REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:06 PM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

lol im still laughing at the crack head picture
Advertisement
dragondragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #27
I subscribe to Revscene

You have been culturally enriched. Good luck and dont forget to pay your taxes.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2015, 04:35 PM   #28
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Oh man I lived like a rockstar in Gastown for several years and loved it!

I'm just 37 now and when you're that 40 year old guy still out partying it becomes lame reeeeaaaallllllllllllly fast. Most of the 40+ year old guys chasing girls in their 20s are total sociopathic cokeheads with very little in the way of redeeming qualities.

Besides... just look what greets me when I go out to get a coffee today:

I pay $2450 a month for this "cultural enrichment"?

Honestly, I've had enough, I moved down here to feed my creativity and get material for my books. Now that I've soaked up enough insanity and human degradation I'm all like:

I was a coin flip away a week ago upgrading to a nice suite on the border of Gastown for over $2000/month. It didn't make sense at all.

Living in the area during winter, I was always aware when it hadn't rained for a few days. This is because there would be a huge chance you'd step on a huge gob of hork if you weren't careful. Step into your car with new floor mats and heat on high? No thanks.

Wake up in the middle of the night because prostitutes and drug dealers are fighting and yelling at each other? Maybe they were johns. I dunno.

Drunken and disordered kids yelling on the streets 2 am on a weekday? I used to be a kid but I was cognizant if I were in a residential area. One night it sounded like sorority girls. They were chanting a Fergie song about spending lots of money.

A sick person yelling and begging for help 4am in the morning on a weekday? Kind of wanted to help him out at a more reasonable hour.

Some dumbass yelling at the top of his lungs celebrating at 1am after the Canucks won a home game in the first round? Sad and a bad omen.
rcoccultwar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2015, 05:27 PM   #29
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
I might hate on the rich mainlanders driving up the housing prices, but asians are much easier to live next door to than pure white trash.
You could always move in across the river in Abbotsford, then you can hang out in Cactus Club with the gang bangers and watch them peel out in their C-classes and chromed-out H3s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #30
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
You could always move in across the river in Abbotsford, then you can hang out in Cactus Club with the gang bangers and watch them peel out in their C-classes and chromed-out H3s.

The worst part is, I'm sure you're being completely honest
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #31
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Dude, have you never been to maple ridge??? Almost Everyone out there is white, trashy and a wanna be wangsta thug. A lot of my dads side of the family lives out that way, and hellllllllllll no I'd never want to move there.

OP, have you considered Langley? Or the parts of Surrey everyone just calls Langley? Also mostly white people but they all just keep to their own and ride horses
i always found langely to be a carbon copy of maple ridge, except langely is closer to surrey so
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-06-2015, 08:24 PM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
if you want it nice and quiet, away from bikers, surrounded by a fair amount of space between neighbours, you'll want to look around 264th st new housing development in there on 1 acre lots
heres still plenty of crackheads out there. isnt the house on 256 and dewdney a crack shack?

this is my favorite pic of maple ridge, a crackhead pushing a bigscreen down dewdney on a bike in the piss rain.

2014-11-03 15.52.58.jpg
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2015, 08:41 PM   #33
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
256th and dewdney? that's the school and a couple heritage buildings, next to the road to the prison

don't know though im almost never out that way except when i visit a friend up by 264th and 127 ave, it's quite a drive
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:24 PM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

In Gastown I literally just witnessed a lanky 6'6+ black guy with a huge, wild afro running on all fours like an ape across Carrall and Cordova shirtless and a pager fell out of his pocket. He then jumped in front of a transit bus going full speed to grab it and barely dodged out of the way at the last second

Not kidding at all, this neighborhood is such a

Risking your life... for a pager?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2015, 09:29 PM   #35
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
The worst part is, I'm sure you're being completely honest
Only partially. I know for a fact that Cactus Club has an excellent surveillance system and are very active with APD and Restaurant Watch to keep the gang members in check.

I think most of the Abby gangs have moved on the Milestones or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:59 PM   #36
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
As someone who lives out that way (Pitt Meadows, so close enough lol) East Maple Ridge has become quite something over the past few years.

Its is an interesting mix of the older, white trash type families that have been there for years, now all the young 'hip' families are moving out that way with their 2.5 children into the newer developments.

Then you have the homeless. There are A LOT of crackhead/mentally ill people living on the streets out that way, and its a huge issue in the community right now. In fact, our 'tent city' was front page on the Province a few weeks back. If you think they're all hanging around downtown Maple Ridge, you'd be wrong. It's amazing how far a lot of these crackheads travel on their (often) stolen bikes. Shit, they all love recycling day. Gives them the excuse to ride around collecting cans/bottles, all the while scoping out properties to come back to, to steal shit.

Honestly, as much as I hate Ridge, and would never live further east than Pitt... I hate Langley just as much. Just as many white trash idiots, and probably more white, wannabe tough-guy gangster posers. Seems like every dude out that way is lookin for a fight.

Langley's only saving grace, is that there is a lot more car guys that live there, and on any given sunny day, you're bound to see quite a few nice muscle car/hot rods.

But then I'm just getting old too, and I've had enough of the Lower Mainland. Getting too crowded for my liking. I'm hoping to move somewhere where I can have an acre or 2, a shop/garage to wrench on my cars, pack of dogs, guns, and a sign at the top of the driveway that says "No Trespassing, Fuck Off"
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2015, 07:00 AM   #37
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

next time a cyclist dies in vancouver, here's hoping it's you multi.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-07-2015, 05:52 PM   #38
Banned (ABWS)

Would you prefer he brag about how smart he is a only works an hour a day? Only to bitch a cpl hours later about how retards are getting rich but how he still can't afford a place.

Talk about textbook definition manic with a capitol m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
Wow, all the OP ever does is complain... every single post... complain, complain, complain.

Last edited by Nomomo; 07-07-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Nomomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomomo View Post
Would you prefer he brag about how smart he is a only works an hour a day? Oh wait....

Bitter David Lam, why don't you go back to what you're good at? Crashing your cars, your friends cars, and spending your parent's money!
Old 07-07-2015, 06:38 PM   #40
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowered_Klass View Post
In fact, our 'tent city' was front page on the Province a few weeks back.
I remember seeing something on that on CTV news too CTV Vancouver: Violent brawl at homeless camp | CTV Vancouver News

Apparently the tent city has grown even more since.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
I remember seeing something on that on CTV news too CTV Vancouver: Violent brawl at homeless camp | CTV Vancouver News

Apparently the tent city has grown even more since.

Wooooooooorld-star! Wooooooooorld-star!!!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #42
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowered_Klass View Post
As someone who lives out that way (Pitt Meadows, so close enough lol) East Maple Ridge has become quite something over the past few years.

Its is an interesting mix of the older, white trash type families that have been there for years, now all the young 'hip' families are moving out that way with their 2.5 children into the newer developments.

Then you have the homeless. There are A LOT of crackhead/mentally ill people living on the streets out that way, and its a huge issue in the community right now. In fact, our 'tent city' was front page on the Province a few weeks back. If you think they're all hanging around downtown Maple Ridge, you'd be wrong. It's amazing how far a lot of these crackheads travel on their (often) stolen bikes. Shit, they all love recycling day. Gives them the excuse to ride around collecting cans/bottles, all the while scoping out properties to come back to, to steal shit.
One of my buddies lives in the apartment at 223 & North, his balcony faces towards the Caddy Shack parking lot. Everytime I'm out there visiting, there's always entertainment. From crack heads & hookers camping/yelling/pulling tricks in the bushes beside the chevron, to drunks putting their car into the ditch along north.

The best night was when a drunk smashed his way through a concrete barrier on the caddy shack lot (he obviously thought going straight through it was the way to exit the parking lot), pushing the concrete down the 2' embankment and wedging his car on top of it, then watching other drunk dudes try to free this guy's car by pushing it with their trucks. By the end of the night, drunk dude was in handcuffs and his car was thoroughly fucked up. Have it all on video, I should get it from my buddy and post it.

And to think my buddy waited in line for a pre-sale for that place many years ago... Like, what was he thinking?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2015, 01:48 PM   #43
Banned (ABWS)

A lot of "Report impaired drivers" signs in Ridge from what I remember.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:01 PM   #44
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Seems like OP went to the News after his experience with Harley owners

Vancouver cracking down on overly loud motorcycles | CTV Vancouver News

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:11 PM   #45
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Seems like OP went to the News after his experience with Harley owners

Vancouver cracking down on overly loud motorcycles | CTV Vancouver News

Life is so meta the last few years
Old 08-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #46
Banned (ABWS)