gas, less comfortable, and be less useable in some situations, like off road or in winter.
The Murano CrossCabriolet is probably rarer than any exotic car in maybe North America

Also it's funny that you say buying an X5M over a standard X5 is hurting yourself and overpaying, which is definitely true, but I even have a friend who financed an X5 just because he wanted a luxury SUV (not really because he needed it or could even afford one), and he had no idea how to use any of the electronics inside the car, not even the cruise control because he never once bothered to look through the instruction manual. He just wanted the X5 for the prestige and image it comes with. Not that there's really anything wrong with that, but like you say, you're just wasting your own money.
Advertisement
__________________
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2015, 02:43 PM   #27
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,452
Thanked 2,666 Times in 960 Posts
I need a Nissan Murano with a 302 + T5
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2015, 04:04 PM   #28
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,452
Thanked 2,666 Times in 960 Posts
A convertible 302 + T5 Nissan Murano would be more hipster than a Ferrari kit car towed rickshaw-style by 20 Cordova street meth-heads
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #29
No Titles Given
 
synchrocone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,570
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
A 302 and leaving sand at the beach are two pretty kick-ass songs!
synchrocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:56 PM   #30
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
Marshall Placid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,295
Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I've only ever seen one Murano convertible in person, and it was the most god-awful atrocity i've ever had the dis-pleasure of laying my eyes on.

The lady driving it I can only assume truly felt like a bumbling idiot for purchasing such a terribly ugly vehicle.

Hilarious that Nissan Motor company won't build the Q50 eau rouge cause they are afraid it won't sell, yet they were perfectly content putting out the Murano Convertible.
CEO Carlos Ghosn approves or disapprove every car design.

He made a bad decision on the Murano convertible.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:21 PM   #31
Need to Shave n Shower, but I CANT STOP POSTING ON RS
 
twitchyzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 19,875
Thanked 7,810 Times in 3,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I genuinely feel like it's terrible to own a car, regardless of what car it is, and not appreciate it to the best of your ability. My biggest pet peeve is seeing exotics and other luxury cars being driven around looking like they haven't been washed in forever.
overdue for a car wash =/= not appreciating it
__________________
My BST Feedback
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #32
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
gilllgamesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 16
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Well I was just at the Lamborghini Factory in Bologna a week ago and bringing back the old days??? You mean the ones when they made shit cars with crazy looks and went through 3 bankruptcies and were owned by an Indonesian conglomerate before Audi swooped in and saved them? Those old days? Lol...

The work Audi has done preserving Lambo and respecting their history should not be dismissed, they still hand build every car but there is organization and structure and all those people have jobs because of it. The assembly line is very very impressive there, highly recommend taking that tour if you are in Italy.
Did you end up going to the Exposition in Milan? Crossed my mind taking my favorite girl in the whole world down there this summer. In fact, even thought about a rental car for a month, and making some local salesman happy spending an hour or so pitching and tailoring something that could be good for years and years.
gilllgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:14 AM   #33
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
gilllgamesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 16
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Vancouver culture is centered around appearing richer than the next guy
Somewhat agree with you on this one. It is something that is in the back of your mind more so than one would like. Interestingly, some guy wrote his life story about living in Florida, making it out to be even worse than VanCity. There appears to be some similarities seen during the roaring 20's and maybe even the 50's.

One stretch a few months ago was particularly frustrating when reading the news during lunch hour at a couple restaurants. Noticed consecutively, these young folks at a large table in their early-mid 20's just leave the restaurant with tons of food on the table. Was probably bored but there was enough food, if packed, to be a good meal for all, based on a 2000 calorie/day diet. Maybe they were in a rush each time; maybe they didn't want the risk of sauce leakage in there Euro-sedan. One thing I will bet on is none of them appeared to seem like party-animals.

In all, its not so bad. Apparently it was reported they used to eons ago, destroy food to keep prices stable. I might just be jealous because at that age I could not afford to do that, let alone a morsel or two.
gilllgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net