REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:46 PM   #76
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHatta View Post
They found them in their house, not at the scene.
there were 3 bombs at the scene, and 12 more at the home. they found the remote detonator in the car. but (fortunately) for some reason the bombs didn't go off.

the police and fbi are hinting that there may have been more targeted attack locations, or that the location may not have been the original target.
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2015, 02:50 PM   #77
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,374 Times in 1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Wonder if the shooter went over the edge because of this guy?

California massacre victim ranted about Muslims on Facebook | New York Post
Seems about right, get revenge on a bigoted troll by shooting him and 31 of his coworkers

The shooter(s) was a grade-A nut long before this and probably before he even went to Mecca. Then again, maybe his Pakistani woman put him up to it

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:26 PM   #78
Need to Seek Professional Help

Anyone willing to murder people like this has been radicalized in some shape or form. If your not white and not Christian then its from Terrorists. If you are white then the media will find something.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:53 PM   #79
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Anyone willing to murder people like this has been radicalized in some shape or form. If your not white and not Christian then its from Terrorists. If you are white then the media will find something.
it's like the couple who are from extremely wealthy families in NY, they're crackheads, they plotted bomb attacks, had drawn out plans, had bomb making equipment, and weapons, but they were busted before they carried out their attacks... well they were simply diagnosed as insane crackheads with extreme fantasies and sent to a psych ward iirc -_-
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:42 PM   #80
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Anyone willing to murder people like this has been radicalized in some shape or form.
In the case of many religions, it's an act of adhering to the tenets of their religious scripture. The individual is simply staying true to the words written. Its the religion itself that is radical, outdated, and should be left to history.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:46 PM   #81
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
There are white christian terrorists too, just look at any abortion clinic attack
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:02 AM   #82
Need to Seek Professional Help

I know, just using it as an example of how the media is saying that they were radicalized. Regardless of your color, religion or whatever. If you kill a bunch of people you have been radicalized in some shape or form. In the case of the abortion clinic, the way many republican/conservatives have been talking about Planned Parenthood have in some part led to this.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:32 AM   #83
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,290 Times in 2,507 Posts
Well... what do you know? Now they're saying the Pakistani wife pledged allegiance to ISIS using Facebook alias, although there is no evidence the group directed the shooters to launch the attacks.

The natural next guess is -- the wife seduced the husband to become radicalized as well?

This is so fxxked up.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:09 PM   #84
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Media had a free for all inside the shooters homes today. MSNBC and CNN showing living action shots of the reporters treasure hunt.

Landlord originally gives reporters access, Landlords' wife comes later and screams at the media circus to get off her property.

Quote:
Reporters from several major news networks entered the apartment of Syed Rizwan Farook and wife Tashfeen Malik on Friday morning with cameras rolling to show the world what lay inside — live, uncensored and on national TV.
Reporters root through San Bernardino shooters' apartment on live TV - Trending - CBC News

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:41 PM   #85
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2015, 08:01 PM   #86
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
yeah i was pretty when i saw this in the morning, the FBI said they have no concerns too -_- just didn't make sense, apparently rummaging through the place overnight was enough to satisfy them
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #87
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Well... what do you know? Now they're saying the Pakistani wife pledged allegiance to ISIS using Facebook alias, although there is no evidence the group directed the shooters to launch the attacks.

The natural next guess is -- the wife seduced the husband to become radicalized as well?

This is so fxxked up.
the wife was from Saudi Arabia and the guy was Pakistani. but in all honesty, with the way the cops are finding evidence its obvious they were up to something. they had tactical gear, fully auto weapons with thousands of rounds of ammo, the 12 pipe bombs and the bombs attached to RC cars. they also found brand new phones that were smashed to try and cover up something. kind of hard to call this an isolated incident at this point.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:21 PM   #88
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
yeah i was pretty when i saw this in the morning, the FBI said they have no concerns too -_- just didn't make sense, apparently rummaging through the place overnight was enough to satisfy them
The CSI forensics teams would go nuts if they saw that video footage. Talk about irresponsible policing.

The crime scene is now contaminated with so many fingerprints from reporters and other media people.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:10 PM   #89
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
the wife was from Saudi Arabia and the guy was Pakistani. but in all honesty, with the way the cops are finding evidence its obvious they were up to something. they had tactical gear, fully auto weapons with thousands of rounds of ammo, the 12 pipe bombs and the bombs attached to RC cars. they also found brand new phones that were smashed to try and cover up something. kind of hard to call this an isolated incident at this point.
False the guy was American born in Chicago. His wife was born in Pakistan but was raised in Saudi Arabia.

San Bernardino Shooter Was Born In Chicago: Chicagoist
Old 12-05-2015, 01:37 AM   #90

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
False the guy was American born in Chicago. His wife was born in Pakistan but was raised in Saudi Arabia.

San Bernardino Shooter Was Born In Chicago: Chicagoist
stupid cnn fudging up some facts. oh well, at least i know now.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:38 AM   #91
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Seems pretty ironic that the law enforcement officer is telling CNN they are fucking up the crime scene, and yet CNN continuous to fuck up the crime scene right in front of his face...
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:49 AM   #92
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
People need to stop pinning religion/nationality as the scapegoat. Haven't we all at some point or another felt alone or isolated? The desire to belong to something, to be included is a far bigger motivator than religion.

You would expect someone who becomes radicalized to be well versed in the Quran and it's teachings (assuming you support the idea that Islam is a radical religion), then why is it that kids who want to join ISIS buy books like 'Islam for Dummies' and 'Arabic for Dummies'?

ISIS ?Dummies? Bought Islam 101 Book Before Joining the ?Jihad? - The Bridge Initiative | A Research Project on Islamophobia

There's a bigger problem, and there's a reason why terrorists are both white and brown.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-05-2015, 01:45 PM   #93
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrRsn View Post
People need to stop pinning religion/nationality as the scapegoat. Haven't we all at some point or another felt alone or isolated? The desire to belong to something, to be included is a far bigger motivator than religion.

You would expect someone who becomes radicalized to be well versed in the Quran and it's teachings (assuming you support the idea that Islam is a radical religion), then why is it that kids who want to join ISIS buy books like 'Islam for Dummies' and 'Arabic for Dummies'?

ISIS ?Dummies? Bought Islam 101 Book Before Joining the ?Jihad? - The Bridge Initiative | A Research Project on Islamophobia

There's a bigger problem, and there's a reason why terrorists are both white and brown.
Religion has always preyed on the weak and simple minded - you don't say.

No, I would not expect someone lured in by religion to be well versed. There was a reason literacy, historically, was reserved for religious leaders and powerful/wealthy of society while the masses were left in ignorance. It was an attempt to control the message in order to maintain the power structure. If those ignorant masses were able to read, to be educated about the world, they would be able to interpret religious texts and possibly find their religious leaders to be full of shit and not to be trusted.

Religion and nationalism are tools to influence and they work best on ignorance. People who identify with a religion are a red flag to me as someone who could become a potential threat. As I said in the previous terrorism thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
I simply do not trust people who display an inability or unwillingness to take a step back from their beliefs in the face of overwhelming fact. People of all religions, modern feminists, truthers, people who believe in ghosts/ouija boards/alien visitation, etc. - they all display irrational thought to some degree. Under the right circumstances, irrational thought can turn to dangerous levels, much like you see with these terrorists. If being distrustful of people who exhibit unshakeable irrational beliefs, from the clueless university social justice warrior to the ISIS sympathiser, makes me a bigot and not someone exercising common sense, then so be it.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:50 AM   #94
I subscribe to Revscene

San Bernardino shooting witness three shooters

Kiven Barret content...
Huge wave of false flags to follow Paris, San Bernadino
Huge wave of false flags to follow Paris, San Bernadino | Veterans Today
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #95

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
San Bernardino shooting witness three shooters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyUPNAaADW4

Kiven Barret content...
Huge wave of false flags to follow Paris, San Bernadino
Huge wave of false flags to follow Paris, San Bernadino | Veterans Today
1. Government Agency

2. Recently Dead Celebrity

3. Shadowy Non-government Organization/Religion

4. Natural Phenomenon

5. Terrifying New Weapon of the Future

6. Well-Publicized Tragic Accident

7. Unpopular but Well-Known Politician

8. Zodiac Sign

9. Terrible Global Domination/Terrorism Goal

10. Date Pulled Out of Your Ass

The (1.)______ were responsible for the recent death of (2.)______, who was part of the well-known (3.)_______. We can see by the way (4.)______ happened that it's clear that (1.)_______ has been secretly working on (5.)______. They have been testing this (5.)______ by using it in (6.)______. It turns out that (2.)________ was close friends with (7.)_______, through their mutual involvement in (3.)_______. (7.)_______, being a (8.)_______, is obviously the kind of person who would use (5.)______ to (9.)_______. I think we all know that we can expect to see (7.)________ perform another test of (5.)________ on (10.)_________. Prove me wrong!
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: