REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:33 PM   #26
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Chipping my tooth and not wearing my retainer was the best thing I ever did. A slightly fucked up smile is a good thing. Perfect teeth can make you look like a pussy.
I like my dentist. Dr. Christensen at 4th ave dental near burrard. He's a nice guy. Hippy as fuck, has his awesome dog in the waiting room. He will offer to sell you stuff you don't need (like fixing my awesome chipped tooth), but once you say you don't care about it he's not pushy. The hygienist girl there was super nice too. I hadn't been to the dentist in 5 years and it still managed to be a stress free experience.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2015, 11:37 PM   #27
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
If anyone needs invisalign I got the cheapest hookup in the lower mainland
Waiting for Jason to deliver.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:05 AM   #28
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Stay away from Ironwood dental. I told them specifically that I didn't want any work done that wasn't covered under my dental plan.

Sure enough, they went ahead and did some work that wasn't covered and refused to refund me the cost. They're also very good at milking the system for what is covered (3D xrays, etc).

I know they are a business, but it would be good if the bottom line didn't mean everything to them.

Regardless, I moved on after 2 visits.
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #29
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

they filed mine down slightly cause my lowers were hitting the permanent retainer on the top.
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:42 PM   #30
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Chipping my tooth and not wearing my retainer was the best thing I ever did. A slightly fucked up smile is a good thing. Perfect teeth can make you look like a pussy.
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2015, 07:21 PM   #31
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowjinboo View Post
Thanks guys. Going to go to the dentist I linked and see how it is.

Also can you file down teeth? I have two slightly big chompers and hoping to get that filed down.

If you weren't such a bitch to me I might be more forthcoming
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

If anyone needs dentistry PM me, I don't want to share the name of my Doc publicly
Old 06-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #33
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heleu View Post
Stay away from Ironwood dental. I told them specifically that I didn't want any work done that wasn't covered under my dental plan.
They gave me an estimated price to fix all my teeth. $30k no thanks, even though all my teeth are fucked. They were pushing for that loan thing, nope.
toehook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:27 PM   #34
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
If you weren't such a bitch to me I might be more forthcoming
well maybe if you werent so egocentric with every fucking post, I wouldnt be a fucking dick.
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #35
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
If anyone needs dentistry PM me, I don't want to share the name of my Doc publicly
Why not publicly?

Unless he's an underground doc....
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2015, 09:15 PM   #36
I subscribe to Revscene

Natural Tooth Cure for Curing Cavities and Preventing Root Canals
Natural Tooth Cure for Curing Cavities and Preventing Root Canals - NaturalNews.com

Quote:
Through blood tests, Dentist Melvin Page pinpointed the cause of tooth decay in modern people. When our blood chemistry is out of balance, primarily from the consumption of processed foods (especially sugars), the ratio of calcium and phosphorus in our blood deviates from normal. When this happens, minerals are pulled from the bones causing tooth and other bone loss.

So, sugar causes tooth decay because it depletes nutrients from the body, not because bacteria eat it and produce acid. In order to restore the ratio of calcium and phosphorus in our blood, and to enable minerals to bond unto our teeth, it is usually not sufficient just to avoid eating too much sweet or processed foods. One must also eat health building foods, containing potent amounts of minerals and vitamins to create a chain reaction that will build glassy hard tooth structure in place of decayed tooth structure.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-18-2015, 09:21 PM   #37
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Don't go to the dentist at Surrey Central. I chipped my 2 front teeth playing hockey so I went to them to get it fixed cause I went to them for my cleanings. Anyways I got them capped and Everything was good. I had to pay $80 cause my coverage only covered 80%. About a year later they were chipping off and eventually 1 fell off, so I went Back to get them fixed again. The new dentist told me if I ever had a problem with my teeth he said to come back and he would take care of it, but they also charged me for that awell. less than a year later they started chipping off again and I called them up to see if they would take care of it. They said no and that I would have to pay for it to get it fixed. I gave them shit and Have never gone back to them since.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:36 PM   #38
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Why not publicly?

Unless he's an underground doc....

He was into fixing teeth before it was cool
Old 06-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #39
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
CIC this is for you: The DIY Dentists of YouTube | Motherboard

BTW, that marketplace piece puts the entire profession under a negative light and for the wrong reasons.

it doesn't account into the variations of treatment modalities. There're many school of thoughts and nothing is black or white; a traditional dentist might nip a cavity in its early form while others take the wait and see approach. Does that mean the former is a scum lining his/her pockets?

the public needs to understand that a health plan is there to assist them, but it should not be there to dictate treatment. Obviously, finances are a concern but this is an important message to keep in mind. The professionals are treating you as an individual, not your plan. When your family physician prescribes you something but your plan doesn't cover it, do you just decline/ignore it and hope the condition will resolve itself?

just because there's no pain doesn't mean there's no problem. it's cheaper in the long run to have preventative and regular care then to only seek help when you're already in pain and you find out a teeth needs to be pulled...now you have to factor in the cost of a bridge/implant/crown.

a dentist has every reason to do a good job the first time around and make sure their work lasts; if he/she doesn't, it's gonna cost subsequent visits which means money, time and maybe their reputation.

as with any professions, there will certainly be bad apples. So many of the complaints I see are unfortunately commonly directed at lawyers as well. it just seems to be so poorly misunderstood because our government doesn't see oral health as a part of the human body and our society has become apathetic about it.

Last edited by twitchyzero; 06-19-2015 at 02:29 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:48 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehook View Post
They gave me an estimated price to fix all my teeth. $30k no thanks, even though all my teeth are fucked. They were pushing for that loan thing, nope.
Buddy of mine went to Mexico to that "Dentist city" where all the American doctors practise. Had his teeth filed and a full set of crowns put on for like $150/tooth. Same quality you would get up here. Consider that...

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:02 PM   #41
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Recently switched over to a new dentist for basic cleaning. Is it normal for the hygenist to be handling you for most of the time and the actual dentist to come in for the last 5 min and check your teeth and let you go?
ceeteezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:17 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeteezy View Post
Recently switched over to a new dentist for basic cleaning. Is it normal for the hygenist to be handling you for most of the time and the actual dentist to come in for the last 5 min and check your teeth and let you go?
That's what happens in my dental cleaning.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2015, 10:23 PM   #43
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
Buddy of mine went to Mexico to that "Dentist city" where all the American doctors practise. Had his teeth filed and a full set of crowns put on for like $150/tooth. Same quality you would get up here. Consider that...
brb going to mexico to get some tacos and my teeth fixed
toehook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:46 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehook View Post
brb going to mexico to get some tacos and my teeth fixed
Seriously consider it. You could go on Vacation for a few weeks to Arizona. Take a day trip down to Mexico and get them filed and a mold made. Temps get put on and a few weeks of sitting in the sun and drinking beers you head back to get your new teeth fitted. I tied to find some before photos but looks like he deleted most of them or old photos he just never smiled with teeth. Now it looks great... Some people say "well why didn't he just get braces"... well if you saw his teeth before you'd understand. No way to make them look good.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:47 AM   #45

Canadian snowbirds flock to Mexico?s ?Molar City? for cheap dentists - Canada - MarketWatch