REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-03-2021, 11:14 AM   #401
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
^^ it doesn't seem that good, and we don't get anywhere near as good discounts as the us
Advertisement
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:23 PM   #402
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
I'm sold on the auto pilot already, why do I have to drive myself like a peasant when the car can drive itself. I haven't really driven any other system, so I'm not sure if that's the best system.
I find AP very disappointing.. its more stressful driving with it than without it.. haha. It doesn't seem to slowdown at all on highway curves, and it doesn't automatically change your speed when you move from a 50 ->70 zone for example.. it's seems pretty elementary considering that tesla's are supposed to be close to fully driving themselves.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:47 AM   #403
G
Banned (BBM)

Haven't looked through this thread in detail but have a couple questions:

Anyone have any thoughts regarding buying used Tesla vs new Tesla? I heard there are some potential issues buying used relating to switching users that might change car extras or something?

Thoughts on financing with Tesla directly versus through banks or other mediums?
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:57 PM   #404

I've looked at used too but since Tesla's hold their value so well it makes no sense. Ppl are asking like $45000 for a few year old model 3. Which is basically what they paid new minus the discount. And you have to figure out financing.

Tesla offered me 2.4% on a 96 mth loan. It doesn't make sense for me to buy used unless I take money from a home line of credit at lower than 2.4%

Also for model 3 and y they introduce heat pumps which gives you a more efficient hvac so you get more range than older models. 21 is a refresh year.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:03 PM   #405
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Finally got my RAV4 PRIME XSE Tech pack today.
1 year 4 months wait since initial depoist
Happy to trade in my SUV for half PHEV

Old 03-06-2021, 06:44 PM   #406
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

96 months lol. Is that the new normal? Sounds horrible.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 02:29 PM   #407

Spent 3 hours at Tesla trying to deliver a car, still fixing defects exhausted
Old 03-07-2021, 02:32 PM   #408
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Spent 3 hours at Tesla trying to deliver a car, still fixing defects exhausted
Exhausted because of a car that has no exhaust. LOL~

(I do hope the issues will get sorted out soon and that you can finish the delivery soon.)
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 02:46 PM   #409
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Anyone have any thoughts regarding buying used Tesla vs new Tesla?
I found that Tesla's prices on their site were often better than private/third party.. and you get the 1 year warranty. So to me, it was a no-brainer. We picked up our model X for less than any private or 3p dealer had at the time.

Most private Model 3 sellers are on crack. They post their cars higher than the ones right from Tesla.

Quote:
I heard there are some potential issues buying used relating to switching users that might change car extras or something?
The only issue that I know of is the if a car goes back through Tesla, there is a possibility that they change or remove options. For example, a car may have had unlimited supercharging, but after going through tesla, it gets removed.
This wouldn't be an issue in a private/3p sale. Although, to be fair, Tesla tells you exactly what the car comes with, so its not like you're paying for something and then it gets taken away from you.
G
Old 03-07-2021, 03:34 PM   #410
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender Unit View Post

Congrats!
Coincidentally, I traded in for a Rav4 Hybrid Limited today at same dealership too
cdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2021, 12:33 PM   #411

Alright long post is long. This is a Tesla buying experience. Not my personal car but I was involved from test drive to picking up the car. Ordered mid Feb and just picked up the car yesterday. So about 3 weeks for a base 3.

Not sure how this compares so other brands but it's been years since I got a new car. It took like 6 hours to deliver the car. Had an appointment at noon, they looked pretty busy. Took about 30 min to inspect the car. Over all panel gaps is good. But lots of small issues. Lots of left over adhesive on the car from the protection wrap they said. Rub marks on the roof panel, they said it was from the black rubber gloves they use and it just leaves streaks in the headliner. One taillight had a chip in the plastic, passenger glass had a scratch on it, front bumper had a paint chip, and a gouge that can catch your fingernail. Bolts holding the hood on had paint flaking off exposing metal bolts.

Took a few hours to replace the glass, taillight. However really had to work them to swap a bumper, as originally the reps were just saying they would put touch up paint on, but the bumper was still gouged. Also when they replaced the glass they put a scratch on the wood trim on the dash. so at final inspection it was like 5 pm already and everyone was hella tired. They replaced the bumper but now there's scratches on the fog light lens. So basically we just put it on record to fix the dash and the fog light. Not sure if this will really be fixed in the future. Also they painted the bolts, but it looked like someone just brushed on some white out. As they painted on top of the flaking paint......

So not sure how to feel about this. Maybe it was cuz it was a Sunday and they were trying to rush things out. But I felt it was quite sloppy and caused more damage with every fix. I don't think I was being overly picky. The trim rubber pieces also have very rough excess molding on them.

I'm still on the fence when and what model to order as they say the bc grant money is running low.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2021, 12:50 PM   #412
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
shouldn’t all this be done after pdi and before you come by?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:33 PM   #413
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
shouldn’t all this be done after pdi and before you come by?
You would think, but this is fairly common among my Tesla-owning friends, and part of why I don't really want to buy a Tesla.

Most of them have had to come back a few times to the repair center to have delivery deficiencies taken care of...
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 02:23 PM   #414
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Ugh, JDMDreams... I'm sorry you had to put up with that kind of crap... Experience like yours is why I am so hesitant on Tesla...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 04:23 PM   #415

Quote:
I'm still on the fence when and what model to order as they say the bc grant money is running low.
For Tesla, only Model 3 SR qualifed for Federal & BC rebate.
since they removed Model Y SR

https://www.cevforbc.ca/sites/defaul...%20website.pdf

https://tc.canada.ca/en/road-transpo...r-izev-program
Old 03-08-2021, 04:40 PM   #416

I'm wondering if they will continue to top up as no one will buy if there's no grant. O and the 3 I picked up is the newest build and it still doesn't have heated steering wheel which I really want.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:01 PM   #417
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Are most of these issues usually only on the Tesla Model 3? Are these issues found on the Model X or Model S as well?
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:09 AM   #418
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
someone shared a horror story of a Y everything from scratches to misalignment to grease stains, total nightmare

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:57 PM   #419

I bought my 3 in September 2018 and my delivery experience was completely the opposite of yours JDMDreams. I think I was in and out in about 2 hours from when we first sat down. I bought a Long Range RWD 3 and there were no issues it. After the fact I did have them make an adjustment to one of the panel gaps but actual delivery experience was great.

One thing that they really need to do a better job on though is pre delivery inspections and to stop pressuring people to take the car when it is not up to standards.

However, Tesla is far from the only company with these issues. I worked for Middlegate Honda for a little while about 15+ years ago and remember delivering a Honda Fit to someone with what looked like a cigarette burn in the paint on the roof. As the car was so new in the market they took the car under the promise of getting it repaired. Not once did I ever have anyone question things like panel gaps there, it seems like people have really focused in on this issue with Tesla's but essentially ignore it on other brands.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:18 PM   #420
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I had a few tesla vehicles come through the shop. They were all used units. The fit and finish, the build quality are quite poor on all of them. They didn't age well. Even on units that are supposedly accident free, there were paint drips, crooked bumpers, missing screws, under spray, loose trims. The interiors wore out quickly as well as lots of rattles. One was filled with sand. Apparently some plug or seal was missing or not sealing, dirt gets sucked into the car some how. On ones that needed repairs, parts took forever to arrive. There was one with a glitchy screen. Nothing I could do. The thing was a paperweight half the time. Teslas are not built like normal cars. It kind of resembles Lotus in its manufacturing and that's generally not a good thing. Makes you scratch your head on some of their engineering choices. As someone who likes build quality, redundancies, and fail safes, I wouldn't recommend a tesla. If you want an reliable, durable electric car, you really should wait for Honda or Toyota to build one. And the tesla cult is a real thing. Its scary how far they are willing to go to defend the brand and their messiah musk. Mirrors those belonging to the apple cult and or the RR Porsche cult.
toyota86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2021, 03:28 PM   #421
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
The service and product itself is mediocre with Tesla. Would get better service buying a Honda/Toyota than Tesla. Buddy brother spent $90K for a brand new Y and when he went in on the day to take delivery, so many quality defects. It's supposed to be a brand "new" vehicle, it look like it was in used condition LOL.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:44 AM   #422
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Haven't looked through this thread in detail but have a couple questions:

Anyone have any thoughts regarding buying used Tesla vs new Tesla? I heard there are some potential issues buying used relating to switching users that might change car extras or something?

Thoughts on financing with Tesla directly versus through banks or other mediums?
Buy used unless they are much lower than new, but I found used tesla on craigslist / fb marketplace are more expensive than brand new...

Most used 2019 base 3 with about 30,000-50,000 km mileage are listed for like $45k or so.. if you buy brand new, you have the government incentive, 0 km, brand new interior, and warranty too...

My Buyer / Seller Rating
http://www.revscene.net/forums/60152...o-6-0-0-a.html
Y2K_o__o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 09:00 AM   #423
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender Unit View Post

Nice. Congrats! This is what I wanted, but I just didn't want to wait over a year. Even the 3 months I waited to get my XSE Hybrid felt like forever...haha.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 09:11 AM   #424

I went and test drove a 2020 Outlander phev and it's not bad in terms of driving, doesn't feel under powered or sluggish as reviews say. More than enough for city driving, and you really have to floor it to get the gas engine to kick in. Also they already have a 2022 new Outlander at metro Mitsubishi. But no pricing and not allowed to test drive yet. I sat in it and it's a huge improvement over the current car.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:44 PM   #425
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
looks great (concept)

twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote