REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:08 PM   #126
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

What's the retail on one of those?

more than he can afford, apparently.
Advertisement
Delphini is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 06:08 PM   #127
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
Here's my message to him...

GO FUND YOURSELF!
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:15 PM   #128
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
online pan handling... why isn't more people doing this anonymously...

kids a genius for exploiting people
yet.... the backlash...in this day and age..id rather keep my dignity..
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 06:19 PM   #129
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
he himself is an rs'r well he's been to the meets anyways
The next meet he shows up should be entertaining then, everyone should throw pennies at him haha.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:20 PM   #130
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts
Ask if he accepts cheques
Old 06-04-2015, 06:33 PM   #131
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
The next meet he shows up should be entertaining then, everyone should throw pennies at him haha.
Rolls of nickels would be better.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:35 PM   #132
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts

meanwhile...
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 06:43 PM   #133
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
"Not driving your car hard to keep it in nice shape for the next buyer is like not banging your girlfriend to keep her fresh for her next boyfriend"
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 06:47 PM   #134
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
colour change is not permitted by icbc so that's pretty much insurance fraud. he COULD have cash settled the total amount of the claim and gotten it fixed out of his own pocket and paid for the colour change himself.. but i highly doubt that. don't really have anything nice to say about this whole event or the person in question so i won't say anything at all

other than the fact that karma bites back hard. wouldn't be at all surprised if lotus autobody lost their icbc accredition for this too

hope that $7xx was worth it!
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-04-2015, 07:03 PM   #135
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
No to mention, he does not own the car. Its financed, so the bank owns the car......bank wont sing off on a paint change. Which means hes not declaring the change with ICBC.

If its leased hes SCREWED. Will be forced to buy out at the end of it all.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 07:06 PM   #136

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
No to mention, he does not own the car. Its financed, so the bank owns the car......bank wont sing off on a paint change. Which means hes not declaring the change with ICBC.

If its leased hes SCREWED. Will be forced to buy out at the end of it all.
damnnnn i didn't know a colour change was that complicated...

Quote:
"Not driving your car hard to keep it in nice shape for the next buyer is like not banging your girlfriend to keep her fresh for her next boyfriend"
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:08 PM   #137
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
colour change is not permitted by icbc so that's pretty much insurance fraud. he COULD have cash settled the total amount of the claim and gotten it fixed out of his own pocket and paid for the colour change himself.. but i highly doubt that. don't really have anything nice to say about this whole event or the person in question so i won't say anything at all

other than the fact that karma bites back hard. wouldn't be at all surprised if lotus autobody lost their icbc accredition for this too

hope that $7xx was worth it!
In this situation, he decided that he wanted a colour change. ICBC would then issue him an allowance cheque based on the estimate from ICBC to fix the vandalism. Anything else, he would pay out of pocket, I.E. colour change, undamaged sections of paint or previously damaged body work.

Here's another scenario, let's say you got your car keyed and went to an ICBC valet shop. Because your car was keyed, they would do a blend procedure to repair the paint. You would not be able to get a full vehicle repaint. This scenario differs because it does not compare to Brandon's vehicle damage (broken window, mirrors, damage to panels, windshield). Brandon's car most likely was estimated at an ICBC claim center.

Also, after a colour change, all he needs to do is attend an Autoplan agent to have his vehicle sighted and confirmed to complete a vehicle colour change. New paperwork, done.

I'm not defending the guy, i'm just making sure you guys have your facts straight.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #138
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordon View Post
In this situation, he decided that he wanted a colour change. ICBC would then issue him an allowance cheque based on the estimate from ICBC to fix the vandalism. Anything else, he would pay out of pocket, I.E. colour change, undamaged sections of paint or previously damaged body work.

Here's another scenario, let's say you got your car keyed and went to an ICBC valet shop. Because your car was keyed, they would do a blend procedure to repair the paint. You would not be able to get a full vehicle repaint. This scenario differs because it does not compare to Brandon's vehicle damage (broken window, mirrors, damage to panels, windshield). Brandon's car most likely was estimated at an ICBC claim center.

Also, after a colour change, all he needs to do is attend an Autoplan agent to have his vehicle sighted and confirmed to complete a vehicle colour change. New paperwork, done.

I'm not defending the guy, i'm just making sure you guys have your facts straight.
FACTS BRO!
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 07:13 PM   #139
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
That's if he actually did the correct procedures. This guy doesn't seem all that smart so I have a feeling that he just paid the shop extra for the color change.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:20 PM   #140
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
That's if he actually did the correct procedures. This guy doesn't seem all that smart so I have a feeling that he just paid the shop extra for the color change.
He did pay the bodyshop (he even said it in his FT86 build thread; google Krovi FT86 build thread midnight) and it's legal within ICBC's rules. He has an allowance cheque from ICBC and then he adds money for colour change, door jams, trunk lid, and hood.

I think there's a misconception of the body shop charging ICBC for a full paint job including a colour change. That is certainly not the case for this situation.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:24 PM   #141
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
So you work at the body shop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 07:25 PM   #142
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:25 PM   #143
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,041 Times in 2,076 Posts
Not defending the guy, don't know him at all, but apparently he was smart enough to realize that his friends/acquaintances were dumb enough with their money to donate to such an idiotic cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:35 PM   #144
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
He did pay the bodyshop (he even said it in his FT86 build thread; google Krovi FT86 build thread midnight) and it's legal within ICBC's rules. He has an allowance cheque from ICBC and then he adds money for colour change, door jams, trunk lid, and hood.

I think there's a misconception of the body shop charging ICBC for a full paint job including a colour change. That is certainly not the case for this situation.
interesting, he edited his post where he writes about his gofundme page today in that topic you mentioned, guess he's been in damage control mode...but it's been quoted

Quote:
I've started a gofundme to help pay for damages in case insurance screws me over, or to possibly pay for a new dash cam. Two months in the shop to get my car fixed and painted after a vandalism claim, and now this happens a day after I get my car back.

I don't expect very many people on the forums to donate much, but any support would be appreciated.

Stop Hurting Feyris by Brandon Mathew Wong - GoFundMe
Krovi's Midnight Purple FR-S 『フェイリス』 - Page 2 - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:35 PM   #145
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:

... so is that basically not what i just said as far as a cash settlement goes? a paint allowance is applied to a panel with unrelated damage to it

Quote:
ALLOWANCE

When pre-existing or unrelated damage exists on a vehicle the estimator may reduce the amount ICBC would normally pay for the repair, replacement or painting of the part(s). This is known as providing an allowance towards the cost of repairs. The allowance must be discussed with the vehicle owner or their representative and listed on the CL14 as a pre-store line remark, “allowance only, no supplement due to unrelated or pre-existing damage”.
taken directly from ICBC. in other words, a cash settlement is applied when the insured does not want the damage fixed as per ICBC, and instead would rather pocket the cash and direct it how he see's fit - which fits this scenario perfectly

so your wording is way off to even begin with. it isn't an allowance because there is no pre-existing or unrelated damage to the panel, he simply wanted a colour change. in other words, he would cash settle the paint side of things, and pay the rest out of his own pocket

and to note your comment regarding a car being keyed.. i don't even know what you're talking about in regards to a blend procedure. a blend is applied to a panel that is UNDAMAGED to facilitate colour matching purposes. so if your drivers door was keyed, the drivers front door would be REFINISHED, and all undamaged panels surrounding the drivers front door would be BLENDED, ie the drivers rear door and the fender, and that's how the paint would be "repaired". you can't "blend" a panel to fix a key scratch, because here's the definition of a blend, once again as per ICBC's Material Damage manual

Quote:
A refinish blend is the application of colour to a portion of an adjacent panel for the sole purpose of facilitating a colour match.
does filling in a key scratch have anything to do with colour matching purposes?

i know the rules, and the rules are that you cannot do a colour change on an icbc claim, unless you CASH SETTLE and pay out the difference

Last edited by - kT; 06-04-2015 at 08:50 PM.
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 07:37 PM   #146
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,402 Times in 858 Posts
What if he vandalized his own car because he wanted a discounted paint colour change?

Made up sob story so he could fend off the fraud investigators. Noted the support roll in from his friends and figured he could take advantage of them the next time he happens upon another story/worthy cause.

Although now I can understand why someone would want to smash up his car instead.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:49 PM   #147
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,803 Times in 3,899 Posts
Saw negative reactions to this on my facebook newsfeed last night, knew it'd be on RS today

my initial reaction was, who the fuck cares, stop hating. It's not your money, it's not the tax dollar, let it go.

I mean i would personally never set something like this up soliciting friends/family/public to fund misfortunes to my toys.

Then it hit me that quite a few things don't add up

1. in the original thread, he said he was home when the vandalism happened (wasn't even in the middle of the night IIRC) yet he did not even see the vandals. Yet the damage was very extensive so unless an entire crew showed up, fishy as hell. I will give the benefit of the doubt here because if he was scamming the system I'd doubt he'd be stupid enough to create the thread.

2. other drive is at-fault = deductible isn't coming out of the guy

3. the guy can afford a snazzy paint job and nice wheels, confirmed by pics of fat wallet off his Facebook. Surely, $500 is chump change for him.

I am not going to jump to any conclusions but if the guy doesnt come out and prove he's donating all the proceeds to a legit charity and close his gofundme page within a day then his reputation will get worse than 14 dolla balla and scamthony combined

Do da right fing meng /Russell Peters

Last edited by twitchyzero; 06-04-2015 at 08:03 PM.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 08:00 PM   #148

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Come on guys, you got to at least give this guy credit for asking for donations. Where he's honest and have absolutely no intention to repay his "friends" back.

Now compared to....Clement Leung on the other hand....

Edited: The funding page is now down. Still worked 2 minutes ago.
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:03 PM   #149
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,400 Times in 551 Posts
This got way too much attention than deserved IMO.

Just gonna sit back and see what this devolves into.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:03 PM   #150
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
What a fucking piece of shit.
Coming from myself who has worked their ass off for everything they own this pisses me right off. Guy obviously can't prioritize his money, good luck ever saving up for a downpayment on a home... Should come out to the patch and see what it's like to physically earn your money.