REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-08-2015, 12:29 AM   #76
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Placid View Post
It's from launch control (the 0-60).
What about without launch control?

I'm interested in knowing how it feels if you slip the clutch at like 1500-2000 RPM off a light.

My T88 Supra was fairly beastly with 520 rwhp on pump gas, but in 1st gear if you wanted to "scoot" off the line and make sure you didn't get stuck behind a bus... it was a huge, attention-getting deal to rev the engine to like 5-6k RPM and slip the clutch in 1st and hope you didn't bog or spin too much. When you got it just right it was insane, but if you missed the sweet spot, a minivan could keep up with you 0-30!

Now it is more like, what feels fast as hell 0-40 MPH ( 0-80 KPH ) without too much drama?

Also, how many steps to activate launch control? Do you need to be fully stopped? How about traction control? Is it a quick switch or do you have to hold down a button like I did in my 135i? That damn traction control button was so lame.

I bet your car feels nuts with the launch control as HELL YEAH does it work, but launch control feels like the Tinder of driving. Your car does all the work, all you do is swipe and hold on for the car to respond.
Advertisement
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #77
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

c63 gets my vote even though i would love to have a e92 m3
iHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:59 PM   #78
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

M235i

Past:
1st - 1995 Eagle Talon ESi - Auto
2nd - 1997 VW Golf CL - 5spd
3rd - 1995 BMW 318Ti - 5spd
4th - 1998 VW GTI VR6 - 5spd
5th - 1996 Infiniti I30 - Auto
6th - 2006 VW Jetta 2.0T - 6spd
7th - 2013 Kia Rio Hatch SX - Auto
EuroRepresent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:50 PM   #79
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
the new 4 series look so nice!
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:36 PM   #80
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeat View Post
c63 gets my vote even though i would love to have a e92 m3
C63 is certainly a good option. One factor or something to consider, is the talk that Mercedes is possibly going to unionize a significant plant.

If it has the theme of some 3rd wave feminist taste to it, noooo! 4th wave(?) feminist ways?(use your imagination)... yesss!!
rcoccultwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:32 AM   #81
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
the new 4 series look so nice!
i disagree... the M4 looks nice, but just the 4 series looks bad...

the 3 series before it became the 4 series was wayyy more aesthetic
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:09 PM   #82
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
I dont like the 4 or the m4 :/ looks oddly shaped
Not a fan of coupes with long sedan-like bodies but having said that the gran coupes look weird too
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 02:10 AM   #83
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolepsis View Post
I might have missed it, but do you want a stick shift car or auto?

I have an E92 M3 and the shifter is meh. Standard BMW feel--a little rubbery, but then I used to drive an S2000 so many shifters feel meh in comparison.

The 435i is nice, and I've driven it a bit, but it does feel less analog in comparison to the older bimmers, especially in terms of the electric steering versus hydraulic.

A used Cayman would be a lot of fun, and would feel quite different when compared to your 335. You'll notice the weight difference as well.

Though I really like my M3, I still would eventually like to own a Cayman. That's because I've always liked them and want a mid engine platform.
Prefer manual. I like the shifter in my 335 to be honest, not sure how different it is from your M3.

And yeah, Cayman is probably the car I'd choose if my budget was $10-$15k higher than it is. I want one. But I've realized it's just not within reach unless I get one that's pooched / high km's.... which would defeat the point since I'm selling partly due to quality/reliability/cost of ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroRepresent View Post
M235i
I've warmed to the 235i a bit recently, but I don't think I can get past the way it looks from this angle:

Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:06 AM   #84
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,187 Times in 360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaru View Post
Prefer manual. I like the shifter in my 335 to be honest, not sure how different it is from your M3.

And yeah, Cayman is probably the car I'd choose if my budget was $10-$15k higher than it is. I want one. But I've realized it's just not within reach unless I get one that's pooched / high km's.... which would defeat the point since I'm selling partly due to quality/reliability/cost of ownership.

I've warmed to the 235i a bit recently, but I don't think I can get past the way it looks from this angle:

If you take a look at the photo, the camera looks pretty close to the ground. This might be why the trunk looks weird
AstulzerRZD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:45 AM   #85
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaru View Post

It's been a while since I tried a non-M3 E9x manual, but from what I recall, if you like your 335 shifter, the M3 will feel similar and be fine. Both have that slightly notchy, somewhat rubbery feel to the shift action, typical of BMW shifter feel.

When I was looking, there were more M3s readily available versus Caymans. 987.1 Caymans have potential IMS issues, but from my research, most owners are ok. 987.2 has a different engine (without IMS), and is more reliable, but the resale prices reflect the increased desirability.
prolepsis is offline   Reply With Quote