REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:44 PM   #176
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
I just want to point out that I didn't make the screenshot. I simply reposted it.

As a Global Moderator on the forums, I'm supposed to remain completely impartial and neutral to whatever gets posted here.

That being said, I'm still entitled to my own opinion, and in my opinion, I have no respect for those who have, and still beg.

Throughout the years, RS has always put out a helping hand for all those in need, whenever possible. Our RS Cares team regularly donates to the food drive, cancer agencies, and more. We always have provisions to accept canned food etc donations at ALL RS Spring/Summer meets. ALL Proceeds go directly to help those who actually need help. Remember Belaud's STI situation with Richmond Subaru? Just a small example of what the REVScene community is capable of when we band together.

Of course, the community is also capable of terrible, terrible, things. We're bullies when we feel like it, simply put. I'm all about pageviews, but it needs to stop.

This kid was put on blast because he made piss poor decisions, and begged for a handout. He said he has a job, and is clearly capable of earning enough to afford nice things. What I don't understand is why he decided to beg for cash, when his entitled ass could've just waited for payday to pay for his own shit.

So instead of bitching and whining, I suggest that he learns to do what normal people would do. Asses, prioritize, and re purpose. If you can't afford the vehicle that you are modifying, get out of the game now. You ain't 'bout that life.

Also. Note:
If any personal information gets posted on here, I will remove it. Screenshots are another thing, since it's posted on the internet, and is therefore, public space.
Advertisement
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:45 PM   #177
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
First thing that came to my mind when I saw the campaign. This is better than working for a day lol. Last time I saw, $734 in 19 hours.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 09:59 PM   #178
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
but come on you guys are making him sound worst than you know the actually scammers that have blessed RS with threads this year.

TLDR RS is thirsty for drama after the great start 2015 has seen
14 dolla balla and Bradford Chow were honest, model citizens too and look at what our community did to them
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 10:03 PM   #179
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 10:18 PM   #180
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

When I read this thread earlier I was a bit shocked on how people, including mods can stoop so low to post his personal information, but even more shocked how the person himself can carelessly post his personal info on to FB. I understand ur trying to shame him but it seems like u guys want more as shaming isnt enough.. At least when posting pictures taken from his FB to prove a point, censor his personal information cause obviously the kid himself doesn't know better.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 10:19 PM   #181
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Where does he find these friends? hook me up
BallerOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #182
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
When I read this thread earlier I was a bit shocked on how people, including mods can stoop so low to post his personal information, but even more shocked how the person himself can carelessly post his personal info on to FB. I understand ur trying to shame him but it seems like u guys want more as shaming isnt enough.. At least when posting pictures taken from his FB to prove a point, censor his personal information cause obviously the kid himself doesn't know better.
I've already removed any post containing his personal info.
Try again.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:31 PM   #183
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

What a joke...
he could have saved that couple hundred bucks used on gas free reving in aberdeen and burning out on the street
...someone find that video
dixjai is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 10:37 PM   #184
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
RS cares

plus you drive a civic. life is tough enough for you
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 10:40 PM   #185
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
I was merciful, and just edited my post with his VT. That had EVERYTHING on it. What a stupid, motherfucking idiot.!
Old 06-04-2015, 10:44 PM   #186
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
Try again.

Good job, but I said I was shocked when i read it earlier and had no time to reply.

With that being said, u missed one and presto just edited his own post with regards to brendon's violation ticket information.

Anyways, I dont know know the guy either but thank you for that. I just dont want any more unfortunate events happening to anyone. Surely he doesn't deserve what has happened to him, in fact, no one does but its completely reasonable if you guys aren't sympathetic.

Last edited by i-vtecyo; 06-04-2015 at 10:51 PM.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:52 PM   #187
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
- Be an entitled spoiled kid with a nearly-new $25,000+ car
- Spend close to value of said car on aftermarket parts
- Bad luck happens... news flash, it happens to EVERYONE!
- Go around begging for money when it is clear that you already have the means to pay your own way through life (or have mommy and daddy do it for you)
- Get completely ruined through social media, forums, and the local car community
- Never be able to show your face or "Feyris" (ugly name btw) at any local meet or track event ever again without being recognized and subsequently ridiculed
- Have this thread show up whenever a prospective employer googles your name... if mommy and daddy's funding ever dries up, that is

All that for a couple hundred bucks. Looking back, actually working for money doesn't seem so hard now eh?
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:01 PM   #188
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
im still waiting for my funding guys..
i was involved in a hit and run too..
in a town house complex..
had to pay 300 deductible..
no dash cam..

im in the same shoe..
cmon, anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
"Not driving your car hard to keep it in nice shape for the next buyer is like not banging your girlfriend to keep her fresh for her next boyfriend"
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 11:20 PM   #189
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

http://www.revscene.net/forums/70376...gh-my-own.html
Krovi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 11:56 PM   #190
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Young guy spends all his money on cars, well, because he loves cars and is his passion. Yeah, sure he's a young asian guy and some or almost all of his money comes from parents. Gets in a series of unfortunate events and at this point he's out of money because he spent it all on modding the car that he loves. He's a cool enough guy enough to the point that friends and family donate money to help him cover the costs of deductable+ maybe dash cam to avoid future problems because he's in a tight spot, even surpassing what he's asking.

And you guys are shitting on him because of that? Are you guys serious? Do you literally have no better things to do than to shit on a guy who spent all his money on the things he love? On a fucking car forum? So none of you have been in a position where you bought way too much shit for your cars and your like oh shit, this month might be tough because I got those new coilovers and wheels which I probably shouldn't have but they would look so good? This guy even tracks his car for god's sake.

Yeah he isn't so good with money. But he didn't deserve the pages of fucking hate from "fellow car enthusiasts" demanding he "make things right" because his FRIENDS AND FAMILY liked him enough to donate money to him to help him out.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-05-2015, 12:03 AM   #191
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

inb4lock
Old 06-05-2015, 12:06 AM   #192
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
smartest people are the ones that have the money make money for them
haha
No the smartest people are the ones who use other peoples money to make money for them.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:50 AM   #193
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
But he didn't deserve the pages of fucking hate from "fellow car enthusiasts" demanding he "make things right" because his FRIENDS AND FAMILY liked him enough to donate money to him to help him out.
Lol if he just wanted to get money from "friends and family", they have these cool new devices called cell phones that enable you to contact said "friends and family" in order to explain your shitty situation and ask for a bit of extra cash. And honestly there is nothing wrong with that, as I said above bad things happen to everybody and sometimes we can't get things done by ourselves. That's normal and part of being human.

But no, he went on a public page and read his sob story to the world. On a page where people have REAL issues, like cancer, lack of health insurance, joblessness, homelessness, diseases or mental/psychological conditions who do really need help. IMO, by making a GoFundMe page, either he wanted money from more than just his friends and family, or he is an attention whore looking to act as though he has a struggle and is looking for a means to be validated because of it.

Drive through the Downtown East Side, that my friend is what a REAL "struggle" entails. Not having a nice car with a ton of resellable parts that could be leveraged to get some extra cash. Or do what normal people do and go to the bank to ask for a line of credit. Interest is like, what, 4%? On a $500 loan that comes to about $20. Less than the average meal at a restaurant... but instead he will be known for an indeterminate amount of time as the rich kid who had to beg for money. Don't know about you, but my dignity and respect is worth more than $20. Maybe $22. Who knows?
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2015, 01:36 AM   #194
I am Hook'd on RS

good read, would read again.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2015, 01:39 AM   #195

Thanked 2,331 Times in 213 Posts
Its because people actually donated to him that fueled some RS'ers to find more info about him and it didn't help that he posted stupid shit on his facebook.lol

If it had stayed at 0$ i doubt it would go this far
Old 06-05-2015, 01:41 AM   #196
I am Hook'd on RS

deleted

Last edited by Aria; 01-18-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:07 AM   #197
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
Don't know about you, but my dignity and respect is worth more than $20. Maybe $22. Who knows?

I bet you'd sell a sex tape for a few million if someone were buying...

How about 500k?

100k?

Seriously, dignity can be bought. Kim Kardashian is considered very respectable by the mainstream media, same with Paris Hilton, and they both did sex tapes.

Same with Pamela Anderson.

"Begging" for car parts isn't more disrespectful than sucking dicks on camera for money so why is he being treated so bad?

This whole thing reeks of jealousy.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:24 AM   #198
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
How is this even a thread? The guy seems awfully young and kind of a dork. Did he do something to an RS member specifically, or someone just found his donation page?
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:08 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
One thing you guys seem to forget its a DONATION so he isn't forcing anyone to give him money, seems he is lucky to have wealthy friends or people with odd sense for money but come on you guys are making him sound worst than you know the actually scammers that have blessed RS with threads this year.

Did he ask to borrow money with the intention of paying it back and run off to another country?

Promise to use your money to buy you a IFS and not deliver?

He put up a donation page for a very unworthy cause to fund a first world problem and found enough people to actually make profit so I'm not even mad kinda impressed lol seriously how he got people living in one of the most expensive places to give him money to fund a car blows my mind.

TLDR RS is thirsty for drama after the great start 2015 has seen
Problem was... he has money. His friends don't know.
Mining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:01 AM   #200
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
Lol if he just wanted to get money from "friends and family", they have these cool new devices called cell phones that enable you to contact said "friends and family" in order to explain your shitty situation and ask for a bit of extra cash. And honestly there is nothing wrong with that, as I said above bad things happen to everybody and sometimes we can't get things done by ourselves. That's normal and part of being human.

But no, he went on a public page and read his sob story to the world. On a page where people have REAL issues, like cancer, lack of health insurance, joblessness, homelessness, diseases or mental/psychological conditions who do really need help. IMO, by making a GoFundMe page, either he wanted money from more than just his friends and family, or he is an attention whore looking to act as though he has a struggle and is looking for a means to be validated because of it.

Drive through the Downtown East Side, that my friend is what a REAL "struggle" entails. Not having a nice car with a ton of resellable parts that could be leveraged to get some extra cash. Or do what normal people do and go to the bank to ask for a line of credit. Interest is like, what, 4%? On a $500 loan that comes to about $20. Less than the average meal at a restaurant... but instead he will be known for an indeterminate amount of time as the rich kid who had to beg for money. Don't know about you, but my dignity and respect is worth more than $20. Maybe $22. Who knows?
So.... Your angry because he used an online platforms that's designed to make it easy and convenient for his friends and family to help? Or, your angry because he has friends and family willing to help him out? Just because there are more severe problems in the world it makes his problems a none issue? Everyone goes through different problems at different phases of their lives. How does his incite so much hate from you people?
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: