REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:18 AM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
How Minions are a caricature of modern retardation

"They’re everywhere and they’re infecting the minds of your children. If Pit-Pat, the “magical, pansexual, non-threatening spokesthing”, and an Ewok, member of the original species jammed into a movie primarily for merchandising, were genetically spliced together in an unholy ritual while being scanned by the laser from Tron, the result would be minions.

If you don’t know what I’m talking about, bless your heart and promptly crawl back under the gracious rock that has sustained your innocence. The rest of us have been under constant assault by these bland yellow animated dildos at every turn, being near ubiquitous for their dual role in marketing their films and being materially manifested merchandise. Every time we see one our thoughts drift off into questions of what would happen were they to be bashed against a large rock–would they crack open and release a stale miasma as indistinct as their raceless miscegenated colour, or would they smoosh and ooze out a sickeningly sweet bavarian cream?

If you doubt that their ancestry has been admixed into oblivion, I direct you also to their language, a terminal stage pidgin mashed up from every language on Earth. It’s the crowd-sourced, more hideous version of Esperanto, and the native tongue of the Last Man. They are fundamentally nothing, without even distinguishable personality. Having achieved equality, they distinguish themselves with superficial decorations and pre-packaged identities they can put on and take off.

These things, these nothings, have no concept of time and live their life as a series of distractions. Because of this, when left to themselves they multiply endlessly and achieve nothing but quantity. Somewhere in the back of the cluster of nerves that processes sensory input into motor control there must be some recognition of this insignificance, as they have an instinctual urge to enslave themselves to any greater force that promises them a share of the spoils of vindictive destruction. In doing so, they abdicate responsibility for their own actions and have something to blame other than themselves when anything goes wrong.

So described, they’re an excellent metaphor for the useful idiots of the left, first order liberals.

And they’re everywhere. A sane person today, who recognizes the absurdity of something like “gay marriage” is literally surrounded daily by it’s daft cheerleaders, a vanishingly small number of whom have actually given any thought an idea like this, never mind its consequences. They simply follow all the other minions, seeking to serve whatever villain will feed them excuses to solipsistically succumb to their basest desires. What homogenous fetid mixture fills these hollow human-shaped nothings?"

Minions are Everywhere
Original source.

Essentially, minions are the ultimate non-thinkers. They do not think for themselves, they have no gender, unique features, advanced language or thoughts. They are concerned with food, violence, and serving others who are in far greater positions of power.

They are literally a caricature of your average dullard westerner, which explains exactly why people collect something that represents exactly who they are.

Evil genius: "Respect, power!"
Minion: "Banana!"
Evil genius: "Banana!"

Dumb as fuck.
Advertisement

Last edited by multicartual; 07-18-2015 at 08:45 PM.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2015, 05:58 AM   #2
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:21 AM   #3
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
In b4 "retard" warriors
Old 07-17-2015, 07:42 AM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
hating on liberals? whata new and novel concept
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2015, 08:12 AM   #5
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Sick of seeing faggots on fb posting shit abt minions

They prob wont even give 2 shits abt em if every1 and their mom didnt jump on the minion bandwagon

Fucking Faggots
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-17-2015, 08:44 AM   #6
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Only in Vancouver do you see grown ass men drive across the city to look for children's toys.
buhdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-17-2015, 09:24 AM   #7
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhdeh View Post
Only in Vancouver do you see grown ass men drive across the city to look for children's toys.
Maybe they're buying them for their kids? But yes, there are too many adults that care about this stuff too much.

I know too many adults (mostly women...mostly) still obsessed with children's movies and Disney and shit. Disney cruises, Disney on Ice, Disneyland, etc.

I love me some Lion King and classic Disney movies that represent my childhood but that's just what they are...my childhood. I could not stand to go to Disneyland as an adult unless it was to take my kids.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:34 AM   #8
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
u think Vancouver is bad? try Hong Kong...

with that said... Im a sucker for Marvel, Gundam, anything from my childhood

this includes Jordans... so...many...goddamn...pairs...of...shoes...

I complain about the Minions being everywhere...but... world domination right?
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:38 AM   #9
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Yeah, I'm Asian and I can't understand the infantilization of some of the fobbier folks I encountered here and in Asia.

I mean can you imagine a 40-ish year old White girl playing with Hello Kitty dolls? It's entirely common place if she were Asian . Not to mention some Asian guys' attraction to girls that look pre-pubescent

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2015, 10:31 AM   #10
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
I just don't get what's infatuation with the minions period
Old 07-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #11
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
^ although I did collect the last batch and am looking for this current one of the McDonald's minions I do agree, I don't see all the hype.

Personally I just collected the last ones because I was bored one day, and I'm collecting the current ones because Multi made such a big deal about it.

But whats wrong with a small short term hobby? Hell, walk into the Lego store in there are more adults looking at stuff than kids are

Other than that my time is spend at work, or workibg on my car... So why not have a little fun with something regardless of small and insignificant it is
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2015, 10:56 AM   #12

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
multicartual should get his own official thread.

"Official Multicartual's next Societal Trend/Phenonmenon that will lead to widespread Cultural and Societal Decay and Collapse discussion thread"
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2015, 01:01 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

They are a marketing device in an ever-increasingly infantile world.

People see themselves in minions. Unable to self-start or think for oneself, most people these days simply follow whatever trends the elites and those in power above them shovel down on the hordes of retarded consumers who, out of fear of being different, simply align themselves within the narrow box of what people consider normal.

Normal, now, is watching grown ass men drive around their city looking for dildo-shaped yellow plastic dolls shipped from China after being dreamt up by a Hollywood marketing team.

Are girls driving around collecting these?

Maybe the creator is right, men are stupid, as evidenced by their growing infantile behavior and inability to think for themselves. So many baying morons in this world who simply go along with whatever is trendy and popular in an attempt to fit in with the rest of the subhuman consumer parasites.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2015, 01:21 PM   #14
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
different strokes for different folks. one may like honda and yet others think hondas are stupid and prefer lexus.

different shit appeal to different people.

just like some prefer marvel and some prefer dc. people will always shit on you.

if you really think that minions are a real issue of some sort, you are taking shit way too seriously.

whoever created minions is a genius. they broke into the market and now people love em. its the way of business, just like cars, frozen, star wars, and the list goes on.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2015, 01:38 PM   #15
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Maybe they're buying them for their kids? But yes, there are too many adults that care about this stuff too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Yeah, I'm Asian and I can't understand the infantilization of some of the fobbier folks I encountered here and in Asia.

I mean can you imagine a 40-ish year old White girl playing with Hello Kitty dolls? It's entirely common place if she were Asian . Not to mention some Asian guys' attraction to girls that look pre-pubescent
I've seen more 18-26 year olds Asians buying toys at McDonald's than children or parents combined lol. I've been in Toronto for the past few weeks on a project and never see stuff like that here - even from Asians. I get the feeling that it's a byproduct of most Vancouverites living at home well into their 30s and having way too much time on their hands with not having to cook, get groceries, do laundry and whatnot.

FYI: I'm Asian.

Last edited by buhdeh; 07-17-2015 at 01:57 PM.
buhdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2015, 02:09 PM   #16
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
. I get the feeling that it's a byproduct of most Vancouverites living at home well into their 30s and having way too much time on their hands with not having to cook, get groceries, do laundry and whatnot.

FYI: I'm Asian.

I believe this is the same similar thing that is fueling white bronies.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #17
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post

Thanked for the Face-lift 2016 RS 7 Misano Red Ad.

Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2015, 09:02 PM   #18

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
i haven't even seen any of those despicable me or minion or whatever the fuck movies yet so i genuinely have no clue what is going on or why people are going nuts for these toys.

i remember when mcd had hot wheels. i went nuts for those fucking things but i was also a kid then..

i dunno.

i like meat on bread? yourself?
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:08 PM   #19
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Or there is no deeper meaning, and it's just a movie about talking yellow pills meant for children to laugh at.

Same shit as oompa loompas, except I just associate that name with obese sjw feminists
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2015, 10:08 PM   #20
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,283 Times in 270 Posts
i'm more indifferent to them but at this point i'm happy to see more minion stuff just bc it rustles multicultural's jimmies so hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
organge7 has spoken, and we have done the opposite. yay!
urrh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2015, 12:43 AM   #21
I subscribe to Revscene

Ahh the Vigilant Christian always delivers on these.
Highlights at the 7min and 18min marks.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-18-2015, 07:26 PM   #22
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
LOL the Vigilant Christian! What a nutbar. His videos are easily ripped apart by the Drunken Peasants on their 3 weekly podcasts. He refuses to debate them because he knows he will be destroyed. I never thought anyone would take that guy seriously but I forger CiC still hangs out here.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:32 PM   #23
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
LOL the Vigilant Christian! What a nutbar. His videos are easily ripped apart by the Drunken Peasants on their 3 weekly podcasts. He refuses to debate them because he knows he will be destroyed. I never thought anyone would take that guy seriously but I forger CiC still hangs out here.
I think it's more likely that he's doing it for pure entertainment, and the only nutbars are the ones who take him seriously.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:36 PM   #24
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I think it's more likely that he's doing it for pure entertainment, and the only nutbars are the ones who take him seriously.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2015, 08:06 PM   #25
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Some people are insecure and think growing up means getting rid of what they found joy in, they're afraid to be seen as morons, idiots, etc. so they shun anything they deem could give people that impression, and even talk down about others who don't ascribe to their view of what's proper.

It's the same thing that happened in high school with cliques, a lot of people were afraid and insecure so they shunned some groups to look cooler in others.

That may be hard to accept because basically what ^^^ that is saying is you're still an insecure child trying to fit in, but in an adults body.

Others don't see a connection between joy, and age, and really couldn't care less about what people thought of them... what makes them happy makes them happy.

Those who hate on Minion lovers fall into the first group, and those who like Minions fall into both groups

I don't like/dislike minions btw, I preferred the evil scientist in despicable me

Last edited by StylinRed; 07-19-2015 at 02:00 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: