REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-16-2015, 01:07 PM   #51
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Just gonna comment on the facts, nothing more. Depo lights are DOT approved, though many of their older units weren't. Yours seems to be stamped, so you should be good there. The smoked housing is probably what caught his attention.

As for the ride stance, that's usually the biggest thing that will attract attention from an officer. My old GTI and 7G Accord were both static slammed. I managed to get away with both cars but I knew that it was a huge heat score for a cop if they felt inclined to pull me over. Also, don't assume stiffer suspension means better handling. Especially on the mk4 platform. The rear end especially goes all fucked up when lowered and the geometry is badly misaligned. It might *feel* better on the corners but it usually makes things worse during real emergency handling.
Advertisement
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2015, 01:31 PM   #52
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Also, don't assume stiffer suspension means better handling. Especially on the mk4 platform. The rear end especially goes all fucked up when lowered and the geometry is badly misaligned. It might *feel* better on the corners but it usually makes things worse during real emergency handling.
Super-stiff suspension is fine on the track with a smooth surface... Get onto a rough northern road, you want plenty of give to allow your tires to follow the road and maintain contact. Your suspension needs to be able to track the road, or you'll end up with the whole vehicle bouncing all over the place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #53
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts

Thread delivers

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:25 PM   #54
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
I totally miss that car...
You're old enough that you could have bought that car new though
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:05 PM   #55

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer.evo View Post
Q

Wtf are you talking about buddy this has nothing to do with headlights as the vi wasn't issued for that and there's nothin wrong with my headlights they aren't tinted, housings can be whatever the fuck colour you want em to be as long as the reflector is natural colour and the lens is clear and you don't have hids or coloured bulbs and they are dot approved which they are focus on the reason of the post buddy...
It does not matter what the VI was issued for. You clearly have no understanding of the law as per you interpretation of what you can or can not do. Its in writing, very simple to understand.

If you want to play the ignorant moron who believes what he reads on the forums as "law" then enjoy wasting your time complaining about a cop who gave you and other friends VI's because your cars are not safe to operate on the road according to them.

Cool about your lights, but let me give you some advice (you obviously need it) when you modify a car like you do it attracts attention. When in the car scene that is the idea, people check out your car and enjoy what you have done (imo the car looks good) but it also attracts the attention of the cops. This is unwanted attention. Seeing as not all officers are well versed in the laws governing the standards of which a vehicle needs to be in they give you a VI to have it professionally looked at.

Seeing as all the cars I saw pertaining to this whole thing have been lowered beyond the point that the tires will make contact with the body in a turn if to sharp, or over a bump if its bad, or in an emergency maneuver its a VI'able situation.

Again, before you make a fool out of yourself, you should read the LAW before you choose to take a buddies word for it.

Table of Contents - Motor Vehicle Act

Have a read, learn something and then go to the cops.......because all you are doing now is going to the cops complaining that you got a ticket for a mod to your car. With the cars pictured they will not pass a VI and complaining will make them look harder at you guys and that's not a good idea.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2015, 05:26 PM   #56

Just to be clear, not trying to be offensive.

I've meet you a few times and I have nothing against you or what your doing, but you will not like the results.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:48 PM   #57
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2015, 07:31 PM   #58
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
Just to be clear, not trying to be offensive.

I've meet you a few times and I have nothing against you or what your doing, but you will not like the results.
Call him a moron, but no not trying to be offensive LMAO.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2015, 08:27 PM   #59
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
Seeing as not all officers are well versed in the laws governing the standards of which a vehicle needs to be in they give you a VI to have it professionally looked at.
This quote is the key to this debate.

OP, if you really want to make a difference, then talk to your local MLA and bring up this issue. I agree with you about the VI, only in the instance that there is no recourse when the police office makes a mistake and issues a VI.

Complaining about the officer isn't going to change anything as they only enforce that laws that they are told to enforce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:32 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Call him a moron, but no not trying to be offensive LMAO.
Didnt call him one, said "If you want to play the ignorant moron"....meaning if he goes into this without doing his homework he will be a moron....not yet is one.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:56 PM   #61
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I've heard about Cst. Sidhu before and I've personally heard about his love of writing box 2's.

If he's legitimately harassing you, all the power to you, its nice to see you doing something constructive as opposed to coming on here and making a WTF PIGS thread. I didn't bother reading half the replies to the OP as most of them are just telling him he's wrong, but ah well...

Its probably my fault.
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2015, 10:22 PM   #62
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
This post gave me cancer. I don't think I've ever read a post where someone contradicted themselves so much within one single post

In fear of being bashed by RS, Timpo, initially trying to defend OP by calling out RS for being mean and that the police can be unfair, concludes his post by saying OP should grow up.

Typical Timpost.
I was trying to understand both perspectives.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:25 PM   #63
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Other than the crime/drug statistics they are two completely different places. From the culture to the weather to the geography to the population... Grande Prairie is one of the only cities in North America where you can make six digits a year on a grade six education legally and that isn't a joke.
Quote:
grade six education
Quote:
grade six
Old 08-16-2015, 10:46 PM   #64
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Other than the crime/drug statistics they are two completely different places. From the culture to the weather to the geography to the population... Grande Prairie is one of the only cities in North America where you can make six digits a year on a grade six education legally and that isn't a joke.
It's still a shit hole. I worked in the patch, and you'd still have to pay me more to live there.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:35 AM   #65
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rriggi View Post
I've heard about Cst. Sidhu before and I've personally heard about his love of writing box 2's.

If he's legitimately harassing you, all the power to you, its nice to see you doing something constructive as opposed to coming on here and making a WTF PIGS thread. I didn't bother reading half the replies to the OP as most of them are just telling him he's wrong, but ah well...
It's Monday and the shops are open, unless OP passes an inspection without touching the car he's wrong. If he does pass then he might be right, but I've yet to see that happen.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:54 AM   #66
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Teach me how to buddy guy
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2015, 08:27 AM   #67
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
It's Monday and the shops are open, unless OP passes an inspection without touching the car he's wrong. If he does pass then he might be right, but I've yet to see that happen.
Even then he's not necessarily right.

As stated before, a PO isn't an inspector, they just need a reasonable belief that something on the vehicle doesn't meet the standards. Then they issue a VI, and leave it up to someone who is supposed to know everything to find out what's what.

I'm sure there are some people who have gotten a Box 2, and then been cleared by a VI, that doesn't make what the officer did "harassment" it just means he was wrong about the issues with the vehicle. Something which is hard for a PO on the side of the road to know, remember not all PO's are car people. There is a reason why it takes 4 years of apprenticeship and schooling to become a mechanic and get your inspection ticket, there's a lot of shit you need to know.

With that said I'm sure there are plenty of inspectors out there who could be easily greased to pass modifications which very obviously don't meet the MVA.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2015, 08:36 AM   #68
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
I was trying to understand both perspectives.
no you didn't. you spent your entire time talking up modded cars as uber safe and anything old as a rustbucket shit trap.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:00 PM   #69
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I'm sure there are some people who have gotten a Box 2, and then been cleared by a VI, that doesn't make what the officer did "harassment" it just means he was wrong about the issues with the vehicle.
That's why I said "might". It would be very easy to prove if an officer or group of officers is unfairly harassing certain groups of road users, however I've yet to see anyone actually do it and I've yet to see anyone who has complained about getting a VI actually pass without changing anything. The import guys claim imports are being picked on, the truck guys claim trucks are being picked on, the bike guys claim bikes are being picked on, yet every time someone makes a big fuss their vehicle ends up requiring significant work to pass. I've seen both bikes and cars in the local news this year whining about getting VI's yet both times the idiots doing the whining end up have to make a bunch of changes to pass.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:16 PM   #70
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Just out of curiosity, if you get a VI but your mods pass the inspection, do you get refunded for the inspection costs?
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:18 PM   #71
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
^ nope.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:40 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Just out of curiosity, if you get a VI but your mods pass the inspection, do you get refunded for the inspection costs?
No.

Also if you get a 7 day impound for excessive speeding, and you win the case against the excessive speed you don't get money back for the tow truck and impound. Life's a beach.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:52 PM   #73
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Yeah it's a bullshit system. I know a guy who got his e30 m3 VI'd because of all its mods.... But it's on collectors plates and everything on the vehicle was, as it had been approved by icbc. Yes aftermarket wheels and things like a rear wing, but all period correct to icbc standards and optional equipment like a rare dtm rear wing.

Cop said it was breech of insurance and VI'd him. Yet I don't see all these crazy muscle cars getting vi's
Old 08-17-2015, 03:03 PM   #74
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Yeah it's a bullshit system.
By definition, a stock 04-07 STi or early IS300's could get a VI for a modified exhaust since they came with mufflers that had a 3 inch or larger tip.
All it takes is a little bit of driving like a tard and an under informed cop and you would be getting a box 1 VI. Never officially heard of anyone getting one though.

I remember back in 2000, AP1 S2000's were getting harassed for "blue" headlights because the projectors had the blue hue around them and not too many cars on the road at that time had HID's and projectors.

Again. System is flawed but the online bitching isn't going to do anything. If you truely feel that strongly about it, then talk to your local MLA and bring it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Yet I don't see all these crazy muscle cars getting vi's
Lol every group of enthusiasts says this.

Motorcyclists say it when people complain about their loud exhausts, they claim that many ricers have louder exhausts and they are being unfairly ticketed and VI'd.

Lifted truck guys say it when they get ticketed or VI's for rolling around with mud all over their cars, or tires that stick out several inches from the fenders.

Muscle car guys get it for no seat belts, old lap belts, lighting, etc. A family member of mine was giving me a ride in his old lincoln when we got pulled over and the cop wrote him a VI for seat belts. Needless to say he won that VI because it was easy to prove that his car never came with that option fitted.

So the truth is, every car group seems to believe they are the only one being persecuted, when really it's just bullshit, the cops come after all enthusiast relatively evenly in my eyes.

This post thanked by: