REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Warcraft (https://www.revscene.net/forums/706132-warcraft.html)

winson604 11-03-2015 10:11 AM

Warcraft

ScizzMoney 11-03-2015 12:17 PM

I have a feeling this movie is going to tank very hard.

murd0c 11-03-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScizzMoney (Post 8695818)
I have a feeling this movie is going to tank very hard.

The virgins will make sure that doesn't happen.

radioman 11-03-2015 01:47 PM

Still waiting for the full on trailer. Would be cool if this movie takes off. I've always liked the lore of the warcraft realm.

Eatman 11-03-2015 02:55 PM

Been waiting for the movie trailer too, should be coming out on the 6th.

Let's hope it doesn't turn out like Final Fantasy: The Spirits within....

Mr.HappySilp 11-03-2015 04:18 PM

I will watch it! Even if it sucks I will still download and watch it lol

mk1freak 11-03-2015 07:24 PM

i just wanna see how paula does garona......

ziggyx 11-06-2015 11:56 AM

Acura604 11-06-2015 01:04 PM

^^ they shoulda used real orcs, not CGI. damnit.

SkinnyPupp 11-06-2015 01:45 PM

Looks so fucking bad EleGiggle

I'll watch it anyway of course

Ch28 11-06-2015 02:09 PM

This has all the makings of an excellent movie or a really, really bad one :lol

muteki 11-06-2015 03:30 PM

Hmm...

ScizzMoney 11-06-2015 03:41 PM

Looks pretty bad, imo.

dlo 11-06-2015 06:49 PM

doesnt look bad to me.. lol

TjAlmeida 11-06-2015 07:12 PM

What looks bad about it? Only thing that seems obvious/blah is the storyline. Rest looks pretty sweet.

StylinRed 11-06-2015 08:33 PM

expected to hear 'zug zug' or 'oookay' in the trailer... other than that this looks like it should be on the SyFy channel

the cgi will hopefully vastly improve by the time it's out in theatres but... yeah

SkinnyPupp 11-06-2015 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjAlmeida (Post 8696881)
What looks bad about it? Only thing that seems obvious/blah is the storyline. Rest looks pretty sweet.

Shitty CGI, shitty acting, obviously basic plot filled with cliches, poorly designed characters, and it's completely lacking the Blizzard flavour that makes the Warcraft universe appealing...

They could have done it in the style of Blizzard's cinematics with their art style and unique flavour/humor. Even with the same lame cliched storyline (which is the basic plot of Warcraft anyway), it would have been a fine cartoon/animated movie.

radioman 11-06-2015 09:02 PM

^lol wut

TjAlmeida 11-06-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8696898)
Shitty CGI, shitty acting, obviously basic plot filled with cliches, poorly designed characters, and it's completely lacking the Blizzard flavour that makes the Warcraft universe appealing...

They could have done it in the style of Blizzard's cinematics with their art style and unique flavour/humor. Even with the same lame cliched storyline (which is the basic plot of Warcraft anyway), it would have been a fine cartoon/animated movie.

Sooo your expecting CGI worthy of release 8 months in advance. poorly designed characters, they fit in with a current visual appeal that world of warcraft portrays. This looks like an early forced release to start building interest for the movie which is months away. No point completely throwing it under the bus over one trailer.

SkinnyPupp 11-06-2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjAlmeida (Post 8696907)
Sooo your expecting CGI worthy of release 8 months in advance. poorly designed characters, they fit in with a current visual appeal that world of warcraft portrays. This looks like an early forced release to start building interest for the movie which is months away. No point completely throwing it under the bus over one trailer.

The poor CGI can be excused, fine. It will still look shitty in the end though - realistic CGI always does. Jurrasic World went from "god awful" to "not as cartoonish" between trailers, so a precedent has been set.

Every other point I made still stands though, so I can concede the shitty CGI. Point taken.

I can throw it under the bus because I know what to expect from modern action movies these days. These heavy CGI half cartoon/half movies are almost always bad. Also it's just my personal opinion, feel free to disagree. A lot of people paid money to get shit on by Transformers movies, Jurassic Park, Ultron, etc. If you enjoy that crap, fine by me. We'll disagree forever about them though. And that's fine.

PS thanks for making an actual post instead of retarded single phrase insults FeelsGoodMan

Vale46Rossi 11-07-2015 12:29 AM

I dont know but I'm pretty excited :D

Lomac 11-07-2015 06:41 AM

This should have been done in full CGI. Blizzard has a well earned reputation for creating spectacular trailers all in CGI and I feel that the world lends itself better to that style rather than a live action.

That said, I haven't played Warcraft since it ended its days as an RTS game and have nothing invested in the WoW universe. I'm sure I'll still watch this once it pops up on Netflix but it seems far too cliche. Mind you, what video game to big screen adaption hasn't ended up sucking in the end? Final Fantasy: Spirits Within was a visual feast, but suffered from a poor storyline. The Resident Evil series is fun, but is also filled with overused cliches and poor acting. I don't expect these adaptions to win an Oscar, but it would be nice to see one set in the game universe while still trying something original.

SoNaRWaVe 11-07-2015 08:41 AM

i will watch this for sure regardless how shitty it may or may not seem. always had been a fan of warcraft.

it would have been hilarious if they threw in a zug zug in there though lol, paid homage to what warcraft was initially was before it turned mmo rpg.

DragonChi 11-07-2015 10:44 AM

Plot thicker than water, but like everyone else, I'm going to watch.

Inaii 11-07-2015 06:31 PM

Going to watch regardless. I agree the art is kind of off putting though