REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #1051
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Lindros will likely be added to that list in the near future. As much as we like to dump on the Sedins, they were dominant players for a short period of time (as per their hardware). Tack on an Olympic gold medal and the fact that hockey has likely never seen the type of chemistry that they possess, and you could argue that one wouldn't be surprised if they make the HHOF.

I personally don't think they do, but wouldn't be surprised if they did make it considering the the lowered bar for the HHOF due to some of the entries.
Advertisement
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:49 PM   #1052
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
They'll get in because they're twins.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:07 PM   #1053
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
They'll get in because they're twins.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #1054
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Lol sedins in the hall? Based on what? Numbers will be retired sure, but Luongo has about a good of a shot if not better than sedins making it in to the hall.
Only 3 Hart Trophy winners who are eligible but not in the HHOF.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_M...Trophy#Winners

Eric Lindros' time is coming in the next few years regardless if you think he deserves it or not.

A quick look at the Ted Lindsay award winners and I believe everyone of them are in the HHOF also.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Lindsay_Award#Winners

Luongo in the HHOF before the Sedins? I doubt it. I love Luongo and he's had a good career. But you're literally comparing winners of two major trophies to a perennial bridesmaid. It's not the same thing unless you're satisfied with calling the Canucks a 3 time runner-up to the Stanley Cup.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:05 PM   #1055
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Need this guy

Eliteprospects.com - Jakob Chychrun
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #1056
Need to Seek Professional Help

Last time I checked the Sedins aren't retired???
Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #1057
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
HondaRacer, keep in mind it is the HOCKEY hall of fame and not the NHL hall of fame.
What have the twins done in the hockey world. LOTS.
My heart says first ballot hall of fame and I may be a homer to say that, but they will be there eventually.
My heart also says St. Louis is a first ballot hall of fame guy.

If Lindros was a more likeable guy, he'd be in the hall of fame too, but not yet. Eventually he'll be there since he was more dominant and has better numbers than Pavel Bure.

Same goes for Pat Quinn. Too many accomplishments as a builder to not be in the HHOF. It's just a matter of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:19 PM   #1058
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Only 3 Hart Trophy winners who are eligible but not in the HHOF.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_M...Trophy#Winners

Eric Lindros' time is coming in the next few years regardless if you think he deserves it or not.

A quick look at the Ted Lindsay award winners and I believe everyone of them are in the HHOF also.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Lindsay_Award#Winners

Luongo in the HHOF before the Sedins? I doubt it. I love Luongo and he's had a good career. But you're literally comparing winners of two major trophies to a perennial bridesmaid. It's not the same thing unless you're satisfied with calling the Canucks a 3 time runner-up to the Stanley Cup.
As Ronin said, by the end of his career Luongo will have the numbers to be there, whether he's voted in or not is another thing, but his level of play and numbers alone will get him consideration

the Lindros sedins comparison doesnt add up for me because Lindros was the best player in the league for a period of time, a dominant force. You could very well argue the sedins wouldnt have been close to scoring titles without eachother, as well, when they did win their art ross's, they were not the best players in the league, not even close. You dont get into the hall because you had a helping hand following you around your whole career, this is an individual consideration.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:42 PM   #1059

sedins should go up in the hall as 2 in 1 but not individual if that even works out...
Old 07-07-2015, 03:43 PM   #1060
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
As Ronin said, by the end of his career Luongo will have the numbers to be there, whether he's voted in or not is another thing, but his level of play and numbers alone will get him consideration

the Lindros sedins comparison doesnt add up for me because Lindros was the best player in the league for a period of time, a dominant force. You could very well argue the sedins wouldnt have been close to scoring titles without eachother, as well, when they did win their art ross's, they were not the best players in the league, not even close. You dont get into the hall because you had a helping hand following you around your whole career, this is an individual consideration.
When Henrik won the Art Ross in 2010, he also won the Hart.
When Daniel won the Art Ross in 2011, he also won the Ted Lindsay.

You could argue which is better, the Hart (voted by writers) or the Ted Lindsay (voted by peers), but you don't get those awards without being the "best" to some people's eyes.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2015, 04:17 PM   #1061

Hart trophy voted by GMs - what they know
Ted Linsay voted by players - as seen/played on ice
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #1062

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Hart's voted by hockey writers, not GMs.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:03 PM   #1063

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
The Sedins should be on every EA NHL cover every year and the Canucks are going to win the Stanley Cup this year.
If you do not agree you are a bandwagon fan.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-07-2015, 05:44 PM   #1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Hart's voted by hockey writers, not GMs.
WAH!!!!
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-07-2015, 06:51 PM   #1065
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,419 Times in 5,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
The Sedins should be on every EA NHL cover every year and the Canucks are going to win the Stanley Cup this year.
Dude you're not even a tiny bit funny.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:52 PM   #1066
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2015, 08:31 PM   #1067

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Dude you're not even a tiny bit funny.
My jokes are definitely not as funny as this team and their fans.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2015, 09:02 PM   #1068
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
He looks and acts like a dolt sometimes (ok a lot of the time) but he's a self-made billionaire and watching him on Shark Tank, he's a freakin' genius.
It's also refreshing to see an owner so passionate about his own sports team. Unlike Aquilini who only sees the Canucks as an investment.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:30 PM   #1069
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
He looks and acts like a dolt sometimes (ok a lot of the time) but he's a self-made billionaire and watching him on Shark Tank, he's a freakin' genius.
It's also refreshing to see an owner so passionate about his own sports team. Unlike Aquilini who only sees the Canucks as an investment.
I think you're thinking of John McCaw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:05 PM   #1070
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
mats sundin
adam oates
pavel bure
mark howe
dino ciccarelli
cam neely

i'm sure there's some more lol
I like how so many of those are related to the nucks in some way
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:36 AM   #1071

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Anyone following the prospects camp?

Mackenzie Stewart really standing out from it.

Was drafted as D but Benning asked him to play as F now. He looks good!

Not bad of a 7th round pick of being meats and potatoes.
highfive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:27 PM   #1072
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,419 Times in 5,100 Posts
Hockeyfeed reporting Benning as being quoted that Hamhuis and Vrbata have already refused to sign extensions past this year... guess they'll be going before the trade deadline for sure now.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:47 PM   #1073
I STILL don't get it

The Canucks are in a rather unenviable position as of right now.

For the most part the Western Conference has grown stronger this offseason with teams like Calgary, Edmonton, and even Anaheim adding some major strength to their rosters it’s far from a certainty that Vancouver will be capable of competing for a playoff spot next season.

On Tuesday Canucks’ general manager Jim Benning added more bad news when he admitted that two of his best players, Dan Hamhuis and Radim Vrbata won’t be re-signing extensions with the team, and given that they will both be unrestricted free agents at the end of next season, they could both be moved before they hit free agency.

“We’re going to go into the season and see how it goes,”said Benning as per The Province.

“We’ve touched base with their agents a little, but we’ll see how it plays out.”

Hamhuis in particular could fetch high value from a contender looking to add veteran depth on the blue line, however Vancouver may opt to hold on to both men until the trade deadline unless a team blows them away with an offer.

Report: Two of Vancouver's best players will not re-sign could force a trade.
domco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #1074
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Complete rebuild it is!! Vrbata was smart play here get really decent numbers and then sign a big contract else where. Which will help our return as well which is nice.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:54 PM   #1075

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by domco View Post
The Canucks are in a rather unenviable position as of right now.

For the most part the Western Conference has grown stronger this offseason with teams like Calgary, Edmonton, and even Anaheim adding some major strength to their rosters it’s far from a certainty that Vancouver will be capable of competing for a playoff spot next season.

On Tuesday Canucks’ general manager Jim Benning added more bad news when he admitted that two of his best players, Dan Hamhuis and Radim Vrbata won’t be re-signing extensions with the team, and given that they will both be unrestricted free agents at the end of next season, they could both be moved before they hit free agency.

“We’re going to go into the season and see how it goes,”said Benning as per The Province.

“We’ve touched base with their agents a little, but we’ll see how it plays out.”

Hamhuis in particular could fetch high value from a contender looking to add veteran depth on the blue line, however Vancouver may opt to hold on to both men until the trade deadline unless a team blows them away with an offer.

Report: Two of Vancouver's best players will not re-sign could force a trade.
Author of that article put a nice spin on the actual article and quote:

Benning making progress on his 3 RFAs, but won?t re-sign Hamhuis, Vrbata this summer | The Province

Quote:
Canucks GM Jim Benning said he’s still working to sign restricted free agents Sven Baertschi, Adam Clendening and Frank Corrado.

But he won’t be looking to re-sign pending unrestricted free agents Dan Hamhuis and Radim Vrbata this summer.

“We’re going to go into the season and see how it goes,”said Benning of the two pending UFAs, following a three-on-three tournament at the Canucks’ prospects development camp at Shawnigan Lake School on Tuesday afternoon.

Both Hamhuis, 32, and Vrbata, 34, will be on expiring contracts next season and are on track to become unrestricted free agents on July 1 if not re-signed. They could have been re-signed after the past July 1. Both have no-trade clauses.
Funny how a simple twist of words can change a story so drastically.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: