REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:37 PM   #101
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Why not ask family? Especially in Krovi's case as his parents paid for his car.
Advertisement
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:41 PM   #102
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
i am kinda torned down the middle with this. As i told my friends when this topic came up, i thought it was pretty shitty that he had to ask ppl outside of his friends/family for $. why ? because i felt they didn't know the full story. Okay so youre struggling with money issues and need some, so this is where you put your big boy pants and think logically. I need 500$ to pay my deductible now, so how bout i just sell my $2k wheels and buy 700$ wheels after i have taken care of my issues and have money left over? Not everyone should have wheels that cost 2 grand.

However, i also felt partly on his side. I dont know how the gofundme started or who he showed it to in the beginning, but if it was his friends/family pitching in here and there for something small i didnt see a big deal out of it. Personally , i would tell my friend " you need 500$ ? guess what, you dont NEED those 2 thousand dollar rims " so go and sell it and youll be okay.

I feel like he got ripped on harder than it should have, but i can't control what ppl say lol Glad to hear he's resolving it in the only way possible now.

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #103
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
Why not ask family? Especially in Krovi's case as his parents paid for his car.
this is where "parenting" standards come in
Parents have money, doesn't mean they have to give in a case like this

this isn't about being able to keep a roof over the kids head... if thats the case, its an entirely different story, and it still shouldn't come to a gofundme
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2015, 09:09 PM   #104
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Can i ask ppl to pay my credit card debt? I guess in this guys mind, that is ok.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2015, 09:58 PM   #105
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
People have the right to say whatever they want to you, that's life.

I'm not a financial advisor, but I'd seriously recommend starting up an emergency savings fund (2-3k) to pull money from in the event of something like this happening again. It's super tempting to blow all of your money on mods and shit, but not having an umbrella over your head when it starts to piss rain really isn't the way to go.

Purchasing a dash cam is something that you should be doing on your own dime, asking for donations should be reserved for SHTF scenarios where your life is seriously getting fucked up.

All I can say is that I hope you learn from this experience.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2015, 01:07 AM   #106
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
But we're all supposed to love cars here. We are all supposed to be a community that takes care and looks after each other. But for some reason people love to feed on hate and create unnecessary drama for the entertainment value and forget that there is a person behind that online persona.
How long have you been on revscene for..?

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:47 AM   #107
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowda9 View Post
Can i ask ppl to pay my credit card debt? I guess in this guys mind, that is ok.
Ask, probably not. Setting up a campaign/fundraiser and having people willingly help you, probably.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:19 AM   #108

the gofundme was pathetic, but this boo hoo sob story is worse. why couldnt you just take it down, not say anything and just give the money back?
also did he actually compare his car to a friend having surgery/being in the hospital? i mean im sure we all have strong connections to our cars but... seriously, it must suck knowing that as his friend thats your value to him
Old 06-06-2015, 08:58 AM   #109
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
The RS Justice League strikes again

phaggots

But i couldnt stop loling at the comment from the original thread saying FRS / BRZ are driven by anime phaggots

Too true.
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:32 AM   #110
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i wouldn't be in that situation in the first place because if I had to rely on that 1 car as my only mode of transportation i wouldn't throw in a turbo affecting its reliability.

let's say I did:

1. take it back to the shop since it's only been two weeks?
2. no warranty or may be the shop denies you cause you were WOT any chance you get, take out the turbo in the meantime?
3. blown your engine too? carpool
4. if all else fails, take the bus

asking friends for money will never be on this list for me. Not trying to be a saint or logic nazi but perhaps we were raised with different values and i'm not saying i'm right and you're wrong.
Are you even a car guy? You wouldn't throw a turbo on affecting its reliability? WTF is that????

1. I installed it at my shop I shared with my friends personally. Built not Bought.
2. Warranty is that I have friends to help me out, like I help them.
3. Shop is in Langley, I lived in North Van. Carpool? nope. Bus? Nope.

Let's be clear, I didn't ask for money. We had a pool of parts sitting around that we ALL bought, used, upgraded, and had kicking around. Money doesn't have to be dollars. Money can be parts, or time. As they say "Time is money" so by spending my "time" helping with mod after mod, swap after swap, it all comes full circle when someone blows something up. Which happens when you actually push and drive your car to the limits. I "donated" parts freely and I "received" parts when needed.

This is just my scenario. OP could be the same type of guy to help a friend out down the road when needed. Point is There is no shame in friends helping each other out for any reason.

Berz out.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #111
nma
#RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Are you even a car guy? You wouldn't throw a turbo on affecting its reliability? WTF is that????

1. I installed it at my shop I shared with my friends personally. Built not Bought.
2. Warranty is that I have friends to help me out, like I help them.
3. Shop is in Langley, I lived in North Van. Carpool? nope. Bus? Nope.

Let's be clear, I didn't ask for money. We had a pool of parts sitting around that we ALL bought, used, upgraded, and had kicking around. Money doesn't have to be dollars. Money can be parts, or time. As they say "Time is money" so by spending my "time" helping with mod after mod, swap after swap, it all comes full circle when someone blows something up. Which happens when you actually push and drive your car to the limits. I "donated" parts freely and I "received" parts when needed.

This is just my scenario. OP could be the same type of guy to help a friend out down the road when needed. Point is There is no shame in friends helping each other out for any reason.

Berz out.
Don't bother man. You're pretty much talking from an experience a lot of people didn't have to go through, and are only creating hypothetical responses "if they were in that situation".

You're very lucky you have a close knit group of friends and most people don't really have that. I am personally lucky I have always had the support of my family, however, I would always find ways to repay.

If anything, the fact that this dude had so many friends reach out for him probably means he's a good kid. I haven't heard of too many assholes getting handouts (Unless they are already famous).
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:09 AM   #112
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I have to agree with bezerker. Time is not always about money. My friends and I like to work on our cars, our biggest project was a 280ZX, and I know the feeling of tuning it and having things go wrong. Even though things didn't go well, we learned what we did wrong and corrected down the road a and that's a good feeling of acomplishment for us. We don't have our own shop, just my backyard garage. Its also a time for friends to get together and hangout because we all have an interest for cars. I remember revscene started off as a car enthusiasm forum, before all of these subforums that we have now. Maybe I'm in the older range for a member here now, and the thought of the younger members are different from us older members. I don't know. I know someone might say why waste money on cars you should put it in more important things in life, true but we do it all for a hobby we love and share with others. Just my personal opinion regarding berserkers post.
280ZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #113

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
I don't know how any self respecting man could even borrow money from another man without feeling like a useless sack of crap. I couldn't.. Some of you people really should listen to more of Jay Z's music. When I heard some of his lyrics about being your own man and ever taking a handout it really stuck with me. One of my favourite lines is "I'll tighten my belt 'fore I beg for help". I fucking live by that line. I will charge my credit cards up, take out a loan before I ever go to another man for help with money. I've had friends ask me for money and I flat out deny them every time.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2015, 03:09 PM   #114
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,421 Times in 5,102 Posts
Haha jigga wha?

Did you also sell crack cocaine when times were tough?
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #115

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Haha jigga wha?

Gotta do what a gotta do to survive!
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #116
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
I don't know how any self respecting man could even borrow money from another man without feeling like a useless sack of crap. I couldn't.. Some of you people really should listen to more of Jay Z's music. When I heard some of his lyrics about being your own man and ever taking a handout it really stuck with me. One of my favourite lines is "I'll tighten my belt 'fore I beg for help". I fucking live by that line. I will charge my credit cards up, take out a loan before I ever go to another man for help with money. I've had friends ask me for money and I flat out deny them every time.
I see your Jay Z and raise you a Nas

How you a man waitin' for the next man to get rich
Yo' plan is to stick out yo' hand real quick
So if he feed ya family and he serve you shit
Then he need that head you get and he deserve your bitch
Since you wishin' cash fall from the sky all ya life
Dwellin' on the past when you was alright
When you was gettin' cash but wasn't too bright
Now ya luck down you feel like bustin' them shells
Nobody owe you, can't do nothin' for self
Old 06-06-2015, 04:17 PM   #117
I don't get it

honestly, you can try to give back the money, but I find it pointless.

The people who were willing to donate to you are willing to part ways with that amount of cash, even if its to a friend or a stranger to help out another human being.

When you are older, you will realize, money isnt the main thing, its time. For me, it's always been time, time to help others, be there for people, or even sparing time to meet someone for a cup of coffee.

If you feel guilty and dont want the money, and cant return it, instead of donating money (the money almost never 100% goes to helping others), donate time.

volunteer to help others, soup kitchens, events, community centres. etc.

If you take your wage, ex. $20/hr, donate your time at $20/hr for the time it takes you to make up for the money gained in this campaign. you'll feel better, it'll help out the community, the people you're helping will feel better. and you can do this in your spare time.

we cant go back and change what has already happened but we can take the initiative and do the right thing now.

and i can almost guarantee, once you've finished donating your "time" to offset the monetary gains, you're going to feel so good about yourself that you will continue to volunteer and share your time to help others.
Tillerz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #118
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Haha jigga wha?

hes got the best salad tossing skills in town!
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2015, 06:44 PM   #119

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Can't believe this is still going on. I bet if the people who donated to his campaign came in and read all this, they'd laugh at how serious you guys are considering that the majority of the donators only donated $5ish.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:08 PM   #120

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Guy puts himself exposed to the entire world on the internet, doesn't even have his Facebook profile on private and then gets criticized and ridiculed after he turns to the public for funds to pay for a LUXURY item (dash-cam)....what did you think was going to happen??

LOL ridiculous. OP buys himself new rims, accessories galore for his car, continuously claims how he doesn't NEED the money and can support himself, yet STILL goes online to ask for money. Shit, if I was getting free money like that I'd take it and use it but then to come back online and try to DEFEND it, that's sad. If you asked for the money and got it, keep it and use it and keep quiet. You have nothing to defend and nothing you say or do can make you look any better in this situation.

The ironic part is when you go to the GoFundMe webpage, you'll see campaigns for public schools, cancer victims/survivors, people fighting for their lives, etc. Then there is yours:

"Fund me because I want a dashcam for my car and even though I have the money for it, I'd rather have you pay for it instead."

Stop crying about your #basic hardships and if you really want to do something to put yourself back in a good light, find a charity GoFundMe of your choice and donate it all to there. Simple. No need to keep talking about it and going back and forth. If you wish to, cause you definitely seem like the kind of person who needs credit for their charity/public approval, post a screenshot and I'm sure we will all give you a like or two.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:38 PM   #121
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
Especially in Krovi's case as his parents paid for his car.
LOL

I'm sure mommy and daddy would have bought him a dash cam if he just asked
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 05:52 PM   #122
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Guys, stop being such whiny bitches.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:30 PM   #123
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
You can get a very good dashcam for $50-60 bucks now.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:54 PM   #124
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
You can get a very good dashcam for $50-60 bucks now.

link???

srs.
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #125
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post

link???

srs.
Both $70:
Dome G90 Full HD Car DVR - Wide Angle Lens Video Recorder
MINI 0805 1.5 inch 1296P HD LCD Screen GPS Car DVR Camcorder (Coupon code:GB0805)

If you want under $50, there's the G1W
G1W-C Full HD Car DVR Camera
G1WH 2.7 - inch Full HD 1080P Car Dash VR Camera

Edited: Reviews:
http://dashboardcamerareviews.com/g1w-gs108/
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: