REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #26
I am Hook'd on RS

I was asked the same thing at a road stop on the weekend. I guess they check addresses now?
Advertisement
granemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:18 PM   #27
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,428 Times in 5,104 Posts
Clean record "for the most part"... Lol... sympathy statement of the year right there
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:21 AM   #28
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

They always check addresses, I was asked the last 3 times when I was pulled over why my driver license is different from my insurance papers and I just tell them my primary address is back in Vancouver and my car is insured in kelowna because thats where I am working at the time. Plus just switching insurance zones to Kelowna from Vancouver is $60 dollars cheaper a month for me.
Mike.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:40 AM   #29
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Clean record "for the most part"... Lol... sympathy statement of the year right there
Lol I was just waiting for someone to flame me. But it's true. I know I had 1 speeding ticking from last year and I got a ticket for use of electronic handheld device (literally just changing songs on my iPod) back when they first introduced the law.
asma123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #30
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
You have a hate on for people who abuse a system, go after the idiots who put it there in the first motherfucking place.
Just how fucking stupid are you? You do realize that without the current system nobody would be able to dispute any ticket whatsoever right? Yes that sounds like a brilliant alternative to lazy cunts like you just manning the fuck up.

Quote:
At the end of the day, the bottom line is that I did nothing wrong.
If you dispute a valid ticket and lose, they charge you an extra $25, which I'm pretty confident is because you were wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asma123 View Post
I did tell him that I've been living at this place since Nov but I did also say that I stay at my parents too. For all he knows, I spend 50% of my time at my parents and 50% at this other place (IE g/f place).
So what you're saying is that you don't actually spend much time there. Just because I crashed at my buddies place for a night doesn't mean I can list that as my home address.

Quote:
Even then, I still don't plan on changing my address. Technically I still live there.
If you still live there you would've have told the officer you were living someplace else

Quote:
IMO he should have given a warning seeing that I have a clean record (for the most part) and have never been warned about this issue in the past.
Give me a fucking break, the vast majority of the population has never been officially warned about the vast majority of the laws, that doesn't mean you're exempt from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.L View Post
They always check addresses, I was asked the last 3 times when I was pulled over why my driver license is different from my insurance papers and I just tell them my primary address is back in Vancouver and my car is insured in kelowna because thats where I am working at the time. Plus just switching insurance zones to Kelowna from Vancouver is $60 dollars cheaper a month for me.
If you're working in Kelowna that's probably better in case you get into an accident as well, I know they don't like it if it's primarily used in a different area than you told them it would be.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2015, 11:55 AM   #31
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
OP could have easily avoided all this if he simply said to the officer....
"I don't answer questions"

Honestly though you don't have to answer where you were and where your going. I never do. All I say is, "Your not allowed to ask me that" No I'm not some cop block dick I just know what's allowed and what isn't.

Berz out.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:57 AM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
There is a very easy check to do here. If you are the registered owner of your vehicle, the information on your license should match the information on your insurance.

There's no excuse, if you found it convenient enough to change your insurance to save that couple hundred bucks, you should can also go through the 10 minutes to change the address on your DL.

It does kind of depend on your situation, if your doing something like I do, where you are on a shift schedule, and you are going back and forth I wouldn't change either of the items. It's simply not worth it.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:58 AM   #33
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Just how fucking stupid are you? You do realize that without the current system nobody would be able to dispute any ticket whatsoever right? Yes that sounds like a brilliant alternative to lazy cunts like you just manning the fuck up.
Suck my fucking dick you fuck face. You motherfucking ass-licking bag of hairy, lumpy dicks.

God, i love talking idiot. It's a simpler language. It's definitely a lot better than coherent arguments. Don't you just love it when any dialogue starts off like that?

Good fucking job with the wall of quotes that I don't really wanna read you fucking prick face. And good fucking job taking it out of context you sopping lard-covered cunt. I can't fucking find any fucking place where I insisted "oooh, let's take out the current system".
Learn how to fucking read you fucking moron encrusted terrorist.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2015, 12:00 PM   #34

This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2015, 12:03 PM   #35

oops i forgot to add the /s after all that

i'm pretty bored and i'm a couple of days away from vacation...is it starting to show?
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 08-05-2015, 12:19 PM   #36
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:37 PM   #37
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Quote:
Suck my fucking dick you fuck face. You motherfucking ass-licking bag of hairy, lumpy dicks.

God, i love talking idiot. It's a simpler language. It's definitely a lot better than coherent arguments. Don't you just love it when any dialogue starts off like that?

Good fucking job with the wall of quotes that I don't really wanna read you fucking prick face. And good fucking job taking it out of context you sopping lard-covered cunt. I can't fucking find any fucking place where I insisted "oooh, let's take out the current system".
Learn how to fucking read you fucking moron encrusted terrorist.
Strong post from someone too dense to come up with a response.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:52 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Strong post from someone too dense to come up with a response.

oh and btw, this might help you in the long run. I know that post was profanity laced and a bit of a random outburst but in case you couldn't read the response there, i've found that these videos also help. Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...yw8ibFMHBtEyKA
Old 08-05-2015, 03:10 PM   #39
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
There is a very easy check to do here. If you are the registered owner of your vehicle, the information on your license should match the information on your insurance.

Not necessarily.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, a vehicle can be registered to a different location.
I did this with my Mustang until I bought my house, when I kept it in my uncle's garage in Cowichan Bay while I was renting in Victoria.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #40
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Not necessarily.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, a vehicle can be registered to a different location.
I did this with my Mustang until I bought my house, when I kept it in my uncle's garage in Cowichan Bay while I was renting in Victoria.
Or you could live in "Territory Z" If you needed to bypass aircare

Berz out.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:02 PM   #41
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
My Supra was insured in Territory Z because of aircare. Costed a bit more each year than having regular insurance but well worth the hassle of dealing with aircare.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Not necessarily.

Good point, yes there are a few cases where this might not be true.

But for most people, who daily their car, and park it where they sleep.

The car should be insured where you park it, your drivers license should be registered to that location, and it should be where you call "home" (aka where you sleep the majority of the time.

In the OP's case he wrote his own death sentence, because when the cop asked him where is home, his initial instinct was to call whatever his new place of residence was as home. It wasn't until OP found out that this is a ticketable offense that he decided "well no i've only been their 9 months, and I might move back, and sometimes I still sleep in mommy's bed. So that's actually my permanent residence."

Sorry Son, that's not how it works.

When you dispute this ticket, the officer is going to ask you, POINT BLANK, "when I asked you 'where is home?', did you identify XXXXXXXX address". To which you will answer "YES". right there, case closed, your guilty.

This post thanked by: