REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-04-2024, 04:18 PM   #4501
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
$1218 a month without insurance is still a f-tonne for a car payment tho
Don't forget that this is only the price for 10 months, two of those months you'll have 3 payments.
Advertisement
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 05:09 PM   #4502
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Thanked 1,008 Times in 158 Posts
no thx

will be driving manual ICE vehicles forever
Old 05-05-2024, 11:32 AM   #4503
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,414 Times in 3,481 Posts
I don't know if everyone knows this but many tesla's use the same battery pack and range is software locked. People who own a RWD model Y will now be able to to pay extra to get an upgrade to the long range spec.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mode...range-upgrade/

Quote:
Tesla Model Y owners with recent RWD configuration models will soon be able to buy a software-locked range upgrade, according to a statement from CEO Elon Musk this week.

After Tesla launched the new Model Y Long Range RWD in the U.S. on Friday night to replace the previous RWD trim, Musk said on X that the automaker would soon be offering range upgrade purchases for the now-axed configuration.

The statement came in response to Tesla investor and reporter Sawyer Merritt in a post about the new Model Y trim, to which Musk said that the Model Y RWD units built over the past several months will have access to the software-unlocked range upgrade, depending on the battery cells included.

While he says Tesla is still working on regulatory approval for the range upgrade, he notes that owners will soon have the option to pay $1,500 to $2,000 to unlock the range upgrade, effectively adding between 40 and 60 miles to the Model Y.
Old 05-05-2024, 09:20 PM   #4504
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Or just wait for the battery degradation to take the max down from "long range" to not. Software lock likely still uses all the cells.
headhunt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 04:55 PM   #4505
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,059 Times in 1,931 Posts
We all kind of knew this was coming but .. officially?

Fisker files for creditor protection in Austria, may close U.S. headquarters

https://driving.ca/auto-news/industr...s-headquarters
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 05:12 PM   #4506
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,757 Times in 913 Posts
They just started pumping out cars I wonder why they file now and not try to get more funding. And I thought they had China money. I guess that's the other fisker
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 06:05 PM   #4507

Thanked 3,128 Times in 983 Posts
I thought they were going to merge with Nissan
Old 05-08-2024, 12:52 PM   #4508
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
I thought they were going to merge with Nissan
That deal fell through which sent the stock tumbling and delisted.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 07:43 PM   #4509
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,187 Times in 240 Posts
looks fun

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/BhKsm29AD2Q
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2024, 09:50 PM   #4510

Thanked 2,098 Times in 565 Posts

https://youtu.be/okYc93JEevs?si=V7mypkB5mP4xfU5i&t=1923

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2024, 08:32 AM   #4511
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,757 Times in 913 Posts
Saw two oceans on the streets today, I wonder how bad they are worse than vinfast? It certainly looks pretty nice
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 08:33 AM   #4512
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,704 Times in 5,217 Posts
You should get both and then report back
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 08:58 AM   #4513
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,197 Posts
Pretty impressive how the Ioniq 5 received universal praise when it first came out, and now the 5N is getting the same kind of reception.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 06:27 PM   #4514

Thanked 2,202 Times in 977 Posts
https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...ff-2024-05-15/

Quote:
The day before Elon Musk fired virtually all of Tesla’s electric-vehicle charging division last month, they had high hopes as charging chief Rebecca Tinucci went to meet with Musk about the network’s future, four former charging-network staffers told Reuters.

After Tinucci had cut between 15% and 20% of staffers two weeks earlier, part of much wider layoffs, they believed Musk would affirm plans for a massive charging-network expansion.

The meeting could not have gone worse. Musk, the employees said, was not pleased with Tinucci’s presentation and wanted more layoffs. When she balked, saying deeper cuts would undermine charging-business fundamentals, he responded by firing her and her entire 500-member team.
People willingly buy cars from this lunatic?
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2024, 08:22 PM   #4515
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,332 Times in 2,526 Posts
The charging network is by far Tesla's strongest asset right now. In the face of their recent sales slow down, it makes no sense that he fired the whole team on a whim.

Could this possibly be Tesla's definitive turning point to its downfall?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2024, 08:53 PM   #4516

Thanked 2,769 Times in 1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
The charging network is by far Tesla's strongest asset right now. In the face of their recent sales slow down, it makes no sense that he fired the whole team on a whim.

Could this possibly be Tesla's definitive turning point to its downfall?
Nah... I think Elon learned a thing or two when he fired the majority of people at Twitter. Elon Musk asked the SC lead to trim x amount of people, she refused, so he just fired everyone and re-establish the team.

The auto sector or really the economy as a whole is pretty bad now. We haven't even seen the start of it. From a historical sense, the true downturn is usually a quarter or two once the central bank starts to pivot.

Everyone in the silicon valley is trimming its headcount. They have no problem attracting talents when the good time comes. But they need to prepare it beforehand.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:21 PM   #4517
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Nah... I think Elon learned a thing or two when he fired the majority of people at Twitter. Elon Musk asked the SC lead to trim x amount of people, she refused, so he just fired everyone and re-establish the team.

The auto sector or really the economy as a whole is pretty bad now. We haven't even seen the start of it. From a historical sense, the true downturn is usually a quarter or two once the central bank starts to pivot.

Everyone in the silicon valley is trimming its headcount. They have no problem attracting talents when the good time comes. But they need to prepare it beforehand.
According to the news article, she already cut 15-20% of the workforce two weeks prior, so it seemed like she already tried to reduce headcount. The fact that they ended up re-hiring some of the people that they initially would suggest that Elon learned nothing from the Twitter debacle A team of 500 seems like a drop in the bucket compared to the $50 billion pay package that Musk was asking for...
jaaagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 10:28 PM   #4518
Performance Moderator

Elon is a racist piece of shit, I'll buy an electric one day but it's not going to be from him
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2024, 06:34 AM   #4519
RabidMod

Thanked 1,131 Times in 414 Posts
^ Yeah I keep coming back to this. Tesla makes a great product and I'd like to get one, but enabling this guy is not ideal.

I hope Rivian succeeds. I like RJ and the company's ethos. There were too many early-adopter challenges with the R1T for me to hang on to it, but I think the R2's going to be solid.

Last edited by RabidRat; 05-16-2024 at 06:43 AM.
RabidRat is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2024, 06:52 AM   #4520

Thanked 2,202 Times in 977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
So instead of trimming the team the percentage he was asking for he got mad like a toddler and submarined himself by firing the entire team so that every existing and future SC project would have to stop because there's literally no one around who can work on it?

This is good leadership? Like maybe he could change just the department head instead so work could continue on a PROFITABLE business line?

To borrow a Tom Brady roast joke, I'd butt heads with you on this but it's kinda hard to do when your head is so far up Elon's ass.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2024, 07:16 AM   #4521
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
I hope Rivian succeeds. I like RJ and the company's ethos. There were too many early-adopter challenges with the R1T for me to hang on to it, but I think the R2's going to be solid.
Me too, if they last long enough I'm down for a R3, love the shape and it would make sense for my GF that would be my first electric I think... I feel like that's the one they should be making first, R2 is a bit derivative.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2024, 08:29 AM   #4522

Quote:
Elon is a racist piece of shit, I'll buy an electric one day but it's not going to be from him
Examples?

Please don’t send links of MSM giving their “opinions”, but rather, just straight facts of him being racist.

Lefties like to make accusations like this. “This person is racist/transphobic/discriminative” when all the time, they are just repeating rhetoric argument made by people who either have an agenda or agreeable-to-you perspective where very little facts are in place.
Old 05-16-2024, 08:48 AM   #4523
Performance Moderator

He literally sat in an interview on camera with his own mouth moving with words coming out of it and said he doesn't believe in replacement theory... and then described his belief, which was exactly replacement theory.

That's not lefty talk, it was HIS words. It doesn't get much more racist than that sir.

Spend a few days reading his tweets and checking out his likes, he's constantly promoting books by racist authors, promoting data showing that white people are biologically superior, railing against pro-trans media, nevermind all the journalism surrounding how his factories are run, calling out to Carson fucking Tucker to come over to his platform and letting white supremacist organizers back on his platform.

You can love Tesla all you want, but Elon Musk has turned into a complete piece of shit.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2024, 08:58 AM   #4524
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,332 Times in 2,526 Posts
I don't specifically remember Elon being racits, but there is no shortage of example of him being a self-centered and ego-centric idiot. That alone is enough for me to despise him.

It doesn't mean I don't recognize his brilliance in a lot of things. But at the same time, he is without a doubt a huge idiot -- someone with absolutely no concept of socially acceptable behaviour, and at times, someone without any basic logic.

Twitter is a great example of this -- Elon has run the company into the ground. As much as I enjoy the popcorn I got from watching this Twitter show, I also lament the loss of a reasonably good platform for reliable breaking news (as long as you know which sources to follow).

As to EV alternatives to Teslas, I'd say this -- as a first mover in the sector, the only direction Tesla can move in terms of market share is down. This is an inevitibility -- there isn't even any point in arguing about it. When other maufacturers catch up enough with their EV drivetrain tech, that would mark a point where it becomes viable for people to buy EVs other than Teslas. The operative words here is "catch up enough" -- other EVs don't need to have better drivetrains than Teslas for them to be competitive. Even now, I have a friend who has an ID4 and a Model Y, and he told me -- given the choice between the 2 vehicles, he would pick the ID4 every time over the TMY because it drives and rides so much better than TMY.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 09:02 AM   #4525

Quote:
He literally sat in an interview on camera with his own mouth moving with words coming out of them and said he doesn't believe in replacement theory... and then described his belief, which was exactly replacement theory.

That's not lefty talk, it was HIS words. It doesn't get much more racist than that sir.

I'm sure there are numerous other examples, nevermind all the journalism surrounding how his factories are run, but what more do you need besides someone who literally believes in replacement theory?
Not sure which interview you refer to specifically. If you are talking about the one about illegal immigration to the US, where exactly is the replacement theory suggestion?

Again, I don’t have a problem of people having opinion about whoever. The problem I see today is people make claims on their opinion and pass it on as facts. You said Elon Musk is racist. However, a more precise statement is you think he is racist. You have a prejudice against him that you are not willing to admit. Because prejudice is the very essence of any form of discrimination and you want to justify your point of view without you looking bad in any shape or form.

Same as any lefties out there. It’s always this being a victim ideology. Everything that’s wrong is about something or someone else unless that person is in power. However, why can’t it be that the people in power are just trying to preserve our way of life and value? And if you feel that is discrimination. Then do explain why sticking to the Canadian, American or any countries value is discriminative? Value of a certain place is nothing more than an established expectation of the society. Without it, we cannot function properly. There are rules and laws in place for a reason.