REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Electric and Hybrid Car Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/706431-electric-hybrid-car-thread.html)

Manic! 02-23-2021 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 9019031)
I thought there was a huge backlog on repair parts from Tesla atm?

but whats there to repair?

TypeRNammer 02-23-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 9019035)
but whats there to repair?

Probably regarding body repair.

Wait list for parts

Wait list for bringing a Tesla into the approved bodyshop.

Think mine took about 3 months from booking an appointment to finally getting it repaired from a rear Ender's.

JDMDreams 02-23-2021 04:54 PM

^ so what happens? Do you get a replacement car for the 3 months? Another Tesla?

TypeRNammer 02-24-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMDreams (Post 9019054)
^ so what happens? Do you get a replacement car for the 3 months? Another Tesla?

Basically you're driving around your Tesla with damaged panels until there's an opening at the bodyshop.

Once at the shop, then they will provide a courtesy car.

Mine took about a week for it to get fixed.

But a couple of months for a spot to open up at the bodyshop

underscore 02-24-2021 09:20 AM

What happens if it's something you can't drive around with, like a door?

twitchyzero 02-24-2021 09:46 AM

https://thumb.spokesman.com/3sMSelOQ...OTER_1.JPG.jpg

Manic! 02-24-2021 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 9019114)

Are those available in Vancouver?

punkwax 02-24-2021 11:50 AM

^ not Limes but I rented a similar scoot in Kelowna last year and it was fuuuuun.

Traum 02-24-2021 01:55 PM

If e-scooters are approved for general private use on city streets / sidewalk / bike lanes, it would reduce my car use by so much that it isn't even funny. It's really too bad that Vancouver is moving so slowly on this issue.

An e-scooter would be the #1 EV that I'd love to purchase.

TypeRNammer 02-24-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 9019112)
What happens if it's something you can't drive around with, like a door?

Good question, hasn't happened to me yet ***knock on wood***

twitchyzero 02-24-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 9019156)
If e-scooters are approved for general private use on city streets / sidewalk / bike lanes, it would reduce my car use by so much that it isn't even funny. It's really too bad that Vancouver is moving so slowly on this issue.

An e-scooter would be the #1 EV that I'd love to purchase.

what's stopping you? will Cain VI e-scooters?

Traum 02-24-2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 9019202)
what's stopping you? will Cain VI e-scooters?

I just don't want to bother with the risks of getting ticketed. I know people have been saying that as long as you ride one sensibly, you should be OK. But I live in Vancouver, and as you can imagine, my faith in the VPD for this sort of thing isn't really all that high.

Vege 02-26-2021 06:35 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/tech/...all/index.html

Hyundai just had to recall all their Konas due to their batteries catching fire.

supafamous 03-01-2021 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 9018751)
single motor ID.4 0-60 8.5s

ok its buyers aren't gonna care and that's fine for ICE but seems lethargic for an EV

Where's your number from? Motor Trend has it at 7.4 which is pretty reasonable for an entry level EV - MT doesn't abuse their cars too much for testing so that should be a realistic number. https://www.motortrend.com/cars/volk...t-test-review/

Reviews in general sound pretty good - it's the first EV that is legit interesting to me that I can afford (The Taycan is the other one that is interesting). The dual motor one would probably be plenty of daily performance for me. Now I just need a place to charge it since I park on the street.

twitchyzero 03-01-2021 07:48 AM

European review so different spec or underrated by vw

VR6GTI 03-01-2021 07:07 PM

Anyone here have a deposit down on the Mach E? Seems like most reviews I have read have it rated better than the model Y

Manic! 03-01-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6GTI (Post 9019664)
Anyone here have a deposit down on the Mach E? Seems like most reviews I have read have it rated better than the model Y

Talked to a salesman at the dealership when they announced it. Mom needed a new car. Could not get an accurate price just some rough estimates depending on the model, options launch edition etc. Have a model Y now. Dad drives it more than his Porsche cayenne turbo hybrid. When Tesla has full self driving it's game over.

JDMDreams 03-01-2021 09:57 PM

I'm sold on the auto pilot already, why do I have to drive myself like a peasant when the car can drive itself. I haven't really driven any other system, so I'm not sure if that's the best system.

twitchyzero 03-02-2021 05:31 AM

very interesting spectrum of people holding onto manuals and those who can't wait for autonomous

i can see it being frustrating 4-way stops up a hill with more than a few cars in front of you each morning ..otherwise dailying a fun car hasn't bothered me even in 3 full lanes on kingsway/broadway etc.

JDMDreams 03-02-2021 08:32 AM

My daily commute consists of highways and stop and go city traffic. It makes no sense to drive my supercharged v8 or my supercharged v6 toy cars as dd anymore given that they both need premium and I'm guessing it's about $1.65 now. Also I get complementary vi if I drive them into Van. A base model 3 would probably beat them off the line at any red light. Let alone a dual motor. I've tried the base y and nothing can out accelerate you at a red light. I'm not paying for any gas in stop and go traffic plus it will pretty much drive itself on the highway. I don't see any negatives as a dd. The amount I'm spending on gas each month currently pays for like 80% of the Tesla payment.

This is a base rwd model y with the software upgrade for like $2500:lawl:

Bender Unit 03-02-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMDreams (Post 9019693)
The amount I'm spending on gas each month currently pays for like 80% of the Tesla payment.https://youtu.be/fXQCSZK6Gl4

^This. Agreed
That's why I am joining EV gang and trading in my SUV this weekend

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6GTI (Post 9019664)

I just spotted a Mach E yesterday. Someone Test Drove it.
Probably from nearby dealership Brown's Bro
It looks small

AstulzerRZD 03-02-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender Unit (Post 9019697)
^This. Agreed
That's why I am joining EV gang and trading in my SUV this weekend

It looks small

I hear those early build Mach Es aren't any better built than the Model Y

sonick 03-02-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD (Post 9019704)
I hear those early build Mach Es aren't any better built than the Model Y

Heard this as well based on youtube reviews; might be a nitpick but I find the door pulls are goofy, looks like a stick-on 'mod' you buy at the Chinese car accessory shop at Parker Place:

https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/Qsf...g-mache-69.jpg

radeonboy 03-02-2021 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender Unit (Post 9019697)

It looks small

I saw these at the LA auto show - it's long but narrow in width giving it weird proportions. For reference it's narrower than a Model 3 (1880mm vs. 1933mm)

twitchyzero 03-03-2021 07:27 AM

no heat pump is a bummer