REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:43 PM   #101
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
^ definitely what gets me too
Advertisement
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:17 PM   #102
PeP
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

You have to power through that, get more comfortable at high speeds.

Anyone been up to Cypress recently (ie. during winter break for kiddies), don't know if it's worth going if wait time for lines will be long and lots of traffic on the hill.
PeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:02 AM   #103
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeP View Post
You have to power through that, get more comfortable at high speeds.

Anyone been up to Cypress recently (ie. during winter break for kiddies), don't know if it's worth going if wait time for lines will be long and lots of traffic on the hill.
Don't go during the weekends if possible. Rental on weekends will take upwards of 2.5 hours (my friend went through with that). Otherwise, the past Sunday was amazing with the downpour of fresh powder. Amazing day.
tdeweyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:04 AM   #104
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Landing isn't too bad either, it's getting rid of the speed without eating it that usually gets me.
it's really about board control. If you can ride down steeper and choppier terrain with 100% confidence then landing on any kind of airtime is the essentially the same thing.

When I coached years ago, the one BIG mistake that people made when landing on any kind of jump was, they would look directly down at where they landed. which leads back to board control, and confidence in your own ability.

You have to be able to anticipate the terrain ahead of you and look FAR forward. if you look down at your feet, or at your gear, you might land successfully....however you will find that the majority of the time you won't be able to anticipate the pathway ahead of you.

The same goes for any box/rail, know where your feet/board/skis are, and look towards the landing. Once you're on the obstacle, slide it out and anticipate the landing....you'll be more successful and obtain more confidence.

One last piece of keyboard advice? learn to ride switch. And learn to ride it WELL. You'll never know when you will need it. IE: accidentally rotating while in the air or over rotating in the air, or just prepping for a switch take off. It really really comes in handy

Vangruver is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2015, 09:17 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangruver View Post
Jumping is easy....it's landing that's the hard part
landing...check
one of my friends broke their arm last week when we went...got free lift tickts though LOL
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:35 AM   #106
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,862 Times in 3,844 Posts
I'm a skier I'll ski anything but my biggest problem is getting rid of the extra speed from a jump or drop before I run out of space and hit a tree or choppy snow or something (I don't go in the park).
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:39 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I'm a skier I'll ski anything but my biggest problem is getting rid of the extra speed from a jump or drop before I run out of space and hit a tree or choppy snow or something (I don't go in the park).
the same principles apply. you actually have a better situation of scrubbing speed, since skis have twice the edges than a snowboard

Old 12-29-2015, 08:37 PM   #108
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I won a go pro through work. Gonna be using it this weekend. You guys have any videos of yourselves on the slopes? Post em up!
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:29 PM   #109
LYC
I don't get it

LYC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #110

My latest snap

This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2015, 11:50 PM   #111

This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2015, 05:26 PM   #112
I STILL don't get it

How are the conditions driving up to Whistler right now? Are winter tires enough?

Last edited by etodac; 12-31-2015 at 05:38 PM.
etodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:42 PM   #113
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etodac View Post
How are the conditions driving up to Whistler right now? Are winter tires enough?
Based on the highway cams it looks paved pretty much the whole way. Winter tires will be sufficient, just look at the upcoming forecast for any snow when you decide to head up. You shouldn't have a problem though.

We should get together for a little meet up soon. Reminiscing cypress from a number of years ago with 10+ people. Location will be cypress as it seems to be the one most people choose to go to/have passes for.

I can do weekends or else night owl (after 5pm) at cypress on weekdays because of work.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:33 PM   #114
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,862 Times in 3,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYC View Post

I had a similar day a few seasons back

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2016, 01:14 PM   #115

Dawn patrol
Why is the trail so busy? It's not even 8am. Everyone should be hungover.

Oh... Instagrammers

Still a great way to start the year.
ancient_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2016, 06:29 PM   #116
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,930 Times in 504 Posts
Was up at Sun Peaks from Boxing Day til New Year's, and I haven't had this fun of a season in a long time. Compared to the last few years, it was dead. Before, lineups at the bottom 2 chairs would touch each other by about 1 pm, but this year, the longest I lined up for was 10 minutes.

First day was a great powder day, over a foot deep in some places. The rest of the days had a great temperature inversion, so it was warmer on top, where all the good runs are. Visibility was great, sun was out 4/5 days I was there.

And some pics, just because they're almost mandatory lol.

Spoiler!
kakucaekz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2016, 09:00 AM   #117
PeP

Sweet; dat piste!
I'm going to Sun Peaks for a few days late Feb; hopefully snow holds out til then!
PeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:03 AM   #118

Anyone go up to cypress today? I'm planning on going tmr, curious about parking situation.

We're the further first two lots you see after the stop sign being filled or could you drive into the other lots at opening time 9am?
Old 01-02-2016, 09:49 PM   #119
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Anyone go up to cypress today? I'm planning on going tmr, curious about parking situation.

We're the further first two lots you see after the stop sign being filled or could you drive into the other lots at opening time 9am?
you can drive to the main lot instead of the first ones if you aim to go near opening time.
xnammerboiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:11 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnammerboiii View Post
you can drive to the main lot instead of the first ones if you aim to go near opening time.
Provided its not full by then unlike last monday (holiday for some people) haha. Took over an hour to park my car and get on the lift for my first run, had to park in the first overflow area close to the bus drop offs.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:34 PM   #121
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Was up on Cypress on X'mas day and yesterday.

Got there around 8:30am on X'mas day, parked near the end of the first lot. It started to get really busy so called it a day at around 2:30pm. It took me 1 full hour to drive from where I parked to the tube park intersection with all the traffic trying to get the the tube park area and people trying to park alongside the road.

Got to the mountain yesterday around 8:10 and the first 3 runs were great, no wait at the lift. While on the lift, you can see the rental line went all the way to where the $10 paid parking sign is, crazy.

Down for a Cypress meet. Can do weekends or weekday night owls except Mondays n Wednesdays.
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #122
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I went yesterday. Got there at 10am.I can't believe how long the rental line up is. I got to gonna test out gopro. Was amazed on how the quality of the videos were. I'll try to post some up.
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:32 PM   #123
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 6,990 Times in 1,882 Posts
Went on Saturday at Cypress. Rental line up was brutal Was like 3~ hrs

Line up for lifts wasn't too bad in the morning, got considerably busier in the afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:26 PM   #124

^ I went on saturday as well and I hated waiting in line to go up the lifts. The line was like doubled compared the usual. Plus people were just everywhere and stopping midway through @__@ getting in my way on the runs..

I almost wiped out a little kid practicing skiing.. He almost turned right into me since I was going full speed down the horizon lol ugh weekends.

If you're renting I suggest you to go to sports junkie or MEC whatever to get gear... Or just straight up buy your equipment on craigslist for ~150 whole set(board, bindings, boots) That way you avoid the crazy line ups. If anybody needs a pair of black goggles I actually have an old pair that you can keep. But its old and I never used it. Lol it's my cousins

As for parking, there's usually a guy standing there telling you to park to the left because the main lot is full...just go ahead anyway (there's still some parking spots up front so just go up and check before you park all the way in the back) lol i hate walking far

Last edited by guurl; 01-04-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:17 PM   #125

Went up on Sunday at opening and the line up was already getting close to the drop off zone, I too highly suggest just renting gear from somewhere off the mountain as the line up is just not worth it.
Still got in well over 10 runs and I left by 2pm when it started to get busy.

Wednesday to Sunday doesn't look like there will be any new snow up on Cypress, not sure if I should skip this weekend. Anyone else planning to go?