REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   I need a Witness from my Car Accident on Wednesday June 17th on Highway 1 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/704014-i-need-witness-my-car-accident-wednesday-june-17th-highway-1-a.html)

bolandia 06-23-2015 12:08 PM

I need a Witness from my Car Accident on Wednesday June 17th on Highway 1

PLEASE HELP! If you witnessed a car accident heading westbound on Highway 1 on Wednesday June 17th at 8:45am with a grey Toyota Prius and a black Honda CR-V right before Willingdon Ave please message me. I'm in desperate need a witness(es)!!! The woman in the Honda CR-V blatantly came into my lane and hit my Prius. She is now telling ICBC that I came into her lane and because of this woman's dishonestly I will not be able to afford to drive if I don't get a witness to share the truth. I've put up signs at the highway exits after the crash, called in to see if there's highway cams (there's none that actually record and store footage), created an ad on Facebook asking for people to share targeted to people who in Burnaby + everything east of that, sent a text to the woman who crashed into me asking her to be honest with ICBC along with a video message, posted on craigslist and now here. If anybody witnessed the accident or has any other tips I'd love to hear them!
Thank you in advance!!

CRS 06-23-2015 12:17 PM

Although this will not help you out this time, it's probably a good idea and time to invest in a dashcam. There are some very decent budget dashcams that can be had for less than $50.

I would, however, suggest that you don't contact the other party and leave it to ICBC as the mediators.

AzNightmare 06-23-2015 12:22 PM

Playing devil's advocate here... What's stopping either side from just getting a "buddy" to be "witness" to skew this decision of outcome?

bolandia 06-23-2015 12:22 PM

Thanks! I will definitely be buying a dash cam :)

bolandia 06-23-2015 12:27 PM

I would hope that ICBC would look into their shit! (Where the person is coming from/going to, establish if they have a relationship with either parties, etc.)

v_tec 06-23-2015 12:28 PM

$50 bucks and I'll be your witness :ifyouknow:

:inout:

Dragon-88 06-23-2015 12:28 PM

$49. I saw everything.

bolandia 06-23-2015 12:29 PM

No.

bolandia 06-23-2015 12:30 PM

It's because somebody lied that I'm in this situation to begin with I'm certainly not "paying" a witness to get out of it.

godwin 06-23-2015 02:02 PM

There is something that doesn't sound right in your statement either.. you said
Quote:

I will not be able to afford to drive if I don't get a witness to share the truth
Prius already have one of the lowest insurance rates.. even if you get 100% at fault (something like this are often be 50/50).. you will only move up a few brackets. Unless you have a horrible driving record already, you shouldn't not be able to afford to drive.

Sounds like the CRV driver is not the only one being dishonest.

meme405 06-23-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwin (Post 8651391)
There is something that doesn't sound right in your statement either.. you said

Prius already have one of the lowest insurance rates.. even if you get 100% at fault (something like this are often be 50/50).. you will only move up a few brackets. Unless you have a horrible driving record already, you shouldn't not be able to afford to drive.

Sounds like the CRV driver is not the only one being dishonest.

Plus a deductible to get the vehicle fixed, which for collision for some people might be $1000.

An accident can be expensive, and for those already struggling to make ends meet it can be a big unexpected expense. I wouldn't say that the OP is being dishonest based solely on what you have said...

corollagtSr5 06-23-2015 02:15 PM

Maybe he didn't get collision so he's forced to get a witness.
Two offers at $50 and $49, any other offers?

Sneaky 06-23-2015 02:27 PM

I know that as a new driver, if I get into an accident where I am considered at fault, my insurance will go up by about $1700 a year. That is not taking into consideration whatever deductible he has.

bolandia 06-23-2015 04:18 PM

Since I pay monthly when the adjuster told me how much my insurance would be going up I initially thought it was ON TOP OF MY MONTHLY payment. I'm assuming now it's on my overall yearly rate which is manageable.

Regardless of how much I can afford or not I wasn't at fault. Why would I be so desperate for witnesses if I was lying ? :(

DGN23 06-23-2015 04:33 PM

There has to be a way to find the true victim here. Where is the damage? Did she completely broad side you or were you slightly behind her and she swiped the front of your car. If that were the case I would think ICBC should be leaning in your favour.

The way you have told the story above, if I was ICBC I wouldn't know who to believe either. Its just he said she said at this point. More details about the accident might help figure out how to fight it.

EmperorIS 06-23-2015 04:41 PM

why would you automatically be 100% at fault even if she says you hit her? Unless she hs witness to say you hit her .. wouldn't it be 50%?

adambomb 06-23-2015 04:45 PM

Need more info. Post pics of damage to your Prius. :whistle:

Did your car (Prius) get hit on the left or right side? Front or back? Where is the damage on her vehicle (CRV) if she is claiming you hit her. Front, back, left, right?

Are both vehicles still driveable or were you towed away from the scene? What lane were you traveling in? Did police or ambulance respond to the collision? Hwy 1 westbound near the end of rush hour... How fast were you going?

meme405 06-23-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adambomb (Post 8651439)
Need more info. Post pics of damage to your Prius. :whistle:

Did your car (Prius) get hit on the left or right side? Front or back? Where is the damage on her vehicle (CRV) if she is claiming you hit her. Front, back, left, right?

Are both vehicles still driveable or were you towed away from the scene? What lane were you traveling in? Did police or ambulance respond to the collision? Hwy 1 westbound near the end of rush hour... How fast were you going?

He's asking for a witness, not for your professional opinion on the accident. He provided a date, a specific time, and the location. You either saw the accident or not. There is no extra info necessary.

OP Good luck. Sucks about dishonest people.

AzNightmare 06-23-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8651516)
He's asking for a witness, not for your professional opinion on the accident. He provided a date, a specific time, and the location. You either saw the accident or not. There is no extra info necessary.

That's because we all care and want to get further insight on this story, possibly helping OP in another way, even if it's not really our business.

Otherwise, this thread will just be a stream of "no, sorry, we weren't there". Or simply a thread with no replies.

might as well /thread now in this case if we're not allowed to talk about the accident.

adambomb 06-23-2015 09:50 PM

No. Sorry. Wasn't there. But I drive that route most mornings.
Good luck with ICBC. Looks like you're gonna get proper fucked. :ratedb:

RiceIntegraRS 06-23-2015 09:52 PM

U never know, ICBC may surprise u and deem her 100% at fault depending on where the principal point of impact is on both cars. Ive been in 2 accidents where both parties lied and blamed me so "crossing" the line, but in the end ICBC made the right decision and deem the other party 100% at fault both times.

R1CED` 06-24-2015 12:05 AM

$48 and I'll set the other party straight and they won't lie.

bolandia 06-24-2015 08:12 AM

when did I ever say I was 100% at fault? They're saying 50/50 which I'm not willing to settle for seeing as she came into my lane.

falcon 06-24-2015 03:13 PM

You'd be surprised how the estimators are when it comes to figuring out who ran into who. Just tell them the honest truth, and leave it to ICBC.

Ronin 06-24-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8651516)

If we saw the car, we might see something that OP didn't that they could use as ammo when they meet with ICBC.