REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-04-2023, 10:36 PM   #2876
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,758 Times in 914 Posts
Isn't the nx tiny, even the Rx doesn't feel that big inside, not much rear leg room, the sloped trunk really effects the luggage space. I feel crv Rav 4 has more rear seat space than the Rx.
Advertisement
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 03:42 AM   #2877
RabidMod

Thanked 1,136 Times in 416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverT View Post

Just test drove this quad motor beast. The sound of the motors are different than Tesla. The tone has a low and high pitch that is maybe 25% louder than a Tesla permanent magnet motor.
It sounds like a drone with the quad motors all ripping up to high RPM in an all-wheel drift too.

Quote:
But when you go WOT with this thing, oh baby! [emoji23]

Interior quality is proper with the pricing of the vehicle. It’s a very nice place to be for trips and back seat occupants get a theatre view, being a tad higher than the front. The suspension deals with Vancouver Gas Town very well. It feels like you’re driving high but still with good body roll control so you don’t feel like dying if you come in too quick..
Yeah the hydraulic cross-linked suspension makes it defy physics. There's no way a 7000lb truck should be able to handle completely flat through a corner at the limit of traction and yet it does. And at the same time also bombs down an off-road trail with such compliance you'd think you'd barely left the tarmac. It's a far cry from my old FJ TT, which had tons of brake dive, jiggly chassis, head tossing: that's what you sign up for when you get a truck. But not with a Rivian .

Last edited by RabidRat; 08-05-2023 at 03:48 AM.
RabidRat is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2023, 04:37 AM   #2878
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,652 Times in 4,364 Posts
Holy where have you been hiding?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^PICS DAMNIT!!!! ill eat the pate out of her banhmi anytime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Now if only Hehe would pull his cock from his mouth.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2023, 07:20 AM   #2879
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,213 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Isn't the nx tiny, even the Rx doesn't feel that big inside, not much rear leg room, the sloped trunk really effects the luggage space. I feel crv Rav 4 has more rear seat space than the Rx.
It's definitely on the small side for its class - I'd say it's smaller on the inside than a CX-5/Q5/Macan. I wouldn't want to seat 3 abreast in the back and the trunk is only 22 cubes versus nearly 30 for some of its competition (RDX, X3 in particular). Now that my kid is a bit older and we aren't hauling lots of baby gear it might be ok for us. OTOH, the CR-V is still gigantic on the inside.
Old 08-05-2023, 07:45 AM   #2880
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Thanked 1,393 Times in 191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
It sounds like a drone with the quad motors all ripping up to high RPM in an all-wheel drift too.

Yeah the hydraulic cross-linked suspension makes it defy physics. There's no way a 7000lb truck should be able to handle completely flat through a corner at the limit of traction and yet it does. And at the same time also bombs down an off-road trail with such compliance you'd think you'd barely left the tarmac. It's a far cry from my old FJ TT, which had tons of brake dive, jiggly chassis, head tossing: that's what you sign up for when you get a truck. But not with a Rivian .
Damn I didn’t know it was that heavy. I’ve prob seen YouTube videos of it and read about it but it didn’t stick. Now it’ll stick since I experienced it first hand. It’s a pretty ridiculous ride. It’s so excessive compared to the start of EVs. But they had much more thought into designing a vehicle that is driven by humans with human needs as opposed to someone who thought their cars would be just driving humans around. But I have to give it to autopilot, which dealt with Vancouver traffic and getting me into downtown stress free. LOL

Old 08-05-2023, 07:45 AM   #2881
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 8,932 Times in 3,221 Posts
Quote:
Nx is stupidly small. The RX is however perfect inside for a small family. The newer 4th gen RX and now 5th-gen RX are quite reasonably spaced.

My dad drives a 3rd gen 2008 RX and it's tighter inside than my wife's 2018 RX.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 09:20 AM   #2882
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,286 Times in 1,059 Posts
Quote:

Just test drove this quad motor beast. The sound of the motors are different than Tesla. The tone has a low and high pitch that is maybe 25% louder than a Tesla permanent magnet motor. But when you go WOT with this thing, oh baby! [emoji23]

Interior quality is proper with the pricing of the vehicle. It’s a very nice place to be for trips and back seat occupants get a theatre view, being a tad higher than the front. The suspension deals with Vancouver Gas Town very well. It feels like you’re driving high but still with good body roll control so you don’t feel like dying if you come in too quick.

Overall it was a great experience.
I want a R1T pretty badly, I can't however stomach the 160k price tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
The pricing on the R1S doesn't seem so bad when I look at its competition - the upcoming R2S will probably end up being pretty competitive tool (and the right size for me). I'll have to go check out the Rivian store at Brentwood on Tuesday.

I test drove a NX350h and a CR-V Hybrid yesterday - other than funky brake feel the cars are remarkably normal and good. The sad trombone/dying cat sound of the 1.5T/CVT combo is gone with the Hybrid setup and it was perfectly adequate in terms of power. The Lexus was not as floaty/boaty as I expected but definitely smaller than I expected - the price felt a bit shocking though $75k+ for a nicely equipped one out the door, it didn't feel like a $75k kinda car.
Maybe I'll drag my wife to Brentwood so we can look at the R1T. She gave me a hard though when we walked by the Mazda store at RC and I wanted to check out the CX90 they had on display.

My brother and one of my wife's friends bought a NX450h (Rav4 Prime equivalent) and they cost 90+ out the door. We went to pick up our play pen from the friend and dropped off their bassinet and she was surprised how much bigger our X3 was inside. The battery really takes up space, the X3 PHEV trunk floor is 2 inches higher and it really eats into the available space.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 12:43 PM   #2883

Im in china right now in the south near guangzhou and its crazy even in the outer towns how many different electric cars there are.
I kept on seeing build your dreams on the back of car and was like wtf is that. Then figured it was BYD. Pretty cool seeing so many different ones and lots of teslas woth wrap jobs here too.

D-Built 2.0 LSVTEC TURBO
beatdownvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2023, 02:33 PM   #2884
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Rivians seem super cool but stuff like this is crazy. $42k repair hill for a fender bender? https://www.yahoo.com/news/rivian-ow...183033648.html
headhunt3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 10:32 AM   #2885
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Anyone know if you gift/sell your EV within 1 year you have to pay back the federal + provincial rebate? Can't seem to find any official documentation on it.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 11:37 AM   #2886

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
Anyone know if you gift/sell your EV within 1 year you have to pay back the federal + provincial rebate? Can't seem to find any official documentation on it.
Technically, you'd probably be on the hook for the rebate but I haven't heard of anyone actually being asked to pay it back yet.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 08:17 PM   #2887

Thanked 3,130 Times in 984 Posts
Mazda Cx90
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ibextid=6ojiHh
Old 08-06-2023, 08:21 PM   #2888

That seems pretty good deal considering how much a prime is?
Old 08-07-2023, 11:44 AM   #2889
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
That seems pretty good deal considering how much a prime is?
That's just MSRP... no deal there.
These vehicles aren't really comparable... CX90 is a full size larger (3 row), and this model is just a mild hybrid.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 08:06 AM   #2890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
That's just MSRP... no deal there.
These vehicles aren't really comparable... CX90 is a full size larger (3 row), and this model is just a mild hybrid.
Apparently the demand for the PHEV version is way higher than Mazda expected (like double) so I'm guessing there will be deals to be had for the mild hybrid version soon. This version though still gets pretty good fuel economy for what it is though - 25mpg combined versus 21mpg for its competition (MDX, Pilot, Palisade).

Love that interior - looks and feels expensive.
Old 08-08-2023, 08:44 AM   #2891

Saw a Mirai this morning, saw it squirt water when it accelerated wondering if those a worth a look, I googled and it seems like there's more hydrogen stations now. Do they still give like $15000 fuel credit?
Old 08-08-2023, 08:45 AM   #2892

I wouldn't mind a mx30 if it was cheaper as a city run around
Old 08-08-2023, 09:00 AM   #2893
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,781 Times in 1,192 Posts
Quote:
Saw a Mirai this morning, saw it squirt water when it accelerated wondering if those a worth a look, I googled and it seems like there's more hydrogen stations now. Do they still give like $15000 fuel credit?
I believe we only have 3 hydrogen station in the entire yvr. Unless you live or work close or along the way with one, it’s a pretty bad and inconvenient option.
Old 08-08-2023, 09:30 AM   #2894
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
I wouldn't mind a mx30 if it was cheaper as a city run around
I saw a few listed at around $30k and thought they were a good deal with only 5% tax.

On a side note, I'm looking for someone to take over my '22 Kia Soul EV Premium lease at $450/mo tax-in. PM me if you or know someone that might be interested. Really love the car but I don't have a use for it anymore.

Last edited by radeonboy; 08-08-2023 at 09:36 AM.
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2023, 09:14 AM   #2895

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Maybe I'll drag my wife to Brentwood so we can look at the R1T. She gave me a hard though when we walked by the Mazda store at RC and I wanted to check out the CX90 they had on display.
I took a look on Tuesday and it's very nice all around - high quality materials and seems well put together but the ride height is sorta ridiculous. I suppose all pickups have really high step in heights now so that they can tower over everything but it's a total dealbreaker for me when I cart around my in-laws or parents (too hard for them to climb in) or want my 4 year old to climb in.

OTOH, I'm renting an Ioniq5 this weekend and my 4 year old loves it b/c of how low it is to the ground and for how much room there is in the back - it's nearly CR-V sized in the back. It's a nice car though my wife's first comment was that it felt cheap (it's AWD Preferred trim with cloth seats). Lots of power, handles well enough and the range is more than enough for us. The dealbreaker though is that the ergonomics suck - the driver's seat is the MOST uncomfortable seat I've ever sat in, I can't drive it for more than 30 mins without upper back pain b/c of how the wings pinch my back. B/c of my seating and steering wheel position I also can't see the top third of the dash so I can't see the speedometer without ducking down. I like it enough though that I'd consider a Genesis version (assuming the seats don't suck too).
Old 08-13-2023, 10:43 AM   #2896

Polestar Vancouver relocated from Park Royal to Burrard street across from Regency Lexus. Visited them yesterday and they have a Polestar 3 on display there. Car felt very nice inside and pricing seems reasonable for a premium EV SUV of its size ($97k base price).

This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2023, 01:09 PM   #2897

Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonboy View Post
Polestar Vancouver relocated from Park Royal to Burrard street across from Regency Lexus. Visited them yesterday and they have a Polestar 3 on display there. Car felt very nice inside and pricing seems reasonable for a premium EV SUV of its size ($97k base price).

It looks really nice. That being said, unless you need a car right away, i'd wait until they change their charge ports over to the NACS as they will be far more useful in the long term with one of those charge ports.
Old 08-13-2023, 01:21 PM   #2898
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,286 Times in 1,059 Posts
Quote:

That looks like a massive blind spot.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 01:36 PM   #2899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koflach View Post
It looks really nice. That being said, unless you need a car right away, i'd wait until they change their charge ports over to the NACS as they will be far more useful in the long term with one of those charge ports.
I asked about the NACS timeline with orders placed now for Q2 2024 delivery and he wasn't sure if it'll be NACS or CCS. I assume a NACS adapter will be included if the initial units come with CCS. There's no rush to order one now in between potential 1st-year production hiccups and NACS changeover in the future (not that I'm in the bracket for this).
Old 08-15-2023, 04:43 PM   #2900

Quote:
I asked about the NACS timeline with orders placed now for Q2 2024 delivery and he wasn't sure if it'll be NACS or CCS. I assume a NACS adapter will be included if the initial units come with CCS. There's no rush to order one now in between potential 1st-year production hiccups and NACS changeover in the future (not that I'm in the bracket for this).
My only concern with using an adapter is it's ability to handle the higher power superchargers. My wife has a 2022 id4 and the adapter she has so it can use our tesla charger isn't capable of handling superchargers.