REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 01-05-2016, 02:47 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Making A Murderer

Anybody watching this show? It so gut wrenching and makes me question the justice system.

Advertisement
extracrunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
God of Unce

mmmurica.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:54 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
http://www.revscene.net/forums/63320...laying-14.html
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

yeah finished the first season! This could happen here as well just depends on how currupt the system wants to be!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:57 PM   #5
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Do you guys believe Steve and his nephew is innocent?
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:04 PM   #6
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
My response to that question, spoilered for those who haven't seen it:

Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2016, 04:31 PM   #7

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
Do you guys believe Steve and his nephew is innocent?
Are innocent*

Spoiler!
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:39 PM   #8
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Watched it over the weekend. Have spent the last 2 days reading more about it including forums with tons of back and forth between lawyers and investigators giving their opinions. There are a few things that weren't included in the doc, and i guess the complete videos of the interrogations are available to watch, and apparently they don't look quite as bad as they show in the doc.

You have to always remember that any documentary will be written from one point of view, regardless of its attempts to be unbias. That is almost unavoidable given different parties agreeing to, or not wanting to, be part of it.

At the end of the day, regardless of whether you think they are did it or not, there seems to be overwhelming evidence that should at least give them a new trial in a different jurisdiction. I mean, for fuck sakes 2 of the jurors had clear conflicts of interest, and those were 2 of the 3 who strong armed the 7 who were saying not guilty into changing their minds. The prosecution did not prove beyond all reasonable doubt that they did it. And so much of the evidence provided was either proven, or strongly suspected of being bullshit, including both cops lying under oath, and collusion from Brendans lawyer with the prosecution. The problem is, now Steve blew his whole wad on the first defense, he would have no hope with an appointed attorney.

Theres just so much fuckery in the whole thing. You couldn't write a story that complicated if you wanted to.

And Teresa's brother is a phaggot.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:55 AM   #9
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
In case you guys are interested...

Dassey Confessions ? Recordings and Transcripts

I feel real bad for the kid.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:07 AM   #10
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
just blew through 3 episodes of this, it's so ridiculous it almost seems fictional

Spoiler!
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2016, 07:45 AM   #11
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Telephone conversations:

A: Hello?

B: Yeuh?

A: Yeuh?

A: Yeuh.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:43 AM   #12
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
watched 2 episodes so far...it's pretty addicting but
all i remember is that guy apparently does not wear underwear
that and the cops had something like 8 days of uninterrupted access to the Avery property during the Halbach investigation, the very same cops that hate the shit out of this family

i haven't had time to sit down and watch it but someone recommended the "Serial" podcast so i've been listening to that on my drive to work

if i get the chance i'll probably binge both this weekend
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:16 AM   #13

^ one of my cousins recommended that "serial" podcast to me as well. going to have to give it a listen.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #14

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
am I the only one that thinks Steven Avery looks like Alan from the Hangover lol
Old 01-06-2016, 10:55 PM   #15
I don't get it

here's some points that weren't discussed in favor of the prosecution side

Spoiler!
tacobell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:29 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobell View Post
here's some points that weren't discussed in favor of the prosecution side

Spoiler!
Dean Strang addresses some of the things brought up in your post.

'Making a Murderer' lawyer Dean Strang addresses charges of evidence missing in series | EW.com
Old 01-07-2016, 10:08 AM   #17
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
a couple points on the bullet and key.

1: the bullet was found by an officer who was not supposed to be part of the investigation.... FIVE MONTHS after the garage was initially searched top to bottom, with everything in it being searched and presto, theres one magic bullet laying around.

also, as the story goes, steven killed her in his garage, meaning he shot her at very close range, so there would have been blood everywhere. steven was some how so smart and thorough that he spit polished the garage so well they couldn't even find a drop of blood anywhere (and keep in mind this was a cluttered junk shed, not a clean garage), but he was too stupid to pick up the bullet he killed her with?

edit: also from what i understand, the bullet itself wasn't linked to averys gun. only the 11 empty shells were.

