REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:20 AM   #201
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

At my old job, I think we held the busiest birthday parties in vancouver. We held 3 parties on saturdays and 6 on sundays, so there was quite the selection. We used to tentatively hold time slots for patrons, until a staff double booked a time slot and neither party wanted to give up their slot, so fast forward to a couple of months ago, we no longer take tentative bookings.

A lady calls in and asks for availability, on a monday morning. we remind her, its first come first serve and we dont hold spots tentatively. She agrees and said she'll come in soon. friday rolls around and she comes in and demands the time slot, now taken by another person. i remembered her saying how "thats bad customer service" "i heard of you guys highly, but i guess i was wrong" "had a bad time trying to book a party"

she calls back the next day, and i answer the phone ( i was working that friday also ), and she said to me how she was trying to book a party, and how the staff treated her with disrespect and didn't tell her that we dont hold spots. how she'll never recommend the place to anyone else or come to a party there. I replied to her " sorry that you had a bad time booking with us, come by early for your child's next birthday and we can work something out " She then asked if i could pass on the message to my supervisor.... i never passed on the message, because i was the one who interacted with her on all 3 occasions.
Advertisement
heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2015, 06:40 AM   #202
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
At my old job, I think we held the busiest birthday parties in vancouver. We held 3 parties on saturdays and 6 on sundays, so there was quite the selection. We used to tentatively hold time slots for patrons, until a staff double booked a time slot and neither party wanted to give up their slot, so fast forward to a couple of months ago, we no longer take tentative bookings.

A lady calls in and asks for availability, on a monday morning. we remind her, its first come first serve and we dont hold spots tentatively. She agrees and said she'll come in soon. friday rolls around and she comes in and demands the time slot, now taken by another person. i remembered her saying how "thats bad customer service" "i heard of you guys highly, but i guess i was wrong" "had a bad time trying to book a party"

she calls back the next day, and i answer the phone ( i was working that friday also ), and she said to me how she was trying to book a party, and how the staff treated her with disrespect and didn't tell her that we dont hold spots. how she'll never recommend the place to anyone else or come to a party there. I replied to her " sorry that you had a bad time booking with us, come by early for your child's next birthday and we can work something out " She then asked if i could pass on the message to my supervisor.... i never passed on the message, because i was the one who interacted with her on all 3 occasions.
That's when I told the the customer it was me they were dealing me with the last 3 times and I explain everything clearly. Happens all the time and I even said we record our calls so if you like I can get a supervisor to listen to all the calls and see if where the mistake was made. Always right after that customer just shuts up coz they knew they are in the wrong and was just trying to say we didn't it wrong hoping we didn't record our calls so we have to take his/her side.

Actually one time this customer won't believe she was in the wrong even after our supervisor and managers listen to the call and what I told here was very very clear and I reminded her not once, not twtice, not third but forth time about the appoitment times. So she was told 4 times when the appoitment will happen still she got it wrong. She refuse to believe it and wanted a copy of the call which we send to her through E-mail. Later that that we got an E-mail from him saying the audio file we went to her was fake and we must have done some editing to it. She is going to bring it to some professional to have it examine and sue us. Well that never happen and we never heard from her.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2015, 07:17 AM   #203
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
Yup there are a lot of racist Albertans. ..but the really racist and ignorant ones I find are people from the maritimes. ..especially Newfies. A lot of times it's not like racisim in a hatred sort of way but rather just ignorant.
lol... Newfie is a deragatory term itself if you're not from Newfoundland.. just sayin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2015, 09:17 AM   #204
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
So is brit a derogatory term if I'm not from Great Britain? Jesus Christ. Oops, is that wrong to say too since I'm not religious?
Old 11-09-2015, 11:06 AM   #205
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
lol... Newfie is a deragatory term itself if you're not from Newfoundland.. just sayin'
Technically so is Canuck, but I've never met anyone that cared.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:25 PM   #206
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Yet another auto industry worker here like many I have a few good stories about idiot customers that come in. Here's a couple of stories that I can remember:

An older asian couple come in to drop their car off for service, I was doing paperwork from the job I just finished and got to hear the dialogue. The advisor was explaining the service that they would be getting done on their car that day, the couple were acknowledging and were asking questions quite normally. But near in the end right in the middle of the service advisors wrap up of the conversation the wife cuts the advisor off. She demands that the advisor gets her someone that speaks their language and gets angry when the advisor apologizes for not having someone in service that speaks mandarin or cantonese. In the end a sale advisor just came in for his shift and luckily spoke the language needed and went about explaining the whole service again.

Second one that stands out to me was something that happened within the last six months, we had a car come in on a flat bed. The problem was that is was pretty smashed up from an accident that evidently just happened that day or maybe the night before. It was weird because we don't have a body shop at out dealership so were perplexed as to why it was there. I was at reception waiting on some work when the owner came in and started full arguing with my manager about his car. It turns out the car was in accident happened the night before and the guy blamed our maker for the problem. He kept quoting that the manufacturer knew about the possible problem with the car and they are to blame for the accident. The accident happened because the guys wife couldn't stop and proceeded to crash into things before she could stop the car. He kept saying throughout that there should be nothing wrong with the brakes because they are "perfect" should we can't blame those. And unless he gets what he wants out of this he was going to get his lawyer to sue the company for everything. Well after all this we do eventually bring the car to check it over, well as stated the car would stop for shit so we pushed it in. Well first off before the car was in the air we found brake fluid everywhere with an empty reservoir and the brakes were BRAND new, there was still cross hatching on the rotors. Proceed to remove the front wheels and under inspection we find that the front brakes fittings on the callipers aren't even tight, all the fluid leaked out them. My manager goes back to the customer with everything and guy still insists that's it's our makers fault, in the end icbc and an independent inspector came to see the car. They both laughed at his guy and his crap. In the end we found out the guy had gotten his friend to do the brakes and wouldn't go after him just come to us instead.

1988 Toyota Supra - Mia
1990 Toyota Supra - Letty
1998 Toyota Aristo - Gisele (sold)
88SupraT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2015, 01:50 PM   #207
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Cust: Do you provide service at xxxx location?
Me: It looks like we don't have service at that area so we can't provide you service.
Cust: Why can't you provide service at xxx location?
Me: Our network doesn't extend to that area yet.
Cust: So what does that mean?
Me: Currently we are not in the area yet. You could try XXXX or YYYY compnay.
Cust: I don't want to go with XXXX or YYYY company I want to get your service in my area so can I get your service?
Me: I am sorry, but we currently don't have service there.
Cust: Why not? I want to get your service.
Me: Our network doesn't extend to that area yet.
Cust: But I want to get your service.
Me: I apologize sir but we aren't in that area yet and it looks it we won't be there in the near future.
Cust: But I want your service. Why I can't I get your service.
Me: Our network doesn't extend to that area yet. But if you like I can pass you the sales team to see if they have any timeline when we will have service (Getting a bit annoy since he ask the same thing over and over but still keeping it profession.).
Cust: I want service at xxxx location do you have service there?
Me: Let me transfer you to sales........

>< some ppl........
Old 11-19-2015, 02:55 PM   #208
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
that happens quite often. people want to hear what they want to hear, and not the truth if it does not suit them...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:40 PM   #209
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Happened from time to time when I worked in retail. It's ultra annoying because it's a no-win situation. You can't give them what they want and they refuse to take no for an answer, so they're going to get pissed no matter what.

For example, someone wanted a GeForce 8800 Ultra but we only sold garbage, so I told him we could special order it. He didn't want to wait for it, so I recommended a local shop that I knew had it or could at least get it from NCIX for him within a couple of days, but he insisted he wanted to buy it at my store and he needed it that day. I told him if he needs something today, I can sell him the best we have (which was like a last gen, mid-level Radeon) and order the 8800 for him and he can return the Radeon when the 8800 came in, but he wasn't interested in doing that because our special orders took like 1-2 months usually (this was also way above and beyond our official 14-day return policy on electronics). Also didn't fly.

I told him that's the best I can do, he got upset, insisted on talking to my manager. He left in a huff, phoned our head office, and our head office told us they were going to arrange an 8800 to be sent from one of our vendors and he could pay for it when it arrived. Came in like a month later, called customer to come in and pay for it, he said he bought a GeForce 7600 at Futureshop and they said it was just as good

Last edited by Jmac; 11-19-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #210
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Happened from time to time when I worked in retail. It's ultra annoying because it's a no-win situation. You can't give them what they want and they refuse to take no for an answer, so they're going to get pissed no matter what.

For example, someone wanted a GeForce 8800 Ultra but we only sold garbage, so I told him we could special order it. He didn't want to wait for it, so I recommended a local shop that I knew had it or could at least get it from NCIX for him within a couple of days, but he insisted he wanted to buy it at my store and he needed it that day. I told him if he needs something today, I can sell him the best we have (which was like a last gen, mid-level Radeon) and order the 8800 for him and he can return the Radeon when the 8800 came in, but he wasn't interested in doing that because our special orders took like 1-2 months usually (this was also way above and beyond our official 14-day return policy on electronics). Also didn't fly.

I told him that's the best I can do, he got upset, insisted on talking to my manager. He left in a huff, phoned our head office, and our head office told us they were going to arrange an 8800 to be sent from one of our vendors and he could pay for it when it arrived. Came in like a month later, called customer to come in and pay for it, he said he bought a GeForce 7600 at Futureshop and they said it was just as good
That shit used to happen to me all the time when I worked at Grand & Toy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:23 AM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
That shit used to happen to me all the time when I worked at Grand & Toy.
with pen and paper????

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 11-20-2015, 09:32 AM   #212
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
so i asked for some cookie samples from suppliers and he said he get someone to bring it in personality for me

dude brings me one box of cookies and it was empty cuz he got hungry on his way here, so he ate the whole box cookie samples

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2015, 10:48 AM   #213

that's worse than a delivery guy arriving and forgetting to bring the package with him

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2015, 09:48 PM   #214
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
dude just got his TV service installed literally 3 days ago, all 3 days hes been calling in for the TV not working. the 3rd day he called, it was me that answered, hes all pissed off cus our services hasnt worked properly since, so of course hes giving me a mouth full and just generally being rude and sarcastic. i asked him 1 thing, what exactly is on the TV, it says no signal. there are only 3 things that would cause this problem. i first asked if the box is on, its on. then i asked if the TV is on the right input, which of course he insists it is cus "no one touched" his TV over night. then finally i asked him to check the HDMI cable which of course he refuses to do cus again, "no one touched" his TV over night. so with customer unwilling to troubleshoot i put him on hold and wait it out hoping he would calm down and try and work things out. 2 mins later we resume our convo and during the wait he did check and found the HDMI cable has been plugged into a xbox by his son overnight. yea so much for no one touching his TV and changing shit over night. at this point he is all apologetic and i hope he realizes how stupid he sounded during the first part of the convo

dealt with another customer whose ipad would not connect to the internet. walked customer through settings>wifi and check to find the ipad is not even connected to their home wifi network. asked cx to tap on the wifi network name and input the password. customer says im trying to put the password in but its not coming up! i ask how are u putting in the password? with a pen of course! so... ur writting out ur password onto the screen? yes with a pen! and its not coming up... highly doubt this customer has an ipad pro with pen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2015, 10:55 PM   #215
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
dealt with another customer whose ipad would not connect to the internet. walked customer through settings>wifi and check to find the ipad is not even connected to their home wifi network. asked cx to tap on the wifi network name and input the password. customer says im trying to put the password in but its not coming up! i ask how are u putting in the password? with a pen of course! so... ur writting out ur password onto the screen? yes with a pen! and its not coming up... highly doubt this customer has an ipad pro with pen
I had a customer call in because her wifi wasn't working. I wasn't too concerned when her account only showed a phone line. Back then, it was sometimes common to see the internet on a separate account number for various reasons. I continued to troubleshoot while I looked for the internet circuit at the address.

After going through the usual is your laptop wifi on, did someone change the wifi password etc, I ask her to reboot the router/modem. She tells me, "What's a router/don't see one."

Turns out she was using her neighbor's wifi, and they probably put a password in.

She get upset by this news, and threatens to cancel her phone line over the fact I can't help her get her internet back. WTF.

I put her on hold to transfer her to the loyalty/cancellation agent and had to explain to them she wanted to cancel her service with us over the fact I couldn't help her get her non existent internet service working, or help her steal her neighbor's wifi.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2015, 01:56 AM   #216
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
dude just got his TV service installed literally 3 days ago, all 3 days hes been calling in for the TV not working. the 3rd day he called, it was me that answered, hes all pissed off cus our services hasnt worked properly since, so of course hes giving me a mouth full and just generally being rude and sarcastic.
Please... he gave you an earful, not a mouthful, that's not what you want from him trust me
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:49 PM   #217
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
So here is my black friday story in retail

For this year, my store opened at 6am, and we ran some special promotion from 6am to 10am only.
For example, prior season ski goggles, helmets (including Oakley, Smith and other high end stuff) 40% off regular price, then additional 50% off and then an additional 15% off
prior season outerwear (including spyder, under amour, north face and some other nicer stuff), 50% off their regular price + buy 1 get 1 free + additional 15% untill 10am
prior season gloves, touques, mitts etc 50% off, then buy 1 get 2 free + 15% off untill 10 am

in addition to the "crazier" deals above we had 20% off regular priced outerwear, shoes and hockey gear..plus additional 15% until 10am.

And all regular priced products in the store was 15% off until 10am as well.

all in all I felt that from 6am to 10am we had a pretty strong black friday sale.

so this lady comes to me and goes
lady: "your black friday deal sucks!"
me: "i'm sorry to hear that, have you seen our good deals at either mall entrances, we have very very good deals there"
lady "i don't want that shit, whats the sale on this *points to a regular priced under armour sweater"
me: "they are 15% off, but we do have the hoodies on for 25% off + the additional 15"
lady "only 15% thats crap! your entire store should be half price for black friday"
me *half jokingly* "yea that would be nice"
lady "so how are you going to compensate me, I took a day off work because you guys said you are going to make amazing deals"
me "um...madam, we cant really compensate you, but if its this sweater that you are after I can take an additional 25% off on top of the 15% off for you since you took a day off to come down today"
lady "only 25%? I am missing a day's pay here because you guys dragged me down to shop"
now i'm thinking wtf....nobody dragged you down here lady...
me "madam, this is the best I can do for this item, but again we have great deals all over the store until 10am, and we have door crasher items at 60% off + an additional 15% until 10am"
lady "this is stupid, your sale sucks"
me "....I'm sorry you feel that way"

at this point I had to leave because we had 2 hour line ups already at all 7 cash registers and I was busy.

I really don't know what this lady wanted....but really got a kick when she wanted to be compensated for taking a day off work to come shop, and she claims we "dragged her" to the store.
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:55 PM   #218
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
You are a very patient fellow, you way over-entertained that lady, I would have just said "Okay, have a nice day" and walked away from her like 10 seconds into that conversation. Don't feed the trolls lol
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2015, 10:57 PM   #219

^^ I would ask for her boss number to confirm she did take the day off before giving her any promos.
Me: Sure we can see what we can do compensate for you, but first I need to confirm that you did take a day off work from work and not your regular day off. Can I have the phone number of your manager or boss so I can confirm that. Otherwise we won't be able to compensate you or give you any discount other than what you saw on the flyer.
I work retails before and during sales I don't have two shits about customer who complains about the discount. It is on the flyer. Want more? Too bad so sad.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:44 AM   #220
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Bumping this back up because I recently remembered a short story about a customer I dealt with a couple weeks ago.

Lady came into work complaining about her one week old Canon printer not working. While I'm a manager, I wasn't the MOD so I let that person handle it. She verifies the receipt and begins to process the exchange. I'm bored as hell at the time so I go to check the printer to make sure the lady hasn't accidentally left any papers in the machine. Nothing in the auto feeder, good. Nothing in the output tray, excellent.

Let's check the flatbed scanner.

I think I've found why the printer isn't working, ma'am. You're a dirty mother fucker with an ant problem in your house. Sadly I couldn't say that out-loud without being severely reprimanded by Home Office, but I bring it to the lady's attention.

Who then offered to vacuum the ants and their larvae out.

Sadly my coworker had already processed the return at that point so all we could do was eat the cost of that return by coding it out of the system and immediately throwing the unit away, lest we infect all of our customer's units.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: