REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 88
Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Thieves Look For Unlocked Cars

Over the past month I've noticed a group of three young early 20's in my East Van Fraser View neighbourhood looking for unlocked cars after midnight. I saw them going from car to car, even into people's driveways, to try to see if the cars are unlocked.

I now have a surveillance system around my house, and if these assholes come again I'll be sure to provide the security footage to the police. Reminder for everyone to remember to lock your car doors.
Advertisement

Last edited by Heavy_user; 07-15-2015 at 02:16 PM. Reason: typo
Heavy_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch
 
fliptuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 20,339
Thanked 13,198 Times in 3,599 Posts
So what you're saying is, use locks to keep people out?

Spoiler!
__________________
feedback

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad


RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:52 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Matlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2,025
Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Time for boobytraps.

__________________
Electrician.
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #4
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2015, 03:07 PM   #5
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try
 
trollguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ☺
Posts: 4,996
Thanked 2,088 Times in 624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_user View Post
Over the past month I've noticed a group of three young early 20's in my East Van Fraser View neighbourhood looking for unlocked cars after midnight. I saw them going from car to car, even into people's driveways, to try to see if the cars are unlocked.

I now have a surveillance system around my house, and if these assholes come again I'll be sure to provide the security footage to the police. Reminder for everyone to remember to lock your car doors.
i know imposing civilian justice isnt everyones thing but did you at least yell at them .. or anything; to let them know someone is watching??
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #6
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
Or you could sneak up behind them and bash them in the head with a rock.

Fuck car thieves.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #7
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
mickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,807
Thanked 367 Times in 207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_user View Post
Over the past month I've noticed a group of three young early 20's in my East Van Fraser View neighbourhood looking for unlocked cars after midnight. I saw them going from car to car, even into people's driveways, to try to see if the cars are unlocked.

I now have a surveillance system around my house, and if these assholes come again I'll be sure to provide the security footage to the police. Reminder for everyone to remember to lock your car doors.
1. Unlock doors
2. Hide in back seat with bat
3. Wait
4.
Spoiler!
__________________
My RS Feedback (34-0-0)
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2015, 03:20 PM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: /
Posts: 2,899
Thanked 1,308 Times in 380 Posts
My car alarm got set off in the area twice in the last week. I think once I left a window like 20% open accidentally though.
__________________
2000 Corolla
2006 IS350
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:37 PM   #9
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: W.R.
Posts: 3,334
Thanked 1,857 Times in 312 Posts
Unfortunately I was a victim of this three weeks ago in Sullivan Station area of Surrey.

A family member used my X5 for the evening. Due to some confusion with the comfort access key they left the vehicle unlocked. Was leaving for work the next morning and discovered my radar detector, glasses, company nametag and change were gone. All were out of site in the center console.

Fortunately, they didn't touch my S2000. Thought for sure that my top would have been slashed or something.

A neighbour reviewed their surveillance camera and noted a young man and woman going from one vehicle to another trying to open doors.

Annoyed because I never leave my doors unlocked or leave valuables out in the open. Also annoyed that BMW does not have the walkaway setting for comfort access key like most other manufacturers.

Anyways, I'm rambling. Hopefully this doesn't happen to any of you.

Kev
__________________
BC Mazda 3
OpenRoad Auto Group
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:46 PM   #10
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 88
Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Not sure if it's the same group of thieves, but here is the description of the thieves I spotted.

Two young Caucasian female both with curly red hair, one tall young Caucasian male. I didn't know if it was useful to call the cops as they would have left by the time cops came and I didn't have the surveillance footage available as evidence. I'll be sure to call the cops first thing if I see them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Unfortunately I was a victim of this three weeks ago in Sullivan Station area of Surrey.

A family member used my X5 for the evening. Due to some confusion with the comfort access key they left the vehicle unlocked. Was leaving for work the next morning and discovered my radar detector, glasses, company nametag and change were gone. All were out of site in the center console.

Fortunately, they didn't touch my S2000. Thought for sure that my top would have been slashed or something.

A neighbour reviewed their surveillance camera and noted a young man and woman going from one vehicle to another trying to open doors.

Annoyed because I never leave my doors unlocked or leave valuables out in the open. Also annoyed that BMW does not have the walkaway setting for comfort access key like most other manufacturers.

Anyways, I'm rambling. Hopefully this doesn't happen to any of you.

Kev
Heavy_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #11
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 88
Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
I called my neighbor to wake up, set off my house alarm and had my self defense weapon ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
i know imposing civilian justice isnt everyones thing but did you at least yell at them .. or anything; to let them know someone is watching??
Heavy_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:49 PM   #12
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 88
Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
I'm pretty sure there are people that habitually don't lock their doors or occasionally forgot to, to give these thieves motivation for such crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
So what you're saying is, use locks to keep people out?

Spoiler!
Heavy_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:01 PM   #13
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here
 
hchang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,773
Thanked 2,952 Times in 682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_user View Post
I'm pretty sure there are people that habitually don't lock their doors or occasionally forgot to, to give these thieves motivation for such crime.
I never understood how this isn't common sense.

Maybe it's because I never grew up in an era where it wasnt the norm to leave the front door of your house and car doors unlocked but people should change with the times and realize humans are getting more and more messed up now

It's second nature for me to lock my doors on my house and truck, I would even press the lock button a few times on my remote when I'm walking away just so I'm convinced it's locked.
__________________
--------------------------

2014 Dodge RAM Sport (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2015, 06:15 PM   #14
Throw yo paws in da air!
 
XplicitLuder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: State of Trance
Posts: 5,035
Thanked 2,721 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_user View Post
Not sure if it's the same group of thieves, but here is the description of the thieves I spotted.

Two young Caucasian female both with curly red hair, one tall young Caucasian male. I didn't know if it was useful to call the cops as they would have left by the time cops came and I didn't have the surveillance footage available as evidence. I'll be sure to call the cops first thing if I see them again.
could always call the non-emergency police # and give them description for future record
__________________

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts


2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:43 PM   #15
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Euro7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,170
Thanked 580 Times in 279 Posts
OP has noticed this for the past month and hasn't called police to file report? If I notice anything unusual, I just call non-emergency line and file a report. If there is a common trend, police will be more active in that area/time.
Euro7r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2015, 06:56 PM   #16
I don't get it
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 406
Thanked 666 Times in 174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
OP has noticed this for the past month and hasn't called police to file report? If I notice anything unusual, I just call non-emergency line and file a report. If there is a common trend, police will be more active in that area/time.
That's what the cops at a community safety event said too. If it's stuff like peering in cars/yards/fences/house windows, non emerg, but if they're testing car door handles and applying tools to the windows, that's a 911 crime in progress call.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2015, 07:11 PM   #17
WOAH...shut the music off...
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,799
Thanked 4,706 Times in 1,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
but if they're testing car door handles and applying tools to the windows, that's a 911 crime in progress call.
really???
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:24 PM   #18
Old School RS
 
lowside67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Port Moody
Posts: 4,124
Thanked 3,103 Times in 942 Posts
Applying tools to Windows = actually breaking in = crime in progress = 911

Pulling door handles = possible crime = non emergency line

Not that hard.

Mark
__________________
2011 BMW 128I
lowside67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #19
My homepage has been set to RS
 
SpeedStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,494
Thanked 3,690 Times in 857 Posts
Thanks for the heads up OP! I live around that area so I'll be sure to keep an eye out. Been parking my car inside the gates after being broken into on the street Also, I would guess the best anti-theft device here against these crooks would be this
Spoiler!
__________________
'16 WRX

'93 GSR
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:27 PM   #20
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch
 
fliptuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 20,339
Thanked 13,198 Times in 3,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Also, I would guess the best anti-theft device here against these crooks would be this
fixed
__________________
feedback

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad


RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:40 PM   #21
WOAH...shut the music off...
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,799
Thanked 4,706 Times in 1,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Thanks for the heads up OP! I live around that area so I'll be sure to keep an eye out. Been parking my car inside the gates after being broken into on the street Also, I would guess the best anti-theft device here against these crooks would be this
Spoiler!
Would-be carjackers foiled in Seattle, couldn't drive manual transmission - CBS News
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:26 PM   #22
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 88
Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Good points on calling the non-emergency line and filing a report. Will do so now. Thanks
Heavy_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:29 PM   #23
I don't get it
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 406
Thanked 666 Times in 174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Applying tools to Windows = actually breaking in = crime in progress = 911

Pulling door handles = possible crime = non emergency line

Not that hard.

Mark
As explained to me, going down the street and testing door handles demonstrates intent.

Either way, non emergency at least.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:16 PM   #24
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 807
Thanked 574 Times in 129 Posts
Careful if you're in the west side / kerrisdale area as well.
chouchou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:30 AM   #25
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
will068's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: van
Posts: 3,337
Thanked 458 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Applying tools to Windows = actually breaking in = crime in progress = 911

Pulling door handles = possible crime = non emergency line

Not that hard.

Mark
Just an FYI, when I called the non-emergency line regarding the same situation (pulling door handle, traversing every car in sight) in the west end, she advised to call 911 in the future if I witness such action again.
__________________
RS Buy&Sell Rating
will068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net