2: the key, which again, was found by that same officer who was not supposed to be part of the investigation, several days after the bedroom had been searched several times, including the bed stand being moved, and the whole thing being photographed and videotaped, and suddenly its right there in the open? have you ever lost your keys? are they ever in the place you looked 4 times before?

secondly, the man we all assume is dumb as shit, was able to spit polish the bedroom and garage so thoroughly there was no DNA or blood in either, but somehow forgot to do something with the key instead of leaving it out in the open.

thirdly, im fairly certain i read somewhere it was proven to be a spare key, not her main key. and who only has a car key on their keychain, not a house key or any other key?

fourth, how can a key that someone is supposed to use everyday to drive their car not contain ANY DNA aside from the dna of the guy who allegedly killed her.

and to bring them both together, the officer who found both of those pieces of evidence, was not supposed to be involved in the investigation, lied under oath and was caught, very likely snuck onto the property (as shown by the logs), was being named in the law suit by steven avery, was in the chain of custody of his DNA, and was involved in his other wrongful conviction.

ah hell, ill keep going

so the blood found in her car was supposed to be from the cut on his hand right? so if his cut finger left blood in the car, he couldn't have been wearing gloves, right? k then why are there no finger prints? so he was smart enough to wear gloves to not leave finger prints on anything, anywhere. but he was too stupid to wipe up blood?

also, 3 of 6 spots of blood were tested, not all 6. and the bigger smear in the trunk apparently came from hair.

the call to auto trader with a 'fake name', he used his sisters name. the name of the person selling the van.

Last edited by RRxtar; 01-07-2016 at 10:43 AM.
RRxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:33 PM   #18
I don't get it

^^^^
I totally agree with you, i just wanted to point out the other side since a documentary can edit anything towards their own agenda.

I don't believe steven or brendan killed her, they just don't have the iq capacity to clean up a crime scene. prosecution claims she was shot 11 times, no blood splatter on any of the junk pile in the garage, no blood found in the crack on the floor, how's that possible?

also if they raped her and slashed her throat, I find it almost impossible to not find any blood, i think the floor was carpeted too.

why the f didn't the cops investigate the ex bf or roommate? they look guilty as fuck

so many things that were f'd up in this investigation, the system is messed, the same judge for the appeals court, ha laughable
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2016, 06:50 PM   #19
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Does it get better after the first 2 episodes? I feel like they could have been condensed into one 40 min episode... Maybe my expectations were too high

I agree if you like this you'll love Serial. That was so good.

I'll give ep 3 a go tonight, but so far I'm not that intrigued.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2016, 07:19 PM   #20
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

^ To be honest with you, I fell asleep in the first 3 episodes.

It DOES get much better, though. I couldn't stop after it picked up.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2016, 07:26 PM   #21
I don't get it

I know this was filmed over a 10yr period, video footage, audio they state is all real, however I keep noticing when the camera goes to film the reporters, they all look like shitty actors. Did they go back film these reporters with their actors? I couldn't find anything on the web regarding this
Old 01-07-2016, 09:13 PM   #22
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Does it get better after the first 2 episodes? I feel like they could have been condensed into one 40 min episode... Maybe my expectations were too high

I agree if you like this you'll love Serial. That was so good.

I'll give ep 3 a go tonight, but so far I'm not that intrigued.
watching it condensed on cnn's coverage may be the way to go for many, it does get a bit more interesting albeit slowly.

police bending the rules, planting evidence, or colluding with one another (even with defense lawyers) isn't exactly uncommon, even here... but this case wow! and to have it uncovered like this, definitely worth the watch

if you're not into these sorts of investigative shows, or reading case files, then yeah stick to the coverage on tv :0
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:49 PM   #23
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobell View Post
I know this was filmed over a 10yr period, video footage, audio they state is all real, however I keep noticing when the camera goes to film the reporters, they all look like shitty actors. Did they go back film these reporters with their actors? I couldn't find anything on the web regarding this
Reporters have got to be ready to go on camera any time. They were the real reporters on site. So they had their make up and everything done at all times during.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:46 PM   #24
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
/tinfoilhaton

the halbach murder was all a set up to throw avery back into jail. avery was thrown into jail for 18 years for a crime he did not commit which means the police department failed big time, not only costing an innocent man 18 years of his life, but also letting the real rapist walk free. they cant just let avery walk free so they fabricated this whole thing up and screw him over once again to save themselves face.

/tinfoilhatoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2016, 12:18 AM   #25
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
wait, so what happened to Kratz?
- as a district attorney he was sexting his client
- others come up accusing him of sexual harassment
- he essentially blackmails the DOJ with his clout in the Avery case
and then he just resigns and leaves?...

also, with the arguments of whether Avery is innocent or not, whether the documentary was too one-sided, none of that matters because the the point of the whole documentary was to highlight the failings of the criminal justice system. Regardless of Avery's innocence, he shouldn't be in jail because there are so many conflicts of interest and inconsistencies with the prosecutor's evidence and testimonies. There is no way a case with that many holes in it proves a man is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

edit: Kratz vs Strang
Spoiler!

edit: to lighten the mood
Spoiler!

Last edited by PiuYi; 01-08-2016 at 01:27 AM.
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: